Quoted:
Have you shot one?
View Quote

How is the trigger?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Because you can hide a lack of trigger control with a 4lb single action with .030" travel.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll shoot a better gun better.  The whole "the gun is more accurate than the shooter" is bullshit.  Yes, the mechanical accuracy is, but there is a lot more that goes into making a good shot than mechanical accuracy.
View Quote

It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. ALL GUNS SHOOT BETTER THAN THE PERSON SHOOTING IT. PEOPLE CAN NOT SHOOT BETTER THAN THE MECHANICAL ACCURACY  OF ANY GIVEN FIREARM.

The idea that people have to justify buying a more accurate weapon is asinine. Who cares if they can’t hit the broadside of a barn. Let people buy what they want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Cause it’s sexy as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Not for nothing, but if you're posting a Sig Legion and an APC with a Holosun and some whack pistol brace conversion to stock pad instead of buying the real stock as evidence of non poor status....
Attachment Attached File

The NH is nice though.  Who did you borrow it from?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. ALL GUNS SHOOT BETTER THAN THE PERSON SHOOTING IT. PEOPLE CAN NOT SHOOT BETTER THAN THE MECHANICAL ACCURACY  OF ANY GIVEN FIREARM.

The idea that people have to justify buying a more accurate weapon is asinine. Who cares is they can’t hit the broadside of a barn. Let people buy what they want.
View Quote

Yes they can, but you have to look at much longer ranges to do it.  I agree with you 100% on handguns, but there are many people shooting better scores in 600 and 1000 yard matches than a gun in a vise will shoot, due to wind calls shot to shot.  We could argue about whether the outside influence is truly impacting mechanical accuracy but conditions are conditions and they require live interaction to mitigate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Staccato is a good looking pistol. But not that good looking when I can get something cheaper
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Speak for yourself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the vast majority of people are not capable of firing a handgun accurately
Speak for yourself.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
They kept all the best parts of the 1911 platform (trigger, ergonomics) while addressing the shortcomings (weight, capacity) in a package that isn’t astronomically expensive.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Staccato is a good looking pistol. But not that good looking when I can get something cheaper
View Quote

Many folks like quality over cheapness.  The cheapest option is to not buy anything at all and stay home.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
2500 pffffft.  My TSO with mags and SRO cost that.  The new Staccato I'm eyeballing is over 4 grand.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#16]
My agency for about two or three years allowed us to carry the Springfield professional 1911. Most accurate handgun I’ve ever shot in my life and I don’t shoot outside of quarterly qualifications.  Currently I carry a Glock 17 or 19 but compared to my 1911 my scores are down by at least 15% even though I shoot the exact same amount every year. The firearm in fact does make a big difference in accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#17]
These threads are always fun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hi-Points are a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Though I own a few it’s been awhile since I’ve really handled a 1911, I’ve just been shooting my soulless Tupperware carry guns. I picked up a Prodigy and figured it’d scratch the itch of a 2011. I know full well where the Prodigy is on the spectrum of 2011’s, but even then, I REALLY like it. Instead of curing that desire, it made me want a Staccato that much more. Turns out these 2011’s are pretty cool after all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably the 3rd time I ever fired handguns, I went to a range and rented a glock, a sig p226, a kriss vector, and a Sig 1911. I was massively more accurate at 10 yards with the 1911 than the others. It wasn't even close. The straight back pull of the trigger and grip angle makes it better than all the others for effortless accuracy.
View Quote

I know Sigs have a lot of haters, and I know Sig 1911’s have a lot of haters among 1911 fans as it’s not a “true” 1911. But I have two (C3 and Emperor Scorpion) and they’re VERY nice and offer quality and features well above their price point.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes they can, but you have to look at much longer ranges to do it.  I agree with you 100% on handguns, but there are many people shooting better scores in 600 and 1000 yard matches than a gun in a vise will shoot, due to wind calls shot to shot.  We could argue about whether the outside influence is truly impacting mechanical accuracy but conditions are conditions and they require live interaction to mitigate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idea that people have to justify buying a more accurate weapon is asinine. Who cares is they can’t hit the broadside of a barn. Let people buy what they want.

The difficult part about long range shooting is for the most part reading the elements. People will occasionally get groups smaller than the mechanical accuracy than the firearm, I done it several times. They aren’t going to do it every time they shoot, because there is a bit of luck involved in it happening.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
XC master race

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Because some people like skinny girls and some like fat ones?
Tastes vary, although the straight pull trigger on a Staccato just feels better than any pivoting trigger.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#24]
If I was a gun gamer I'd probably have one.  The price is a bit off-putting though since I don't.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Well now I wanna get a Staccato just so I can put a 507Comp on it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not for nothing, but if you're posting a Sig Legion and an APC with a Holosun and some whack pistol brace conversion to stock pad instead of buying the real stock as evidence of non poor status....
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
The NH is nice though.  Who did you borrow it from?
View Quote

The Nighthawk is mine.  Second 1911 I ever bought.  Ed Brown was the first.  Traded the Ed Brown for a Colt Model 70 Gold Cup.

The APC came from the factory with the brace and tailhook, and the stock from BT was never in stock.  Ironic.

The Legion is perfection.  DA trigger is better than the NH.  SA is flawless.  Reset is insane.  Sad, because I can't stand Sig 1911's.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#27]
US Army Delta Force gave STI a try.  They gave up and went back to Glock.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
US Army Delta Force gave Staccato a try.  They gave up and went back to Glock.
View Quote

I'd rather have a Glock for dragging through the mud
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dupe, internet broke
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Nighthawk is mine.  Second 1911 I ever bought.  Ed Brown was the first.  Traded the Ed Brown for a Colt Model 70 Gold Cup.

The APC came from the factory with the brace and tailhook, and the stock from BT was never in stock.  Ironic.

The Legion is perfection.  DA trigger is better than the NH.  SA is flawless.  Reset is insane.  Sad, because I can't stand Sig 1911's.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I bought some with the thought of replacing my glocks I carry and I still carry my glocks.

Eta:  they are nice and fun to shoot and very accurate.  I have a p and a c2 both with rmrs.
View Quote

Similar situation, but I carry S&W, FN and HK.

Also ended up selling my C2
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hi-Points are a lot cheaper.
View Quote

Hey hey hey, not that cheap
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Completely made in the USA
Incredible warranty/customer service
I shoot mine better than the Glocks it replaced.

You do you.
If I had a job where I was overseas depending on my handgun for my life and had a supply chain, etc. then I MIGHT go back to a Glock, but seeing as I'm not high speed, nor low drag my C2/RMR works very well in it's intended role, as does my P Dpos

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#34]
And did STI's get more popular now that Staccato is the new heat, or are they considered old and busted?
I've got a NIB STI .45 single stack that I never got around to using, figured it was what it was, and then I see that all of a sudden the renamed company is the shizzle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And did STI's get more popular now that Staccato is the new heat, or are they considered old and busted?
I've got a NIB STI .45 single stack that I never got around to using, figured it was what it was, and then I see that all of a sudden the renamed company is the shizzle.
View Quote

STI was a good company that made intro guns for USPSA and a bunch of 1911s.  Then they tried to make just competition guns (DVC), but it soon became apparent that their guns wouldn't last with the high round counts comp shooters shot.  So they went to the tactical timmy market with a big instagram marketing campaign.  It works great for them because timmies don't shoot a lot but like to spend a lot of money to try to impress other shooters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#36]
A 1993 Honda Civic will get me from point A to point B the same as a new 911 turbo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Most of arfcom is not most of the gun owning community
Most of arfcom isn’t buying staccatos
View Quote

Most of Arf doesn't even shoot more than once or twice a year
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with how accurate the gun is, it is how accurate the gun makes the shooter.  I can shoot a 2011 WAY better than my comp'd 320.  Mainly it boils down to the trigger.
View Quote

Exactly. I swear lots of people here don’t shoot.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Who doesn’t love flexing on the poors at the range?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The difficult part about long range shooting is for the most part reading the elements. People will occasionally get groups smaller than the mechanical accuracy than the firearm, I done it several times. They aren’t going to do it every time they shoot, because there is a bit of luck involved in it happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. That's the challenge, knowing the variable and compensating for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Because they haven’t found Alchemy 2011s yet?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#42]
A Staccato is like a woman yes all women have the same parts some look really great some not. A Staccato is a fine looking woman who will blow your mind in the sack
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Because some people aren't poor and like nice things?

Why do poor/cheap people always feel the need to talk shit about the stuff they can't afford or are too cheap to buy?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

And I am  poor
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or the dozens of other companies that make quality 2011s
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They kick ass that's why. I shoot mine better than any other handgun I have ever owned. It's like cheating.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but Alchemy is the one that gives me the fuzzies in my tummy…
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

An appeals to authority challenger has appeared!
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The US also bought HK416s and SCARs. Their opinion is to be discarded immediately.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously, when the new owners decided to pivot to the duty market, it was a better business move.

There’s also a big thread on Enos about STIs vs Staccato and what’s changed for the better internally
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top