will it hit $1 this weekend?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It could but I'm doubting it.

Seems like when there's an expectation of jumping is when it flounders.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I only have 2000 coins and i bought at $0.08.  i put a limit sell in for $1.00.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Im hoping it hits 90 cents, im selling off 20 percent of my holdings then i think.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This could be a good thing in the long run for gaining confidence in the system. Some of those exchanges are the wild west of insider frontrunning with zero oversight.
View Quote
I like the wild west and zero oversight just fine thanks. I don't need the governments help to make everything 'fair'.  Caveat Emptor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
buckle up boys...this weekend could be a big deal for some of us

God is Great!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Climbing fast at 73 now

edit: 75
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$0.70

It’s possible but don’t make some huge bet on it unless you are comfortable with losing that money. This whole thing is a guessing game.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
.74 and climbing! Let’s go!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to shit my pants laughing then choke to death on my own tongue if this thing hits $1
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bitcoin is different though, it has a set limit to the amount that can ever exist, and that makes it a true store of value.  Dogecoin isn't like that as I understand.  Dogecoin is also pointless and too hard to buy or use, it's not even available on coinbase.
View Quote
Uhhh...I can easily buy dogecoin in minutes, drunk, from a phone, while having a conversation and a cigar with friends.  Not sure about other folks, but its as easy as shooting fish in a barrel as far as I'm concerned.

Easy to buy, easy to convert, easy to use.....no different than any other crypto. Just need to know how to move it around.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does Uncle Sam get his cut if you use Dogecoin to buy something? Say you purchased Doge at .10 and it rises to .60 and then you get tickets to a Mavs game for 150 coins...
View Quote
Fuck uncle Sam and his cut.  My risk, my reward.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who even watches snl though? I just don't see that causing a big boost. Hope I'm wrong though
View Quote
I haven't watched SNL in 30+ years.

I will watch it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does Uncle Sam get his cut if you use Dogecoin to buy something? Say you purchased Doge at .10 and it rises to .60 and then you get tickets to a Mavs game for 150 coins...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Me listening to all the haters say Dogecoin is bullshit fake joke meme coin

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't wait for safemoon to do this shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy crap…I was up to 20k briefly
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are ways around that but if you are using Coinbase or Robinhood they will be sending your trading activity to the government.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There are ways around that but if you are using Coinbase or Robinhood they will be sending your trading activity to the government.
View Quote

Ive got some doge from 2014, if I convert it to USD through Gemini, can it be classified as long term capital gains?  Anyone know?  Are there Crypto CPAs?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It’s possible but don’t make some huge bet on it unless you are comfortable with losing that money. This whole thing is a guessing game.
View Quote

haha, I put in $200 at about .30 cents. I'm good either way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#22]
It's been a fun ride but who is getting ready to short DOGE tomorrow?  The uncapped supply and massive number of new coins created daily provides a constant downward pressure on the value and one that will over take the hype.  That's not saying it will be a bust but there will be a pull back and once that starts it will be wild.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Going back and reading the first few pages of this thread is funny.

The person crying because they missed their chance to buy it at .03 instead of .05 seems silly now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw .73

Down a bit and going back up.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's been a fun ride but who is getting ready to short DOGE tomorrow?  The uncapped supply and massive number of new coins created daily provides a constant downward pressure on the value and one that will over take the hype.  That's not saying it will be a bust but there will be a pull back and once that starts it will be wild.  

View Quote

I have a feeling many potential buyers will have already bought in expecting the jump tomorrow and during SNL most of the movement may be downwards as those buyers try to get their payday. However if Elon convinces new people to be interested there could be an upswing in the middle to end of the week as those totally new people get accounts set up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#26]
10x in 30 days. You might not ever see that again in your lifetime.

This is like life-changing money for many of you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Holy crapI was up to 20k briefly
View Quote
Diamond hands
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
x87
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ive got some doge from 2014, if I convert it to USD through Gemini, can it be classified as long term capital gains?  Anyone know?  Are there Crypto CPAs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gemini is located in the US but I'm not sure if they automatically send the info to the IRS.  Coinbase is now sending 1099-MISC for accounts that have over $600 in income from trading coins.  

The proper way to report crypto trades to the IRS is by using IRS Form 8949.  It has a spot for the date/price acquired and sold.  There is a spot to record both short term and long term.  

It looks like Gemini has a higher bar to reach before they send a 1099-K to the IRS for their users.  You need to have both over 200 trades in the year and total proceeds from sales over $20,000.  If you are under that amount, it is my understanding they will not automatically send a 1099-K to the IRS...but that doesn't remove any responsibility of reporting lesser gains.

https://support.gemini.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000032643-What-Do-I-Need-To-Know-About-Cryptocurrency-Tax-Reporting-

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have a feeling many potential buyers will have already bought in expecting the jump tomorrow and during SNL most of the movement may be downwards as those buyers try to get their payday. However if Elon convinces new people to be interested there could be an upswing in the middle to end of the week as those totally new people get accounts set up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, it all depends on what Elon does or doesn't say.  I doubt he would say something to directly influence the public to get in on it but it is possible.  As you said everyone else that wants in is already in.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#31]
big dive, looks like many are satisfied enough to dump before snl. Premature?

it may bounce right back up but hitting.75 or so is probably a nice cashout for many

edit- hell that dive was sharp but bottom out only in the .68s
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good....more money for me!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, you can levered short it (synthetic) on certain DeFi protocols
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Diamond hands up 9,000%
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or we could see it again in a week.  Or a 90% powerdive. Crypto be exciting, yo!

Yep.  Mostly out of dumb luck (I accidentally HODL'd a shit-ton of DOGE I bought back in 2015....and then was lucky-smart enough to be watching the graph when DOGE started to move in January, and bought even more).  I'll skim some profits at ~$1, but mostly am going to continue to HODL and see where the ride takes us.

Disclosure: I had a bunch of BTC in 2010...that I traded away the second BTC was worth anything in 2011.  Had I held onto it...I'd be stupidly rich right now.  Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I think we haven't seen anything yet.

Go ahead and jump out if you made a million but as more places accept it as currency it will only go up. IMO

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I agree, it all depends on what Elon does or doesn't say.  I doubt he would say something to directly influence the public to get in on it but it is possible.  As you said everyone else that wants in is already in.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you see his tweet?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I just wonder if it's going to drop like a fucking rock Sat night then new buyers come in a day later and boost it up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Or would could see it again in a week.  Or a 90% powerdive. Crypto be exciting, yo!

Yep.  Mostly out of dumb luck (I accidentally HODL'd a shit-ton of DOGE I bought back in 2015....and then was lucky-smart enough to be watching the graph when DOGE started to move in January, and bought even more).  I'll skim some profits at ~$1, but mostly am going to continue to HODL and see where the ride takes us.

Disclosure: I had a bunch of BTC in 2010...that I traded away the second BTC was worth anything in 2011.  Had I held onto it...I'd be stupidly rich right now.  Lesson learned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or would could see it again in a week.  Or a 90% powerdive. Crypto be exciting, yo!

Fuckin A Right.

ETA

Yall sell some more so it can hit my low limit
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#41]
hold the doge
we will have a up trend then a compression to around 58
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

it may bounce right back up but hitting.75 or so is probably a nice cashout for many

edit- hell that dive was sharp but bottom out only in the .68s
View Quote
And bottoming out at .68 is why I didn't sell. I'm averaged at .047 which isn't great but it's better than .68
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought a bottle of Pappys whiskey on the drive home tonight to celebrate.  Congrats to all who had the testicular fortitude to hodl!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bought a bottle of Pappys whiskey on the drive home tonight to celebrate.  Congrats to all who had the testicular fortitude to hodl!
View Quote
It's not over man. Fight for $10
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Tonight calls for a Doge sea shanty!

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pour pour pass

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's not over man. Fight for $10
View Quote

Oh, I will be hodling for a long time.  However, just paid off the house and all other debt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh, I will be hodling for a long time.  However, just paid off the house and all other debt.
View Quote

Holding for years here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Call me Adolf Hodler.
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top