Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No
But I don’t own a safe and you knew that
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to overshoot by half a digit to make mine work.

View Quote

Mine is like that,  if you use the proper combo it will not open.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You gotta be sober to open mine. Don't even try to do if you've been drinking.

That x number of turns to the right then x number to the left and so on then turn backwards. Forget it. I lose count

I keep a cheap safe with 2 throwaway guns in upstairs
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t know the push button code I have to enter in my elevator to get to the vault room requires an exact code then the safe door opens after a retinal scan
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
On two of my safes you have to be precise and the other two are more forgiving.
Dennis
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
My safes are biometric, but keyed to my dickprint so even if somebody knocks me out they won't be able to figure out which finger opens the safes.

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This....Liberty Fatboy, gotta be exact or it is not opening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Got to be on the money. Have a liberty safe.

This....Liberty Fatboy, gotta be exact or it is not opening.
My Liberty Fatboy will be here next week.  From what the salesman showed me on the floor model, I have to be very careful to push the number buttons in the right order.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Half the battle on an S&G lock is knowing the pattern.  A lot of people wouldn't be able to get in one even if the combo were written on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but the odds of someone guessing it are still pretty much impossible. S&G dial on my Browning Medallion. I have other small safes for fast entry that are digital.

Half the battle on an S&G lock is knowing the pattern.  A lot of people wouldn't be able to get in one even if the combo were written on it.

LOL!

That's the truth.

I tried to get an engineer friend to open one over the phone ---what a frustration!
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The S&G lock on my Browning safe has a fudge factor of half an index point.

In the event I ever have to get in it quickly, I have practiced telling myself to slow down and be exact when I open the safe.  If I were in a panic trying to open it I know I would screw it up.
View Quote

Take it apart and narrow up the cross beam so there is more tolerance for combo error.

Not too difficult the first time and you will learn a LOT about combo locks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LOL!

That's the truth.

I tried to get an engineer friend to open one over the phone ---what a frustration!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but the odds of someone guessing it are still pretty much impossible. S&G dial on my Browning Medallion. I have other small safes for fast entry that are digital.

LOL!

That's the truth.

Sometimes for no apparent reason I go right left right, despite no combo lock ever that I've encountered working when you got RLR.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sometimes for no apparent reason I go right left right, despite no combo lock ever that I've encountered working when you got RLR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

That's the truth.

For some reason, when I first started collecting safes, and learning to manipulate them, I began setting the combo backwards.

So spin the dial -not at one at the moment and we are always confused unless muscle mem kicks in -spin the dial CW 3 turns stopping at x, then CCW stopping at y, and so on.

I think!

I've retrofitted S&G electronic locks on half of them now, about, and buy the locks on eBay for great prices used. Typically a standard S&G electronic that uses the 9v battery costs ~$40.

This said, I always document [photograph with measurements] the lock/bolt/mechanism, in case there's a failure and I have to service the unit. Strongly recommend everyone do this to help a lock smith in the event of trouble and might save some $$$ getting it open.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sadly, I no longer need a safe after that tragic boating accident.
View Quote

Yep. Same here. Now I just keep old cookbooks and a collection of ancient dildos in my safe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Laughs in simplex locks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top