User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems like that silicone or caulk would end up jammed and plugged somewhere
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. What about using a plug made from wax? I'd think that would melt (or just burn up) and be relatively clean.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was thinking the same thing. What about using a plug made from wax? I'd think that would melt (or just burn up) and be relatively clean.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like that silicone or caulk would end up jammed and plugged somewhere
I have no idea since I have zero experience with that kind of thing but a plugged ported barrel seems like a bad idea with any of that stuff. We’re only talking about a couple grains of pistol powder or similar here. Be pretty easy to get gunked up bad.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have not yet tried soda can skeet, DO IT!!!!

Third shot with the can cannon this morning, I about fell over when the wife asked if she could try

Of course I agreed, gave her the can cannon basic training course and grabbed my TAC-14

She fired off a 6oz can, then giggled as I proceeded to miss it She said it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be and asked If I wanted to try another can, HELL YES!!! Again, a miss. At this point I had figured out why I was missing, the can hauls ass for about the first 30-40 yds. So, It was near 50yds before I was on target and firing. 14" barrel, cylinder choke and #8 birdshot is not worth a shit at 50yds.....

I had my VR60 auto with me, shoved in a full choke, loaded up the mag. We had 5 cans left at this point, I didn't bring all that many as I figured I would be the only one launching them....
Wife shot the can and so did I Not a perfect hit but at least a few pellets hit causing a spiraling spraying of soda before it hit the ground. Same thing with the next can. By this time, I was getting the hang of tracking the can quicker. 3rd,4th and 5th cans were all solid hits, Like hitting a clay and turning it into dust, only exploding, wet mist
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I see the following posts on Page 4:
Quoted:
Just ordered on with a longer barrel.

And 2 packages of blanks and a drum for my 9mm ar.

Plot thickens.

The confirmation had this in it...

MODERN MFG may be contacted at:

Address: 3315 NE 112TH AVE

VANCOUVER, WA 98682

Phone: 360-281-8987
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just ordered on with a longer barrel.

And 2 packages of blanks and a drum for my 9mm ar.

Plot thickens.

The confirmation had this in it...

MODERN MFG may be contacted at:

Address: 3315 NE 112TH AVE

VANCOUVER, WA 98682

Phone: 360-281-8987
What contact info are people using to get a hold of F5 Manufacturing? I know at this point we're kind of assuming that they're all the same back-end entity with different store fronts, but I'd like to call the "right" number if there is one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well,

Since it looks like it's going to be "Hate on F5/XProducts" time again, might as well share.

After ordering on Sunday the 1st when their website said 13 were in stock, I still haven't gotten anything. I got immediate notification that a shipping label had been created, could see it on USPS tracking, (still can) and no updates after that. I contacted their customer service through the website contact form on Sunday the 8th, figuring a week, especially considering the 4th of July holiday was Wednesday, was a fair lead time before I started asking questions.

I'll note that friends here in WI with me that ordered one on Monday the 2nd had gotten theirs by Friday the 7th...

I was initially encouraged when Jef" contacted me via email rather quickly by the morning of Monday the 9th, and said he'd look into it and promised me an update sometime in the latter half of the day.  He did not respond until 7pm Central my time, 5pm Pacific his time, and that was after I'd prompted him with another email. He said they'd been having problems with USPS and to give it a few more days. So I gave USPS two more days to deliver, Tuesday and Wednesday evening. Nothing.

So I contacted him again Wednesday evening after the mail had come, mentioning that I had hoped to use the Can Cannon at a cookout/shoot with other Arfcommers this coming Saturday the 14th (tomorrow) and that almost two weeks seemed more than enough time for it to have gotten to me. And I further mentioned that I'd only really be able to use the Can Cannon at such events, because my neighborhood is far too urban, and my gun club would not allow it. "Jeff" promised to ship one out via FedEx so it would get to me by today. Nada. And now it's Friday night, and I didn't receive any tracking information, and FedEx has nothing on their website's delivery manager subscription page indicating they have anything in transit for my name and address anywhere.

So if Jeff or anyone else from F5 is reading this, I don't think F5 is being "rude" or "mean" intentionally here, but I am pretty certain at this point that you are a bunch of fuckups.
View Quote
When I ordered on Saturday, the 7th, their site showed 4 in stock. I finally received a FedEx tracking number on Thursday, the 12th. As of right now, it shows as having left Troutdale, OR this morning, with an expected delivery date of Thursday. That will make 12 days from the time I ordered an in stock item to the day of delivery. That's a bit long, to be completely honest.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see the following posts on Page 4:

What contact info are people using to get a hold of F5 Manufacturing? I know at this point we're kind of assuming that they're all the same back-end entity with different store fronts, but I'd like to call the "right" number if there is one.
View Quote
When I went and picked up mine at their shop yesterday I used the one under Modern Mfg since it was the same address
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Yikes!  Remind me not to be anywhere near your target!

Need a high level suit!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yep. If the chamber throat didnt have a pin sticking thru it, and, the barrel end was open, I would feel comfy using a wad of some sort. I'll just stick to using my kind of expensive blank crimp dies....
View Quote
Thats what I will probably do as well, even though the cost of the dies compared to normal dies is a bit offensive..........
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you have not yet tried soda can skeet, DO IT!!!!

Third shot with the can cannon this morning, I about fell over when the wife asked if she could try

Of course I agreed, gave her the can cannon basic training course and grabbed my TAC-14

She fired off a 6oz can, then giggled as I proceeded to miss it She said it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be and asked If I wanted to try another can, HELL YES!!! Again, a miss. At this point I had figured out why I was missing, the can hauls ass for about the first 30-40 yds. So, It was near 50yds before I was on target and firing. 14" barrel, cylinder choke and #8 birdshot is not worth a shit at 50yds.....

I had my VR60 auto with me, shoved in a full choke, loaded up the mag. We had 5 cans left at this point, I didn't bring all that many as I figured I would be the only one launching them....
Wife shot the can and so did I Not a perfect hit but at least a few pellets hit causing a spiraling spraying of soda before it hit the ground. Same thing with the next can. By this time, I was getting the hang of tracking the can quicker. 3rd,4th and 5th cans were all solid hits, Like hitting a clay and turning it into dust, only exploding, wet mist
View Quote
Thats sounds like more fun than Ice Skeet, on occasion we slide cans across a frozen pond and shoot at them with pistols.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thats what I will probably do as well, even though the cost of the dies compared to normal dies is a bit offensive..........
View Quote
Yeah, kinda pricy compared to a standard die set. Still, for a niche die set its really not that bad. I have redding comp dies that cost a helluva lot more
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
another thought, for the more machine tool savvy guys here, The way I can see this done is on a mill with a 30 degree double angle milling cutter, or maybe a really thin slitting saw, and a rotary table. to make a miniature  version of this
Attachment Attached File

that could be used in place of the seater stem in our conventional dies.  Ideally a CNC setup could crank them out faster than a manual, but the problem of cost of scale to manufacturer is still going to be there no matter what I am afraid, hell if someone wanted to absolutely own what little market there is for this they could have a billion of them done in MIM...but would probably have their grandkids still selling them  50 years after their death.  One other small PITA, I would bet dollars to doughnuts you would have to anneal the brass every time as well. Hell if I get my lathe back together I may just grind a file down with a safe edge and waste away a day in the shop.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Father in law and me shooting it into the pond yesterday

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#15]
RC is too good to be using as ammo!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
RC is too good to be using as ammo!
View Quote
Haha I don’t drink soda so I bought the cheapest at the grocery store. Coffee, water, and beer for me
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Here was our target

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Tactical applications are sketchy but it sure will put a grin on a 9 year olds face!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Teh grappling hook from CRP should fit in these.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Teh grappling hook from CRP should fit in these.
View Quote

I tried searching “CRP grappling hook” so I could figure out which one/what you’re talking about, but I came up with nothing...
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I tried searching “CRP grappling hook” so I could figure out which one/what you’re talking about, but I came up with nothing...
View Quote
Columbia River Precision
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Columbia River Precision
Ok, I get it now.  Thanks.

https://www.columbiariverprecision.com/products/grappling-kit
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Needs some Mesa Tactical Urbino love......
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone shot firework mortar shell out of them?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
go ahead Florida man
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just wonder if there is enough muzzle flash to lite the fuse.

And how big of a charge would one use? 12OZ coke can would be one hell of a bird banger.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And how big of a charge would one use? 12OZ coke can would be one hell of a bird banger.
View Quote
Just spit balling ideas.

But, I wonder if you unthreaded the outer can and ran the fuse through the bottom cross hole then spun the can back on if it would light the fuse reliably.

I have a little trip wire alarm that uses shotgun primers and it will light a smoke grenade fuse that is passed through the hole.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s all great till you have one light in the tube
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just spit balling ideas.

But, I wonder if you unthreaded the outer can and ran the fuse through the bottom cross hole then spun the can back on if it would light the fuse reliably.

I have a little trip wire alarm that uses shotgun primers and it will light a smoke grenade fuse that is passed through the hole.
View Quote
I have that same device. Guessing you either bought it at the WAC show or you're the guy selling them at the WAC show.

Threading it through the bottom of the can is the hard part I think. Getting it to all fit together isn't going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just spit balling ideas.

View Quote
I have one of those as well. Me and the daughter had it set up on our muscadine vine for deer. We have a video on YT showing it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Update on my order: called the Modern Manufacturing number, the guy could see my order, and said he shipped it out when FedEx says the label was made. Since FedEx doesn't show anything after the label being made they probably lost it. Said he's had trouble with both FedEx and USPS having long delays and losing stuff.

When I mentioned that I had been hoping to use it at a get-together this weekend he said he'd just ship another expedited so I'd have it in time. If I end up with two I'll just send one back. I asked if they were slammed over the last couple weeks and he admitted we had pretty well cleaned them out but he still wanted to take care of everyone and sort through these issues. Seems like a guy that really cares about customer service and is just overwhelmed with orders.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Update on my order: called the Modern Manufacturing number, the guy could see my order, and said he shipped it out when FedEx says the label was made. Since FedEx doesn't show anything after the label being made they probably lost it. Said he's had trouble with both FedEx and USPS having long delays and losing stuff.

When I mentioned that I had been hoping to use it at a get-together this weekend he said he'd just ship another expedited so I'd have it in time. If I end up with two I'll just send one back. I asked if they were slammed over the last couple weeks and he admitted we had pretty well cleaned them out but he still wanted to take care of everyone and sort through these issues. Seems like a guy that really cares about customer service and is just overwhelmed with orders.
View Quote
I PM'd him on IG and showed they the thread that I started he knows where all the orders are coming from now
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#34]
My order came today, but they sent the dang short barrel launchers.

I sent them an email asking how to fix it.

Anywhoo, here’s some pics for people wanting them.

5.56 barrel inside the launch tube (it’s a nub that protrudes 3” past the threaded AR receiver):

Attachment Attached File

Welded pin blocking live rounds:
Attachment Attached File

Aluminum launch tube is almost exactly 9” long (not counting barrel nut/tube breech that’s threaded onto the AR receiver):
Attachment Attached File

Coors Light 16oz can fits perfectly into tube with just the right fit (snug slide in, and a satisfying vacuumy sound when you pull it out)
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Anywhoo, here’s some pics for people wanting them.

5.56 barrel inside the launch tube (it’s a nub that protrudes 3” past the threaded AR receiver):

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/BCBB120E-E8FF-436C-B435-085718496110-611024.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/7112B816-8842-4F98-9541-98EF8C74D3AB-611025.JPG

Aluminum launch tube is almost exactly 9” long (not counting barrel nut/tube breech that’s threaded onto the AR receiver):
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/7335B2DD-20EC-4C7B-9046-25B5BDC1F074-611026.JPG

Coors Light 16oz can fits perfectly into tube with just the right fit (snug slide in, and a satisfying vacuumy sound when you pull it out)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/ED468FCF-15E2-4DD8-9F7F-55D0D49102B7-611032.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/EDE87104-564D-4640-8365-5EFB315BDABF-611034.JPG
View Quote
Looks like the chamber is smaller, but that the launch tube is the same length.

Now I really want one!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Anywhoo, here's some pics for people wanting them.

5.56 barrel inside the launch tube (it's a nub that protrudes 3" past the threaded AR receiver):

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/BCBB120E-E8FF-436C-B435-085718496110-611024.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/7112B816-8842-4F98-9541-98EF8C74D3AB-611025.JPG

Aluminum launch tube is almost exactly 9" long (not counting barrel nut/tube breech that's threaded onto the AR receiver):
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/7335B2DD-20EC-4C7B-9046-25B5BDC1F074-611026.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/ED468FCF-15E2-4DD8-9F7F-55D0D49102B7-611032.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/EDE87104-564D-4640-8365-5EFB315BDABF-611034.JPG
View Quote

I can vouch for the Coors round... first time a Coors ever satisfied me.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now I really want one!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now I really want one!
Yeah, I really want the 11” barrel (or even longer), with that same short nub.

Quoted:

Yeah, Coors should probably give them a kickback for spurring sales and consumption!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, Coors should probably give them a kickback for spurring sales and consumption!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I really want one!

Quoted:

The nub doesn't set the depth. The can is tapered inside.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I really want one!

Quoted:

You’re right (of course), I forgot.  I did see the step in the tube.  I didn’t have time for more pics because I was headed out the door for work.  When I get home tomorrow I’ll check to see how close that shoulder is to the end of the 5.56 blank barrel nub.  Maybe with a shorter nub— they might have moved the shoulder lower to give the same payload length?  I’ll check to see how far below the muzzle the shoulder is.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Painting these things green like ordnance makes me feel like slightly less of an alcoholic.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Bwaahahaaaa!

Oh man!  I love that!

Did you need to prep the cans to keep the paint on?lol

Maybe we’ll need to create stencils and an identifying colored band system for fillers.  Mk 1 mod 0 for an H20 filler.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bwaahahaaaa!

Oh man!  I love that!

Did you need to prep the cans to keep the paint on?lol

Maybe we’ll need to create stencils and an identifying colored band system for fillers.  Mk 1 mod 0 for an H20 filler.
View Quote
I had considered doing something like that.

My ideas were:

Hotel-Two-Oscar
NOT HEDP
NEZP (Not explosive; zero purpose)

I didn't bother priming the cans. This is the rustoleum OD green. It's pretty flat. If it scratches...mehh.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Launcher arrived today

the long version 11 inches
Standard 12 oz can sits about 1 inch
below the rim

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Launcher arrived today

below the rim

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37083/f5_can_-_Copy-611140.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37083/f5_can_2_-_Copy-611145.JPG
View Quote
Cool, thanks for the measurement pics!
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#45]
SWEET mine arrived. Took 8 days from order to delivery.

Mine WAS NOT hand tight. I had to use my oil-filter strap wrench and a action-rod to free it. I cleaned the nub up, deburred the chamber lip, polished the chamber with some abrasive polish and a cordless drill, and reassembled the barrel onto a Bear Creek side-charging upper with about 20 FT-LB of torque. The side charging upper was $75 and the side charging BCG was $60... LOOKS great.

I have an Evike picatinny mount quadrant M203 sight (air soft) on order and I'm trying o get the custom laser engraved 80% lower for this thing made. In the meantime, it's sitting on another lower with a PA red dot on top temporarily. I even made a little custom plug and then blackened it to much more effectively fill the unsightly plug typically found at the rear of side-charging uppers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mine WAS NOT hand tight. I had to use my oil-filter strap wrench and a action-rod to free it. I cleaned the nub up, deburred the chamber lip, polished the chamber with some abrasive polish and a cordless drill, and reassembled the barrel onto a Bear Creek side-charging upper with about 20 FT-LB of torque. The side charging upper was $75 and the side charging BCG was $60... LOOKS great.

I have an Evike picatinny mount quadrant M203 sight (air soft) on order and I'm trying o get the custom laser engraved 80% lower for this thing made. In the meantime, it's sitting on another lower with a PA red dot on top temporarily. I even made a little custom plug and then blackened it to much more effectively fill the unsightly plug typically found at the rear of side-charging uppers.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/D3421B4B-EA53-426F-843C-559A6D83710F-611449.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/ECE3A842-2CF1-4F5F-B646-DD5623CEDB71-611450.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/7A706EDF-3335-4491-814B-900BDD4ECD56-611451.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/0B476DAA-AE12-4170-AEE1-4CA4AB8326AD-611452.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/6610AEB4-164D-4455-9888-91E20A2941F4-611453.JPG
View Quote
I'm on day fucking 10 and FedEx tracking says it won't be here (Tennessee) for two more days.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:56:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s pretty much the exact set up I plan to have. I have the side charging upper and carrier. Just waiting for the can launcher.
Any chance I could commission you to make another plug? That looks great.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/D3421B4B-EA53-426F-843C-559A6D83710F-611449.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/ECE3A842-2CF1-4F5F-B646-DD5623CEDB71-611450.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/7A706EDF-3335-4491-814B-900BDD4ECD56-611451.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/0B476DAA-AE12-4170-AEE1-4CA4AB8326AD-611452.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/6610AEB4-164D-4455-9888-91E20A2941F4-611453.JPG
View Quote
Noice!
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Launcher arrived today

below the rim

View Quote
Ok, I got home and started measuring.  Something weird is going on.  My 9” barrel also sits a 12oz can 1” below the rim.  They must be be using different internal dimensions on the two barrel lengths....?  Gotta be.

Inside launch tube pic showing shoulder:
Attachment Attached File

Measurement from muzzle to internal can stop shoulder is 5 and 1/2 inches:
Attachment Attached File

Measurement from tip of 5.56 blank barrel to end of launch tube is 5 and 5/8ths inches:
Attachment Attached File

With a standard 12oz diet coke can inserted, there is almost exactly 1 inch of space between the end of the can and the launch tube rim:
Attachment Attached File

Codesmith:  Is your 5.55 blank barrel longer than mine?  i.e. protrudes longer than 3 inches past the end of the AR receiver?
Attachment Attached File

ETA:  if the 11” launcher barrels have the same length 5.56 blank barrel inside, then the only difference would be the internal can stop shoulder, and if that’s the case, then they are wasting 2” of payload space...?  I’m confused why they would do that?
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ok, I got home and started measuring.  Something weird is going on.  My 9” barrel also sits a 12oz can 1” below the rim.  They must be be using different internal dimensions on the two barrel lengths....?  Gotta be.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/75C63A07-E44E-42E0-B059-4F616B7903C9-611530.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/DB573F5C-F554-4701-A89D-8DD68D728045-611531.JPG

Measurement from tip of 5.56 blank barrel to end of launch tube is 5 and 5/8ths inches:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/95F811A7-A122-44AB-A7B2-B6FE4EF3B195-611534.JPG

With a standard 12oz diet coke can inserted, there is almost exactly 1 inch of space between the end of the can and the launch tube rim:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/EE1C6548-DFE1-4C04-BB7E-C150D9D04A91-611537.JPG

Codesmith:  Is your 5.55 blank barrel longer than mine?  i.e. protrudes longer than 3 inches past the end of the AR receiver?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/6E674911-B925-402A-8B0B-DC6288F6371B-611539.JPG

ETA:  if the 11” launcher barrels have the same length 5.56 blank barrel inside, then the only difference would be the internal can stop shoulder, and if that’s the case, then they are wasting 2” of payload space...?  I’m confused why they would do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Launcher arrived today

below the rim

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/75C63A07-E44E-42E0-B059-4F616B7903C9-611530.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/DB573F5C-F554-4701-A89D-8DD68D728045-611531.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/95F811A7-A122-44AB-A7B2-B6FE4EF3B195-611534.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/EE1C6548-DFE1-4C04-BB7E-C150D9D04A91-611537.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/6E674911-B925-402A-8B0B-DC6288F6371B-611539.JPG

I also have the longer 11” barrel:

12oz can sits 1-1/8” below the tube muzzle
The step in the bore is 7-5/8” from the tube muzzle
The distance from the step in the bore to the back of the tube is 10-1/4”
The tip of the barrel nub is 3-5/8” from the front of my receiver rail.

So yes, it looks like the longer barrelled version has the same payload space and an extra 2” of expansion space behind the payload. Lame. Only reason I got the longer version was to fit more tennis balls. Oh well.

I can only imagine more barrel space behind the cans means lower pressure hitting the cans? So maybe fewer can ruptures. But with the same effective barrel length and a lower pressure acting on the can, I also imagine that can wouldn’t go as far... so wouldn’t the short barrel version be able to launch cans a tiny bit further?

Or what if I put the longer barrel in my lathe and walk beck the shoulder about 1.75” or so... ?
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top