Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Since I'm into precision shooting right now, the HSNM is the clear winner.

For my regular rifles, that's a tough one.  I was going to say that's where most of my MBTs are hosted and they are a great 4.5lb 2 stage.  At the same time I've really happy with my generic LPK trigger. But I throw in a spring kit to bring it down to 3.5/4 lbs and polish the contact points.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Basically anything other than the larue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Which trigger pisses off the leftists and the ATF more than any other? Whatever it is, that’s my favorite.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a couple of those in unopened packages...how are they....really?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty Bird  

I have a couple of those in unopened packages...how are they....really?

I don't think they are very good. I bought one on sale a couple years ago and ended up replacing it with a larue. Ive built a few more rifles since and still haven't put it in another and may never.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
G-SSA

They got it perfect the first time.  It’s in all my serious use rifles for consistency.

Tikka’s 2 stage trigger on the T3X is the best factory trigger I have ever purchased as a new rifle that was perfect & didn’t need polishing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Rock River Arms National match two stage trigger.

Clean, predictable, break.  Always available and affordable.  

I have it in every AR  pattern rifle that I own.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Hyperfire. Nothing else has come close.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
"Best" rifle trigger i own is on my .36 cal Pedersoli black powder rifle. It has an adjustable set trigger configuration. I've got it's "hair" trugger set to "gnat fart".

That is awesome for bench shooting, but i actually prefer a stouter trigger for the guns i carry on the belt or in the woods. I guess I'm too cavemanish/clumsy/insensitive to be able to take full advantage of a refined trigger off the bench.

One major improvement for an AR was not even the trigger. It was the grip. Discovered a  standard milspec grip was too small. I have fairly large hands.  It put my trigger finger in an unusual position on the trigger itself. Bought a Magpul model with replaceable backstraps. Installed the largest strap....groups tightened up. I may eventually put a high end trigger set, say like a LaRue, but I'm lazy and don't want to mess with the tinkeritis BS of AR15 innards. Those teensy detent springs are the devil.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a couple Jewell 2-state triggers in my Remington 700 varmint rifles

On my old HBAR that I used to use for CMP (hanvemt done that in a while) I put in a Milazzo Krieger 2- stage match trigger.   Very nice even as old as it is
Other ARs I have Gesseile SSA-Es.  Love those.   A couple others have their match or DMR triggers.  

I put together a 10/22 from a bunch of parts out of the brownells catalog a long time ago.   It’s very crisp.  I think part of what made it nice was suing a couple sets of the spacer washers (power custom?).  No wobble at all in the trigger.  I got a timney for another one to build, and then a franklin for a charger.  Both still not put back together.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
G hi-speed NM
View Quote

Shouldn’t have taken this long for the correct answer to be posted.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rock River Arms National match two stage trigger.

Clean, predictable, break.  Always available and affordable.  

I have it in every AR  pattern rifle that I own.
View Quote

A great trigger at a great price.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Favorite of all time in an AR: Geissele Hi-speed with the DMR springs.

Followed closely by the LaRue MBT-2S with heavy spring (curved) and Geissele SSA.

Best bang for your buck though? LaRue MBT-2S hands down.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I've owned Geissele, ALGs, Hiperfire, LaRue, and a bunch of others.

All of my ARs have MBTs except for my precision rifles, which have Triggertech and Hiperfire. And I'm not sold on the Triggertech over the Hiperfires yet.

So LaRue and Hiperfire are my top 2.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I like my Geissele SDC. I have no problem with a decent mil trigger either like the BCM or even my PSA trigger is good too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]
For single stage, ALG makes a real good trigger

Two stage, Larue  MBT by far the best
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Anschutz 54 Match 2-stage
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#19]
SSF in ARs, but I've got better triggers on bolt guns and a 1911.

The SSF sees more use. I bought several.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#20]
MBT-2S with SSA-E in a close second.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Basically anything other than the larue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Thompson Contender
1.5 lb. of WIN!
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]
JP Enterprises... Came with my M&P/VTAC carbine and still works like butter and has zero slop after thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
G-SSA

They got it perfect the first time.  It’s in all my serious use rifles for consistency.

Tikka’s 2 stage trigger on the T3X is the best factory trigger I have ever purchased as a new rifle that was perfect & didn’t need polishing.
View Quote

Mak-90. Like butter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cheap but good? Larue
Best I’ve used? Hyperfire Competition.
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
SSA-E on my mk12 mod 0 clone.

Perfect DMR trigger.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#27]
MBT2 in certain guns
SSA-E in others
G High Speed NM in another

TriggerTech Diamonds in bolt guns
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm sure there is better out there now, but still rocking SSA's after all these years.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Have had an eye on a Centurion AST lately.

A2 tool steel and slick coating, heard nothing but good so far

Attachment Attached File

https://centurionarms.com/triggers/centurion-arms-llc-advanced-sniper-trigger-ast-2-stage-trigger/

The thing im curious about is where the line is drawn between very sweet target triggers and the stuff more suited for duty (not light but nothing obstructing a good release)

From that point on it has less to do with equipment and more with the person, so the control could be like an ok milspec trigger in the hands of someone who can make their hits regardless
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I like the S3G w/ 5lb spring, it's just so fast
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top