User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bonus points to anyone who shows up and shoots a round with a judge in .410. I've tried it a few times, but have mostly been unsuccessful. If you break 1/5 clays you're doing really good.
View Quote

Ive shot backyard clays with a 12 inch Contender in .410 with similar success. But it's fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In this thread, which I hated to read, knew I would.  There are many folks who do not have a clue what it is like to shoot a shotgun competitively.  Except for maybe myself and Bud.

-K80 Parcours Vienna Scroll Master Race
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I want to show up with a SPAS-12
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They make a magnetic bbl rest that works pretty good and would save your shoes.  Small rubber pad with a magnet that sticks to your bbl end,  step on the pad when you lift your muzzle to shoot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335829/6194a01187446dfc0913c0f0fd2d9cea_jpg-1899930.JPG
View Quote

Those magnetic pads dont work so well with titanium chokes.

I shoot AA-27-AA in trap.
After my shot, I break open the o/u, I eject the shell,  place the barrel on my foot, and place the next shell in the chamber.  When it's my turn, I pick the gun up, close the action, aim and fire.
Where's the unsafe?
And...I am an RSO

Also, shooting a near 9lb gun for 200 rds on concrete in 90° weather tends to get a little tiresome.

As far as you guys with sawed off shotguns winning all these trap scores, let's see it at an ATA event.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In this thread, which I hated to read, knew I would.  There are many folks who do not have a clue what it is like to shoot a shotgun competitively.  Except for maybe myself and Bud.

View Quote

K80 master race checking in from the Southwest Grand.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those magnetic pads dont work so well with titanium chokes.

I shoot AA-27-AA in trap.
After my shot, I break open the o/u, I eject the shell,  place the barrel on my foot, and place the next shell in the chamber.  When it's my turn, I pick the gun up, close the action, aim and fire.
Where's the unsafe?
And...I am an RSO

Also, shooting a near 9lb gun for 200 rds on concrete in 90° weather tends to get a little tiresome.

As far as you guys with sawed off shotguns winning all these trap scores, let's see it at an ATA event.
View Quote

I shoot skeet, not much registered anymore but occasionally.  I run the shoot software for skeet, help out with our trap shoots but don't shoot ATA trap.  I shot as the am in a pro-am event once a few years back.  Did ok, but my 'pro' partner had a bad day so we got nothing (except I won a Lewis class for the event, lol.)

Shooting in trap league I do the same as what you say. Never seen a shell go off just sitting there minding its own business.

Tubed DT-10 for skeet, 682s Trap for trap.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
As often as people repeat that same tired story on every clays thread, I've only seen one guy turn up with a camo'd pump and consistently out-shoot almost everybody. He'd shot  at the Gig Harbor Sportman's Club occasionally for a "tune-up" prior to dove or duck season. Why he needed a tune-up was beyond me, because he was a hell of a natural wing shot. They tried a couple of times to talk him into shooting competitively with no success.

Call me what you will, I'm all for a well regulated field when I'm around a group of strangers swinging shotguns. Feel the same way about ranges, too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
This is funny to me - I just got a Turkish VR82 'AR'-style 20 gauge, mag-fed. I have picked up three ten-round mags for it that are huge. Can't wait to get to the range with it and sight in the dot sight. There are a lot of Fudds at this range so I can't wait to see their faces when I uncork that baby. Too bad I don't play those shotgun games but if I did I would bring the appropriate gun. I had a great 12 ga combat shotgun a few years ago but decided that I wasn't going to use it here around the house so I let it go. The new one came about because of the events of the last year. I fully expect the riots to resume and I expect that suburban subdivisions could be targeted. I can't think of anything better than a shotgun for mobs trying to burn you out - I don't have machine guns or gunships.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish for a trap/skeet club that doesn't allow anything other than a O/U.  A lot of people don't know how to handle a shotgun and a semi can be dangerous for them and people around them.  Some know the rules, but appear not to give a darn.  They consistently sweep others.
View Quote
For some women it's the difference between being able to shoot a 12 gauge or needing to step down to a 16 or 20.  That semi absorbs a good amount of recoil.  Not enough women in the sport as it is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
C class in sporting clays.  Only been at it a couple of years though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I have been competing for a while.  I suspect that there are several others here who do the same.   I shot Berettas for years, and have been shooting a Kolar Max Lite Sporting since 2017.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Being unsafe proved he was an idiot, but not allowing him because his gun doesn't look right plays right into the left's hands. A shotgun is a shotgun. If it's harder to shoot trap with a gun like that big deal-it'll make it easier for you to shoot a higher score than his.
View Quote

Trap clubhouses are full of anti-gun people. A lot of them couldn't care less if everything but their $2000 scatterguns got banned.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They make a magnetic bbl rest that works pretty good and would save your shoes.  Small rubber pad with a magnet that sticks to your bbl end,  step on the pad when you lift your muzzle to shoot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335829/6194a01187446dfc0913c0f0fd2d9cea_jpg-1899930.JPG
View Quote

I would love to know how many of them end up downrange.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Trap clubhouses are full of anti-gun people. A lot of them couldn't care less if everything but their $2000 scatterguns got banned.
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been shooting registered trap for 30 yrs.  Never seen a muzzle pad shot down range.  Then again, you do premount the gun in trap so you'd see it before calling for the target.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

DT-11 here.also use a toe rest.  For all you guys bragging about beating the fudds, sign up for an NSCA sporting clays tournment and come out and shoot.
Not sure anybody cares what you shoot with.  Just follow the rules and never load more than two rounds while you are in cage.   Follow the safety protocols and show us what you got.  Sure you will be in Master class in no time
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
$2000?!  Shiiittt.  That's a cheap O/U.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top