Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honestly it was not understanding why he was doing it that was really driving me nuts. He drives a really short pattern so its just constant revving past my house.

Now that someone suggested that he might be tuning it/random car things I will do my best to ignore it until it goes away or becomes a real issue
View Quote
did you ask him yet?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
explain this to me

I live in a HOA
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
did you ask him yet?
View Quote

If I saw him stopped somewhere I might, but doesn't really seem worth the bother. In my experience people get extremely upset when you ask them to turn down their music or stop doing something stupid. They already know its annoying
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve got an H pipe and muffler delete on my 3.5 ecoboost and after 3,000 miles of brrrrrappp, it still makes me giggle like a 12 year old mongoloid.

My mileage has gone way down since I’ve had it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok Karen...
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If I saw him stopped somewhere I might, but doesn't really seem worth the bother. In my experience people get extremely upset when you ask them to turn down their music or stop doing something stupid. They already know its annoying
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
did you ask him yet?

wrong approach.

walk out when hes near your house...
wave him down and say hey man what tune are you using?
then he thinks you are in the scene.

say hey man, my neighbor is being investigated by the feds and they are always hanging out near here...   Just giving you a heads up dude.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go be a Karen somewhere else.

Sincerely,

The car community.
View Quote

Even the car community hates these clowns.  I can live with the typical Honda that the owner has put headers and exhaust on.  He's picked up a few HP and done an okay job.  There might be an intake and some other stuff under the hood.  It's the idiots with nothing else but a drop kit and a straight pipe I think OP is talking about, if they even have a drop kit.  They are insanely loud and hilariously slow.  I was at an intersection on the way to the beer store earlier and a red Honda (the odds, right?) stopped to turn right.  He floored it from a stop and the exhaust was ear splitting loud.  He's probably still trying to hit 60MPH in that thing.   My little Lexus IS 200t would have absolutely demolished that thing in a race and it would have been practically silent.  The engine on that thing was revved to the limiter and it was going so slow I couldn't believe it.

I enjoy the sound of a lopey V8 and some of the tuned, high-strung 6s and 4s out there.  This level of noise is just about being as loud and obnoxious as possible.  It's not at all about making power.  It's a desperate cry for attention.  It's obviously working but probably not like the driver was hoping.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even the car community hates these clowns.  I can live with the typical Honda that the owner has put headers and exhaust on.  He's picked up a few HP and done an okay job.  There might be an intake and some other stuff under the hood.  It's the idiots with nothing else but a drop kit and a straight pipe I think OP is talking about, if they even have a drop kit.  They are insanely loud and hilariously slow.  I was at an intersection on the way to the beer store earlier and a red Honda (the odds, right?) stopped to turn right.  He floored it from a stop and the exhaust was ear splitting loud.  He's probably still trying to hit 60MPH in that thing.   My little Lexus IS 200t would have absolutely demolished that thing in a race and it would have been practically silent.  The engine on that thing was revved to the limiter and it was going so slow I couldn't believe it.
View Quote

I had one do that when I was moving before. I passed him in a dually pulling a trailer load of furniture.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
i threw a bag of dog shit and contacted the fromt driver side fender at some asshat doing 50-60 thru my hood on a 25mph resi road. he didnt even stop.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i threw a bag of dog shit and contacted the fromt driver side fender at some asshat doing 50-60 thru my hood on a 25mph resi road. he didnt even stop.
View Quote

I threw a shoe at one doing about 50 on my street one time.  Missed the windshield by about 2".  In fairness, she had been approached about her speed numerous times and was warned that a shoe would be thrown.  She has since slowed down quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Put a muffler on that piece of shit.

View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I enjoy the sound of a lopey V8 and some of the tuned, high-strung 6s and 4s out there.  This level of noise is just about being as loud and obnoxious as possible.  It's not at all about making power.  It's a desperate cry for attention.  It's obviously working but probably not like the driver was hoping.  

View Quote

Spot on, I stay as far away as I can.

I don't trust them and they're always a split second away from doing something stupid, plus I know they don't buy good tires or parts, or do maintenance.

Rolling hazard.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hate loud cars, assholes like to redline their hoopties around here at midnight.

Then you have joe harley, takes it slow on the main road and revs er up when he hits the residential street at 1 AM.

Its all I have not to introduce either to some 00.
View Quote

I live in Milwaukee. The birthplace of Joe Harley.
The cops wont ticket H.D.'s with loud exhaust. It's a Milwaukee image thing.

15 out of 100 sound good.
The rest
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I have owned a few sports cars w modded exhausts, and do not mind a nice sounding system. The thing I hate is these fucking systems that fucking POP POP POP when the asshole cuts the throttle off.  What a total douchbag sounding system.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you have any neighbors with 12-16-year-old daughters he may be trying to impress?  
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This sounds like a problem you should definitely post about on Nextdoor
View Quote

Damn. Beat me to it. I was just telling my kids about the douchebaggery that goes on in that app.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Gillis suit and a can of Fireblock expanding foam?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Look at the kid square in the eye and tell him you'll bury your size 11.5 sandal while wearing 40 year old tube socks up his ass if he doesn't stop.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Loud pipes save lives, man.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#21]
A lot of people with loud cars are just plain inconsiderate "the world revolves around me" assholes.

I've had multiple cars with straights pipes and there is so many tricks you can use to get around a quiet neighborhood. Like using a taller gear, clutch, feathering the throttle just enough to coast etc.. Of course when you start up in the morning and let it warm up it will get noisy. Again though, I wait until I'm up to temperature and go. I don't let it sit outside for 30 min while I'm doing other stuff inside.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Once again the fools are out. You all shoot on your property and don't care what your neighbors think. You guys hear a little noise and turn into Karen's because it "bothers" you, lol.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Edelturd carb = Instafail IMO
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait until we each get our own planet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#25]
This is a tough one. HOA mindset vs the worst sort of auto enthusiast.

Oh well. OP, the reason for this nonsense may just be that he's a dumb kid. No meth required.

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are cars that are not loud that run under 8 second 1/4 mile.

With todays tech there is ZERO reason your street car should be loud.
View Quote

Quiet cars are gay
(Ones with proper V8s in them)

Obnoxiously loud cars are gay
(Open headers / fart cans on 4-bangers)

Somewhere in the middle is good.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Honestly it was not understanding why he was doing it that was really driving me nuts. He drives a really short pattern so its just constant revving past my house.

Now that someone suggested that he might be tuning it/random car things I will do my best to ignore it until it goes away or becomes a real issue
View Quote

Don't buy into that BS.

It's just some douchey kid screaming, "LOOK AT ME!!!  I'M SPESHUL!!!"
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#28]
LOL KAREN THREAD... HOA living at its finest.   why anyone would hate life that much is beyond me.. enjoy life man, dude with the loud car dang sure is.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have owned a few sports cars w modded exhausts, and do not mind a nice sounding system. The thing I hate is these fucking systems that fucking POP POP POP when the asshole cuts the throttle off.  What a total douchbag sounding system.

View Quote

Those kids are doing that on purpose. My tune for my 335i has a burble option. I have it turned off.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#30]
is there some kind of lawnmower model these douches buy for their hondas to make them sound like a lawnmower?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with this guy.

Lost me at HOA
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Louder = faster/more powerful.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Woo Wooooooooo!
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I can't wait until we each get our own planet.
View Quote

Well you're off to a rocky start on that  one, with the cunt governor your state elected.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#35]
No one thinks loud mufflers on 4 cylinder cars sound good,  no one wants to hear you revving your shit either.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Could be tuning/datalogging.

I like loud cars (generally not 4 cylinders), but there's a point where it's obnoxious. I heard a Miata the other day that was so goddamn loud I think he was violating some laws of physics to accomplish it
View Quote

I've definitely spun laps around my neighborhood trying to diagnose issues on my track-bikes.  Took awhile to diagnose cooling issues last spring!
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I like the silent-fast (silent-deadly) motto myself.

Kids will be kids, most go back into their turtle shell when a real fast car whoops their ass.
But, the loud thing is a fad, like a caddy riding on 24" rims and sky jacked, and ass heavy.

I believe the older people get, the more "noise" bothers them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#38]
i dont drive like an asshole on my road with my straight piped diesel or with my bike.  Both are loud.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Haven't you heard?  Loud pipes save lives.  The driver is just a good Samaritan out and about saving lives.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#40]
People with obscenely loud cars remind me of the Harley Davidson episode of South Park.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Loud pipes, burnouts, and aggressive driving  are pencil dick moves.

Bragging about it is transexual pencil dickness.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Saddle up and be his pace car. Following you @ 15 mph for a couple laps might convince him to fuck off.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Op, this him?

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Ghillie suit and your choice of tool to fix it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I bet it’s not worse than an Harley or sport bike.  It’s not the car, it’s the person being inconsiderate.  I have a loud car, I drive slow getting through the neighborhood to avoid hitting something and keep my exhaust not low.  It’s a bit loud on starts but I don’t rev it after 10 seconds it quiets down.

Not any different than people mowing at 7am, or their roofing contractors starting at 6. If you’re worried about the bigger issue which is speeding and wreck-less driving, call the police ans have them watch for the person.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#50]
You can't stand some kid and his ricer but you paid to live in an HOA community.

No that purple lantana is not acceptable.
Btw, your trash cans need to be out of sight by 11am
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top