Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Crazy how little the police gave a fuck.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No those rumors aren’t true. Just beaten to death with it. Jesse Anderson was beaten to death with it as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t he end up being beaten/sodomized to death with a broomstick in prison?

No those rumors aren’t true. Just beaten to death with it. Jesse Anderson was beaten to death with it as well.

According to Wikipedia it was a metal rod.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of the time when I read about these serial killers they usually have had some insane run in with the law. Like got cought on several occasions raping little girls but received thirty days probation each time crazy

I bitch about how lousy our legal system is nowadays. I believe it used to be much, much worse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Most of the time when I read about these serial killers they usually have had some insane run in with the law. Like got cought on several occasions raping little girls but received thirty days probation each time crazy

I bitch about how lousy our legal system is nowadays. I believe it used to be much, much worse.
View Quote

No it's FAR worse now.

They were let go back then due to gross incompetence.

Now they let them go deliberately.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'd go into an aids infested apartment in the druggie part of town and ask about bloodstains on the bed?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your story is solid you can sometimes talk yourself out of being arrested.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Waiting for all the fanbois/gurls to go to milwaukee and get their car stolen or robbed, or shot.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anthony Sowell comes to mind thinking about this
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was a barbell.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Is everything factual in the series or did they add some extra stuff for wow factor?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is everything factual in the series or did they add some extra stuff for wow factor?
View Quote
It's all extra wow factor because for the most part, no one witnessed what he was doing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#12]
He grew up about 30 minutes from me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Wish they didn't make shows about freaks like him.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#14]
“My bologna had a first name…”
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You'd go into an aids infested apartment in the druggie part of town and ask about bloodstains on the bed?
View Quote

I might even ask about the rotting flesh smell.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's just fucking cold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Necrophilia isn’t uncommon at all. Bundy went back and fucked corpses a week later, I believe Gary ridgeway was a necrophile too.  Israel keys froze one and defrosted her weeks later and fucked her.

That's just fucking cold.

Cracked open a cold one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#18]
You'd have to have a hole in your head to watch that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's all extra wow factor because for the most part, no one witnessed what he was doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dahmer confessed and was extensively interviewed.  He even waived his right to an attorney, but I don't think the best attorney in the world could have done him a lot of good though.

Maybe Dahmer exaggerated but he certainly didn't inflate number of kills like many serial killers do.  I don't think there is much if any doubt he ate parts of his victims as he had body parts in his refrigerator.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
And he is in Heaven now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Dahmer confessed and was extensively interviewed.  He even waived his right to an attorney, but I don't think the best attorney in the world could have done him a lot of good though.

Maybe Dahmer exaggerated but he certainly didn't inflate number of kills like many serial killers do.  I don't think there is much if any doubt he ate parts of his victims as he had body parts in his refrigerator.
View Quote

Yeah I'm talking more about the portrayal on TV.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And he is in Heaven now.
View Quote
With JWG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Netflix was going to try and use the actual real inteview tapes for the movie.

But they were going to cost an arm and a leg.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s all about traffic enforcement and fines anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm talking more about the portrayal on TV.
View Quote

What did you find over-the-top and exaggerated by the series portrayal? The parts that left me incredulous are exactly the ones that involved several other witnesses.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And he is in Heaven now.
View Quote

Where sin abounded grace did much more abound.  -the Apostle Paul and former murderer
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

What did you find over-the-top and exaggerated by the series portrayal? The parts that left me incredulous are exactly the ones that involved several other witnesses.
View Quote

I didn't find anything over the top and exaggerated. Guy asked if everything was factual or did they add some extra stuff for wow factor. I'm saying it's all wow factor because outside of his confessions, no one saw it. It's all fabrication for the show. Of course they added wow factor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I didn't find anything over the top and exaggerated. Guy asked if everything was factual or did they add some extra stuff for wow factor. I'm saying it's all wow factor because outside of his confessions, no one saw it. It's all fabrication for the show. Of course they added wow factor.
View Quote

Okay, I guess that's how I interpreted "wow factor," I'm not sure what else that could mean. There was definitely some filler to tell the story. Did Hughes have that exact conversation verbatim in that exact pizza shop, and did the night at Jeff's play out exactly like it was shown with the board game? Probably not, but it was a believable and realistic way to show us what they were like and how they interacted. Those things didn't have me saying "wow."

Letting Dahmer go with the boy without any further verification did, but that was real.

ETA: Just thought of the sandwich scene, that was a bit much especially in context of the timeline. I doubt that happened, but apparently one of his neighbors accepted a sandwich from him at one point.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Okay, I guess that's how I interpreted "wow factor," I'm not sure what else that could mean. There was definitely some filler to tell the story. Did Hughes have that exact conversation verbatim in that exact pizza shop, and did the night at Jeff's play out exactly like it was shown with the board game? Probably not, but it was a believable and realistic way to show us what they were like and how they interacted. Those things didn't have me saying "wow."

Letting Dahmer go with the boy without any further verification did, but that was real.
View Quote

Yeah I guess I took the whole show as a "wow" factor because otherwise what's the point?

Kinda like the Chernobyl show.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m a couple episodes in and struggling to stay interested cause it’s so slow. Sucks because I know it’s an interesting story and the American Horror Story crew that are behind this mini series are top notch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Netflix was going to try and use the actual real inteview tapes for the movie.

But they were going to cost an arm and a leg.
View Quote

They probably at least talked to the neighbor lady in the apartment building with the shared air vent. She complained about the smell every day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah I guess I took the whole show as a "wow" factor because otherwise what's the point?

View Quote

Chernobyl was fantastic, but I know going into any of these that some things will be fabricated or blended, etc., to make a more concise, entertaining, and easy-to-follow portrayal. I just ask the major events and things involving multiple witnesses etc. to be accurate. I want an accurate sense or feel for how things played out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Chernobyl was fantastic, but I know going into any of these that some things will be fabricated or blended, etc., to make a more concise, entertaining, and easy-to-follow portrayal. I just ask the major events and things involving multiple witnesses etc. to be accurate. I want an accurate sense or feel for how things played out.
View Quote
Yeah it seems like they did a good job of sticking to the truth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did it show the part where he was saved by the Lord Jesus Christ?
View Quote

However, blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is the one unforgivable sin...Dahmer may have crossed that threshold...just saying.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t mean to cause an uproar. I was more speaking of the facts around the killing methods etc  - exaggerated for Tv or pulled from real info

Like someone said the tub of acid next to his bed? Or him injecting acid
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I didn’t mean to cause an uproar. I was more speaking of the facts around the killing methods etc  - exaggerated for Tv or pulled from real info

View Quote

No uproar detected. I like to think adults here are capable of discussion and debate with no malice, which I think was successful here.

The series does not focus on graphic violence and gore, it's much more of a drama/thriller. It's not like Hannibal Lector movies, more on the level of Breaking Bad. Dahmer can be seen using hand tools in a few shots, bloody tools laying around, and we hear plenty of power tools being used through his neighbor's vent. I noticed the show slightly altered the first murder for no apparent reason compared to other things I've read while watching, striking while the victim is standing vs sitting, but otherwise seems to be on point. One of the most intense scenes is an unexpected portrayal of a Gacy murder.

Besides that, I just read that the romance between Hughes and Dahmer was probably fabricated for the show, which is disappointing because it added a meaningful dimension to the series' story. As others have alluded to, it can seem pretty draw-out and dry.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I’m going to watch this when I get a chance.

In the meantime, I dated a girl way back whose uncle was killed by the same guy that killed Dahmer in prison. I believe his name was Scarver or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Worked with a guy that used to date Konerak Sinthasomphone's sister (he was the 14 year-old kid that escaped Dahmer's apartment - only to later be delivered back into Dahmer's hands by the MPD).

Knew a guy that played saoftball with Jesse Anderson ("He's good people").

Also knew a woman that went to High School with Chris Scarver, the guy that killed Dahmer and Jesse Anderson in the prison rec area with the bar from a dumbell.
View Quote

Small world. Dated Jesse’s niece about 20 years ago. Scarver killed Anderson bc Anderson was in prison for killing his wife but blamed it on black guys(stabbed her in a parking lot). Scarver was black.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:32:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Its pretty good except for the slow parts around his parents issues

The dude who plays him is very good at depicting a very seriously creepy growing more disturbed individual between teen and adulthood

If it wasn't a tv show, you'd say this dude is seriously creepy vibes. The actor is amazing, dude is creepiest vibe ever with those double bridge gold glasses

Episode 3 when he hits the concert kid with the weights, chokes him out and then caressers him and gets aroused and kisses the body as the guy is dieing on the floor is the most fucked up thing I've seen in recent history

Then he pulls out the motorized knife wtffff

A+ for the old school cop who wont arrest him for DUI but instead threatens him "dont want see youre fuckin face again, get the fuck outta here"
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#41]
His dad wrote a book, it is amazing in VERY well written.

LIONEL Dahmer
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#42]
So what kind of sandwich was that?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Its pretty good except for the slow parts around his parents issues

The dude who plays him is very good at depicting a very seriously creepy growing more disturbed individual between teen and adulthood

If it wasn't a tv show, you'd say this dude is seriously creepy vibes. The actor is amazing, dude is creepiest vibe ever with those double bridge gold glasses

Episode 3 when he hits the concert kid with the weights, chokes him out and then caressers him and gets aroused and kisses the body as the guy is dieing on the floor is the most fucked up thing I've seen in recent history

Then he pulls out the motorized knife wtffff

A+ for the old school cop who wont arrest him for DUI but instead threatens him "dont want see youre fuckin face again, get the fuck outta here"
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Won't be watching any of this shit..
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No uproar detected. I like to think adults here are capable of discussion and debate with no malice, which I think was successful here.

The series does not focus on graphic violence and gore, it's much more of a drama/thriller. It's not like Hannibal Lector movies, more on the level of Breaking Bad. Dahmer can be seen using hand tools in a few shots, bloody tools laying around, and we hear plenty of power tools being used through his neighbor's vent. I noticed the show slightly altered the first murder for no apparent reason compared to other things I've read while watching, striking while the victim is standing vs sitting, but otherwise seems to be on point. One of the most intense scenes is an unexpected portrayal of a Gacy murder.

Besides that, I just read that the romance between Hughes and Dahmer was probably fabricated for the show, which is disappointing because it added a meaningful dimension to the series' story. As others have alluded to, it can seem pretty draw-out and dry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the detail! I’m a documentary guy myself so the drama things im always weary of
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The union naming the two cops "officers of the year" after they were rehired was a nice touch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@DDS87

They threw a Gacy murder in there somehow? We’re on episode 8 and haven’t seen that yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mop handle I believe…
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wow.  Use a little imagination.  Something like "the police and community didn't care enough about the poor missing homo minority people".
How 'bout that?
View Quote

Uhh they didn’t in real life? Ignored his neighbors’ warnings and handed over a drugged out anal bleeding child to him because they thought it was just a gay lovers spat? Swear people here want to interject nonsense into everything.

I was curious about this show but was going to wait on reviews before committing. Honestly I prefer a well done doc over a scripted drama when it comes to true crime. They hyped the skit out of that Ted Bundy movie with Zac Efron and it was terrible. Peacock or Amazon had a doc about the same woman Bundy dated and it was ten times better.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The thing about Dahmer is that he had insight into his depravity. Specifically, he knew what he was doing was abhorrent, but he was extremely OCD, & it started back when he was helping his dad butcher a chicken or turkey. He recalled being obsession with the innards & not being able to get the thought out of his head. He even tried to stop his homicide run because he knew he what ge was doing was so evil, & he lasted about a full year until the obsession overcame him & he resumed his spree.

I'm convinced that sociopaths & psychopaths are emotionally flawed, but they still know right from wrong, hence why they hide their misdeeds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#50]
What do you get when you show up late for dinner at Jeffrey Dahmer's.  The cold shoulder.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top