BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any chance it could be an impact event?
View Quote
double flash signature?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
In on 2

ETA: missed page 1 by that much!
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do Norks test their nukes under water typically?
View Quote
When the sub carrying the test nuke sinks - yes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looked at that radation site. Wtf is going on near Brisbane Australia? They have a spot that's reading over 2200 rem (or whatever the measurement unit is) .
View Quote
It’s not.  Those levels would kill people en masse.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In on 1
View Quote
Swing and a miss!
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Swing and a miss!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on 1
Swing and a miss!
Yuuuuuuppp
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sorry, my mistake.
View Quote
No need to apologize, just providing evidence.

Something big went big bada boom and could very well have been some canned sunshine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]
In for page 2
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:50:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Eh.

Yes, yes, MSM blah blah blah...

But such things can’t be hidden these days.  We’ll see if it’s someone jumping to conclusions or something screwy.

But 20 kt is a weird, weird number.  Damned low these days.  And underwater?  That’s outright bizarre.   Bizarre enough to make me skeptical.
View Quote
Nuclear depth charge or torpedo, maybe?  The ASROC nuke depth charge is 10kT, IIRC.  I think the ChiComs have some anti-submarine missiles and other naval weapons that might carry a nuclear payload that is on the smaller side.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Possibly a Goa'uld mother ship crashed.
Let’s hope SG-1 is on board and that they are OK.
Definitely need to get a deep sea rescue vehicle there before the Chinese get to it and suddenly they are selling Goa'uld Brainwashing devices for $4.99 on Amazon, the Democrats might start believing everything they are told.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do Norks test their nukes under water typically?
View Quote
No, but recently they had been experimenting with an underwater missile launch platform.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:52:35 AM EDT
[#12]
This should prove interesting
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
When I wake up, this thread better be 25 pages long!
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looked at that radation site. Wtf is going on near Brisbane Australia? They have a spot that's reading over 2200 rem (or whatever the measurement unit is) .
Looking at the map more closely, I see typos in several places.  The color codes don't reflect the high numbers either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Whale fart
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#16]
One of their new floating nuke plants go boom?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Exprosion?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But you see what I'm looking at right? Glitchy sensor maybe?

Edit: so maybe just a crappy website.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:57:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nuclear depth charge or torpedo, maybe?  The ASROC nuke depth charge is 10kT, IIRC.  I think the ChiComs have some anti-submarine missiles and other naval weapons that might carry a nuclear payload that is on the smaller side.
View Quote
We don’t just “loose” those.  Or have them ready for any sort of deployment (if my non-military knowledge of this stuff is an indicator.  Setting off a nuke isn’t meant to be possible accidentally).  And the ChiComs are smart about this: rather than go the Russian “bad missiles with nuclear payloads” route, their conventional ship-killers seem to be getting scary without needing the nukes.  Which is why this idea is so weird.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Big Bahda BOOM.
Whose ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#23]
USGS updates every 30 mins.

Looks like an earthquake to my unscientific mind.

Philippines
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Assuming that this isn’t bunk... Maybe we took a hit from a larger chunk of comet debris.

“POSSIBLE OUTBURST OF ALPHA MONOCEROTID METEORS: This week, Earth will pass by a stream of dusty debris from an unnamed comet. Forecasters believe the close encounter could cause an outburst of alpha Monocerotid meteors. The time to look is 04:50 UT on Nov. 22nd (11:50 p.m. EST on Nov. 21st). This timing favors observers in western Europe and eastern parts of Canada and the USA. More: full story, sky map.”

https://spaceweather.com/
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:05:07 AM EDT
[#25]
In ??
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Norks have been working on sub launched missiles since they’ve got the bomb sorted, but really only have short range missiles.

It may be they don’t have all the kinks worked out yet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:09:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Ah, what the hell.

In for the nuclear shenanigans.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Norks have been working on sub launched missiles since they’ve got the bomb sorted, but really only have short range missiles.

It may be they don’t have all the kinks worked out yet.
View Quote
We’d...have someone watching them.  And little fatso knows it, so I doubt they’d try it.  And I doubt they’d actually have something workable with a nuke on it without more tests.  We’d have seen a few test fires first, they don’t really have tons of nukes to spare to load on a test missile just ‘cause.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:19:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We don’t just “loose” those.  Or have them ready for any sort of deployment (if my non-military knowledge of this stuff is an indicator.  Setting off a nuke isn’t meant to be possible accidentally).  And the ChiComs are smart about this: rather than go the Russian “bad missiles with nuclear payloads” route, their conventional ship-killers seem to be getting scary without needing the nukes.  Which is why this idea is so weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying we lost one or anything like that.  I'm just saying maybe the ChiComs are developing a similar anti-submarine weapon to the nuclear version of ASROC.  I think the Soviets had nuke torpedoes.  Just throwing it out there as something that might be in that yield range and be detonated underwater.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We’d...have someone watching them.  And little fatso knows it, so I doubt they’d try it.  And I doubt they’d actually have something workable with a nuke on it without more tests.  We’d have seen a few test fires first, they don’t really have tons of nukes to spare to load on a test missile just ‘cause.
View Quote
Oh I’m sure we know about it,  but we’re not going to do anything about it.

Just like all the other missile launches.

The detonations on land; they are done testing.

They just need a delivery system like a sub to drive it over closer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Meteors
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#34]
This story is nowhere on any international news network. I cannot help but doubt its veracity
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This story is nowhere on any international news network. I cannot help but doubt its veracity
View Quote
Came to post this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hunt for Led Octobel?

One ping only.

Sir, it’s full of Pings.
View Quote
As a guy who is sitting in SE China right now, that is some funny shit right there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:46:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What else would be a 10-20 kt detonation with a butt load of radiation in teh middle of the South China Sea?
View Quote
There's no “butt load of radiation”. The map peddled by Hal Turner lists background levels. Also, it includes offline sensors with data from 2018!

Background radiation varies by a factor of 1000 on Earth (and more typically within one order of magnitude), so you have to look at trends to spot anything unusual. For a nuclear detonation, you would need confirmation by isotope sampling.

If you use correct settings for the uRADMonitor site (days 20 and 21st November 2019 and disable offline sensors), you get stable graphs with nothing unusual. It's a hoax.

Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I may be wrong, but when there's dozens of tweets from multiple news organizations within minutes of NK launching a missile and only a single "source" on this in 4 hours, I'm kind of doubtful.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Deep State False Flag Op!

Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:59:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In on one.

Chicoms setting off a nuke would certainly make for an interesting morning
View Quote
It certainly would, but that’s not what this is. The Chinese don’t keep a large stockpile and they have no intention of wasting warheads. They know that they can’t afford to waste ammo if they want to keep a credible deterrent.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#41]
In to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#42]
The future is an interesting and scary place
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Not seeing much to support, but a small nuke of unknown origin might get China's attention. Maybe a message delivered on behalf of HK by parties unknown?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#44]
"I said, 'cut the blue wire', not 'cut the red wire', doh!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Sub down.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not seeing much to support, but a small nuke of unknown origin might get China's attention. Maybe a message delivered on behalf of HK by parties unknown?
View Quote
China’s attention?  That’s not a greeting card and flowers.  If someone is trying to get their attention with nukes...they won’t respond kindly.  Nor will the rest of the world.  Nukes are for leveling cities (or, rather, making sure no one levels your cities because you’ll glass theirs).  States know this won’t end well if they try using nukes to get attention, and non state actors...would end up very, very dead.  Only thing that would unite most of the Nuclear club would be that jazz.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Come on guys.  2 pages to cue this one up?  Slacking...
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There's no “butt load of radiation”. The map peddled by Hal Turner lists background levels. Also, it includes offline sensors with data from 2018!

Background radiation varies by a factor of 1000 on Earth (and more typically within one order of magnitude), so you have to look at trends to spot anything unusual. For a nuclear detonation, you would need confirmation by isotope sampling.

If you use correct settings for the uRADMonitor site (days 20 and 21st November 2019 and disable offline sensors), you get stable graphs with nothing unusual. It's a hoax.

https://i.imgur.com/4LyI5o9.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What else would be a 10-20 kt detonation with a butt load of radiation in teh middle of the South China Sea?

https://i.imgur.com/4LyI5o9.png
So,

3.6 Roentgens?

Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
USGS updates every 30 mins.

Looks like an earthquake to my unscientific mind.

Philippines
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173501/Philippines_png-1168470.JPG
View Quote
Clearly an earthquake waveform, and a quick search shows a 6.1 near the Laos/Thailand border at that time.

Japan has a really neat 100-trace seismogram display... Note the 23:50 UTC time stamp of the earthquake, and the +9 JST time zone on the image.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#50]
In.

sounds bigger than the typical NK bomb
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top