Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
looks like the driver's wrist is bleeding at 3:29
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got pulled over for doing “92” in a 65 in my 93 Mazda. As the cop was screaming at me and threatening to arrest me and impound my car all I could think was how the day before I was doing 160 down that exact same strip of highway. Ticket ended up being $350. But really those eco boost or v6 mustangs must be really slow, 120 isn’t much.
View Quote

The SN197 V6s were limited to like 140, removing the speed limiter would wind up with 2 piece drive shaft exploding above 150mph which they could do easy.

S550 Ecoboost should pull 140-150 with ease but not sure of they are limited by ECU or by drag.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
That's rookie numbers
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was a rookie, I had a grizzled old Sgt. tell me "You either take action or you give them the lecture, dont do both."

I have mostly kept to that.  

Sure, you have to explain yourself and sometimes throw out a "what were you thinking?"   And yes, sometimes they insist on saying dumb shit so you have to give them the lecture.

But you either stroke the ticket, put on the cuffs or give them the lecture.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, that guy needs to change his name to Deputy Douchebag.  Shut the hell up and just do your job.

Speed limits are generally too low, IMO.  For the stretch of road visible in the video, looks like 50 is waaaay too low, but you can't see where they came from, which was probably a ways back at 120mph.

People going to jail for 20 over is ridiculous and shouldn't happen, but I'm not going to get outraged over someone going to jail for 120 on that road.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I was a rookie, I had a grizzled old Sgt. tell me "You either take action or you give them the lecture, dont do both."

I have mostly kept to that.  

Sure, you have to explain yourself and sometimes throw out a "what were you thinking?"   And yes, sometimes they insist on saying dumb shit so you have to give them the lecutre.

But you either stroke the ticket, put on the cuffs or give them the lecture.

View Quote

Exactly. Short lecture and a warning or a very short "you're getting a ticket and this is why".

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]

I think I might be ok with speed limits being more like speed suggestions, but if you are involved in an accident, and you are going faster than the “suggestion” you have a greater chance of liability.

Might be a bad idea, but it just came to me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think I might be ok with speed limits being more like speed suggestions, but if you are involved in an accident, and you are going faster than the “suggestion” you have a greater chance of liability.

Might be a bad idea, but it just came to me.
View Quote

The data shows that sober people speeding under normal conditions do not cause that many more accidents. But the data does show that they do make them a lot worse.

For the record, I am not talking about people fleeing from a chase or the guy weaving in and out of traffic at double the speed limit or folks racing…

Simply put, speeding doesn’t cause a big increase in crashes but it does make a crash a lot worse.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
120 in a modern car isnt even that big a deal. in a 50 zone is a little bit much but it depends on conditions.
View Quote

The difference in 50 and 120 to zero impacts are that big of a deal. To deny it is delusional.

Most speed "limits" are utter bullshit though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cop is way to full of himself.   Driver NEEDS to get a good lawyer and get this dismissed.
View Quote

Username checks out. I say that out of bike appreciation. Nice. 120 is like what, 2nd gear? Lol!
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Escargot my car go 160 swiftly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Fridays With Frank 90: The Dumbest Thing
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The people driving below the speed limit are more dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
That cop seems like the type that likes to eat all the blue M&Ms if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:42:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Back when the national speed limit was 55 sure. Especially in rural areas of the interstate. I got a speeding ticket on a newly opened part of the interstate when there was a 55 mph limit. When you got on the sign said next exit/services 40 miles away. Lucky for me judge threw it out and said he had been there and no way he was going to go 55mph.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:46:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:00:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure I did that today.

And you think that gets you GD street cred bragging about driving 70 over the limit?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174335/7A4DE227-D084-4B95-99A3-D563A38A18D6-2556164.jpg

Lmao!
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I see I didn't get in before the ARF crowd who think that speed in a 50 is left lane camping.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Guy should have told him spare me the lecture, shut the fuck up, and just take me to jail.  I’ve got nothing to say to you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#20]
My biggest ticket was 100 over.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I got reckless driving for doing 11 over in VA.

I asked about it in the VA forum and had several cops show up to act like I had disrespected their state lol. One even said they knew the judge and I should be careful questioning their stupid laws, which was changed a couple of years later because it was so stupid.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is that the cop that’s been fired from multiple departments?
View Quote

And on the Brady list?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL.  

I can tell you one thing.  One of these pieces of shit hits my wife or kid because "no rules amirite" we'll see about that.  

We're fucked.  I can't believe people on this site believe some of things they say.
View Quote

And you think "you'll see about that"

I bet your a road rage guy,  spouting threats like that about someone's idea.

Yes we have a prob but it's not what you think
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My biggest ticket was 100 over.
View Quote

99 over. It was a spicy ticket.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LOL.  

I can tell you one thing.  One of these pieces of shit hits my wife or kid because "no rules amirite" we'll see about that.  

We're fucked.  I can't believe people on this site believe some of things they say.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#27]
121 in a 50mph zone on a two lane road with moderate traffic?  Good arrest
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#28]
shitbags gonna shitbag.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just saying it makes it so.  Fucking GD...

You don't think that perhaps speed limits might be a way to inhibit retards from doing whatever they feel is ok and protect innocent people?  Sort of like why we have prisons.  If there are no rules then we rapidly devolve into fucking anarchy and chaos?  

I forget this is arfcom and the anticop schtick is the coolest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would it be?  It's true.

You don't think that perhaps speed limits might be a way to inhibit retards from doing whatever they feel is ok and protect innocent people?  Sort of like why we have prisons.  If there are no rules then we rapidly devolve into fucking anarchy and chaos?  

Embarrassing
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He sounds like a drama llama with all the lecturing for the camera.
View Quote

Your assumption is correct.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#31]
In 1994 a cop pulled me over going a 125 in a 50, on my cbr.  He asked what my problem was, I said I was upset over the ending of a 5 year relationship.  He looked at me and said slow it down and walked away.  Never asked for anything, Iam guessing he was in the same boat.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
 Sort of like getting arrested for felony speeding.  

View Quote

How is it a crime let alone a felony when there isn't a victim?
No victim, no crime.

Make the punishment when there is a victim harsh.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh bullshit.  

I hope this is sarcasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Limits serve only to generate revenue for the state.

Oh bullshit.  

I hope this is sarcasm.

That is why I drive 100 in school zones.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would it be?  It's true.

Reasonableness is not allowed. Every opinion must be one extreme or the other.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Rookie numbers.

205 in a 55 allegedly.
View Quote

Came to post that meme.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I got pulled over for doing “92” in a 65 in my 93 Mazda. As the cop was screaming at me and threatening to arrest me and impound my car all I could think was how the day before I was doing 160 down that exact same strip of highway. Ticket ended up being $350. But really those eco boost or v6 mustangs must be really slow, 120 isn’t much.
View Quote

No, you weren't.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In 1994 a cop pulled me over going a 125 in a 50, on my cbr.  He asked what my problem was, I said I was upset over the ending of a 5 year relationship.  He looked at me and said slow it down and walked away.  Never asked for anything, Iam guessing he was in the same boat.
View Quote

If you were driving dangerously because you were emotionally upset, that is way worse than a regular idiot who just likes to drive fast.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you were driving dangerously because you were emotionally upset, that is way worse than a regular idiot who just likes to drive fast.
View Quote

he was playing some somber synthwave music during his reflection on what went wrong montage so its all good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Going 70 MPH over...

Bunch of GD: Hell yea, America, freedom

The same people when someone going 70 MPH over hits and either kills or mutilates someone they care about: Hang that SOB, screw that reckless bastard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#40]
At that speed, permanent loss of driving privileges in every state and territory.  Plus a fine of $1,000 for every mph over the speed limit.  If not able to pay the fine then 1 month in jail for every $1,000 in fines not paid.  Double that if DWI.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

he was playing some somber synthwave music during his reflection on what went wrong montage so its all good.
View Quote

Pretty much, I was really good at fucking up my life in my early 20s, no one to blame but myself thats for sure.  I lived a wild, stupid  lifestyle until my late 20s.  Now a boring 55 year old. still ride a sport bike, maybe hit a 90 here and there, for a second on a long straight country road.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#42]
they should have taken his vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LOL.  

View Quote

Let me guess…you never speed and  probably camp in the left lane cause you’re doing the limit
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Let me guess…you never speed and  probably camp in the left lane cause you’re doing the limit
View Quote

Pinal County SO, the agency in this video, also releases YouTube video of stops on left lane campers for not staying right when not passing. That also makes GD mad.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Drivers like that ought to get to watch their car being run through a shredder.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You don't think that perhaps speed limits might be a way to inhibit retards from doing whatever they feel is ok and protect innocent people?
View Quote

Have you been on a highway lately?

Retards are already doing all manner of stupid shit that puts their life and the lives of others in mortal danger on a regular goddamn basis. And only on the most rare occasions do they get stopped for doing that stupid shit.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I got reckless driving for doing 11 over in VA.

I asked about it in the VA forum and had several cops show up to act like I had disrespected their state lol. One even said they knew the judge and I should be careful questioning their stupid laws, which was changed a couple of years later because it was so stupid.
View Quote

Virginia has some of the worst dickheaded speed enforcement in the country.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I got off with a warning for doing something similar on my CBX. Empty highway on my way to work, crested a small hill and a cop was coming the other way and lit me up before passing by me.
Having driven that stretch of road every day for work, if you see one police car you knew there was another one not far behind it, so I immediately pulled over. Had my helmet off and license and registration out before the cop caught up to me.
He walked up to me and the first thing he said was the reason he was letting me go is because I realized my mistake and was ready to own it. He had me at 220kph on his radar. He gave me a rash of shit and took his time doing so, but he did let me go.
I never did much over the speed limit on that road again.

Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cop is a fairy.  Back in '68 when I got back from Nam the boys all were doing 120+.  Cars and speed is about as American as it gets.  

Write the ticket and book em and stop the carrying on.  It's illegal, but it's not unusual behavior. You'd think this cop is stopping a sodomy session behind a five and dime.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I guess I need to be the one to ask. What is Brady Listed?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top