Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Russian_Shill "study" also says All American's should come over to Russian side, because Russian Cheerleaders all look like her...

Somehow they turn out to look like...

LOL When someone tries to make a serious discussion of any serious subject and then goes on try to use ... Alex Jones ... to back up their claims...

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I think your memory is faded, son.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck the Ukraine right their blue and yellow buttholes. When's biden dropping another 3/4 billion off over there?
View Quote

Cry about it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No.  

View Quote

You failed to read the paper? That metric has been applied to self declared bots.  You know shit like regional air raid warnings twitted and telegrammed with anti putin has tags attached.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Alex Jones, lol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This might help explain things.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/11/06/the-unigovernment/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This might help explain things.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/11/06/the-unigovernment/

Yes.  Some important thoughts:
Governments of the world, be they communist or fascist or even nominally democratic, all agree about one thing—they agree that people are dangerous. Our lives need to be run and controlled. And they are the boys for the job. Governments agree on so much, they may even agree it can be mutually beneficial to go to war with each other from time to time. There’s nothing that transfers power and wealth from people to governments so quickly and efficiently as a nice little war.

So when you look at a thoroughly confusing global situation and have trouble understanding which country benefits from insanities like the war in Ukraine, it’s because you’re asking the wrong question: You imagine that, just because countries seem to be on opposite sides of the political spectrum, or even on opposite sides of a military conflict, that those governments must be fighting against one another. In reality, those governments are fighting together against you: Stealing your life and your labor and your money to pay their own way.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes.  Some important thoughts:
View Quote

Russia is fighting to rob people blind and control them

US is helping because we dont want to deal with a war on 4 fronts between Russia, China, North Korea and Iran.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You failed to read the paper? That metric has been applied to self declared bots.  You know shit like regional air raid warnings twitted and telegrammed with anti putin has tags attached.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I did read the paper.  

It specifically looked at several types of bots:
corresponding to six distinct sub-types: AstroTurf, Fake Follower, Financial, Self Declared, Spammer and Other.

This highlights that pro-Ukrainian accounts may be utilising more Astroturfing in their information warfare, whereas pro-Russian accounts may be utilising more Self-Declared bots.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
#fakenews
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think your memory is faded, son.
View Quote

@fadedsun

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The same group at the front of grifting for ukraine pepper prepped the ground for years with the "muh russia russia russia bots" mantra.

OP is just a russia bot, projection isn't real
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I did read the paper.  

View Quote

Is this a language barrier thing do you want me to explain this to you in English?
They only applied "primarily English" metric to self declared bots. These are also the smallest size proportionally.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is this a language barrier thing do you want me to explain this to you in English?
They only applied "primarily English" metric to self declared bots. These are also the smallest size proportionally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did read the paper.  

No where in the paper does it describe "primarily English"

It does say:
It is therefore more likely that the intention of these accounts was to drive more disruption in English-speaking countries.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The paper clearly demonstrates that the much hyped "russian online disinfo" is actually a paper tiger.

However the massive army of Ukraine-bro bots demonstrate major preparation in advance for the War in Ukraine in the US.

View Quote

Yeah, I doubt most people realize that the "Russian interference" in the 2016 election was actually just some Russian dudes that bought around $20,000 worth of Facebook adds.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quite a few members here support Ukraine with a seemingly rabid fervor.

If we were still in the ‘80s I’d be right there with them.

We’re not in the ‘80s, but we are in “The Great Reset”.  <——- THIS IS REAL

Klause Schwab
George Soros
The World Economic Forum
Plus lots of other bad actors
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All support Ukraine for a reason that has nothing to do with defending freedom and democracy.
View Quote

This is correct.
Just as the 'Marshall Plan' was implemented after WWII to 'rebuild' the world through economic policy in the image that certain leaders envisioned.... we now have the WEF and its desciples initiating 'the great reset'...... which involves de-constructing the global economy so they can bebuild it as they envision.
The difference is that WWII did the 'de-construction' for them before. This time, they needed a little help with 'de-construction'.... which Ukraine, the pandemic, and world-wide social unrest has helped with.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoting from the academic paper:

So yes, yes it did have an effect on Twitter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any one here actually effected or influenced by anything they see on twitter???

To me, twitter is too look at shout outs from a few actors and musicians I like, look at announcements from makers of products I like and maybe look at Thirst traps (boobie pics) from chicks that are trying to lure you to OF too look at their buthole for like 4.99 a month or whatever they charge.

You could wipe all of twitters servers and unplug the whole network and I'd be like "Oh Damn, Wow someone did it, Oh well...

I'll admidt to being the odd one here, as I'd be a bit more effected if someone shut down FB as I use it keep in contact with a lot of Shooters, Family, old friends that have moved, peeps I went to school with, used to work with and mostly FB groups about Hobby topics like Shooting, Custom C10 Trucks, suspensions, Car Audio and shit like that... I would miss the groups I'm in more than anything else on FB.

We find that bot activity drives an increase in conversations surrounding angst (with p = 2.450 x 1e-4) as well as those surrounding work/governance (with p = 3.803 x 1e-18). Bot activity also shows a significant relationship with non-bot sentiment (with p = 3.76 x 1e-4), where we find the relationship holds in both directions. This work extends and combines existing techniques to quantify how bots are influencing people in the online conversation around the Russia/Ukraine invasion. It opens up avenues for researchers to understand quantitatively how these malicious campaigns operate, and what makes them impactful.

You do realize that those are p-values for correlations (and granger causality tests do not actually establish true causality), and the paper directly asserts that they cannot tell if the bots affected sentiment or if they were just echoing sentiment, right?

"Since effects cannot occur simultaneously, we consider the lagged effect of bot activity on non-bot com-pound sentiment, finding a positive cross correlation for both positive and negative lags (Figure 5). This shows that bot activity increases when sentiment increases, but also that sentiment increases with increases in bot activity. Figure 5 indicates that the relationship between sentiment and bot activity is complicated, with marked events driving spikes in the compound sentiment of not-‘bot-like’ accounts. There are also spikes in the mean compound sentiment of other account lean types, which may be due to events which we did not consider in our analysis. This indicates that there may not be an overall effect on the non-bot compound sentiment due to bot activity, although this relationship may exist on
an individual account level."

At least read the paper before bashing people with it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL, some of you guys seem to know more than Elon about Twitter bots:

Twitter's unending fight against spam accounts is now a problem for new owner Elon Musk, who pledged in April to defeat the bot scourge or "die trying!"

He later cited bots as a reason to back out of buying the social platform...It's also important in the effort to stop bad actors from amassing an army of accounts to amplify misinformation or harass political adversaries.
View Quote

The analysis firm CounterAction, which worked with Ferrara, said it concluded in a July 18 report submitted to the court that Twitter's spam rate for monetizable accounts — those of value to advertisers — was at least 10% and could be as high as 14.2%, depending on how the rate is measured..."We expect that access to the withheld data would reveal an even higher true spam rate," Davis said in a prepared statement.
View Quote

There's lots of bots out there... and now we have a good idea how many of the Ukraine-bros are bots.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LOL, some of you guys seem to know more than Elon about Twitter bots:

Twitter's unending fight against spam accounts is now a problem for new owner Elon Musk, who pledged in April to defeat the bot scourge or "die trying!"

There's lots of bots out there... and now we have a good idea how many of the Ukraine-bros are bots.
View Quote

No, now we have some idea what percentage of bots using very specific hashtags in the early days of the invasion were Ukrainian. There's really no reason to believe that sample is representative of a broader reality.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You do realize that those are p-values for correlations (and granger causality tests do not actually establish true causality), and the paper directly asserts that they cannot tell if the bots affected sentiment or if they were just echoing sentiment, right?

"Since effects cannot occur simultaneously, we consider the lagged effect of bot activity on non-bot com-pound sentiment, finding a positive cross correlation for both positive and negative lags (Figure 5). This shows that bot activity increases when sentiment increases, but also that sentiment increases with increases in bot activity. Figure 5 indicates that the relationship between sentiment and bot activity is complicated, with marked events driving spikes in the compound sentiment of not-‘bot-like’ accounts. There are also spikes in the mean compound sentiment of other account lean types, which may be due to events which we did not consider in our analysis. This indicates that there may not be an overall effect on the non-bot compound sentiment due to bot activity, although this relationship may exist on

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any one here actually effected or influenced by anything they see on twitter???

To me, twitter is too look at shout outs from a few actors and musicians I like, look at announcements from makers of products I like and maybe look at Thirst traps (boobie pics) from chicks that are trying to lure you to OF too look at their buthole for like 4.99 a month or whatever they charge.

You could wipe all of twitters servers and unplug the whole network and I'd be like "Oh Damn, Wow someone did it, Oh well...

I'll admidt to being the odd one here, as I'd be a bit more effected if someone shut down FB as I use it keep in contact with a lot of Shooters, Family, old friends that have moved, peeps I went to school with, used to work with and mostly FB groups about Hobby topics like Shooting, Custom C10 Trucks, suspensions, Car Audio and shit like that... I would miss the groups I'm in more than anything else on FB.

We find that bot activity drives an increase in conversations surrounding angst (with p = 2.450 x 1e-4) as well as those surrounding work/governance (with p = 3.803 x 1e-18). Bot activity also shows a significant relationship with non-bot sentiment (with p = 3.76 x 1e-4), where we find the relationship holds in both directions. This work extends and combines existing techniques to quantify how bots are influencing people in the online conversation around the Russia/Ukraine invasion. It opens up avenues for researchers to understand quantitatively how these malicious campaigns operate, and what makes them impactful.

Again, I did read it:

To understand how bot-like accounts influence non-bot like accounts across all national lean types, we consider non-bot sentiment, measured using a weighted compound sentiment score. By weighting this by the overall bot probability, this compound sentiment reflects the overall sentiment of non-bot-like accounts across the network.  The relationship between this sentiment and the bot activity is significant but occurs in both directions, with sentiment and bot activity both impacting each other.

The report does not even use the word "echo".  

Did you read it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Math. How does it work?
or
People don’t think statistics be like it is, but it do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didnt know I was a bot

huh? Now I have to rethink my existance!

Math. How does it work?
or
People don’t think statistics be like it is, but it do

Thats the sign of a bot huh?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who did it?  Who is the target?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Who did it?  Who is the target?

Origins of Twitter Bot Accounts

The researchers report that the overwhelming level of Twitter disinformation that was anti-Russian was from bots “likely [organised] by pro-Ukrainian authorities.”

The researchers asserted no further findings about the origin of the 5 million tweets, but did find that some bots “are pushing campaigns specific to certain countries [unnamed], and hence sharing content aligned with those timezones.” The data does show that the peak time for a selection of pro-Ukrainian bot activity occurred between 6pm and 9pm across U.S. time zones.

Some indication of the origin and the targeting of the messages could be deduced from the specific languages used in the 5 million tweets. Over 3.5 million tweets, or 67 percent, were in the English language, with fewer that 2 percent in Russian and Ukrainian.

In May 2022, the National Security Agency (NSA) director and U.S. cyber command chief, General Paul Nakasone, revealed that the Cyber Command had been conducting offensive Information Operations in support of Ukraine.

“We’ve conducted a series of operations across the full spectrum: offensive, defensive, [and] information operations,” Nakasone said.

So the ukes are the nigerian prince’s? Fleecing old senile America?(Fbiden)
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The same group at the front of grifting for ukraine pepper prepped the ground for years with the "muh russia russia russia bots" mantra.

OP is just a russia bot, projection isn't real
View Quote

Did you just come out of a coma, or are you posting from a parrallel universe where Ukraine invaded Russia and not vice versa?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm not convinced that bot armies actually influence public opinion, so I'm also not convinced that that's their purpose.

They do seem to successfully make it harder to effectively gauge public opinion, and to monitor who thinks what.
View Quote

Yeah, not sure how repeating Trump is racist and hates America gets so much traction… he must just show it huh?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Then there must be a metric fuck-ton of bots because there are a lot of actual human american ukraine-bros. Some of them actually picked up a rifle and went into a war for ukraine as opposed to just posting shit on twitter.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Then there must be a metric fuck-ton of bots because there are a lot of actual human american ukraine-bros. Some of them actually picked up a rifle and went into a war for ukraine as opposed to just posting shit on twitter.
View Quote

US veteran who volunteered to fight for Ukraine describes ‘suicide mission’

It's a trap
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Emotional emotions emoting.

People with low self esteem always looking for some virtuous cause to signal support for, to make themselves feel better.

They are always duped, but they need the short term relief of their own misery. So they line up to be duped again and again and again.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Information War is active and the first casualty of war is always the troof.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Information War is active and the first casualty of war is always the troof.
View Quote
Which doesn't mean "there ain't no troof so I believe nothing".
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

People with low self esteem always looking for some virtuous cause to signal support for, to make themselves feel better.

They are always duped, but they need the short term relief of their own misery. So they line up to be duped again and again and again.

View Quote

Agreed. All those weirdos that actually think Putin is fighting some kind of holy war are truly pathetic. But what can ya do. The good news is that we are helping the correct side fight off these invaders, and we ain't stopping until the job is done.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How's that "In Just Three Days  We Parade Through Kiev" masterplan working out?

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/621cf94537e8717061a49af3/4:3/w_2559,h_1919,c_limit/Boro-Worried-Putin.jpg

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cool story, Russian_Shill

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/621cf94537e8717061a49af3/4:3/w_2559,h_1919,c_limit/Boro-Worried-Putin.jpg

Bigger_Hammer

To be fair, your avatar sorta looks like a medieval robot.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Russian_Shill "study" also says All American's should come over to Russian side, because Russian Cheerleaders all look like her...

https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/179eb6694a17e0a85e08fd131003c700.jpg

Somehow they turn out to look like...

https://i.imgflip.com/2gla5j.jpg

https://assets.medpagetoday.net/media/images/97xxx/97385.jpg

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5874192bee23284912086649/1:1/w_960,h_960,c_limit/vladimir-putin-evil.jpg

https://abuwjaawap.cloudimg.io/v7/_lgbtqnation-assets_/assets/2019/03/real-angry-alex-jones.jpeg?&auto=format&auto=compress&crop=faces&fit=crop&gravity=face&w=790&h=530

LOL When someone tries to make a serious discussion of any serious subject and then goes on try to use ... Alex Jones ... to back up their claims...

Bigger_Hammer

View Quote

Most Slav women turn into the second pic.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Quoted:
To be fair, your avatar sorta looks like a medieval robot.

View Quote

LOL.    Being an "Iron Man" or "Man of Steel" wasn't just some 20st Century Comic Book Thing.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed. All those weirdos that actually think Putin is fighting some kind of holy war are truly pathetic. But what can ya do. The good news is that we are helping the correct side fight off these invaders, and we ain't stopping until the job is done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You arent fighting anyone and unless there is a mouse in your pocket I am not sure who "we" is.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#35]
All those who disssssagree with me are bots.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Information as a Weapon (1999)

The concept of information warfare (IW) continues to gain visibility within political and military arenas in the United States....The study investigates whether information as a weapon can achieve the purposes of war. Specifically, can the use of the “information weapon” diminish an adversary’s will and capacity to fight. The results indicate that while information may be considered a weapon, it is one that must be used with caution...Unlike other, more conventional, weapons, the effects of the information weapon are not necessarily predictable because it often targets the human mind and emotions.
View Quote

A third implication that civilian and military leaders must seriously consider is the legality of information warfare.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol, this research is just a comparison of two hashtags: #IStandWithPutin vs #IStandWithUkraine. Bots or no bots, there's no conceivable way that a majority of the world would tweet in support of Putin vs the country he invaded, lol.

With that said, I want to give the Putinheads some space and offer my congratulations. This analysis of twitter hash tags seems like a big deal for you guys, so please enjoy this victory lap during this anti-Ukraine crusade. I know that articles from off-brand no-name news sources like, umm, Consortium News, means a lot to you all. Congrats again! Now, back to the real world...
View Quote

No, it isn't a comparison of two hastags, those tags were used to select tweets for the dataset.

As for Consortium News, which is rather more legitimate than you imply, here's the article from the University of Adelaide newsroom with a link to the actual research paper.

https://www.adelaide.edu.au/newsroom/news/list/2022/09/08/bots-manipulate-public-opinion-in-russia-ukraine-conflict
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top