Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of this thread brings back good memories but I'm in that weird age group where my younger brother was into most of the stuff here but I'm still a millennial.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man I want to microwave some bagel bites, pop an Ecto cooler, and watch Are You Afraid of the Dark right now.
View Quote

The entire series is out there to download. Watched every episode a few months back. Good times.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A lot of this thread brings back good memories but I'm in that weird age group where my younger brother was into most of the stuff here but I'm still a millennial.
View Quote

I was born in 81 so some of the stuff is right up my alley however things like pogs weren’t my jam. By the time I was 9-10 I was done playing with toys and had moved on too .22s and shotguns slaying anything that flew or walked around the orchard.   We also didn’t have cable so Nickelodeon and Disney shows were not a thing. I did watch rocos modern life, Johnny bravo, ren and stimpy, shows like that when I was in college and enjoyed altered states of mind.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I was watching are you afraid of the dark with my kids last night on paramount. We were watching the zeebo the clown one, my eight year old came in my bedroom at like 4 am last night freaked out zeebo was laughing in the closet
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wanted one of these so bad. Had a Genesis and many a games bought from the local thrift store.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Sega-Game-Gear-WB.png/1200px-Sega-Game-Gear-WB.png
View Quote

I just found two of these in a box of stuff that was at my parents house. They power on but nothing on the screen. Haven't had time to open them up and look around.

I still have a Genesis in my basement and an Atari 2600 in my bedroom which is also not working right now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The entire series is out there to download. Watched every episode a few months back. Good times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man I want to microwave some bagel bites, pop an Ecto cooler, and watch Are You Afraid of the Dark right now.

Paramount+ has all the good ole Nick shows. Salute your shorts, Hey dude, hey arnold, Are you afraid of the dark, Roccos modern life. I think Disney has tail spin, Dark wing duck, Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish I could remember the show on (I think PBS) where you had to make it through some crazy obstacle course and part of it you were walking through blind.

Also, Wishbone and Reading Rainbow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Late 70's and 80's was my childhood, but the 90's was my High School and college.

This thread is Gen X approved because a lot of us had younger brothers who watched Talespin, splurged on a N64, and had their Super Soakers ruined because I filled them with gasoline.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
As an elder millennial I approve this thread. I'd prefer the Gen Y moniker, but the world doesn't seem to agree with me on that one. I feel like I had a gen x / gen Y experience. I feel very privileged that I got to live the old school and the new school growing up.

The Husky Mudslinger.... man I totally forgot about that bike. Man that was a long time ago. The OG super soakers..... god they fun.  We used to fart into the bottles.....lol. Such a prick move.

I was on highschool when golden eye was king. Man, Doom was fun too. Remember Dark Forces? What a great PC game.

This thread made my day. The only thing missing in this thread is the cool models we used to buy and paint, and maybe a vector or SR71 poster.

I was a freshmen in college during 9/11. Who knew then, but that day we left the world as we knew it behind..... some things are definitely better now. Some just aren't.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As an elder millennial I approve this thread. I'd prefer the Gen Y moniker, but the world doesn't seem to agree with me on that one. I feel like I had a gen x / gen Y experience. I feel very privileged that I got to live the old school and the new school growing up.

The Husky Mudslinger.... man I totally forgot about that bike. Man that was a long time ago. The OG super soakers..... god they fun.  We used to fart into the bottles.....lol. Such a prick move.

I was on highschool when golden eye was king. Man, Doom was fun too. Remember Dark Forces? What a great PC game.

This thread made my day. The only thing missing in this thread is the cool models we used to buy and paint, and maybe a vector or SR71 poster.

I was a freshmen in college during 9/11. Who knew then, but that day we left the world as we knew it behind..... some things are definitely better now. Some just aren't.

View Quote

'82 here. Remember just about all of it, except the TV shows, didnt watch a lot of TV. Oregon Trail generation FTW!

And yeah, fuck 9/11, just all of it right to hell.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]

I see Batman and raise you

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Of all the great things in this thread....I think I miss Radio Shack the most.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/395198/IMG_2475_jpeg-2957882.JPG

Me and my son were just driving this today. Could never have afforded it new. Good times!
View Quote

Oh man now it’s getting dusty in here.  My dad, brother, and me ran the wheels off that thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL. This thread is awesome.
I was awoken by my 7 and 9 yo singing this as loud as they could while watching the show.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL. This thread is awesome.
I was awoken by my 7 and 9 yo singing this as loud as they could while watching the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojx9BDpJks
View Quote

All the ninja turtle arcade games were on sale in a package for nintendo switch. It was a lot of fun. It's still available I'm sure, but the sale was really cheap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Is that the one with the story about the girl whose head was held on by a ribbon?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Did y'all play paintball?

I had one of these bad boys. We used to just shoot everything. Like every stop sign in the neighborhood was painted up.

We figured out the M80 firecrackers fit perfectly in the barrel so we would light them and drop them down the barrel like a mortar.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I had a pretty big POG collection. I don't know if anyone remembers the Apollo 13 Saturn V POG holder Hardee's gave away back when POG was all the rage, but I had one.

Looked like this:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128054/1000001884_jpg-2957815.JPG
View Quote

I had one of those.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I had one of these bad boys. We used to just shoot everything. Like every stop sign in the neighborhood was painted up.

We figured out the M80 firecrackers fit perfectly in the barrel so we would light them and drop them down the barrel like a mortar.

http://i.imgur.com/vFLsGKRl.jpg
View Quote

Fuck yes I played paintball. I was on a 5 man team.

99 autococker then switched to a shocker then nasty imp
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I just found two of these in a box of stuff that was at my parents house. They power on but nothing on the screen. Haven't had time to open them up and look around.

I still have a Genesis in my basement and an Atari 2600 in my bedroom which is also not working right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted one of these so bad. Had a Genesis and many a games bought from the local thrift store.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Sega-Game-Gear-WB.png/1200px-Sega-Game-Gear-WB.png

See my earlier post. Capacitor leakage is very common with Game Gears. There are shops that will repair them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. There were squirrels in my neighborhood with big orange spots. It was hilarious.

Tippmann makes an AR22. I keep wanting to buy one just for the rollmark.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Born in 85. Love this thread. Anybody else subjected to this nasty shit in school?

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Born in 85. Love this thread. Anybody else subjected to this nasty shit in school?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/70/cd/d070cd2f25e3831e48222d2fd2d189e0.png
View Quote

What the fuck is that?

It's look like something we'd take for catfish bait
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What the fuck is that?

It's look like something we'd take for catfish bait
View Quote

Kindergarten we had regular carton milk, 1st-5th we got this bagged shit. Was gross as fuck and would leak all over your tray.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/70/cd/d070cd2f25e3831e48222d2fd2d189e0.png
View Quote

I didn't go to school in Canada.

Remember these? I don't remember them being Minute Maid, but either way...
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I was 9 years old in 1991, I remember watching Ren & Stimpy, and then Beavis a Butthead started in 93!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I didn't go to school in Canada.

Remember these? I don't remember them being Minute Maid, but either way...
https://i.imgur.com/0H7RR2r.jpg
View Quote

Bummed fucked Indiana in 1992

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#35]
ABC "After These Messages, We'll Be Right Back!" Commercial Bumpers HD
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Monster Ballads Hit Collection Commercial
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I always liked "Oregon Trail Generation".

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone ever watch the game show Video Power? The final round was a kid with a Velcro suit sticking as many games to them as they could hold them sliding down a tube ftw.

Video Power
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#39]

The smell of freshly released tire air still makes me start looking for Artie.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah man, unfortunately these days three books and a couple of crappy toys cost my 8 year old about $45.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I remember when Surge came out. We would skate 2mi to the 7-11 with a group of other 13yr olds and buy a Double Gulp of Surge, then drink all 64oz before making it back home.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The smell of freshly released tire air still makes me start looking for Artie.
View Quote

I'll never forget when he tried to beat up the ocean
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is that the one with the story about the girl whose head was held on by a ribbon?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the one I remember.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#45]

I loved all those old nick shows
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#46]

I would love it if they brought this stuff back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I remember when Surge came out. We would skate 2mi to the 7-11 with a group of other 13yr olds and buy a Double Gulp of Surge, then drink all 64oz before making it back home.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68732/hqdefault_jpg-2958543.JPG
View Quote

I remember the vending machine having Surge t shirts rolled up the size of a can. It was like the lottery to get one randomly placed in the machine.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea it was bbgun/wrist rocket wars until we found some paintball guns.  Good times
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top