Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 315
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Yep, that's a fact. Down here, there were all kinds of canned good shortages. Canned fruit, veggie, and meat shelves were empty with signs limiting quantities. At least that made some sense since people and families that would normally eat out (or the kids would eat at school) suddenly had to have all their meals at home. Grocery stores weren't set up for that kind of volume demand. While there wasn't a food shortage per se, there was a huge food distribution imbalance.

Took months for that to subside. The one kind of shampoo that I use disappeared off the shelves and didn't come back for a few months. Even soda makers were rotating their manufacturing between products because they didn't have either the ingredients or packaging to keep them all stocked at the same time.

We don't really have to guess as to how an actual food shortage would play out since we've seen the results of the equivalent of one within the last 2.5 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
Originally Posted By TaxPayer77:
Man, this thread is turning into another screw/support Ukraine thread. I may have to find some where else to hang out if this thread drifts any further.

On the topic of starving, look at SW FL after Ian, has it been 96 hours yet? Not a day after the storm passed and folks were out of food, prescriptions, water, oxygen, gas according to fb posts.

As sad as that is, is it that surprising? The average person who spends time on Facebook is exactly the type of person constantly mentioned here as being unaware and unprepared for any disruption. And they knew that storm was coming. Imagine what it would be like nationwide if something major happened to disrupt the just in time supply chain or infrastructure.

I don’t have to imagine. I remember in spring of 2020, when the Covid panic was first getting going, there were problems with a shortage of truckers for some reason that caused serious supply issues for grocery stores. That in turn led to the great toilet paper panic of ‘02.

ETA:  I see planemaker already addressed this.

I had problems getting my favorite Mrs. Baird’s Honey Wheat bread until I narrowed down the delivery time and restocking of the shelves back then.  Yep, I saw more than just toilet paper shortages during that period.

Yep, that's a fact. Down here, there were all kinds of canned good shortages. Canned fruit, veggie, and meat shelves were empty with signs limiting quantities. At least that made some sense since people and families that would normally eat out (or the kids would eat at school) suddenly had to have all their meals at home. Grocery stores weren't set up for that kind of volume demand. While there wasn't a food shortage per se, there was a huge food distribution imbalance.

Took months for that to subside. The one kind of shampoo that I use disappeared off the shelves and didn't come back for a few months. Even soda makers were rotating their manufacturing between products because they didn't have either the ingredients or packaging to keep them all stocked at the same time.

We don't really have to guess as to how an actual food shortage would play out since we've seen the results of the equivalent of one within the last 2.5 years.

I still see certain types/brands of soft drinks completely gone from the shelves.  

I think I saw where the the ability around the world to made carbonation was in short supply because of the factories shutting down in Germany.  Not sure though.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Serious question, was there flour and yeast left?

During the Icepocalypse in Texas last year I remember my wife having everything ready to go when the power would come on to get to baking, I think it was therapeutic for her. It makes me wonder if we're so far gone as a culture that the ability to cook from scratch is mostly gone.
View All Quotes
Man, this thread is turning into another screw/support Ukraine thread. I may have to find some where else to hang out if this thread drifts any further.

On the topic of starving, look at SW FL after Ian, has it been 96 hours yet? Not a day after the storm passed and folks were out of food, prescriptions, water, oxygen, gas according to fb posts.

As sad as that is, is it that surprising? The average person who spends time on Facebook is exactly the type of person constantly mentioned here as being unaware and unprepared for any disruption. And they knew that storm was coming. Imagine what it would be like nationwide if something major happened to disrupt the just in time supply chain or infrastructure.

Same thing with ice and snow storms.  On one of my trips to Walmart for cat food this past winter, a lady I ran into in the cat food aisle said there was no bread at all in the whole store.  This is a very large Walmart, too.  

It's not that I didn't believe her because I absolutely did.  I just had to go see the completely empty shelves for myself.

During the Icepocalypse in Texas last year I remember my wife having everything ready to go when the power would come on to get to baking, I think it was therapeutic for her. It makes me wonder if we're so far gone as a culture that the ability to cook from scratch is mostly gone.

Don’t know since I didn’t check on flour and yeast.  

As already mentioned, COVID did teach us to have multiple sources for products.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it’s still a challenge.

I’m still seeing notable shortages in cat food & kitty litter.  If food shortages happen worldwide, I could easily see pet food supplies being nonexistent.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Michael Yon@MichaelYon
1 hour ago
Killing Millions of Green Trees across Europe to Keep Warm
03 October 2022
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Mind burst, sans edit

Green and Globalist Policy — including their exciting war in Ukraine — their Ukrainian flags, and their Rainbow flags hanging everywhere — are destroying Europe and human life across the globe. And tree life.

Forests across large swaths of Europe are being felled at a rate that surely will make telling satellite imagery. Cold humans need the firewood.

And so they are busy cutting millions of green trees. Wood that is unready to burn. Hard to cut when green. And just not ready.

Leftist dreams are incompatible with sustainable life.

For an idea of the amount of wood needed, watch this:

Appalachian People How they Heated their Homes back in the day

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·
NEW - Blinken on Nord Stream sabotage: "A tremendous opportunity to once and for all remove the dependence on Russian energy... offers tremendous strategic opportunity for the years to come."

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109104044816660753

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
2h
·
JUST IN - Supreme Leader Khamenei blames the United States and "the Zionist regime" in Israel for the "riots" in Iran.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:44:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#6]
"2023 Will Be Year From Hell" - Martin Armstrong Warns Europe 'Could Suck The Rest Of The World Down The Tubes'

Armstrong says the plunge in the stock market last week is all because of “extreme uncertainty.” Armstrong predicted a stock market crash two months ago and contends, “It’s not over.”

Europe is in big financial trouble with Russian natural gas turned off as a retaliation from the sanctions. Armstrong explains:

“In Europe, I believe they are actually deliberately doing this, and this is Klaus Schwab’s ‘Great Reset.’

They know they have a serious problem.

They lowered rates to below 0% in 2014. They just started raising interest rates. Meanwhile, you ordered all the pension funds throughout Europe to have more than 70% in government bonds. Then they took it negative.

All the pension funds are insolvent. Europe is fiscal mismanagement on a grand scale. There is no way it can sustain itself, and we are looking at Europe breaking apart.”

So, could Europe suck the rest of the world down the tubes? Armstrong says, “Oh, absolutely. Europe is the problem..."

"The crisis in banking will start in Europe...The debt is collapsing. They have no way to sustain themselves.

The debt market over there is undermining the stability of all the banks.

You have to understand that reserves are tied to government debt, and this is the perfect storm.

Yes, the (U.S.) stock market will go down short term. We are not facing a 1929 event or a 90% fall here... Europeans, probably by January of 2023, as this crisis in Ukraine escalates, anybody with half a brain is going to take whatever money they have and get it over here.”

So, where is smart money going to go? Armstrong says, “Stocks are like gold, it is on the same side of the table and is opposite government debt..."

"People are not going to be buying government debt. They are going to be looking at anything in the private sector. . . . People are buying whatever they can to get off the grid.”

Armstrong says governments are borrowing and spend huge amounts of money. The Fed will keep raising interest rates to fight inflation, but Armstrong says,

“Raising interest rates will only make things worse. We have supply shortages, and raising rates will not fill the gaps.”

Armstrong has never been more positive on buying gold. Why? Armstrong explains,

“We are looking at a sovereign debt default. This is what’s going on. This is why Biden will spend whatever he wants because he knows he doesn’t have to pay it back. Eventually, this is what’s going to happen. This is Schwab’s agenda.”

Armstrong has predicted “2023 will be the year from Hell.”

Armstrong says, “Civil unrest will only get worse” this year, and he is predicting we will have full blown war next year.

Armstrong contends Democrats are desperate and will do things like granting illegal aliens citizenship so they can vote in the mid-term elections.

In closing, Armstrong says, “Something is going to spark a collapse in government again. It’s going to be something, I think, in Europe where they do something drastic because they have no other choice. . . . They need war as the excuse for the defaults of all the government debt.”

There is much more in the nearly 59-minute interview.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/2023-will-be-year-hell-martin-armstrong-warns-europe-could-suck-rest-world-down-tubes
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano ~ "We Must Unite To Stop the New World Order/Great Reset"

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

And it never really subsided, they were just able to catch up enough to put a thin veneer up. There are still lots of holes and almost nothing is well stocked. If we had the proverbial three days before I am not sure we have much more than one now.
View All Quotes

And it never really subsided, they were just able to catch up enough to put a thin veneer up. There are still lots of holes and almost nothing is well stocked. If we had the proverbial three days before I am not sure we have much more than one now.

Lots of folks down here do their grocery shopping starting Friday night and during the weekend. By Sunday evening, it mostly looks like a storm hit. Still plenty of produce but a lot of the staples are sold out. That's saying there's less than 3 days worth of the basics in storage at the grocery stores down here. Not sure how it is elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]

I still see certain types/brands of soft drinks completely gone from the shelves.  

I think I saw where the the ability around the world to made carbonation was in short supply because of the factories shutting down in Germany.  Not sure though.

View All Quotes

I don’t have to imagine. I remember in spring of 2020, when the Covid panic was first getting going, there were problems with a shortage of truckers for some reason that caused serious supply issues for grocery stores. That in turn led to the great toilet paper panic of ‘02.

ETA:  I see planemaker already addressed this.

I had problems getting my favorite Mrs. Baird’s Honey Wheat bread until I narrowed down the delivery time and restocking of the shelves back then.  Yep, I saw more than just toilet paper shortages during that period.

Now that you mention it, I read about some kind of CO2 shortage as well. It was in the context of a potential beer shortage. I wasn't aware that CO2 is used in commercial scale production of beer. Something about taking too long to get the bubbles into the beer via "natural" means. Strange.

It's surprising how interconnected various aspects of the supply chain are and how second and third order effects you wouldn't think about can impact things.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]

As already mentioned, COVID did teach us to have multiple sources for products.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it’s still a challenge.

I’m still seeing notable shortages in cat food & kitty litter.  If food shortages happen worldwide, I could easily see pet food supplies being nonexistent.

View All Quotes

Same thing with ice and snow storms.  On one of my trips to Walmart for cat food this past winter, a lady I ran into in the cat food aisle said there was no bread at all in the whole store.  This is a very large Walmart, too.  

It's not that I didn't believe her because I absolutely did.  I just had to go see the completely empty shelves for myself.

Down here, kitty litter isn't a problem. Dog and cat food definitely are, though, especially the canned stuff. Even kibbles are hard to come by sometimes.

One has to wonder how the critters will fare if there is a genuine food shortage.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:32:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UtahShotgunner] [#12]

Lots of folks down here do their grocery shopping starting Friday night and during the weekend. By Sunday evening, it mostly looks like a storm hit. Still plenty of produce but a lot of the staples are sold out. That's saying there's less than 3 days worth of the basics in storage at the grocery stores down here. Not sure how it is elsewhere.
View All Quotes

This is the "norm" and  has been forever.  Grocery stores are not warehouses.
I worked for nearly 15 years (80s into 90s) in grocery stores during my youth.   Big orders delivered on Friday, vendor stocking on Saturday, nothing delivered on Sunday.  
Hating life if traffic or other snafu messed up the Monday delivery.  

Empty shelves and displays starting Saturday morning(warehouse unfulfilled), getting worse until noon'ish on Monday.
And this was the era when grocery stores closed at 9pm during the week and 6pm on Sunday.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

That's interesting.  My dad told me that in Vietnam (69-70) they all carried a spoon in their pocket - "wipe it off and ready to eat whatever a wife or mother had sent to a buddy."  

He was 6'1" and about 190# when he finished training.  When he came home he weighed about 135.
View Quote

I was in the Civil Air Patrol 1985 - 1990, first as a cadet and then as a senior member. Our mentors were a mix of active duty, PA National Guard, US Army reserve, and vets who served in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. One of the things they had us do whenever we were in the field was to carry a spoon in the left breast pocket of our fatigue blouses (we wore the pickle suit since BDUs were not yet approved for CAP).
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Wow!

Yeah, it must have a military connection as well.

I posted the Michael Yon spoon story in the Garand Thumb Urban Survival thread because Garand Thumb also talked about the value of carrying a spoon with you in his video.

Later in the thread, @Dave_Markowitz (Thanks, Dave!) recommended this spoon which I quickly bought.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00J1BV01C

It's now my Official SHTF Famine Spoon.

View Quote

Welcome to the Long Titanium Spoon Master Race!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Down here, kitty litter isn't a problem. Dog and cat food definitely are, though, especially the canned stuff. Even kibbles are hard to come by sometimes.

One has to wonder how the critters will fare if there is a genuine food shortage.
View All Quotes

A genuine food shortage?  Anywhere from rare to well done.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

I've had this titanium spork at work now for several years:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AR2N76?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

My $0.02 and worth what you paid for it: Sporks like that are sub-optimal. They are passable forks but really don't work well as a spoon for eating soup. Too much fluid drains out between the tines. Pair it with a long spoon made from titanium or aluminum. You're not adding any significant bulk or weight to your kit but you gain a lot of functionality.

YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Yep, Mondays between 11am - 12pm was the time I hit my local grocery store for my Mrs. Baird’s Honey Wheat.  As I remember, off-brand white bread was usually not a problem throughout the week.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#18]

I thought this was interesting: Drink bourbon, save the whales or something

It mentions that one of the outputs of their process is a "high-quality, low-cost fertilizer".
View Quote

That's the kind of "green" effort that appears to make sense.

I remember learning about biogas from a copy of the Mother Earth News Handbook of Homemade Power  when I was in HS. With the support of one of my science teachers I actually built a small digester but for whatever reason we never got it going.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

I worked for nearly 15 years (80s into 90s) in grocery stores during my youth.   Big orders delivered on Friday, vendor stocking on Saturday, nothing delivered on Sunday.  

Empty shelves and displays starting Sunday morning, getting worse until noon'ish on Monday.
And this was the era when grocery stores closed at 9pm during the week and 6pm on Sunday.  

View Quote

Maybe the norm for you but in my 46 years of life in anywhere I have lived have I ever seen things like this in America. Central America for sure, America, not a chance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:43:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#20]
Originally Posted By Dave_Markowitz:

View All Quotes

Wow!

I posted the Michael Yon spoon story in the Garand Thumb Urban Survival thread because Garand Thumb also talked about the value of carrying a spoon with you in his video.

Later in the thread, @Dave_Markowitz (Thanks, Dave!) recommended this spoon which I quickly bought.

I’ll refrain from posting the music video for Spoonman.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#21]

My hometown used to have a crime map, don't know if they still have it. You could filter for dates and type of crime (burglary, rape, assault, etc.).  It would post up the approximate location of the crime. It might be worth checking to see if your town has anything like that.
View Quote

There are smartphone apps that will display incidents in your locality. For example on iOS, go into the App Store and search for "incidents" to see if there's anything for your AO. I'm sure that the Google Play store has something similar.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#22]
Get one or even a couple of these if you don’t have one.  They work very well.  You can find them pretty much everywhere.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Good Cook Can Opener Review and How To by Anthony Crain

Oops.  Posted wrong video.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Maybe the norm for you but in my 46 years of life in anywhere I have lived have I ever seen things like this in America. Central America for sure, America, not a chance.
View All Quotes

Empty shelves and displays starting Sunday morning, getting worse until noon'ish on Monday.

Urban Phoenix AZ.  
You don't notice it until the items you are looking for are the bare spots.  
The guy who had to stock the shelves notices all the bare spots and back fills them with another item until the correct product was delivered.

While working for a single chain, I was in stores that were small and slow enough that a single semi truck, three times a week was enough for the entire store.  And also at a store that received two loads a day of produce, but nothing on Sunday....

Like a said, grocery stores aren't warehouses.  When those are bare, then we are in a world of hurt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Yep.  My wife buys cat food through Chewy.  They have not had the kind she used to buy for several months now.  She either has to order it from somewhere else at a much higher price, or get some other brand.  I found some of what she wanted on Amazon, but it was something like $3.00 for those little cans.  Dang, I can feed them human grade tuna fish cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Empty shelves and displays starting Saturday morning(warehouse unfulfilled), getting worse until noon'ish on Monday.

View All Quotes

It hasn't been the norm anywhere I've lived until the past couple of years. Most stores planned for weekend shopping. Now most don't or they can't get the volume required. One would think with all the computerized tracking available, it wouldn't be hard to keep that from happening. That suggests there is a lack of logistics in the pipeline somewhere that stores can't overcome.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#26]

It hasn't been the norm anywhere I've lived until the past couple of years. Most stores planned for weekend shopping. Now most don't or they can't get the volume required. One would think with all the computerized tracking available, it wouldn't be hard to keep that from happening. That suggests there is a lack of logistics in the pipeline somewhere that stores can't overcome.
View Quote

Pre-'20, it was very, very rare for a store to be out of any of the items I usually shop for.  I can't really recall a single incident, though that could be more a function of my stuttering memory than an accurate record of the past.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:57:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UtahShotgunner] [#27]

View All Quotes

Yes, even in my day, sonny, we planned for weekend shopping.

In the last two years a LOT off people were shopping for meals that previously would have been a "business lunch" or take out instead of making dinner.   A lot has changed in the food supply chain and a grocery store has no more back room storage than they did in 2020.  Which leads some spots being empty on a shelf.   The lack of professionalism and motivation in grocery store workers is also a problem.

I am not saying you aren't seeing empty spots for the things you are buying.  I often notice empty shelves also, it is "muscle memory".   I'm saying that using empty spots on a shelf is an indicator of many things, but (for the moment) comparison to third world countries is nonsensical.

EDIT:  The pipeline has a very strong flow problem at the store level.  As I said, they are not a warehouse and storage was designed with anticipated sales and some growth in mind.

Ex:  One story I worked at was in a post WWII neighborhood that boomed in the '80s(Camelback area).  In our department, we literally could not store enough to get through a weekend.  Physically impossible.   Our walk in cooler would hold four pallets on the floor and we would often receive 12, or left them on the trailer. (Which caused another set of problems.)
That store was finally demolished and rebuilt, but that is impossible on a national scale.  Particularly as things may "return to normal".
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#28]

And so they are busy cutting millions of green trees. Wood that is unready to burn. Hard to cut when green. And just not ready.

View Quote

Green wood isn't great to burn, but it's much easier to cut/split when green than when dried.  

Least it was for the oak that we cut on the farm.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#29]

In the last two years a LOT off people were shopping for meals that previously would have been a "business lunch" or take out instead of making dinner.   A lot has changed in the food supply chain and a grocery store has no more back room storage than they did in 2020.  Which leads some spots being empty on a shelf.   The lack of professionalism and motivation in grocery store workers is also a problem.

I am not saying you aren't seeing empty spots for the things you are buying.  I often notice empty shelves also, it is "muscle memory".   I'm saying that using empty spots on a shelf is an indicator of many things, but (for the moment) comparison to third world countries is nonsensical.

EDIT:  The pipeline has a very strong flow problem at the store level.  As I said, they are not a warehouse and storage was designed with anticipated sales and some growth in mind.

Ex:  One story I worked at was in a post WWII neighborhood that boomed in the '80s(Camelback area).  In our department, we literally could not store enough to get through a weekend.  Physically impossible.   Our walk in cooler would hold four pallets on the floor and we would often receive 12, or left them on the trailer. (Which caused another set of problems.)
That store was finally demolished and rebuilt, but that is impossible on a national scale.  Particularly as things may "return to normal".
View All Quotes

Having owned property and lived in Panama I would say it is actually very similar to that. Its normal to not find your brand or variety now and have to switch to something else and the next time something else yet again. having to hit multiple stores to find a particular item. A shelf being empty for days or weeks at a time.

Maybe Panama isnt third world, I dont really think of it as so, but there are definitely some parallels.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Disclose.tv@disclosetv
2h
·
JUST IN - Supreme Leader Khamenei blames the United States and "the Zionist regime" in Israel for the "riots" in Iran.
View Quote

Iran's Khamenei breaks silence on protests, remarks on death of 22-year-old | Latest News | WION

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#31]
This Is Societal Collapse | DAVID DUBYNE

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Wow!

Well now that you said it I can't resist posting Chris Rodrigues and The Spoon Lady.

Angels in Heaven - Chris Rodrigues & the Spoon Lady
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]
TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
1h
·
Welcome to Europe 2022.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109104822612923776

TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
19m
·
Weddings booked by Britons at a stunning Victorian country mansion have been cancelled after the Home Office announced it needed the hotel for migrants.

At least three weddings have reportedly been cancelled at the Grade II-listed Stoke Rochford Hall in Lincolnshire.

While you're forced to choose between heating or eating this winter, illegal immigrants are here.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/10/02/uk-govt-cancels-weddings-victorian-country-mansion-hotel-make-way-migrants/

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Well now that you said it I can't resist posting Chris Rodrigues and The Spoon Lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLmM9kcBKs
View All Quotes

Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLmM9kcBKs

Nice.

Yeah, I doubt titanium has the resonance of good old stainless steel.

Speaking of stainless steel, that’s one of the noted products that will cease in Germany.  Get your stainless steel items while you can or at least before prices go too crazy.

In before the Munich Hand Saw Orchestra plays a benefit concert after they’ve cut down all of the trees in Germany.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Yep.  My wife buys cat food through Chewy.  They have not had the kind she used to buy for several months now.  She either has to order it from somewhere else at a much higher price, or get some other brand.  I found some of what she wanted on Amazon, but it was something like $3.00 for those little cans.  Dang, I can feed them human grade tuna fish cheaper than that.
View Quote
Not a smart choice for you cats' health. Look it up before you do harm to them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Londo:
Not a smart choice for you cats' health. Look it up before you do harm to them.
View Quote

I'm not feeding them tuna.  It was a rhetorical answer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Speaking of stainless steel, that’s one of the noted products that will cease in Germany.  Get your stainless steel items while you can or at least before prices go too crazy.
View Quote

That window has already closed.

I use a lot of various alloys of stainless and my price per bar has increased again and again in the last few years. As an idea:

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Get one or even a couple of these if you don't have one.  They work very well.  You can find them pretty much everywhere.

www.amazon.com/dp/B000AX13US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkQN6Tyip2c

View Quote

Cool. We have a manual can opener but not the safe-edge kind. Just ordered two of those. One for home and one for my camping gear.

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

That is a fine looking spoon.

Back in the ole' timey days we used to use Ice Tea/Sunday Spoons, they were the only ones long enough to reach down into an MRE main entrée if opened from the short end (which is the way to go). Drill a hole in the handle end and attach a 550 dummy cord.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano ~ "We Must Unite To Stop the New World Order/Great Reset"

View Quote

That gentleman has been saying this for years. He’s tuned in. Should be the Pope.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#41]

I use a lot of various alloys of stainless and my price per bar has increased again and again in the last few years. As an idea:

https://i.imgur.com/THHS3Rb.png
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/THHS3Rb.png

OUCH!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#42]
So are energy costs is Europe going to drop in 6 weeks?
I doubt it. So does this become an open/close then open/close cycle?
How is that going to affect workers and productivity when they do reopen? What a shitshow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Get one or even a couple of these if you don’t have one.  They work very well.  You can find them pretty much everywhere.

View Quote

You can attach a P38 to the handle of your spork.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#44]
So are energy costs is Europe going to drop in 6 weeks?
I doubt it. So does this become an open/close then open/close cycle?
How is that going to affect workers and productivity when they do reopen? What a shitshow.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/AF329435-83E9-4485-BBE4-26EA21EAF416_jpe-2549129.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, that don’t make no sense.

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
1 hour ago
Europe Titanic
03 October 2022
Titanic Museum, Belfast, Ireland

News comes about more food supply shutdown. The likelihood of this plant surviving is about same as Titanic floating to the surface and arriving safely to New York.

The company who made Titanic went on to produce wind turbines. Seriously.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I’ve seen that and have a few P38s too but love the ability of this one to be able to put the lid back on the can if all of the contents aren’t used.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I just ordered a pack of 20 p-38s literally not twenty minutes ago. Just because they are cheap. Virtually every other can opener in the word is better. But I figure I will spread them around the vehicle and bags. At the end of the day other can openers may be better but any can opener when you don’t have one is a god send.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]

That gentleman has been saying this for years. He’s tuned in. Should be the Pope.
View All Quotes

I’m somewhat surprised he hasn’t been excommunicated yet.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]

I just ordered a pack of 20 p-38s literally not twenty minutes ago. Just because they are cheap. Virtually every other can opener in the word is better. But I figure I will spread them around the vehicle and bags. At the end of the day other can openers may be better but any can opener when you don’t have one is a god send.
View Quote

Safer than a knife.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#50]
You can get the manly P38.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Page / 315
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top