Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3311
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
F3 aquatic was a great looking knife that I was about to buy until I realized being 1 hour late meant I’m not blowing $1000 on a knife.

How often do they come back?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DFARM:

That's a pretty fancy jig. Is it for your folder blades?

View Quote

Yeah, they made me want one because there is almost nothing to hold onto and tiny imperfections in the grind are much more obvious on a folder.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I can see that. About the only other solution is to make a temporary handle to hold the blade while you grind it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Stupid reflections.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 80085:
F3 aquatic was a great looking knife that I was about to buy until I realized being 1 hour late meant I’m not blowing $1000 on a knife.

View Quote

Damn, that's a sharp looking knife. Good thing they sold out or I might've been tempted.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:05:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PraesidiumFabrica] [#8]
Attachment Attached File

1084 blade Bubinga handles and copper pins

Nothing fancy

Trading it for a G trigger
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Who knows. It's gorgeous though!
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:

Sounds like your heathen kiddos need to be PT'd until there little backsides are sucking buttermilk.
Hope you had a great Christmas Marine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Good Morning and Merry Christmas to everyone!
Like most of you, I stayed up late last night making sure Santa's gifts were properly placed....
Only to be woken up at dawn by eager heathens who refused to wait for coffee to be made.

I hope you all are having a great day and able to spend time with those you love...

Sounds like your heathen kiddos need to be PT'd until there little backsides are sucking buttermilk.
Hope you had a great Christmas Marine.

I did have a great Christmas.
Little people had an excellent Christmas.
Coffee was consumed, PT was postponed.
It will be reimposed at a later date.
With interest.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WIC:

really? you need pictures of boxes?

here

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:

really? you need pictures of boxes?

here

We're (badly) hiding chocolate with ammunition?
OSHA would not approve.

I wonder if there are any personal injury lawyers on this board?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PraesidiumFabrica:
View Quote

First one appears to be a very interesting flipper knife.

The 2nd one appears to be an articulated flapdoodle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#13]
@conndcj, did you have something you wanted to share with the group?

You are overdue for an update anyways
View Quote

I am the worst.  First of all, belated Merry Christmas to all.  I hope you had a safe and blessed holiday.

I did finally get a new blade and a quite spiffy one.  WIC had suggested sometime ago to join the Emerson Knives FB group which I did.  There also another FB group that buys/sells/trades Emersons.  I like Emerson knives in that they are in that sweet spot of quality, durability and value.  They're not inexpensive but not so much that if something went wrong like it breaking or you losing it, you wouldn't be pissed off.

Now Emerson makes full customs as well but of course they have full custom prices.  Think over $1k to $5k with real collectable models approaching $8k.  

So some enterprising men came up with a cottage industry of customizing Emersons from thumb disks to scales to backstraps to pocket clips. Some of the knives that end up looking like the full customs at a glance are called 'po-boys' after the sandwich.  

A poor boy's way of getting a semi custom Emerson at about 1/3 or less than a real one.  Emerson seems to have embraced this set up.  There's probably more than I know but there's at least three guys that seem to dominate.  All make nice parts for you to put on or you can send your knife to them.

Now I've wanted a Specwar since I saw one but missed out on the latest release.  A couple of weeks ago, I found a Specwar-B (tanto blade) po-boy that was posted two minutes before and I snagged it.  I have to say I like it so much, I've carried it everyday since then.  Only thing I want to change is getting a better looking pivot and a custom pocket clip.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20221226_151524-2649763.jpg

Stupid reflections.
View Quote

Is that a nirvana?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

I am the worst.  First of all, belated Merry Christmas to all.  I hope you had a safe and blessed holiday.

I did finally get a new blade and a quite spiffy one.  WIC had suggested sometime ago to join the Emerson Knives FB group which I did.  There also another FB group that buys/sells/trades Emersons.  I like Emerson knives in that they are in that sweet spot of quality, durability and value.  They're not inexpensive but not so much that if something went wrong like it breaking or you losing it, you wouldn't be pissed off.

Now Emerson makes full customs as well but of course they have full custom prices.  Think over $1k to $5k with real collectable models approaching $8k.  

So some enterprising men came up with a cottage industry of customizing Emersons from thumb disks to scales to backstraps to pocket clips. Some of the knives that end up looking like the full customs at a glance are called 'po-boys' after the sandwich.  

A poor boy's way of getting a semi custom Emerson at about 1/3 or less than a real one.  Emerson seems to have embraced this set up.  There's probably more than I know but there's at least three guys that seem to dominate.  All make nice parts for you to put on or you can send your knife to them.

Now I've wanted a Specwar since I saw one but missed out on the latest release.  A couple of weeks ago, I found a Specwar-B (tanto blade) po-boy that was posted two minutes before and I snagged it.  I have to say I like it so much, I've carried it everyday since then.  Only thing I want to change is getting a better looking pivot and a custom pocket clip.

View All Quotes

Don,
Glad to hear that you're doing well.
Hope you and the family had a great Christmas.

The knife looks great!
Am I mistaken or do you have another Emerson with a similar glass breaker backspacer?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Don,

The knife looks great!
Am I mistaken or do you have another Emerson with a similar glass breaker backspacer?
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20221219_191634_jpg-2649868.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20221219_191655_jpg-2649871.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20221219_191703_jpg-2649872.JPG

Don,

The knife looks great!

Thank you!  Yes, I have a Sheepdog with a very similar backspacer.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought so...
It looks good.
Although I do like being able to blow the lint out with the standoffs vs the spacers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

F3s come around all the time. if you have your heart set on one special run in particular, you will pay.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Is that a nirvana?
View All Quotes

Stupid reflections.

Is that a nirvana?

Don't know which one you're talking about but no, I don't have one named that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Stupid reflections.
View Quote

lighting sucks
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]

I've got one of those jigs. Used it once, maybe twice.
View Quote

yeah, whatever happened to your bout with knife making? was anything ever made?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/498570/1FDAABF0-E6D3-498D-9EC7-39D7A9AE0D4C_jpe-2649821.JPG

Nothing fancy

View Quote

i don't know what that means, but if it is from a company called COWCOW it must be good.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#24]

OSHA would not approve.

View Quote

not chocolate

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20221219_191634_jpg-2649868.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20221219_191655_jpg-2649871.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20221219_191703_jpg-2649872.JPG
View Quote

collectible ones get into 5 digits...more than I wll ever care to spend

That's good looking. You do need a different clip. Domed pivot too. Or get one of the fancy ones with gold and a shamrock on it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

He's asking about the Paysan. Nirvana is another Rassenti model of which Spyderco also did a production version.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Interesting. I have a bottle from a different batch but will have to watch for that one! What is "N"?
View Quote

That was my question
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#28]

not chocolate

View All Quotes

OSHA would not approve.

not chocolate

Caramel...whatever...
Still pretty sure .Gov doesnt like food stored near ammo.
What would DFS say?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Got my son an X-Wing and he wanted to get me the Tie Fighter so we can do battle. So we built them this morning, then ran all around the house dogfighting. Had a blast!
View Quote

Aww that sounds like fun.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:

Your math is sound but after more than 20 years working for state govt. I had a boat load of comp and sick time to eat up. And then Covid hit!
That cut my driving down significantly. Plus I had my new retirement truck and didn't want to load up the miles anymore then required. It was good to be king(boss)!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/carry12-26-22_JPG-2649275.JPG
View Quote

Blue!

And time to burn.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:

Looks yummy!
View Quote

Wife made a Blue cheese dressing. Steak salad and blue cheese dressing was aweomeu
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#32]

lighting sucks
View All Quotes

Stupid reflections.

lighting sucks

Yup. All LED in this house and it makes it hard to get a decent pic. And my phone is ancient.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I've got one of those jigs. Used it once, maybe twice.

It kinda ended the way it started. "Ooh, something else shiny"
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#34]

He's asking about the Paysan. Nirvana is another Rassenti model of which Spyderco also did a production version.
View All Quotes

Ah
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 10:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PraesidiumFabrica] [#35]

but I don't want a flipper on mine. flippers suck.

View Quote

The Chad flipper vs the virgin thumb stud

The flipper doubles as a guard and it’s part of the aesthetic
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#36]

The Chad flipper vs the virgin thumb stud

The flipper doubles as a guard and it’s part of the aesthetic
View Quote

Some flippers are better than others. But I bet he'll come back around.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#37]
no, I won't

fuck flippers

hideous nasty things
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Too rich
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Special runs?

No one knows.

It was a great looking knife.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, they made me want one because there is almost nothing to hold onto and tiny imperfections in the grind are much more obvious on a folder.

View Quote

Interesting but I get it. How the blade interacts with the scales is big.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Stupid reflections.
View Quote

Still a cool pic
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Damn, that's a sharp looking knife. Good thing they sold out or I might've been tempted.
View Quote

Seriously
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#44]
no, I won't

fuck flippers

hideous nasty things
View Quote

Except for the od-1
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#45]
I need help.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I just gave some of those away for christmas presents.

good haul
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#47]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Except for the od-1
View Quote

?

OD is half my collection these days.

You mean this one? This one kinda disappears

or this one? this is kinda OK.

I think this is green.

These are not green, but they are the only other flippers I have. and the fin is hideous, but they are still really nice knives. The neon fin ain't so bad.

I have a few I tolerate that were already in my possession, but I have vowed to bring now more into this household.  

the fin really wrecks the lines. worse than spydie holes. well, maybe not that bad.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#49]
https://i.imgur.com/fJnhrYph.jpg
View Quote

Um. A for effort. Check your OF inbox in a few minutes. I have something special for you…
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#50]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/498570/1FDAABF0-E6D3-498D-9EC7-39D7A9AE0D4C_jpe-2649821.JPG

Nothing fancy

View Quote

I recently learned railroad tracks are 108x steel.
Page / 3311
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top