Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
My son bought one a few years ago...hard to believe a 19-20 year old kid could save that many pennies. He's abused the shit out of it and it runs like a champ and accurate as hell.  He didn't clean it for the first 1000 rounds or so, not even a hiccup.

If you have the coin, they retain their value...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Can I get it with a side charging handle and piston gas system? If so then im in.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I get it with a side charging handle and piston gas system? If so then im in.
View Quote

Gross.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, how cute.  You're stuck in 2011.  Maybe you will find out what Noveske's current owners are really about after this thread?

And my favorite rifle in my collection is a ~2012 Noveske SBR.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP, how cute.  You're stuck in 2011.  Maybe you will find out what Noveske's current owners are really about after this thread?

View Quote

What are they about?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And RIP John
View Quote

Bought mine when I found this site, first AR, exchanged a few emails with John which sit in my email archive.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Their stuff seems to be good quality, but I don’t own any personally. I do think it’s unfortunate that they chose to partner with OAF Nation recently, as that guy is a massive Biden cuck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What are they about?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are they about?

You just don’t get it! They have competent merchandising skills, which means the rifles aren’t good anymore!

You can’t make good product and have cool T shirts! [/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#9]
They use dpms lpk.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had a few.  Only one I have right now is my Noveske MK18.  Factory upper with a Gen II lower built up with a Daniel Defense LPK and Geissele SSA.  Old pic; swapped UBR to an A5 receiver extension and CTR.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#11]
When John died so did the company.  They are just another machined billet AR with a cool roll mark now.  

I bought one of the first SPRs back when they started producing them.  It was an amazingly accurate rifle.  I regret selling it, but I was tight on cash after buying a new house and wanted the kids to have a good Christmas.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What are they about?
View Quote

Why did Noveske get the reputation they did?  Because John understood the minutia and details of what made barrels work, and what engineering behind the mechanics of the rifle were important.  He innovated.  

Ever since he passed Noveske has been stuck in 2011 which is when John made his last update to the platform.  Any developments since then has been rebranded 3rd party componentry.  

I still love my Noveske.  But John reinvested the profits back into R&D and developing a platform.  The current ownership invests the profits into vacation homes and yachts.  But the boobie pics are nice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Lifestyle brand.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered my 16" Recon from John himself before he died. He was very polite and gave me great advice on what rifle would be best for my needs. It is an amazing rifle, has never let me down, and I've made some pretty amazing shots with it (to me).
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Man, this thread gives the memories. Reminds me of the good 'ol days when people were tattooing AAC logos on themselves.

Noveske was definitely the hotness over a decade ago. Their stainless barrels had a good reputation, but I think the real innovation was the double-thickness chrome lined barrels that were re-profiled from M249 SAW barrels.

I remember getting in on their special Magpul lower rifle, and also scalping a Noveske upper during the first big panic after Obama got elected. Good times.

Anyway, I guess things were never quite the same after John passed. These days I think all I have left is a Noveske lower (which is SBR'd, so it isn't going anywhere). I've moved on to KAC and Geissele.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#16]
NOVESKE: GEN4 | Official Release
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#17]

What the fuck did I just watch?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
... in just about every way. When you buy a Noveske, you aren't spending your dollars with massive corporations designed to extract maximum revenue off the American People and funnel them to various investment groups who spread your money around in ways that you'd probably disagree with. You're supporting a small business that's maintained the same culture for 21 years.  When you buy a Noveske, you are supporting a company with the same values as you. You are supporting the little guy. The dream and legacy of an idealistic American Patriot who wanted to produce the best rifle available.  You're not supporting a company who only cares about military contracts and will shut down their civilian line at a moments notice, or make exclusive products for the government, if Uncle Sam throws the wallet around enough. When you buy a Noveske, you are purchasing a commitment to quality, from the individually serialized barrels to the hand polished chambers. You're not getting some fly by night company who decided to get into firearms because of the increase of popularity or to chase social media popularity. You're not getting some tacky new fad or meme rifle. You're getting a rifle designed to work, in all conditions, while doing so with the highest quality fit and finish in the industry. And do it in style. https://i.imgur.com/DsLXrzk.jpg
View Quote

Nice to meet you Mr Novekse or is it Noveske?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When you build your own A.R. 15‘s, you get exactly what you want and you have more money left over for ammunition. A guy who buys an expensive Gucci  AR and doesn’t shoot it because he doesn’t want his “investment” to depreciate isn’t the type of guy that potential tyrants are worried about. That really is a pretty rifle though.
View Quote

I agree about building guns, but I don’t understand the mentality that people who buy expensive pre-built guns don’t run the shit out of them or just keep them in the safe.

I’m sure that happens and I suppose if I bought a purdy Noveske, I’d be tempted to keep it purdy while continuing to run the snot out of my parts guns (one of which is in Noveske territory as far as price).

But to instantly assume that someone only buys an expensive ar to put in its own safe and never touch it?

Do you feel the same about Knights owners?  Larue?  PWS?  Umbrella Corp?  Etc?

It’s pretty normal for a guy to have a high grade pre-64 model 70 and not drag it through the hunting woods when he has a modern version of a bolt gun with composite stocks and a more durable finish to get marred up.

Why is the attitude different for inherently valuable ars?  

Also, most people don’t run any of their guns very hard, imo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

More than once.

That’s fucking badass.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ha, we were a tiny part of that (6315KM, the Dead Air suppressor mount)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/DA_DANOVHM733_5_jpg-2451991.JPG
View Quote

Of course you were!!  I love that build ??
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I had a chance to get in on a special NSW edition group buy around 2013 or '14.  I think there were less than 100 ordered/made for that run.  I do regert not getting one of those.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

To be fair they did have some nice T shirts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Noveske. They took a great company and made it into a douchebag Instagram bro t shirt company. There's plenty of companies making solid rifles. I'll never buy another one until they become an actual gun company again.

To be fair they did have some nice T shirts

I bought some of their t-shirts and the neck holes are so large they are unwearable.

I’m not a small guy, so no point making pencil neck remarks. And since we’re in gd, I don’t have to explain my rippling muscles and giant…bank accounts.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

OP owns a Noveske. You should call him Sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lmao. Why did you put a Hasselblad water mark on your picture? Is it an attempt to tell us how wealthy you are? That you also shoot on a $30,000 body? lol ffs.

OP owns a Noveske. You should call him Sir.

Correction: Bro, sir.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Op is right but he can't spell Noveske right.

Sad flaming pig.gif
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
3 Novs
2 Larue
1 LMT..

Cant complain
View Quote

But do you shoot a Hasselblad?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
... in just about every way.

When you buy a Noveske, you aren't spending your dollars with massive corporations designed to extract maximum revenue off the American People and funnel them to various investment groups who spread your money around in ways that you'd probably disagree with. You're supporting a small business that's maintained the same culture for 21 years.

When you buy a Noveske, you are supporting a company with the same values as you. You are supporting the little guy. The dream and legacy of an idealistic American Patriot who wanted to produce the best rifle available.  

You're not supporting a company who only cares about military contracts and will shut down their civilian line at a moments notice, or make exclusive products for the government, if Uncle Sam throws the wallet around enough.

When you buy a Noveske, you are purchasing a commitment to quality, from the individually serialized barrels to the hand polished chambers.

You're not getting some fly by night company who decided to get into firearms because of the increase of popularity or to chase social media popularity. You're not getting some tacky new fad or meme rifle. You're getting a rifle designed to work, in all conditions, while doing so with the highest quality fit and finish in the industry.

And do it in style.

https://i.imgur.com/DsLXrzk.jpg
View Quote

Is that a Trijicon thermal? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Jfc tell me this is satire. Please tell me it’s satire. I don’t care about Noveske, but I can’t believe this is a real ad for a real product drop.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I have one built when John was still alive. I have no desire to buy a new one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So. You're a paid schill then. Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contractually obligated.

So. You're a paid schill then. Got it.

Start a BRCC thread if you really want to see him in action.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#32]

I love me a 733, but $3k msrp is even with the can

what did they actually sell for? @rhygin
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
sadly noveske died with John.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is that a Trijicon thermal? How do you like it?
View Quote

All of their line is fantastic. Still one of my favorites.

You can get more performance or features, even at a cheaper price, with other offerings, but I still prefer the Triji looking at it from a complete perspective.

Quoted:

Start a BRCC thread if you really want to see him in action.
View Quote

Their contract expired.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Laughs in Larue OBR.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I love me a 733, but $3k msrp is even with the can

what did they actually sell for? @rhygin
View Quote

@Shlouf

Yeah… $3k was a bit steep.  I believe I got the special price of $2995.  It was painful but I had the timeframe of waiting on 2 stamps to soften the sting a bit.

Looking back, it was worth it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#37]
i thought you rage quit arfcom?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Drama queens never mean it.

I’m just glad he’s back for the Taylor Swift pics.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Wrong.  Mk12 Mod H is best AR-15.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never quit, just took a break.

Still on it, just decided to pop in for a day at the request of many people who missed me posting here.

Once this thread dies I’m out again.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wrong.  Mk12 Mod H is best AR-15.
View Quote

>he fell for the holland meme
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lifestyle brand.
View Quote

Lifestyle Bro spotted!

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Their marketing is great.

They use real women with curves, great hair, and beautiful skin.

Quit hating on beautiful real American women
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Still on it, just decided to pop in for a day at the request of many people who missed me posting here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Standard Narphenal thread. Is it ackchuallyy a hit and run this time or will you stick around for a while like before?

Anyone want to start a pool for which brand will be next?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I thought they just made skateboards and water guns?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Yep! Love my 10.5” Noveske.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I thought they just made skateboards and water guns?
View Quote

Tier 1
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Yup, the Noveske Navy is the most awesome short AR ever made.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I had a chance to get in on a special NSW edition group buy around 2013 or '14.  I think there were less than 100 ordered/made for that run.  I do regert not getting one of those.
View Quote

found the mail on what i snoozed and loosed on . March 2013

Noveske 16” Light Recce with NSR (Base rifle)
Features:
16" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm Barrel  
--M249 Machine Gun barrel steel and Chrome Lining (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Same weight as M4 barrel with improved contour for maximum rigidity and no M203 notch
--MP HP tested
--1 in 7" twist
--Mil Spec Phosphate finish
--Mid length gas system
--1/2x28 barrel threads
--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel
--Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard
--NSR-13.5 free floated handguard w/ 1913 top rails
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Full Auto bolt carrier with properly staked carrier key
--BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle
--Upgraded to AAC 51T Blackout Flash Suppressor (can be used with AAC M4-2000 suppressor with Ratchet Attach)
--Noveske Forged Gen II Lower
--Mil-Spec receiver extension
--Noveske QD End Plate, staked
--H Buffer
--MagPul CTR MilSpec Stock (upgrade from VLTOR stock shown in picture)
--Troy Industries Flip-up front and rear sights
--MagPul MOE pistol grip

Also included in the package:
NSR KeyMod 4 slot section (small section of rail), NSR Key Mod 9 slot section (medium sized section of rail), NSR KeyMod QD Swivel mount (for ball/detent sling swivel), NSW Rating Badge Engraving and limited edition run number. i.e., “3 of 50”, etc.
Price with upgrades: $2350.00 USD
Our price: $1825.92 per rifle
Order date: 15 March 2013. Must be paid in full NLT 15 MAR 13 (If I do not have your payment, or payment info by 15MAR13, your order will not be placed. I will not be doing another deal like this, so you snooze, you lose)
Delivery Date: TBD (They are swamped and NOT taking new orders from anyone) I will keep everyone informed regarding progress, however, it will likely be a few months at a minimum. The recent “run” on guns, especially AR-15’s, has the entire industry short on guns, parts, components, and accessories. They can’t build guns with parts they don’t have. Don’t call, email, or text every other week. I’ll let you know something when I know something.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

found the mail on what i snoozed and loosed on . March 2013

Noveske 16” Light Recce with NSR (Base rifle)
Features:
16" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm Barrel  
--M249 Machine Gun barrel steel and Chrome Lining (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Same weight as M4 barrel with improved contour for maximum rigidity and no M203 notch
--MP HP tested
--1 in 7" twist
--Mil Spec Phosphate finish
--Mid length gas system
--1/2x28 barrel threads
--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel
--Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard
--NSR-13.5 free floated handguard w/ 1913 top rails
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Full Auto bolt carrier with properly staked carrier key
--BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle
--Upgraded to AAC 51T Blackout Flash Suppressor (can be used with AAC M4-2000 suppressor with Ratchet Attach)
--Noveske Forged Gen II Lower
--Mil-Spec receiver extension
--Noveske QD End Plate, staked
--H Buffer
--MagPul CTR MilSpec Stock (upgrade from VLTOR stock shown in picture)
--Troy Industries Flip-up front and rear sights
--MagPul MOE pistol grip

Also included in the package:
NSR KeyMod 4 slot section (small section of rail), NSR Key Mod 9 slot section (medium sized section of rail), NSR KeyMod QD Swivel mount (for ball/detent sling swivel), NSW Rating Badge Engraving and limited edition run number. i.e., “3 of 50”, etc.
Price with upgrades: $2350.00 USD
Our price: $1825.92 per rifle
Order date: 15 March 2013. Must be paid in full NLT 15 MAR 13 (If I do not have your payment, or payment info by 15MAR13, your order will not be placed. I will not be doing another deal like this, so you snooze, you lose)
Delivery Date: TBD (They are swamped and NOT taking new orders from anyone) I will keep everyone informed regarding progress, however, it will likely be a few months at a minimum. The recent “run” on guns, especially AR-15’s, has the entire industry short on guns, parts, components, and accessories. They can’t build guns with parts they don’t have. Don’t call, email, or text every other week. I’ll let you know something when I know something.
View Quote

Damn. Sounds like a hell of a deal now at $1,825!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top