BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From context clues, she's in their marketing department. Doing what exactly, I'm not sure. If I cared, I could probably hunt down her linkedin profile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I missed the part where she explained the goods and/or services that she provides ??
From context clues, she's in their marketing department. Doing what exactly, I'm not sure. If I cared, I could probably hunt down her linkedin profile.

Dilbert explains all.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
There was free ice cream at the ground braking ceremony for the new 5 million dollar cafeteria yesterday. Lunch will not be provided but I’m sure there will be a significant price increase.

We have the 90/10 rule here. 90% of the work is done by 10% of the people.

It’s hard for corporations to compete with the perks companies like apple google linked in etcetera offer. Hell they even have on site dentist doctors and daycare.  Good help is hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Here’s my day.
Arrive at work 15 minutes early.  BS with coworkers that also adulted and arrived early.   Pulled up the opening scene from idiocracy to explain them what my brawndo joke was.
Supervisor from a completely different county walks in and sees us talking. Tells me I’m not checking my ambulance out.  I tell him I’m 10 minutes early. He huffs off.
Partner and I look at my truck.  It has 321k on the dash. The frame is rotting away.  If you hit a bump it will slam the floor of the cab directly onto the frame.
We drive down the road.  I eat the snacks I packed (jarlsburg cheese and pepperoni) I drink water with propel drink mix in it.

Pick up Mildred (not her real name). Mildred shits on my cot.  
Drop her off at the nursing home.  Clean the cot.
Go pick up tydaeius (not his real name). Baby momma hit him with a rock.  Took him to hospital.  He’ll be alright.
Drive across the county. Pick up baby Sarah.  She’s less than a year old.  Someone punched her in the face repeatedly.  And left her for dead outside.
Take her from one hospital to another for facial surgery.  She cried the whole way there.  Held her hand the entire way there. Didn’t get paperwork done during the ride.
Same supervisor comes to me and asks why I’m not done with the call, while I’m holding her in my arms (can’t leave until hospital takes custody, they know this so they don’t) give him death stare. He fucks off into the parking lot.

Take ten minutes after the call to remind myself that all people aren’t bad.
Do a few more runs.  Eat pulled pork I made at home two days before.

Get home.  Slam a scotch to forget about the baby that got punched.
Get in bed.  Dog farts in my face.  Thanks dog.

This is no BS how my day was earlier this week.  

I would die for that snowflakes workday.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It was 121*F in the shop last week. Lunch was not provided. Food was not provided.
We do not have a safe space.
We did dangerous shit on heavy shit and we're all conservative to ultra conservative Christians.
I win.
View Quote

I hear ya, man.  It boggles my mind to see how soft, entitled, oblivious, and lacking of gratitude some sectors of society are.  Just reading the pampered arrogance of people on Linkedin posting pithy gifs about "leadership" and "synergy" and "teamwork" is more than I can take at times.  Contrast that with someone that works in a shop or a mine for a 12 hour shift MINIMUM, grinding it out - granted, for good pay and benefits befitting their skill set -  without the near constant ego massage and obeisance to toddler-like sensitivities.  As a species, we're inclined to be lazy when all our needs are met, but for all the education, certifications, and erudite ways of these self-styled Eloi types, you'd think they'd have some semblance of introspection and foresight to recognize their own limitations.  Yet, they neither possess the grit nor the strength to survive exposure if the lights went out, their cellphone lost signal, and Grubhub didn't deliver their venti iced caramel latte with oatmilk from Starbucks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Chai lattes and quiet rooms are great... for some people... I guess.  I'm fortunate to have the best tech workplace ever.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19198/workplace_png-2437365.JPG
View Quote

Nice! I'm in the same boat.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't tell if that's serious or some type of sarcasm.
View Quote

#metoo
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top