BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pachucko:

Curious about this...  Would you share your personal pros/cons that led you to this decision?  (I'm thinking about getting one. )
View Quote

I've owned a sig pistol version that I SBRed, and then an upper on an AR conversion. They are front heavy, with a can, too, but arguably it's not a gun meant for long term holding at the ready or comfort. It's designed to have a bunch of power in a small package. Despite it's size, it's heavy at 6+ pounds but having the same controls as an AR means you don't have to think about it when shit hits the fan. I have years behind an AR, and bought a tavor for HD. Totally different manual of arms but overall 26" seems reasonable. Decided to switch to a rattler for training and familiarity. Then had the chance to go through a real shooting. My brain was mush. I remember that. I remember thinking "holy shit i wish my can cleared this is gonna be loud..." but it was honestly comforting knowing it was familiar to me and I can shoot reflexively based on training and practice with a 22 AR.

I'm working on how I'm going to do my sig 365 raider. Fun cash was tight with vacation and back to school but leaning towards a Fuse so I get longer mags and barrel.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
In a nut shell, I don't like the balance.

I had previously purchased a Rattler upper setup and didn't like it then because of the balance, so I sold it.
When the LT Rattler came out, I was once again lured by the siren song of folding stock/piston upper. After larping around the house with it, I realized I was just not going to get comfortable with the weight balance, especially with a suppressor mounted.

ETA: I don't like the full ambi Sig lower. I have zero need to ambi controls.

View Quote

Much appreciated; thank you for sharing!
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

I like mine a lot. In fact, I like mine so much I bought a second one.  

If you insist that only a rifle caliber option makes sense, the Rattler is a great option.
View Quote

Much appreciated; thank you for sharing also!
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I sat and thought about this. And the more I thought about it, the more I just could not envision a hypothetical scenario where I would purposely walk out the door with foreknowledge of an elevated threat, and not reach for a rifle.

So...
1) Normal threat environment -- EDC
2) Elevated threat environment -- Stay home
3) Elevated threat environment and "need" to go out -- rifle end of the PDW spectrum

Now I need to figure out which one.
Dirty Beaver
Honey Badger
Rattler (actually, I'm selling this one)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15341/20240801_150802-3282786.jpg
View Quote

@tortilla-flats

Can you measure your Honey Badger in its smallest form?  Curious if something like that will fit the bag that I have picked out.  Also how did you get it in blue like that?  Looks sick!
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SlowTA:

@tortilla-flats

Can you measure your Honey Badger in its smallest form?  Curious if something like that will fit the bag that I have picked out.  Also how did you get it in blue like that?  Looks sick!
View Quote
19 7/8"

Its what my dealer had in stock (RifleGear). Its an "Allen Arms Tactical" edition. HB-SBR-BLUE
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
19 7/8"

Its what my dealer had in stock (RifleGear). Its an "Allen Arms Tactical" edition. HB-SBR-BLUE
View Quote

Awesome.  Thanks for measuring.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread has me strongly considering trading my AP5 for an AP5K.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
This thread has me strongly considering trading my AP5 for an AP5K.
View Quote

Get both.

Then put the B&T collapsing stock on the K and have a fantastic bag gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

Get both.

Then put the B&T collapsing stock on the K and have a fantastic bag gun.
View Quote

Yes.  I have both, love both.

But the K with the B&T is peak bag gun.

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I installed EA’s tungsten weight on the bolt. It supposedly helps slow things down just a touch.

ETA: I don’t really notice a difference between brass fired with and without the Saker 556K installed. I only reload the brass three times before I run it through the Rock and consider it lost. Factory through twice fired handloads go in the PS90 with a brass catcher.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:

Doooo itttttt. 5.7 is fun

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5698_jpeg-3272516.JPG

What is your experience suppressing the PS90?

I have read its not a good idea, being blowback it increases back pressure? I have a PS90, zero experience suppressing it.

I installed EA’s tungsten weight on the bolt. It supposedly helps slow things down just a touch.

ETA: I don’t really notice a difference between brass fired with and without the Saker 556K installed. I only reload the brass three times before I run it through the Rock and consider it lost. Factory through twice fired handloads go in the PS90 with a brass catcher.

I bought the HUXWRX FLOW 556K for my PS90. It’s a 3D printed back pressure reducing flow through suppressor that is easier on the action and stock. If you’re not doing a flow though, then the EA weight is good if you’re going the traditional suppressor route because it keeps the action closed a little longer and slows it down.

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Pennsilfaanisch:
I’m liking the mini Bog I picked up. Runs great suppressed with 147gr JHPs. The PDW brace collapses well and it’ll fit in most backpacks with the can on.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/368464/IMG_1404-3277367.jpg
View Quote

Love the bog! They are evolving nicely. I see you have the first gen curved mag. Have you tried the new second gen curved mags yet? I just ordered some for my bogs.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Nice! Great grey man bag.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:

I agree 100% on the idea that a "get home PDW" can be an oddball and does not need to be sustainable.
The guns at home are sustainable.
The PDW is single-focused to get home.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:
Originally Posted By Thor:
A P90 would be better. Length is identical, but the height with optic, grip, and mag means I have to break the Triad down to fit in my bag. P90 you could keep loaded. I am still considering a P90. I don’t like uncommon ammo, but neither the P90 or the Triad is my is my long term fighting gun, so the potential “need” for this gun is just to break contact anyway. An oddball round would be just fine for that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_4681_jpeg-3280044.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_4682_jpeg-3280045.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_4683_jpeg-3280047.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_4688_jpeg-3280049.JPG

I agree 100% on the idea that a "get home PDW" can be an oddball and does not need to be sustainable.
The guns at home are sustainable.
The PDW is single-focused to get home.

Exactly, they are “rioters, get the fuck away from me” guns. The PS90 and M&P 57 together in my bag, are 438 leaking holes in anyone who wants to stop me or my loved ones from getting home. Generally when someone springs a leak they lose all initiative in following you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By steve8140:

Here in NH, the state laws reference barrel length. A SBR (under 16”) is not a rifle and we can have it loaded with a round chambered while driving around.
View All Quotes

I don’t know Idaho law so this concern may not be applicable there, but everywhere I have lived had a ban on carrying rifles concealed. It comes as a brace and I’d say for most folks they want to leave it as a brace so as not to cause more legal headaches for themselves.

Here in CO, for instance, carrying a rifle in a car with a round chambered is a no-go. If I was carrying that thing as an SBR, how could I get around that?

Here in NH, the state laws reference barrel length. A SBR (under 16”) is not a rifle and we can have it loaded with a round chambered while driving around.

@Lothbrok

Just thinking, if you can’t legally carry with a round in chamber, then locked back with loaded mag, dust port closed.  Hit bolt release and go.  
Problem is inadvertently hitting it so the basics of gun safety apply.  
Or train to charge the rifle and then employ it.  Kind of like the Israeli military and police who were required to carry sidearms on empty chamber.  They train to pull, rack and fire.  
Mostly, if confronted with a bad situation, first response is using the vehicle to get out of it.  
If stopped and unable to move, charging an AR or other semi auto takes a second or two once you grab it.
Immediate drill may be handgun then rifle, depending on the situation.  

I am hoping to never need to go thru any of this, but it pays to game it in several different scenarios.  Access to your primary carry while buckled in is an issue in and of itself.

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Philmore:

@Lothbrok

Just thinking, if you can’t legally carry with a round in chamber, then locked back with loaded mag, dust port closed.  Hit bolt release and go.  
Or train to charge the rifle and then employ it.  Kind of like the Israeli military and police who were required to carry sidearms on empty chamber.  They train to pull, rack and fire.  
Mostly, if confronted with a bad situation, first response is using the vehicle to get out of it.  
If stopped and unable to move, charging an AR or other semi auto takes a second or two once you grab it.

I am hoping to never need to go thru any of this, but it pays to game it in several different scenarios.  Access to your primary carry while buckled in is an issue in and of itself.

View Quote

I leave my PDWs I am carrying around discretely with an empty chamber, safety on. I have sports bags and backpacks. I also train racking a round while removing from the bag.
If there is a "situation" and I have my pdw out it will have one in the chamber.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By clickclickBOOM:

Generally when someone springs a leak they lose all initiative in following you.
View Quote

There are videos from several of the riots during the mostly peaceful protests where the opposite was true: a shot brought more people down on an area all wanting to film/ID whats happening or join in on a beatdown.  

I understand the thought process but shots fired doesnt seem to scatter the crowd quite as reliably these days.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm a little surprised that nobody has brought up short shotguns in here yet.

I was just thinking about the RV trip we took back in 21 right as things were opening back up. I kept a rifle in the motorhome with us but I remember thinking the something like a shockwave would be pretty handy to have in the vehicle if things got sporty and we had to get people off of/out of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]

@Lothbrok

View All Quotes

I don’t know Idaho law so this concern may not be applicable there, but everywhere I have lived had a ban on carrying rifles concealed. It comes as a brace and I’d say for most folks they want to leave it as a brace so as not to cause more legal headaches for themselves.

Here in CO, for instance, carrying a rifle in a car with a round chambered is a no-go. If I was carrying that thing as an SBR, how could I get around that?

@Lothbrok

Yeah, this is something I have trained a bit for. I don't leave the bolt locked back because I don't want to get into a situation where it gets jostled around in my truck and slams a round into the chamber and I get pulled over. That sounds unpleasant and not super worth the risk. If I'm in a situation where I'm grabbing that gun, I have a bit of time, so racking the charging handle and getting into the fight isn't a huge time sink.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I was just thinking about the RV trip we took back in 21 right as things were opening back up. I kept a rifle in the motorhome with us but I remember thinking the something like a shockwave would be pretty handy to have in the vehicle if things got sporty and we had to get people off of/out of the vehicle.
View Quote

There was one posted on the first page.

For me its the overall length.  Tac-14 is 23” I’ve read?

I dont really consider a 10.3 AR with a law folder a pdw either because its too long to fit in a traditional nondescript backpack, and mine is 22” folded, iirc.  

Truck guns like ARs over 10” and even the tac-14 are a slightly different category than on body pdws, IMO.  Still good options, but a lot harder to carry discretely.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#20]

There was one posted on the first page.

For me its the overall length.  Tac-14 is 23” I’ve read?

I dont really consider a 10.3 AR with a law folder a pdw either because its too long to fit in a traditional nondescript backpack, and mine is 22” folded, iirc.  

Truck guns like ARs over 10” and even the tac-14 are a slightly different category than on body pdws, IMO.  Still good options, but a lot harder to carry discretely.
View Quote

I gotcha. I guess I had truck/vehicle guns lumped in together, not really considering the need to conceal it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#21]

There are videos from several of the riots during the mostly peaceful protests where the opposite was true: a shot brought more people down on an area all wanting to film/ID whats happening or join in on a beatdown.  

I understand the thought process but shots fired doesnt seem to scatter the crowd quite as reliably these days.
View All Quotes

Generally when someone springs a leak they lose all initiative in following you.

They continued to run down and attack Rittenhouse after he shot the initial pedophile guy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I actually think they can be easily concealed due to their shape. Even if it's a tad longer. No magazine helps
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#23]
9mm Colt style AR, SBR.  5in barrel.  Nice, accurate and compact little blaster.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I have a model 11 cut way down and it’s 4+1 of buckshot and still long as fuck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yes, indeed.

There’s a difference between walking or driving through a large crowd and making your way through  a large angry mob.  If at all possible, go around, no matter the inconvenience or how long it takes.  Never underestimate the rage and capability of an angry mob.

I used to be naive and thought these sort of things only happened in places like Los Angeles, Detroit, or the Bronx.  1993 changed my perception of my local community as well as what type of firearms I could and should own.

A lot of the videos from that day in 1993 have been scrubbed from the internet.  This was supposed to be a joyous celebration but some came for a different reason in mind.  The world has sure changed a lot since then, too.

Super Bowl XXVII Victory Parade Got Ugly & Sad

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optimator] [#26]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBeXKGJIKSM

My submission, v1.0 of the Frugal Ferret.
6” .300blk with the KAK short buffer.
View Quote

I'm still trying to figure out a build like this. I have everything but a barrel and handguard already. I can't decide on which barrel length to go with. It'll be mostly for subs shooting suppressed. Any suggestions?

EDIT: not doing this:

Even though about getting this & calling it good. PSA 7.5
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

They continued to run down and attack Rittenhouse after he shot the initial pedophile guy.
View All Quotes

Which in and of itself is an argument in favor of the much less capable Chassis style pistol caliber options. You have the ability to plausibly and instantly conceal the thing after an engagement, facilitating breaking contact and melting into the crowd.
Do they suck compared to rifle calibers out of larger platforms? Definitely. But if you find yourself on foot in a mixed hostile mob(which I would bend every effort to avoid) then they are still as lethal as your CCW, with better ranging capabilities.
The PDW niche is rather small, and really only shines if for some reason you could reasonably expect to be caught in a dense urban area doing normal life stuff and have to cross some distance on foot.
If you don't see that as a possibility(it would be highly unlikely for me, personally) then a short carbine is likely mo betta.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Which in and of itself is an argument in favor of the much less capable Chassis style pistol caliber options. You have the ability to plausibly and instantly conceal the thing after an engagement, facilitating breaking contact and melting into the crowd.
Do they suck compared to rifle calibers out of larger platforms? Definitely. But if you find yourself on foot in a mixed hostile mob(which I would bend every effort to avoid) then they are still as lethal as your CCW, with better ranging capabilities.
The PDW niche is rather small, and really only shines if for some reason you could reasonably expect to be caught in a dense urban area doing normal life stuff and have to cross some distance on foot.
If you don't see that as a possibility(it would be highly unlikely for me, personally) then a short carbine is likely mo betta.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feudist:

I couldn’t agree more. PDWs for me, are bag guns. That is the only role they fill for me, giving me something more than a pistol that is discreet and convenient to actually have with me.

If you want something more than a pistol, and a lunchbox size bag won’t draw unnecessary attention. Flux & Recover type stuff absolutely gives you that.

If laptop size bags are doable, Micro PCC platforms give you something way more capable than just your EDC.

If backpack size bags are doable, small PCC platforms work great and so do small rifles.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my SCAR 15P build done except for a light.  With the stock folded is measures 19.75".  I will probably shave an inch off of that if I replace the factory flash hider with a micro keymo break.  It fits very nicely in my Vertx Gamut.  I am loading it with green tip for reasons.

I bought a used SCAR stock off the EE, removed the rear portion, and added a Haga Defense adapter and a tail hook.  I have numerous SBR's, but I want to keep this a pistol, so I can carry it concealed in bag or vehicle.

I have a Magpul sling on it, but I took it off for better photos.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#30]

All this stuff goes in my first aid kit that I take to work.

The 45ACP PDW is a stand-in for the 357SIG that I don’t photograph. I shot both of them this weekend, and the 357 is way easier and more fun to shoot. Currently stoked with Ranger T.  Need to get a bunch of Glock 22rd mags, Underwood 65gr to fill them, and a chest rig to carry them.

The Recover is the Flux Raider-We-Have-At-Home. It’s good shit. Buy it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
9mm Colt style AR, SBR.  5in barrel.  Nice, accurate and compact little blaster.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/IMG_3494_jpeg-3285498.JPG
View Quote
I love the way Colt-pattern ARs look with the slim magwell
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
View All Quotes
9mm Colt style AR, SBR.  5in barrel.  Nice, accurate and compact little blaster.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/IMG_3494_jpeg-3285498.JPG

Me too.  Who's currently making that style? I've got a pile of unused Colt mags.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Thinking of getting into a 9mm PDW...........of the three, which do you guys like? MP5K type, Stribog or the PSA DOE clone?
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got home from the local fun store, everything AR based is too big. Anything 9mm with a foot print bigger than a g17 is too big.

I need that 365 flux...
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I really want a B&T APC9K SD2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By billth777:
I just got home from the local fun store, everything AR based is too big. Anything 9mm with a foot print bigger than a g17 is too big.

I need that 365 flux...
View Quote

Where are you in Georgia? I’d let you shoot mine and a flux Glock to see if you like them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

Where are you in Georgia? I’d let you shoot mine and a flux Glock to see if you like them.
View Quote

Canton
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Not a bad bag. I grab one for cheap from AAFES.

Most/all the pockets/pouches in the main internal compartment need to be removed. 100% snagging.
Also, too many buckles and straps.
But it has potential. Homey Badger fits perfect.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 3:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#39]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

Me too.  Who's currently making that style? I've got a pile of unused Colt mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stonia:

@Stonia
PSA must have done a run of them recently as they've been out of stock for a while: https://palmettostatearmory.com/pa-9-pcc/lowers/colt-lower.html

Unfortunately no stripped lower in that pattern.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Thinking of getting into a 9mm PDW...........of the three, which do you guys like? MP5K type, Stribog or the PSA DOE clone?
View Quote

My Colt mag guns have never been as reliable as an MP5. Plus, the K can get a side folder for a laptop bag that's even smaller.

And it's cooler.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:
Got my SCAR 15P build done except for a light.  With the stock folded is measures 19.75".  I will probably shave an inch off of that if I replace the factory flash hider with a micro keymo break.  It fits very nicely in my Vertx Gamut.  I am loading it with green tip for reasons.

I bought a used SCAR stock off the EE, removed the rear portion, and added a Haga Defense adapter and a tail hook.  I have numerous SBR's, but I want to keep this a pistol, so I can carry it concealed in bag or vehicle.

I have a Magpul sling on it, but I took it off for better photos.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37013/SCAR_15P-1_jpg-3285630.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37013/SCAR_15P-2_jpg-3285631.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37013/SCAR_15P-3_jpg-3285632.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37013/SCAR_15P-4_jpg-3285633.JPG
View Quote
Very nice. I'd roll with that!
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By last_crusader:

My Colt mag guns have never been as reliable as an MP5. Plus, the K can get a side folder for a laptop bag that's even smaller.

And it's cooler.
View All Quotes

And it's cooler.

IMO magazines are the real fly in the ointment of Colt guns. As someone who’s keeping a couple alive in inventory there awesome but even small there still larger then a lot of the contemporary options. There big leg up is training translates between them and your standard rifle.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#43]

And it's cooler.
View All Quotes

And it's cooler.

Yeah, I want that DOE clone, but the MP5K is a cool gun as well and is pretty compact
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN0ZUVGpmUQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOFkabebEAs
I actually think they can be easily concealed due to their shape. Even if it's a tad longer. No magazine helps
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN0ZUVGpmUQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOFkabebEAs

Great longer. I think a Remington TAC-13 or other bird head grip short semiauto would be awesome for this drill.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Closest thing I have to a PDW I suppose
-8" 300blk
-17 Designs folding lower; some important OAL savings over the LAW Gen3 I have on a 10.5" 5.56

It is a bit of a parts bin build and not really ironed out. I'd like to switch the barrel out for a 5" SLR assembly. The red dot is a neat older titanium Holosun with a circle dot, but nowadays I'm firmly in the Fuck Holosun camp.

I never tote it around as the go-to, but ought to fine tune it a little bit. Reliability is there, though.

17.25" collapsed
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276591/1000020572-3287824.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276591/1000020573-3287825.jpg
View Quote
Interesting; never heard of them. Looks like it was a licensed design from Shield Arms. Off to do research.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Love the bog! They are evolving nicely. I see you have the first gen curved mag. Have you tried the new second gen curved mags yet? I just ordered some for my bogs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pennsilfaanisch:
I’m liking the mini Bog I picked up. Runs great suppressed with 147gr JHPs. The PDW brace collapses well and it’ll fit in most backpacks with the can on.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/368464/IMG_1404-3277367.jpg

I wasn’t aware of a 2nd gen curved mag - I thought these new curved mags are considered the 2nd gen magazine to fix the straight wall issues? I haven’t had any issues with the curved mags that came with my Stribog. I recently ordered some straight 20s that hopefully function well since they’re easier to fit inside a pack while loaded into the gun.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

Thank you. Is that a Sandman S? If so how’s it do that’s the only can I have currently. Looking at the DA micro and the FCD short.
View Quote

It is not my pic but it looks to be a Sandman S.  I have a Wolfman sand a Sandman S.  The Key Micro is suggested for the Wolfman for rifle calibers.  It is just a Keymo Brake with a chamber lopped off.  Allows me to switch my Sandman and Wolfman around to various platforms with no issues.  Works great.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

It is not my pic but it looks to be a Sandman S.  I have a Wolfman sand a Sandman S.  The Key Micro is suggested for the Wolfman for rifle calibers.  It is just a Keymo Brake with a chamber lopped off.  Allows me to switch my Sandman and Wolfman around to various platforms with no issues.  Works great.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

Thank you. Is that a Sandman S? If so how’s it do that’s the only can I have currently. Looking at the DA micro and the FCD short.

Thank you for the info. I know the sandman is a bit overkill but currently it’s what I’ve got
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Closest thing I have to a PDW I suppose
-8" 300blk
-17 Designs folding lower; some important OAL savings over the LAW Gen3 I have on a 10.5" 5.56

It is a bit of a parts bin build and not really ironed out. I'd like to switch the barrel out for a 5" SLR assembly. The red dot is a neat older titanium Holosun with a circle dot, but nowadays I'm firmly in the Fuck Holosun camp.

I never tote it around as the go-to, but ought to fine tune it a little bit. Reliability is there, though.

17.25" collapsed
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276591/1000020572-3287824.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276591/1000020573-3287825.jpg
View Quote

You certainly win the most gangster bag contest

I can smell the cigarette smoke and three martini lunches from here.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top