Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not a key. Try calling the various Middle Easterners and Asians we've fought their respective slurs and disclaim that you only mean the ones we fought, and see if you don't get banned.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gun owners breathing hurts the 2a cause. Everything makes firearms enthusiasts look bad. I stopped going to the range because I don't own a tux, and didn't want to hurt gun owners images.
View Quote

You wear a tux with tails and a tophat I'll meet you at the range and we'll go shooting...
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
certainly..racism is racism..the majority of it here now is towards blacks..after 911 it was Muslims..
people that feel the need to use racist terms to express their opinion probably aren't going to feel welcome here anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Striker

Does this apply equally to those of other origins that seem to be hated on this site?  

Legitimate question, not in any way sarcastic.    I personally am offended by the language used towards those of middle eastern descent, Muslims, or even non-Muslims from majority Islamic nations.  

I'm asking as if this policy doesn't extend to all, then this rule is in itself, racist (see here)

certainly..racism is racism..the majority of it here now is towards blacks..after 911 it was Muslims..
people that feel the need to use racist terms to express their opinion probably aren't going to feel welcome here anymore.

So "code words" about certain religious groups is also banned?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone, Offended by everything, all the time.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea.  Just update the COC.  It's not hard.

ETA: and the memes
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

See, this is why this will always go downhill.

You have no right to not be offended. You have the right to answer.

Several times Swiss people have been bashed in the thread discussing ww2. All Swiss people.

Did I like it ? No.

Do I think it should be regulated ? Of course not

View Quote

The swiss deserve every ounce of shit they get. Their cheese is full of holes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
They / Them?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I get what you're trying to do here, because I've seen exactly the behavior you're trying to stop and it is overtly racist as fuck. But man if this isn't the most slippery of slopes!

*to clarify, by slope I meant
noun
a surface of which one end or side is at a higher level than another; a rising or falling surface.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#11]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But as a black man, I really don't give a fuck what some dipshit on the internet thinks about code words and inferred meaning of internet posts.   If I did...  I'd be a liberal.  
View Quote

You and i Sir could have a beer !
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you posting this from Target, wearing Nike shoes picking up a 12-pack of Bud Light?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only people who don’t read that post and think “well this all seems pretty obvious and reasonable” are, well, probably racist.

Are you posting this from Target, wearing Nike shoes picking up a 12-pack of Bud Light?

Careful, you're going to get banned.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Since I was invited back, I have tried to toe the line with coc.  I will admit to a few booboos, but I have respected and tried.  No I am fearful of accidently stepping on a landmine leading to an account violation or ban.  I hope the provide more details in the coc section or at least a list.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So what your saying is….your afraid so your gonna pussy foot your way around free speech to appease the government?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
perfectly fine as long as they aren't referred to with racist terms. I don't understand the need to refer to people that way to get a point across..
a group of white people commit a crime..no racist terms used.
a group pf black people commit the same crime and racist terms abound.    that is the issue..
folks need to remember..big brother is watching this site and will use any excuse to shut it down..we aren't going to let that happen..and people that don't care or work towards causing that will be gone.

So what your saying is….your afraid so your gonna pussy foot your way around free speech to appease the government?

Exactly. But it's definitely not a first ammendment issue when private industry self sensors because they are afraid of what Big Brother might do to them.

What a fucking idiotic position on the part of the staff.

They need to admit they are sensitive, don't like half of the users and would like us to shut up and just talk about only the things they are comfortable with.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Some of the distinctions outlined are going to be either impossible to enforce, or egregiously enforced. As if the media coverage will be any different if one throws a "some", "many", etc. in front of these descriptive, factual statements.

We already have "Karen" being an exception
Not an enviable task for the mods, whichever way it goes

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Nothing will happen....
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don’t people who commit horrible crimes with animal like behaviors become “savages” , according to your logic ?
View Quote

Stop trying to make sense.   They've already decided not to make sense or be consistent and rational.  It's about not goring sacred cows.  Who has made them sacred and for what reason?

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Exactly. But it's definitely not a first ammendment issue when private industry self sensors because they are afraid of what Big Brother might do to them.

They need to admit they are sensitive, don't like half of the users and would like us to shut up and just talk about only the things they are comfortable with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
perfectly fine as long as they aren't referred to with racist terms. I don't understand the need to refer to people that way to get a point across..
a group of white people commit a crime..no racist terms used.
a group pf black people commit the same crime and racist terms abound.    that is the issue..
folks need to remember..big brother is watching this site and will use any excuse to shut it down..we aren't going to let that happen..and people that don't care or work towards causing that will be gone.

Mods voted Biden.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
White mayosapian slave owners at it again.
View Quote

is a mayosapian a mayotanker with no mayo?

ah is confoosed
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#22]
yeah, for sure.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Dammit.  I enjoy this site now every one is gonna get banned except the mods ??
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#24]
One of our esteemed members is absolutely correct...

Never in history has any civilization worried themselves to a physically ill state as to not offend a group of people.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So today YouTube banned me for one day when I commented on a video of the sister of the 4 guys that tried stealing the bike from that Nurse in NJ.

She was trying to say that they DIDNT DO anything wrong.

Except the evidence she brought actually proved that were actually trying to steal that bike from her.

I basically said « oh, that’s what the sisters of D word looks like ? Boom. Insta ban.

And it was the textbook definition of the “my brother didn’t do” excuse, that had nothing to do with her skin color.

I guess Arfcom is now like YouTube.

Geez
View Quote

I caught a timeout on Twitter (again!) for a snarky comment, not in the least racist (albeit, a little sexist, to be sure). I told them to fuck off, that I'd never click the delete button - and I mean it.

Pisses me off that so much news from there is now a major PITA to access. Folks here post links and I need to use a different browser to read them.

And true enough, I really miss the arfcom of old. You really had to work hard to catch a warning or a timeout. Those days are gone, for sure (although, I do understand these are different times, but it definitely sucks sometimes).
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sorry but you just destroyed your own definition of why certain words are banned.
View Quote

Exactly.  

This applies to the feelings and sensitivities of all, or the feelings of none.  

That word you reference, is a pejorative against someone of a clear race and gender.  

The anti-Slavic slurs commonly used by certain members here are another issue that I find the lack of official reply to, interesting, to say the least.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I do not disagree with you, regarding no right to not be offended.    

What I’m looking for is if the intent is to enforce the rule consistently.   If so?    I have no argument.  

However, if the rule means that other minorities will still be subject to ridicule without recourse, then it is obvious that the intent of the new rule is simply a charade due to political pressure, or trying to gain points by participating in the latest fad.  

The rule, as it is being clarified, inherently, is about ‘feelings’ and ‘perception’.     Either all feelings and perceptions matter, or none matter.  
View Quote

Then we are in no form of disagreement I guess
I’m with you
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get what you're trying to do here, because I've seen exactly the behavior you're trying to stop and it is overtly racist as fuck. But man if this isn't the most slippery of slopes!

*to clarify, by slope I meant
noun
a surface of which one end or side is at a higher level than another; a rising or falling surface.

https://i.imgur.com/KOG8pcX.gif

Didn't you know that gif is about a famous white person laughing at a protected black immigrant who accidentally hurt himself?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I caught a timeout on Twitter (again!) for a snarky comment, not in the least racist (albeit, a little sexist, to be sure). I told them to fuck off, that I'd never click the delete button - and I mean it.

Pisses me off that so much news from there is now a major PITA to access. Folks here post links and I need to use a different browser to read them.

And true enough, I really miss the arfcom of old. You really had to work hard to catch a warning or a timeout. Those days are gone, for sure (although, I do understand these are different times, but it definitely sucks sometimes).
View Quote

some would call it selling out
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Who knew that "Don't use underhanded racial slurs" would be a controversial issue.

Also if you think that free speech applies to private entities, I assume that you have accomplished very little in life.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cracker ass honkies gonna cracker ass honkey.
View Quote
Excuse me sir.  We prefer "Saltine American."
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Gun owners breathing hurts the 2a cause. Everything makes firearms enthusiasts look bad. I stopped going to the range because I don't own a tux, and didn't want to hurt gun owners images.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you guys want to express racism, just go to Stormfront. Otherwise, it just hurts the 2A cause and makes firearm enthusiasts look bad.

It's all part of the soft march toward equating everything conservative as racist or terrorist, or some other kind of "ist" which comes down to saying or thinking what Marxists don't like.

By next year, being a registered Republican will be a hate crime. It's already a thought crime.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got an account warning for telling someone to shove their CoC violation against me up their ass not long ago.

Not kidding.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What about posting Russians are animals/barbarians/subhuman/whatever and need to be wiped off the face of the earth?

Is that still gtg?
View Quote

That seems racist!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Who knew that "Don't use underhanded racial slurs" would be a controversial issue.

Also if you think that free speech applies to private entities, I assume that you have accomplished very little in life.
View Quote

You're a "Therapist" arnt you?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Since I was invited back, I have tried to toe the line with coc.  I will admit to a few booboos, but I have respected and tried.  No I am fearful of accidently stepping on a landmine leading to an account violation or ban.  I hope the provide more details in the coc section or at least a list.
View Quote

They will not do a list because the words change. Make a list and people will invent a new one. That's how Amish became a bad word here.

It's obvious they are just scared and have decided to make it worse by "just doing SOMETHING!" so they will shoot from the hip and ban people for things they've seen posted a billion times and piss off most of the user base.

All while gaining exactly ZERO supporters from the left or anyone that doesn't want a site like ARFCOM to exist whatsoever.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#38]
This thread is a great way to kick off the fucking weekend. I can’t wait for people to start drunk posting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#40]
When someone is banned, is their membership pro-rated and the balance refunded?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
this has absolutely nothing to do with free speech which btw doesn't apply here.
it has everything to do with GD being over run with racist crap.
it's coming to an end and if you feel that is infringing on your right to free speech I don't know what to tell you.
View Quote

You and your masters must have a drastically different definition if "over run with racist crap" than the majority of us.

Let's not pretend this is anything more than your ownership wanting to shirk risk by making this place less less and more vanilla, and you and the rest of the staff toeing the line.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don’t people who commit horrible crimes with animal like behaviors become “savages” , according to your logic ?
View Quote

Certain things offend people differently. For example, I know that dehumanizing Russians by calling them “Orcs” bothers you. Making blanket statements about American ethnic groups bothers me. Maybe we’re opposites. Maybe it’s best to not say racist things.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Compared to the arc backup Telegram chat, GD is a saint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Is pointing out the prevalence of gay homosexuality in the state of Texas considered racist now
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've been kicked off crackbook twice for saying "I'll kick your ass" to friends.
View Quote

The last one I appealed and wrote fuck you and your bullshit rules in the comments section. Waiting to see if it is permanent after they read it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Exactly.  

This applies to the feelings and sensitivities of all, or the feelings of none.  

That word you reference, is a pejorative against someone of a clear race and gender.  

The anti-Slavic slurs commonly used by certain members here are another issue that I find the lack of official reply to, interesting, to say the least.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Do not use terms such as “feral,” “subhuman,” “savages” etc. to describe any group of people
View Quote

This part is a stretch.  I mean, sure to citiots it may be a racist thing, but feral people are legit feral people and could be considered subhuman or savage while not having a fucking thing to do with race.

Do not make negative statements about ALL members of a group people based on isolated incidents or even on overall general statistics of that group.
View Quote

This part doesn't belong there despite the explanation.  Pretty fucking insulting to tell the truth.  If someone is that dumb, just ban them instead of implying this is a board problem.  

but whatever
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Complaints from Democratic Underground non-members spamming heard and obeyed.  Just say “some” Amish or
“some” non-binary…
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Every US Marine I’ve met likes fat chicks, eats crayons and likes to drink Bud Light.

Sad state of affairs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This thread is a great way to kick off the fucking weekend. I can’t wait for people to start drunk posting.
View Quote

Why wait? Took today off and started drinking during lunch!
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top