BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 9/20/2019 9:47:25 PM EDT
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/atf-admits-lacked-authority-issue-172200417.html

Aposhian v. Barr, et al.

Washington, D.C., Sept. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Congress has not prohibited bump stocks, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) has made them illegal with a Final Rule issued without statutory authority. In a noteworthy development, ATF’s latest court filing admits that it lacked rulemaking authority under the Gun Control Act and National Firearms Act to issue a legislative rule. ATF thus now agrees with NCLA that the district court below was wrong on this point of law.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.  Wonder if they will get their dick slapped.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
We all knew that and were saying that.  That is why the NRA's strategy of stopping the ban legislation that the Republicans were pushing and kicking it back to the ATF was a great strategy.  No one expected Trump to make it his personal mission to ban bump stocks and order the DOJ to change the definition of machine gun to include them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Muh bumpstocks!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m sure everything will be a-okay ricky-tick.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
So they are legal again?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Now how many turned them in or destroyed  ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so now what happens?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they are legal again?
View Quote
Of course not!  Gov't knows what it is doing!

I think....
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#10]
FFS...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]
King be prasident  now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I want my money for two !
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot mine all the time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We all knew that and were saying that.  That is why the NRA's strategy of stopping the ban legislation that the Republicans were pushing and kicking it back to the ATF was a great strategy.  No one expected Trump to make it his personal mission to ban bump stocks and order the DOJ to change the definition of machine gun to include them.
View Quote
For anyone who looked at the issue this was clear.

Personally, I think Trump knew this would be the result, but was feeling “in the moment” the need to do something to derail real “common sense” gun control.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Huh.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
so we can un bury them?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it safe to go fishing?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shoot mine all the time.
View Quote
*snort*
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
this seems like a big deal that could actually go someplace.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is it safe to go fishing?
View Quote
Not quite yet, but soon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Personally, I think Trump knew this would be the result, but was feeling "in the moment" the need to do something to derail real "common sense" gun control.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I think Trump knew this would be the result, but was feeling "in the moment" the need to do something to derail real "common sense" gun control.
Trump lashes out at anyone that might make him look bad.  The largest mass shooting happened on his watch and he said he made it his personal mission to do something meaningful and not just something that feels good.  It is almost as if Trump blamed the NRA and the gun industry for allowing it to happen and make him look bad.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
87 total.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://imgur.com/aBdAs7m
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#29]
87d chess,Trump knew it was beyond their authority but egged them on anyway knowing they couldn't resist.. Now they get their Pee Pee smacked legally and possibly have some of their other decisions overturned...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#30]
When I first read the link I thought ...is this legit? And why have I  not heard about this in the last 2 days?

Followed the links to the New Civil Liberties Alliance page and they appear to be the real thing
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Where is the bumpsaw dude? If this works out I have some shopping to do.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Of course not!  Gov't knows what it is doing!

I think....
View Quote
So the ATF said the change was unlawful, now are they gonna keep enforcing the unlawful decision?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Didn't someone become the first person to be arrested for owning one very recently?  Is this his case?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#34]
So, when will the ATF reimburse me for the 4,328 bump stocks I owned and had to destroy?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Trump lashes out at anyone that might make him look bad.  The largest mass shooting happened on his watch and he said he made it his personal mission to do something meaningful and not just something that feels good.  It is almost as if Trump blamed the NRA and the gun industry for allowing it to happen and make him look bad.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

IIRC, the senior leadership of the NRA made the recommendation.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they get reparations?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Didn't someone become the first person to be arrested for owning one very recently?  Is this his case?
View Quote
He was arrested for being a violent dangerous nutbag, prohibited from owning firearms and happened to have a bumpstock too, so it got tacked on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
so we can un bury them?
View Quote
I doubt very many people buried them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Tag...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Who whoa, hole up, what the fuck, no shit. Fuck I can't wait till the sh, nothing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote
Yup, they advised him to do it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So, when will the ATF reimburse me for the 4,328 bump stocks I owned and had to destroy?
View Quote
I hope the ATF gets spanked hard if this keeps going our way. A business in Texas destroyed a ton of them before the ruling went into effect.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Largest? Kek.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Jesus. So what now? This country is clown shoes
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Awwww, SWIRE's telling stories again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Largest? Kek.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Largest? Kek.
What shooting spree in the US was larger?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Well this is a interesting thread.

Do something you know isn’t legal . Admit that it wasn’t right nor legal
 And for the finale  I speculate they will just keep up the scam.  Who is going to be the test case
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
87d chess,Trump knew it was beyond their authority but egged them on anyway knowing they couldn't resist.. Now they get their Pee Pee smacked legally and possibly have some of their other decisions overturned...
View Quote
Egged them on? The ATF went to Sessions twice telling him they didn’t have the authority to do it and did two comment periods trying to avoid doing it. This is why it took a year to get them banned they were fighting Trump on this.

Trump had Sessions put more pressure on the ATF until they ignored the rules an comments and rewrote the definition.

This was all confirmed by Rick Vasquez at the ATF.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I'm saying the same thing that I have said from day 1.  Now there is another news story that backs it up.  Or do you think lawsuits by GOA and New Civil Liberties Alliance on the grounds the ATF lacked the authority are bullshit?  If those lawsuits have merit then clearly the underlying sentiment has always been the ATF never had authority and kicking it back to them was a dead end, which would be a good strategy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top