Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I suspect if this was a broader push to reclassify braces they would have went after the SBA3, which is clearly the most popular brace on the market. The Q Honey Badger is a high end, fairly uncommon niche firearm. It seems odd for the ATF to single them out. If the issue ends up simply being that the LOP is over their arbitrary limit then all Q has to do is shorten the brace slightly and they're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Mutha-effin’ OST.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suspect if this was a broader push to reclassify braces they would have went after the SBA3, which is clearly the most popular brace on the market. The Q Honey Badger is a high end, fairly uncommon niche firearm. It seems odd for the ATF to single them out. If the issue ends up simply being that the LOP is over their arbitrary limit then all Q has to do is shorten the brace slightly and they're good to go.
View Quote

The LOP limit that is not written anywhere in the United States code?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So will everyone be very angry? Or will they get thrown under the bus like "Muh Bumpstock"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is just the tip of this massive iceberg. In the near future they will be coming hard and fast for the brace/pistol crowd with a vengeance.

So will everyone be very angry? Or will they get thrown under the bus like "Muh Bumpstock"?

There are a helluva lot more pistol braces out there than bump stocks.   They are immensely popular (especially with the poors, lol)
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the CFR or anywhere on paper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Low hanging fruit, for the reasons you mentioned, for the JBTs. They don't think it will piss off that many people if they go after the richies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Applies to the Mini-Fix and Sugar Weasel as well. Read the letter.

Letter
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Government Magic:

Poof! We have just created thousands more felons for our dogs to prosecute.
View Quote

More dogs to shoot and people to burn alive in their homes. More 12 year olds to shoot in the back, and mothers holding infants to snipe at.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess gun owners will have to "compromise" again-you know,give up something,so we get to keep what's left. Until the next "compromise"...
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This back and forth bullshit just makes me care less and less about gun laws
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

> ATF

> We legislators now

> pick up that can
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else filling out a Form 1 right now?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The ATF can make interpretations of law and enforce their interpretations with criminal charges and confiscation of property at will. They can even change interpretations they have previously put in writing to manufacturers. Basically they can do whatever they want and are not subject to any oversight.
View Quote

I know... that ambiguity and the capricious real time interpretation is a huge part of the problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Like others have said, it's probably the LOP.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

SB tactical makes the Honey Badger brace, its not a coincidence they look extremely similar.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone else filling out a Form 1 right now?
View Quote

Do you own one? Please measure the length of pull for us
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is my guess as well.   Nothing else about it is unusual.

Even the 13" LOP "limit" hasn't been expressly stipulated, so this should shake that out?
View Quote
How is LOP measured, from where to where?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_0954_JPG-1623108.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_9119_JPG-1623109.JPG

I think at this point a solid argument can be made that SBR and SBS laws are stupid and pointless. Pistol braces and "firearms" that are 14" barreled shotguns have been around and very popular for about eight years now and there has not been any adverse effects through their use in regards to violent crime. The NFA is a tax scheme and a violation of the 2nd.
View Quote

https://i.imgur.com/cdgOyed.gifv
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Feel bad for the 87 people who own them.

Yes, that's envy for the few who have one, and yes I really really want a badger.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#20]
This is why AR pistols are stupid.  Just SBR them and you don't have worry about Trump and the ATF making them illegal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hope for a Trump win,so the 12 year assault on our 2nd Amendment ends!!!
View Quote

12 years?

try 80 years..
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The ATF has trouble with the telescoping pistol brace.
View Quote

I have heard rumblings of this as well.  When I bought my first pistol two different FFL holders told me "Fixed brace good; telescoping brace bad".  Even though both are/were legal(?) they were of the opinion that easily adjustable braces would one day be declared "stocks."

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like the ATF is struggling with a fundamental understanding of their role in American society.

Come to think of it, I am too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also thought Kevin was the CEO? What happened there?
View Quote

Go back under your rock
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

We'll see, but that sounds like wishful thinking. The dominoes might be gettin' ready to fall.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know... that ambiguity and the capricious real time interpretation is a huge part of the problem.
View Quote

At least the IRS and EPA are more or less consistent about following their own rulings. If the IRS acted like the ATF they would audit you for returns you filed that were correct when you filed them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#27]
And if an ATF agent or 10 are shot in the face, there will be weeping and wailing, here, for those brave LEOs. Mourning for their poor family. Calls for the shooter to be dismembered and burnt alive.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OST
View Quote

What does that stand for?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is why AR pistols are stupid.  Just SBR them and you don't have worry about Trump and the ATF making them illegal.
View Quote

Lol

Cute that you believe paying the man will make you immune.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have SBR’s and the ATF fucking with people over this is fucking stupid
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This back and forth bullshit just makes me care less and less about gun laws
View Quote

Pretty much this........FATF
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

trigger face to end of stock/brace, obviously fully extended
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Novekse also sells pistols with the same brace.

The length of pull is my guess as well. Does anyone own one of these lowers that can measure?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And if an ATF agent or 10 are shot in the face, there will be weeping and wailing, here, for those brave LEOs. Mourning for their poor family. Calls for the shooter to be dismembered and burnt alive.
View Quote

And this is true also.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#35]
The "Chevron deference" is some made up .gov bullshit that needs to be struck down now.

Legislative branch has been hiding behind it ever since it became "doctrine".
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my guess as well.   Nothing else about it is unusual.

Even the 13" LOP "limit" hasn't been expressly stipulated, so this should shake that out?

Trigger to shouldering point.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Face of the trigger to the rear-most portion of the brace end.

Lots of major gun manufacturers attach braces as standard to their weapons.   If this was a broad move against braces, we’d see a LOT more notices than just this particular one.

The Honey Badger brace looks WAY over the “suggested” limit of 13”, especially in its extended position.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Additionally, we encourage you to reach out to the White House and ask President Trump to halt and rollback ATF's efforts to issue arbitrary and capricious decisions affecting millions of legal gun owners.
White House Comment Line:
(202) 456-1111 / Email

LMAO.

Shirley you can't be serious???
View Quote
Makes me think that this is a hoax.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Novekse also sells pistols with the same brace.

The length of pull is my guess as well. Does anyone own one of these lowers that can measure?

Where, exactly, is the "allowable" length of pull codified?

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have SBR’s and the ATF fucking with people over this is fucking stupid
View Quote

Going after the smugglers on the southern border violating hundreds of federal laws and ITAR is dangerous though compared to making some middle aged men spend an extra $200 on a product that was legal when they bought it. It's not even like the ATF has a shortage of real criminals with all of the felons straw buying every day and gangs transporting weapons across state lines by the boatload.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

We can't have NFA items in NY, I have an AR pistol though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Need precedence to build a broader case on later.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

In our system of jurisprudence, we settle these debates in court, not by homicide.

You know, civilization and shit.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do you own one? Please measure the length of pull for us
View Quote

Nah, too poor. I was referring to a potential generic arm brace ban.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#47]
dear ATF

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There is oversight, the House is too busy with peach mint to care.
View Quote

The House? Is Trey Gowdy going to yap them to death?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_0954_JPG-1623108.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG_9119_JPG-1623109.JPG

I think at this point a solid argument can be made that SBR and SBS laws are stupid and pointless. Pistol braces and "firearms" that are 14" barreled shotguns have been around and very popular for about eight years now and there has not been any adverse effects through their use in regards to violent crime. The NFA is a tax scheme and a violation of the 2nd.
View Quote

Stamps are a poll tax, completely unconstitutional...
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Capricious regulation results in capricious compliance.  

Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top