Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 49
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:

There is another gent on YT that's neck deep in this and really seems to do deep research, and months ago he reported Stellantis docs that showed the 6.2 SC Hemi was definitely slated to carry on into 2025 and maybe past. He's a younger black gent that speaks with a lot of slang, so it would not surprise me if many older white guys in the community might not watch his vids - but man he seems to know his shit. Anyway, he's the one I learned more detail about how they are paying absolutely insane gov fees that made all of the gazillion 5.7s and 6.4s (because their production numbers are much greater) to be not even remotely near as revenue generating as most folks might think, even though they were selling em hand over fist.

Personally I don't know if the Hurricane is actually giving them more problems than they initially expected, or if they are finally reconsidering it might be a better business model to stick to making masses of V8s to chase more revenue at slimmer margins, or maybe even if they are thinking the admin might change with the election, and the gov penalty fees might go away in a couple years, but yeah, I've generally heard the same, and hope it's true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJmeSm5_cY

There is another gent on YT that's neck deep in this and really seems to do deep research, and months ago he reported Stellantis docs that showed the 6.2 SC Hemi was definitely slated to carry on into 2025 and maybe past. He's a younger black gent that speaks with a lot of slang, so it would not surprise me if many older white guys in the community might not watch his vids - but man he seems to know his shit. Anyway, he's the one I learned more detail about how they are paying absolutely insane gov fees that made all of the gazillion 5.7s and 6.4s (because their production numbers are much greater) to be not even remotely near as revenue generating as most folks might think, even though they were selling em hand over fist.

Personally I don't know if the Hurricane is actually giving them more problems than they initially expected, or if they are finally reconsidering it might be a better business model to stick to making masses of V8s to chase more revenue at slimmer margins, or maybe even if they are thinking the admin might change with the election, and the gov penalty fees might go away in a couple years, but yeah, I've generally heard the same, and hope it's true.

It has occurred to me that if Trump wins, he'll presumably roll back a lot of those regulations like he did the first time he was elected. IIRC reversing that was one of Biden's day one moves. Perhaps the auto industry, or at least the folks at Stellantis are betting on a Trump victory?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Butter Da Insider?

He shares info with TK, OC, and a few others.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't messed with it, but from the vids I've watched, it might possibly be a trick of choosing the launch RPM to best jibe with one's tires, the surface, and maybe the temps. I was reading in a HC forum where some of those diehard bros were getting their best times using it. God knows around where I live I can't experiment with all that on our roads.
View Quote

Even when I set my RPM down to 1500, still felt like I was getting wheel spin but likely user error!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone is by chance chasing a leftover 23 HC, you might wanna check out Koons Jeep/Dodge in Tysons Corner VA - I was surfing the other day and noticed they have a literal fleet of them.

I suspect they must have some kind of pull with Stellantis, or just really aggressive buyers. I recall back when we bought our Charger from them, and they had a fleet of Trackhawks, and the sales dude told us they had secured all of the remaining available ones at that time back then.

View Quote

I'd be willing to bet that they are screwing buyers & that's why they aren't selling any of them...
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flphKm6OBvg
View Quote

I've seen this and, frankly, suspected the same.  My cars dyno has definitely hit 500 before.  I tried it after I saw this video.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#10]
At what percentage do you change your engine oil???

I usually do mine at 15-20%.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#11]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:
At what percentage do you change your engine oil???

I usually do mine at 15-20%.

View Quote

my meter never gets that low, I don't drive the car all that much.  B/c mine was bought new I try to stick pretty close to the requirement to avoid fucking up my warranty.  Warranty gone soon, so then I'll let it go down to something like that.

In our JGC we let it go down to about the same as you.

the resident oil expert (foxtrot I think) has had discussions on this.  While it isn't going to hurt the car to change it more frequently, oils have advanced to a point where, depending on the car, they do not degrade as fast as oil change schedules would imply.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you by chance do a thread in bobistheoilguy on oil intervals for the 6.4 too? I was surfing one night, came across it, and the pic looked kinda like your SP?
View Quote

that wasn't me but I did ask some questions in a relevant arfcom thread about the 6.4 specifically.

general consensus is 6 months is darn early but nobody wants to cock up their warranty lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a good deal if it's a set of 4 (275's) & you're in Northern VA;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone is by chance chasing a leftover 23 HC, you might wanna check out Koons Jeep/Dodge in Tysons Corner VA - I was surfing the other day and noticed they have a literal fleet of them.

I suspect they must have some kind of pull with Stellantis, or just really aggressive buyers. I recall back when we bought our Charger from them, and they had a fleet of Trackhawks, and the sales dude told us they had secured all of the remaining available ones at that time back then.

View Quote

That's who I bought my '22 Challenger Hellcat from and had it shipped cross country.  3% under invoice and loaded, saved thousands over what it was gonna cost me from my local dealer, whose a scumbag and won't ever touch it anyway...
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

Time will tell, but this data presents a bit like the early stages of the plight of Buick Grand Nationals that got parked when new. Hellcats will certainly be collectibles in the future, but the return they deliver will be primarily driven by the entry price.

Oh, yeah! The GNs stayed low for super nice examples for a very long time IMO. All the guys packing them away just caused a large supply of super nice ones to always be on the market. I couldn't be more thrilled with this comparison.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 12:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Teddydog] [#21]
My local dealer has a blue HC Last Call (non-Widebody) for about $73k.  They've had it for a couple of months.  That's 10k under what I paid for my 22 with very similar specs in Oct 2022.

rob
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Debating on trading in my Scatpack on a Maverick to dump my payment, gas, and insurance. True story
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tcmass:
Debating on trading in my Scatpack on a Maverick to dump my payment, gas, and insurance. True story
View Quote

I've heard the Maverick has issues - plus it isn't worth the $30-40K that they want for it now - it's a $20K truck.

Might want to wait to see if Toyota releases the Stout next year.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#24]
TK says Stellantis is about to cut prices significantly on all the 23's still on lots.

Stellantis Earnings Cut By Almost Half! This Is Worse Than Even I Thought. Wow!
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#25]
If they actually cut prices in half, I'll be thinking hard about a Charger or Challenger.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#26]
TK says Stellantis is about to cut prices significantly on all the 23's still on lots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiD-4uCN9qQ
View Quote

Grumpy cat good. Been keeping some dry powder for this, who knows maybe I'll get two of them in diff colors to match my shirts of the day hahaha
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#27]
With the 1064hp zr1 coming, I wonder if the prices will drop even further on the helllcats. Perception is everything and 800hp isn't going to impress as much as it once did.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Had a guy detail it yesterday (he drives a white SXT) - just got the pics;

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Dealers dropping Stellantis, Stellantis sues to avoid following NC buyback law.

Stellantis Sue's Dealer Trying To Prevent Buy Back Of Inventory As Dealers Abandon Stellantis

In today's video I talk about Stellantis suing a NC Dealer for enforcing the North Carolina law forcing Stellantis to buy back all inventory left remaining. This would cost Stellantis 180 million or more. Stellantis is trying to get a court to stop this action because they know this is just one of several auto groups considering doing the same. Stellantis own games with inventory brought this upon themselves.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#31]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfnn24ti7c

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfnn24ti7c

In today's video I talk about Stellantis suing a NC Dealer for enforcing the North Carolina law forcing Stellantis to buy back all inventory left remaining. This would cost Stellantis 180 million or more. Stellantis is trying to get a court to stop this action because they know this is just one of several auto groups considering doing the same. Stellantis own games with inventory brought this upon themselves.

If that guy's insider info claims are true, then Dodge, and Chrysler are in huge trouble. Stellantis might have to sell them off just to make investors happy by the end of this.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#32]
My 2017 Scat Pack hit 504 on the car's dyno.  It's been well known for a while Dodge underrates them slightly.  Idk why, but I've heard some say for insurance purposes and that 500hp is some number that if you go over it on a car it increases insurance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Here's an article on "MOPAR Insiders" regarding the NC lawsuit that IMO explains the dispute in a non-emotional and less speculative manner:  linky
View Quote

hmm, yeah Stellantis may have a case here if their claims are accurate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Leaked pricing on the new Dodge Charger EV.

Nobody is going to downgrade from a Tesla Plaid to this joke.

These will be parked next to all the Hornets that also aren't selling...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Leaked pricing on the new Dodge Charger EV.

Nobody is going to downgrade from a Tesla Plaid to this joke.

These will be parked next to all the Hornets that also aren't selling...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/0022_jpg-3284369.JPG
View Quote

and they're still using the Scat Pack branding?  My ooof meter is in the red.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

and they're still using the Scat Pack branding?  My ooof meter is in the red.
View Quote

That's for the EV performance version.

For the Hurricane twin turbo 6 they're calling it the "6-pak" to destroy that name too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Here's an article on "MOPAR Insiders" regarding the NC lawsuit that IMO explains the dispute in a non-emotional and less speculative manner:  linky

It could get ugly for a lot of folks depending on how far this goes. Chrysler and other manufacturers have pushed this sort of thing because they can count the cars which go into the "loaner fleet" etc. as sold. That helps them out in a big way. I forget which manufacturer was recently trying to bribe dealers to take the cars and put them into loaner fleets. It wasn't something I would take the bait on if I were running a dealership, but I'm sure some did.

I can't imagine what the floorplan costs are on over 3K vehicles. Yikes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#42]

That's for the EV performance version.

For the Hurricane twin turbo 6 they're calling it the "6-pak" to destroy that name too.
View Quote

Anyone who's gonna buy one of those faggatrons sure does not even know what a 6 pak is not care.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

It could get ugly for a lot of folks depending on how far this goes. Chrysler and other manufacturers have pushed this sort of thing because they can count the cars which go into the "loaner fleet" etc. as sold. That helps them out in a big way. I forget which manufacturer was recently trying to bribe dealers to take the cars and put them into loaner fleets. It wasn't something I would take the bait on if I were running a dealership, but I'm sure some did.

I can't imagine what the floorplan costs are on over 3K vehicles. Yikes.
View Quote

Dodge/Stellantis did that - which is why all the remaining 23 Challenger/Chargers at most dealers are in the used section with 500 miles on them.

The SEC is watching this lawsuit.

Dodge is going to have to settle this before it goes to discovery, otherwise they're going to have to admit stock manipulation.

---

Chinese company BYD is now trying to buy Dodge/Chrysler, which would be another disaster.

The best thing that could happen is if Elon steps in to buy them.
He can just build Hemis without penalty because he already has all the carbon credits from Tesla.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I have not been following it too closely, but isn't the buy back lawsuit an North Caroline specific case, regarding NC specific law? I guess I'm saying, not necessarily all states are gonna have buy back laws written into code for auto dealers?

View Quote

Stellantis is arguing that the dealer group bought their huge inventory by fraudulently claiming that a lot of it was sold fleet vehicles - therefore they don't have to buy it back.
Stellantis' problem is that they don't have clean hands - they did all kinds of shit to manipulate the stock - like having dealers "buy" their own inventory from themselves (off their floor plan) & put it in used inventory.
If it goes to discovery all this will come out in court records - then the SEC will have all the proof they need.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I think I already know the answer , but is there any chance in hell that the ICE versions might offer an AWD version?
View Quote

ICE version will never be made.
The hurricane engine has design flaws that is already showing itself in the Jeeps.
Dodge is finished after this, unless someone steps up and buys it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm having a bit of an internal crisis right now.  I mean not really, more like first world problems, but I'm sort of thinking of selling my Scat Pack.

The return on it is somewhat favorable right now and I'm in hardcore saving mode lately.  I've also only put 13.5k miles on it since bought new in 2020.  

I'd keep my GTI and just drive that for a while until I figure out what to do.  Maybe see what rates do in the next couple years and downsize to one car but make it a more well rounded choice, like a fast AF sedan.

On the flipside, I still like driving it and, while I still owe some money on it, the rate is fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:35:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm having a bit of an internal crisis right now.  I mean not really, more like first world problems, but I'm sort of thinking of selling my Scat Pack.

The return on it is somewhat favorable right now and I'm in hardcore saving mode lately.  I've also only put 13.5k miles on it since bought new in 2020.  

I'd keep my GTI and just drive that for a while until I figure out what to do.  Maybe see what rates do in the next couple years and downsize to one car but make it a more well rounded choice, like a fast AF sedan.

On the flipside, I still like driving it and, while I still owe some money on it, the rate is fantastic.
View Quote

If you're going to dump it, you'd better act fast.
Page / 49
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top