BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My ex wife was a horrible driver and was in multiple accidents.  But she never did that to me while driving.

The most recent long term girlfriend, now ex as well, would sometimes do the over reaction thing. But not very often.  She was a pretty decent driver overall.

The current girlfriend hasn't shown signs of this and I suspect she never will.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZPLINKER:

Someone got caught responding while the wife was looking over their shoulder.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZPLINKER:
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
If the person who knows you best acts like that when you're driving, maybe you should drive better.

Someone got caught responding while the wife was looking over their shoulder.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:

The next time she does this turn traction control off and start ripping high speed drifts until she agrees with you that your previous driving was actually pretty safe all things considered. It wouldn't hurt to throw in a sweet sweet J turn or 2 as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
Originally Posted By markfall:
As long as I've known her and driven her anywhere, she can't seem to help herself. Brake lights 200 yards in front of us? She's digging her heels into the floorboards and grabbing the center console and door handle for dear life. Someone drifts into my lane on the highway a bit, she starts yelling my name in a "pay the fuck attention" tone. Someone jumps their turn at the 4 way stop after I've started moving, "WATCHOUT!!!!!". Today we are pulling onto the main road off the side road we live on and someone turns left off the main road onto the  side road and cuts into our lane. Guy was probably three feet into our lane as he whipped in. Loses her ever loving mind. Tells me "You were pulling out in front of him!". I can't, guys. I'm supposed to drive into NYC tomorrow with her, and I'm not mentally prepared for it. I've told here over, and over, and over that when she does this, I assume someone is about to die, and I'm worried one day I'm going to jerk the wheel in response to her screaming bloody murder, and I'm going to get us all killed. She's neurotic for sure, and I deal with it. This is too much though. The thing is I am always the driver when we're together, and I've never had an accident to her one. Debating if I should hand her the keys for the trip tomorrow and let her handle the whole thing. Am I alone in this? Anyone have similar issues? Thanks for coming to my vent session.

The next time she does this turn traction control off and start ripping high speed drifts until she agrees with you that your previous driving was actually pretty safe all things considered. It wouldn't hurt to throw in a sweet sweet J turn or 2 as well.

My wife freaks out sometimes, but not to that degree. She gets nervous when I get too close to the car in front of me. She about lost her mind when I turned off the traction control and went sliding through intersection on Ft. Drum during the Snowpacolypse of 2023 in my old Grand Marquis.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
When I drive? No

But when she’s on the back of one of my Harleys it’s mildly entertaining
View Quote

Going down the twisty road from Edelweiss in Germany:

Her: The bike is leaning over too far!"
Me: "That's how it turns!"
Her: "Then we're going too fast!"
Me: "We're not scraping parts yet, we're fine!"
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually just jump in the passenger seat with a beer in my hand.

Keeps the peace.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, so much to the point where if we are taking her car, I make her drive so I don't have to listen to the bitching.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top