Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
New to Charleston, SC in 1991.  Mounds everywhere in the appt back yard. Kicked one over. Oh, look, how cool red ants coming out looking like a lava flow.

Owe....owe....OWE....OWE!!!!....

Same time frame, our cat was being chased by a dog. Ran out and scooped her up and she thanked me by biting the web of thumb.

Infection, red streaks up my arm....cat scratch fever. Not sure if accurately diagnosed, but the docs at sick call threw the term around. Got a shot for that one.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Brown recluse twice.

One on top of my foot didn’t leave the cliche hole, my skin just turned to ooze. I thought the bones in my foot were going to pop out of the tissue. This one I actually felt the spider bit me, saw and killed it, and took it in for identification.

The one on my thigh was the cliche gun shot looking thing. At first it was just a big lump with a scab. One night infected blood was oozing from the scab. Pulled the scab off and there was the cliche gun shot looking necrosis.

Both healed up with minimal scarring surprisingly.

Also got stung by a cicada killer. One of their sex doesn’t have venom, the other does. Anyone who says their sting compares to a wasp or bee is full of shit. My arm looked and felt like I had a golf ball under my skin, that was hit by a baseball bat, then set on fire.

Also almost died from fire ants as a kid in Florida. Don’t remember that one too clearly since I was 4. I just remember being stripped down and having everyone dump drinks on me and rub me down.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
When I lived in California I bought a used motorcycle that had a somewhat knobby rear tire.  I was riding on a back road next to a freshly-plowed field and passed over the muddy tracks of a tractor that had driven out of the field.  All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back.  It felt like I was being stabbed with an ice pick.  I stopped the bike as fast as i could and dropped it in the middle of the road and practically tore off the jacket I was wearing.

The stabbing pain stopped.  When I looked down at my jacket laying in the road, I saw one of these evil, hellish motherfuckers had been biting me right through the jacket...

Fucking potato bug (Jerusalem Cricket).  I'm surprised no one has made a horror movie using these disgusting little fucks.

Apparently it was in the soil of the tracks I'd just passed over and my rear tire caught it and tossed it up onto my back (it was partially squished).  I killed every one of the little bastards I saw after that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sitting on the bank of the creek in Medicine Park, OK.  Red headed, purple bodied fucking centipede about 6” long crawls up my leg from out of nowhere.  Going right up my towards my shorts.  I swipe at it and the fucker bit me right on the thigh. Worst pain from a bite I’ve ever had.  Felt like an electrical pulse jolting the fuck out of me for 30 min.  I puked twice.   I’ve been bitten by all the ants, wasps on the face and ear, brown recluse that got infected on my foot....this really fucking hurt.  But then after an hour it was pretty well gone.

Best part was this old broad, a stranger, was standing a few feet away chain smoking menthols watching her kids swim.  She sees me going nuts and watches the purple mother fucker slink away hopefully to Hell.  She takes a drag and in deadpan fashion says....”Those things are weird.”  I can still feel his fucking gross stabby legs crawling up my leg.
View Quote

I got bitten when I was a kid by a small Iowa centipede, about 2 inches long. I remember the pain feeling like electricity too. Felt like I grabbed an electric fence, and with a bite to the fingertip I felt the pain up to my shoulder. Interesting to see someone else with the same description.

ETA-also, when I was little(IIRC first grade) I was playing in the yard and found some kind of black beetle about an inch long, with big pinchers-jaws like the pinchers on an earwig's butt. I thought it was dead. All its legs were tucked in against the body, back was arched and the jaws were open, just sitting there. I remember wanting to show it to my mom and when it grabbed my thumb I found out it wasn't dead.

Don't know what it was to this day. I've seen pictures of stag beetles, ant lions and a lot of other bugs with major jaws like that, none have been quite the same. Grew up simply calling them "pincher bugs". Kill those motherfuckers with fire. Sure it was just defending itself but I was little, and still remember how much I screamed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Legs got ate up by fire ants, while changing a tire on the side of the interstate, in Florida.

Got attacked in Australia by meat ants, nasty little fuckers.

Been stung by bees quite a few times.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Went fishing with my Dad at Montauk Point when I was about 6. He caught a blowfish. It flopped around on the dock. He told me to stay away from it. Ignoring him, I got real close, to see it better. Stuck my finger in its mouth. It chomped down. I ran off screaming with a blowfish on my finger.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When my wife and I were first dating, we were walking along the beach and those were everywhere. I picked one up by the head and threw it at her. Hit her straight in the thing, I laughed, she was pissed. All red and burning. Who knew when they are on the beach they still hurt?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When my wife and I were first dating, we were walking along the beach and those were everywhere. I picked one up by the head and threw it at her. Hit her straight in the thing, I laughed, she was pissed. All red and burning. Who knew when they are on the beach they still hurt?

I have some scars on my side from a sting.
I thought my wife did too. Nope. Those were stretch marks.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also got stung by a cicada killer. One of their sex doesn’t have venom, the other does. Anyone who says their sting compares to a wasp or bee is full of shit. My arm looked and felt like I had a golf ball under my skin, that was hit by a baseball bat, then set on fire.
View Quote

How did you manage that? I see them all the time. Bad MFers and they know it. They always just ignore me and keep going like they've got better things to do.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I’d forgotten another unusual insect that bit the absolute shit out of me.  A katydid, of all things.  Damned thing drew blood.  Also had a squid bite my hand while culling shrimp.  Most squid didn’t survive being drug around in a net, but this one did.  After I got it loose, a little later I looked closely at a dead one and the frigging thing had a beak like a parrot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Got hit by what I assume was a brown recluse in my sleep in Texas. Eventually had a 1 inch hole in my leg.

Fuck. Spiders.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The worst I have been stung was by damn Guinea Wasps.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Fire coral in the Virgin Islands was the worst for me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]
C’mon down and get you some giant water bug.
AKA: Indian toe biter, Alligator tick

Might as well forget about getting the truck unstuck for a couple hours, and just find a dry spot to sit down.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]
A moose once bit my sister.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's because snakes are venomous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cow killer got my dumb ass on the thumb about 30 years ago.
Same with a large wolf spider, various other spiders, and a baby possum.
Never been bit by a poisonous snake, though.

This...
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Mojave Rattlesnake is venomous. Its venom is a neurotoxin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically you can get bit by a poisonous snake. It just won't hurt you as it's not venomous.

No snake is both venomous and poisonous that I'm aware of.

But the garter snake is poisonous due to the toxins it absorbs from its prey.

The Mojave Rattlesnake is venomous. Its venom is a neurotoxin.

And is a hard-hitter. The Greener The Meaner.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A moose once bit my sister.
View Quote

Special Møøse Effects:       OLAF PROT

Møøse Costumes:              SIGGI CHURCHILL

Møøse Choreographed by:      HORST PROT III

Miss Taylor's Møøses by:     HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME

Møøse trained to mix
concrete and sign com-
plicated insurance
forms by:                    JURGEN WIGG

Møøses' noses wiped by:      BJORN IRKESTOM-SLATER WALKER
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://a4.pbase.com/o6/80/938180/1/128764822.bbx4e0m1.GuineaWasp_01.jpg
View Quote

Guineas don’t pack the punch red wasps have, but they make up for that by being ill tempered.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Might as well forget about getting the truck unstuck for a couple hours, and just find a dry spot to sit down.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198286/AB2ADD5F-E2FB-4E7C-B666-F6F1E22F7A3F_jpe-1997519.JPG
View Quote

I’ve heard those are real sweethearts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Been stung by a couple hornets that was more painful but, the multiple stings I took from a nest of yellow jackets made me feel much worse.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Scorpions and yellow jackets are the worst I’ve ever had

Had a Texas redhead centipede crawl over my foot when out in the shed one day. I probably approached near supersonic velocity as I ran away from the shed and jumped about halfway to orbit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Y'all muthafuckas need some Coyote Peterson. Watch this nut let himself get bit and stung by all the worst things.
My kid loved watching these.

Here's the link to the playlist. This fucker is nuts

Worst I've had has been a scorpion on the arch of my foot. I distinctly remember thinking it felt like my dad's old hand drill boring into my arch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Bald Faced Hornet was probably the most painful.  Been stung so many times by every flying insect we have in the Northwest I lost count.  Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Hornets, Bumble Bee.  Logging and clearing brush will get you fucked up.  Nothing like clearing a brush pile and tearing up a basketball sized nest
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah, I got bit on the toe by a mysterious homosexual sock pirate.
View Quote

I saw that movie!

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Scorpion on my taint

Fucking scorpion on the end of my big toe in the shower

Tarantula hawk on my ribcage
Thought fucking with it was funny till It got me
View Quote

I wish Keith_J were still posting, he had quite the memorable encounter with a tarantula hawk while cycling.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Paper wasp sting hurt for two days. Felt like my hand got electrocuted when it stung me.
View Quote

Red wasp.  One flew in my car and I sat back into it.  Good times.

My back about a minute after it happened.
Felt like fire for a few minutes then just mainly looked worse than it was.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Assassin bug? I kill these on sight. Don't need chagas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Assassin bug? I kill these on sight. Don't need chagas.
Assassin bug???  I got hit by one of these wheel bugs years ago. Sounds weird, but that was likely the most painful thing I've ever experienced.  Don't fuck with wheel bugs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198286/AB2ADD5F-E2FB-4E7C-B666-F6F1E22F7A3F_jpe-1997519.JPG

I find a couple per year.I kill them with fire.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I was bitten by a Pterinochilus murinus more commonly known as a baboon tarantula a few years ago. They are quite defensive but I was bitten while moving one from its enclosure to do a cleaning and some ass hat ran by and bumped me while I was still holding her. She got the inside of my wrist and it looked like I had an orange for a wrist joint and shooting hot pain up my arm and down my fingers for about a week and a half.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://a4.pbase.com/o6/80/938180/1/128764822.bbx4e0m1.GuineaWasp_01.jpg
View Quote

Those things are assholes!
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh, harvester ants. I’ve been stung by them more than anything else.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How did you manage that? I see them all the time. Bad MFers and they know it. They always just ignore me and keep going like they've got better things to do.
View Quote

It was while I was mowing. I figure either the mower freaked it out, or I ran over it’s den. (They live in the ground).

It buzzed my face right after stinging me too. I figure that was it’s way of saying “fuck you buddy”.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I got bit by a green anaconda.  Not pleasant
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:26:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Wasps, yellow jackets, bees, sure. As a kid I stepped on a wasp barefoot and it stung me on the bottom of my foot, that sucked for a day or two. Also stung on the lip by a bee.

The most unusual, I suppose, would be having been bitten by an ostrich.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wasps, yellow jackets, bees, sure. As a kid I stepped on a wasp barefoot and it stung me on the bottom of my foot, that sucked for a day or two. Also stung on the lip by a bee.

The most unusual, I suppose, would be having been bitten by an ostrich.
View Quote

Lol, same. I found out that Ostriches don't like to be pet when I was a kid.

Others randoms include horse flies, a swarm of wasps, bees, a garter snake, a mole and a rabbit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yellow jacket is the worst I've had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yellow jacket is the worst I've had.

Hornet for me. Sounded like a ricochet, little dickhead whacked me and shot off before I could react.

Quoted:
Fire ants - dozens on my ankle.

Was playing golf and standing next to a tree in the rough waiting for a guy to play his shot before I went to my ball just on the right side of the fairway. Drank a lot of brews that day. Was feeling good. And then I felt a tickle on my ankle.  Looked down and I was standing on a fire ant mound. I ran into the fairway and took my shoes and socks off. Playing partners thought I went crazy.

Ankle swelled big time, probably 15-20 bites. It throbbed all night.

When I was young, if I found myself standing in a fire ant mound I'd let them bite me for a while to build up a pain tolerance to them.

For what reason, I don't know.

I was a weird kid
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When you step on them and they squeal....

Hit by a nest of yellow jackets....came back in extrication gear and poured half a gallon of gas in the hole and rejoiced as this little bastards tried to fly while on fire
View Quote

I had that happen.....  I put one of those bug zappers on the hole in the ground.  I had fun for a few hours before I sprayed the entrance with hornet spray....I was looking to see if they had made second entrance with the bug zapper but nothing got in or out.  It was taking too long so I used an alternative method.

from my understanding the best way not get stung is put like window screen type cloth over the hole at night.  Then fill up the hole with water and mix in a little dish soap as they get the hose again.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess I have to ask, is she a gluten for punishment or something else.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Scorpion on my taint

Fucking scorpion on the end of my big toe in the shower

Tarantula hawk on my ribcage
Thought fucking with it was funny till It got me
View Quote

I hear that is up on the pain scale like murder hornet pain....
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:34:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've been stung by wasps, bees, ants, scorpions (one was crawling on my face in bed), etc.
I've been bitten by feral cats, dogs, snakes, lizards (including several bites from an iguana), and a fairy penguin.
View Quote

Where was aimless.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Same.  One to the face.  Suffered some rot to the area, but was at the doctor ASAP.  Debrided twice by a dermatologist, had some CO2 laser treatments to blur the hole left behind.
View Quote

Had a girl I went to high school with have that happen either junior or senior year.  She was out for about a week of school, bit her on one of her face cheeks.  She was part of the cheerleading team.  She got bit in the middle of the night while sleeping.  Not sure how fast she got to the doctor.  She covered it with make up for a few weeks but you could still tell it happened.  A year later you couldn't tell unless she told you with no makeup.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:49:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was swallowed by a whale. Made the news and all.
View Quote

Username fits.....

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:14:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I had that happen.....  I put one of those bug zappers on the hole in the ground.  I had fun for a few hours before I sprayed the entrance with hornet spray....I was looking to see if they had made second entrance with the bug zapper but nothing got in or out.  It was taking too long so I used an alternative method.

from my understanding the best way not get stung is put like window screen type cloth over the hole at night.  Then fill up the hole with water and mix in a little dish soap as they get the hose again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When you step on them and they squeal....

Hit by a nest of yellow jackets....came back in extrication gear and poured half a gallon of gas in the hole and rejoiced as this little bastards tried to fly while on fire

I’ve had good luck with pouring gasoline down the hole, then putting a block or piece of scrap lumber on the entrance overnight.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've been shocked by an electric ray.
View Quote

Reminds me I got zapped by a Southern Stargazer once.  It was a pretty decent shock.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"
View Quote

Ha!

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Recluse bite.  

Almost lost half my calf, was ugly.  
View Quote

Just curious. Lost almost half your calf, or almost lost half your calf?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#47]
13 yellow jackets on the back when I pulled a tarp out of a trashcan.

Never been stung by a bee and I've been around millions as grandpa was a Bee Man.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was bitten by a Pterinochilus murinus more commonly known as a baboon tarantula a few years ago. They are quite defensive but I was bitten while moving one from its enclosure to do a cleaning and some ass hat ran by and bumped me while I was still holding her. She got the inside of my wrist and it looked like I had an orange for a wrist joint and shooting hot pain up my arm and down my fingers for about a week and a half.
View Quote

I looked that arachnid up (don't know why...I'm marginally phobic) and found this:

Among those who keep tarantulas as pets Pterinochilus murinus is known as "?OBT", which means "Orange Baboon Tarantula" or "Orange Bitey Thing"
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I looked that arachnid up (don't know why...I'm marginally phobic) and found this:

Among those who keep tarantulas as pets Pterinochilus murinus is known as "?OBT", which means "Orange Baboon Tarantula" or "Orange Bitey Thing"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nasty motherfuckers, is what they are. Friend of mine had one. It never got me, but it damn sure tried.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top