Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The South shall rise again, LOL!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@LawyerUp
How about the name or link to that great brewery off 77? All I see are 3rd rate strip clubs just across the border.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys just stay on 77 and come up just across the WV border to a free state. We have a good brewery locally and a great whiskey distillery.

Greenbrier Valley

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/5EA5AFAC-2438-46B7-8230-2B32E715D4C4_jpg-1504775.JPG

@LawyerUp
How about the name or link to that great brewery off 77? All I see are 3rd rate strip clubs just across the border.

Well I didn't say right "off 77." You still have to head north a little bit to get to the Greenbrier Valley area. About another hour from there.

https://www.gvbc.beer

.beer is a domain? Why didn't I know this earlier?

eta: the distillery:

https://smoothambler.com
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The black people, or Currahee?

It was the Asheville Brewing Assoc. threatening to boot them out that made them cave over the Boogbier...they were booted out anyway, lol.  Morons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Asheville has black people?  I only saw pale yuppies & hipsters when I visited.

I can see why Cuckahee Brewing folded like they did.

They’re in Franklin, not Asheville.

It was the Asheville Brewing Assoc. threatening to boot them out that made them cave over the Boogbier...they were booted out anyway, lol.  Morons.

Oooof lol
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You can throw scraps to the wolf at the door but it will soon be hungry again.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They did an awesome job with it. It is beautiful.
Sucks I'll never go back though.
View Quote

It’s in mills river.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Smelly hippies in drum circles is Asheville , what a shame
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
They should give the Biltmore estate away to fund it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not direct reparations but "community investments"

Newsflash idiots, liberal cities have been pumping dumptrucks of money into black communities for years and nothing ever changes. The people, the culture, the attitude need to change before those communities will ever change and improve.
View Quote

I don't know if I'd say nothing ever changes, seems like things have gotten worse
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Greenville, SC is next.  It will be a liberal shit hole in no time.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is how it works here in Asheville. City council emits virtue signal and then votes to create sinecures for
their pals while manipulating real estate for personal profit. Hordes of plates from WA, CA, OR, VT...the lunatics have
taken over.

Meanwhile, Asheville is more dangerous than 98% of all US cities. It was 97% but our epic rape increase
moved us up a notch! You get one guess what demographic is responsible for most of the crime and police
money being spent.

The police here are screwed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got out of a meeting with a local cop here, and apparently there's 24/7 surveillance on our town's confederate monument. Nobody's touching it. Nobody's wearing a mask here either. As a native North Carolinian, they've always been a little screwy down there, if you know what I mean. Ironically, those mountain folks didn't even support the South in the CW. Nor did they support the patriots in the American Revolution. Generally.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#12]
It's bullshit and they aren't giving direct payments.  They'll setup agencies, hire their friends, abscond with the money, and nothing will happen to the benefit of these minority neighborhoods.  They do it using the label reparations to garner votes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reparations would be great, if they came with an agreement that said, "After this, that's it.  No more.  We're done."
View Quote

An older friend used to describe leftists as not just wanting to redistribute the wealth, they want to redistribute the wealth every Saturday evening.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Asheville is the fucking worst....well the worst part of the south east area.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not direct reparations but "community investments"

Newsflash idiots, liberal cities have been pumping dumptrucks of money into black communities for years and nothing ever changes. The people, the culture, the attitude need to change before those communities will ever change and improve.
View Quote

The low income neighborhoods here have the nicest amenities...parks, pools, rec centers, libraries...that no one uses, lol.  I used to drive my bikes over to them because it was awesome, well kept, empty facilities.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Greenville, SC is next.  It will be a liberal shit hole in no time.
View Quote

We have to fight it.  Volunteer, help good local candidates, do what we can.  Greenville is under the gun, but by no means lost.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Note to self.  Open up a "giant crappy rims" store in Asheville.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Yankee blue state locusts, moving onto and destroying new lands.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oooof lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Asheville has black people?  I only saw pale yuppies & hipsters when I visited.

I can see why Cuckahee Brewing folded like they did.

They’re in Franklin, not Asheville.

Oooof lol

Lol. They deserve it after the mental gymnastics trying to justify their response.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#20]
How much money did they commit to spend?  

$0.00

This is a feel good measure that is meaningless.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Asheville was “done” a long time ago. 10 years or more. It was supposed to be a “libertarian haven” but the liberals moved in quickly.

Last I checked they were trying to run churches out of town. You know, because that’s what “libertarians” (live and let live) do.

(I say this as a small “l” libertarian who DOES believe in true libertarian principles outside of two (Borders and abortion) who was kind of rooting for this to work.)
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Current Asheville residents need to take a quick trip to Jackson, MS. They will be able to get a first hand preview of what their town will look like in less than 2 years.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It’s in mills river.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s in mills river.

Well, yeah and Oskar Blues is in Brevard, one of my other favorites, but I associate that whole area with Asheville.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why do liberals always infest and destroy the nicest places?  The Asheville area is beautiful.  Just like California.

A coworker has been talking about retiring there for years.  Lately, he's been reconsidering.  
View Quote

It’s a conservative influence vacuum. Not enough conservatives live up to their hype.  

We say all the time charities and businesses can take care of problems, but where was the last place an organized group of conservatives went around solving problems? “Well, you kinda suck at this job, let’s see if my buddy Rick can use you at the plant...” or “Come out Sunday afternoon, we’re gonna fix shit around town that would take a city crew of dopes two weeks to get to, let alone complete”.

I know that stuff occasionally happens, but conservatives need to take ownership of communities.  The easy way to do that is to take tax money from people.  The RIGHT way is to build communities through personal relationships.  

You can clearly see who’s showing up to vote for dumb shit.  

Anyway, rant off.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Make them stay and enjoy the government they elected, I don't want them in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, I'm done travelling to the area each year for their breweries I guess.
View Quote

Stay out of the city and you’ll be fine. It’s the typical leftist bubble.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#27]
such a pretty area too bad it is full of assholes & Harley riders

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why do we allow them to take over the most beautiful places in the country?
View Quote

we are not allowed to shoot them yet

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I'm done travelling to the area each year for their breweries I guess.

Not a fan of Asheville. But I’ve always wanted to take the wife to the Sierra Nevada brewery.

Same here. Went there in 2014 and it was cool. Went back for NYE 2017/18 and it def had a shittier vibe.

No more trips there for me and mine, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Only good brewery in the area is Sierra Nevada and I can get that locally. All others including burial and wicked weed are overrated as balls. Entire city of dirty woke hippies.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Only good brewery in the area is Sierra Nevada and I can get that locally. All others including burial and wicked weed are overrated as balls. Entire city of dirty woke hippies.
View Quote

I have been and it was homeless, drum circlers, hippies, grifters, crooks, burnouts and free the nipple flapjack titties...and smelled like piss.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Check the minority population in "nice" places. Seems to dwindle a lot in those nice, leftist enclaves
View Quote

Not true around here.
The biggest complaint of the local minority community is that they've been gentrified out of the traditional neighborhoods and pushed out into section eight complexes spread around the county
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Drive up 26. Cross over into TN. We have a Confederate Memorial in a private neighborhood in Erwin TN that I guarantee nobody is going to touch.
Drive a few more miles into Johnson City. Al Capone had his southern "headquarters" there. Sure we have a few "hippies" that have wandered over from Asheville but for the most part people are Conservative and MYOB. You can't swing a cat without hitting an FFL and while a lot of people are a bit "clannish," Most are nice with a "live and let live" attitude. Incidentally, the race is this weekend at Bristol and the word is there are going to be a whole lot of "Confederate" flags in spite of the ban. The Sons of the Confederacy has had a plane flying around over the track and campground with a large flag in tow. In Elizabethtown, a week or so ago BLM was going to protest. A whole lot of "citizens" showed up and there were no incidents. The history is that the respective commanders in the area, both North and South lived across the street from each at the end of Main street past the courthouse and got along quite well. Elizabethtown loves it's history and no one in that area will stand for any tomfoolery. While you are in the area there is fly fishing, hiking(app trail), the Nolachuckey Valley/River, Cherokee National Forrest.
We did have a small "protest" over at the University side of town but it was mostly peaceful and fizzled out rather quickly. We are pretty solidly "Republican" and very conservative in this area. You will probably see a lot of Trump Flags and signs and most of the interactions I have had when i wore my "Trump gear" have be positive. There is Jonesboro the oldest town in TN (mostly full of people from somewhere else LOL) then down to Greenville (Andrew Jackson and Rev War history)
Of course if you want to drive a couple hours west on 81/40 there is Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge(Smokey Mtn Knife Works, Buds Guns & Range) if you are into that.
Over the mountain past Clingmans Dome is the Reservation at Cherokee N C.
There are a few things to do over here.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Around 15% of the population are black, the ironic thing is they push for neighborhood revitalization of the couple of low cost neighborhoods left in the city it will push those residents out.  A lot of these are investor owned properties.
View Quote

You are correct, there is no way for them to do affordable housing here in Asheville, not with prices the way they are. A 1000 sq. ft. home can go for north of $200k. I have seen homes that were complete dumps go for $250 and need $50 or $60 put into them to really be livable.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck that area. I grew up there and still have property. It’s lost.  A bunch of liberal fags.  I’m much happier in the upstate of SC.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does running away stop this? It's a test case and it spreads out from there. It sets a precedent.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
While this is not reparations, per se, the important thing here is the time-honored leftist tradition of introducing language and then moving towards their real goals.

They show that this is innocuous and not "really" reparations in the classic sense.  But they plant the seed of "reparation = OK".  

The direct payments will come soon enough because the groundwork will have been laid.
View Quote

Wordsmithing doesn't work. It's reparations. The WHEREAS paragraphs in the document tell you it's reparations.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I go to Asheville half a dozen times or so a year. Once you’ve been to Biltmore and Sierra Nevada it’s like any other hippy town. And it’s a big reason I hesitate to even call North Carolina ‘the South.’ South Carolina is best Carolina.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Ashville was done a long time ago
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I was interested in Asheville as a place to relocate too.  The more I learned about the area and the politics, the interest quickly evaporated.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Funny, not what I was expecting when I read “reparations”.
I’m sure a lot of people are pissed because when they say reparations, they want money or other free stuff.

Seems like the city is just calling the same old stuff by another name.

Were there any actual details or numbers of new money they plan to “invest” to full fill these “reparations”?
View Quote

Pretty much this.

These reparations are investing in the black community.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#42]

We’ll probably end up in Canton some day.

After the nutjobs have gotten the paper plant closed

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Who are they paying?

Asheville is full of Wookies and hill jacks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I go to Asheville half a dozen times or so a year. Once you’ve been to Biltmore and Sierra Nevada it’s like any other hippy town. And it’s a big reason I hesitate to even call North Carolina ‘the South.’ South Carolina is best Carolina.
View Quote

Yes.

Side note, do you fly the PC12 into Greenville Downtown on the regular?  I am under the base/final for 19 and there is a nice PC12 that comes in very often in the AM.

My lotto plane, BTW.

ETA: @pilatuspilot
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Its the San Francisco of the East Coast.
View Quote

Negative. that belongs to Charlottesville, VA.   Shithole that its become.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why do liberals always infest and destroy the nicest places?  The Asheville area is beautiful.  Just like California.

A coworker has been talking about retiring there for years.  Lately, he's been reconsidering.  
View Quote

Anyplace in or around schools (where they live and can never leave due to having never gotten a degree that pays money); or where impressionable and stupid kids congregate to go to school to become
indoctrinated by communists.   Anywhere where a sufficient number of people gather---they suffer from "city idiot syndrome"; they allow their love of political party to supercede that of "love of their nation."
Basically, keep your communities under 50,000 and don't provide any sort of social nets or programs and you'll have a nice community/township.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not true around here.
The biggest complaint of the local minority community is that they've been gentrified out of the traditional neighborhoods and pushed out into section eight complexes spread around the county
View Quote

Doesn't that prove my point? Maybe the percent minorities is the same but they are moved to a ghetto because the progressives make everything too expensive with their zoning and taxes.

San Francisco has hardly any blacks left, there is even a movie called the last black man in SF
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top