Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like an AK, FAL, and AR all had group sex and produced a but ugly offspring.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someday you'll be the last man with a gasoline car, milling replacement parts in your garage, an iconoclast sneering and fast, new, ultra reliable electric cars which are no match for the final gasser, a lovingly restored Yugo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Posted By Madcap72:
Do you REALLY think the people in the market for obscure guns overlap with people who buy bargain basement el cheapo AR's, and will not do so ONLY because you can get shit tier guns cheap?

That false dichotomy is silly.
Someday you'll be the last man with a gasoline car, milling replacement parts in your garage, an iconoclast sneering and fast, new, ultra reliable electric cars which are no match for the final gasser, a lovingly restored Yugo.
I'll be posting pics of it from my now 7 year old flip phone, if it survives that long.

I mean, fuck me, I bought a Krag-Jorgensen when I could have bought a cheap AR for the same or less.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the gun from Heat!
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  MSRP $1250....when an AR can be put together for $500
View Quote
$300:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2047298_-300-AR-thread-for-Christmas-.html

Mike's thread in Retro:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/733475_New-US-made-Leader-T2.html

I'm glad they're back on the market, I just don't understand how they can be made profitably.  Masterpiece Arms gave up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet, want it bad. Bought one the Masterpiece Arms clones that was a complete turd...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Armalite tried, no one besides like 5 of us on the AR-180 subfrom wanted them. Then they did whatever shake up happend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would rather have AR180, if we're just bring old guns back
Armalite tried, no one besides like 5 of us on the AR-180 subfrom wanted them. Then they did whatever shake up happend.
I had a AR-180B and it was a bag of shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I honestly want one because it is different and would go nicely with my Daewoo K2 and Ruger Mini-14 GB.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like something from California
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#11]
"From my cold, dead hands....."

Except this one, you can have this one....
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
If a near 40 year old design were to be reintroduced to the American market (and modernized) I would have liked to have seen the Daewoo k2 and variants.

Still wouldn't be cost competitive to the AR, but lets face it, most nothing will be in the same market segment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If a near 40 year old design were to be reintroduced to the American market (and modernized) I would have liked to have seen the Daewoo k2 and variants.

Still wouldn't be cost competitive to the AR, but lets face it, most nothing will be in the same market segment.
View Quote
The K2 pretty much was....

The RobArm XCR is pretty much one.

But I love mu legit 'Woo K2.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like an FAL had an abortion
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
From one dealer's perspective, there is the slightest tingling of nostalgia........but nobody's gonna actually buy this shit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I like it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$300:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2047298_-300-AR-thread-for-Christmas-.html

Mike's thread in Retro:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/733475_New-US-made-Leader-T2.html

I'm glad they're back on the market, I just don't understand how they can be made profitably.  Masterpiece Arms gave up.
View Quote
Making sure it works will be a good first step for the new rifles.  If I have the spare cash, I'm

in for one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#18]
They will sell about 6 a year
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
So utilitarian, kind of steampunk look. I really want one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Would it have killed you to add a few pics from the article you linked to ??

No...it wouldn't have.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Australian-Leader-T2-Rifle-to-be-Made-in-USA-2.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those who always wanted one can soon have another one.............and the parts will be interchangeable with the old ones

Leader T2
Would it have killed you to add a few pics from the article you linked to ??

No...it wouldn't have.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Australian-Leader-T2-Rifle-to-be-Made-in-USA-2.jpg
Did the carry handle come off an old steel gas can?

Nearly $1300 for something that looks like of was welded together out of old stop signs with some Chote furniture thrown on to round it out.

lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#22]
The question is not why would you buy that rifle, but what does that rifle do at 4X the cost of a new AR?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's ugly as fuck.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like and illegitimate love child of a Daewoo, FN-FAL, and an AR-180 with mac-9/10/11 that was watching and blew its load onto the threesome.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:40:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why?

Because sometimes I want to shoot something other than an AR15.
View Quote
Yeh, like there's not already a bazillion other rifle choices out there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  Looks like and illegitimate love child of a Daewoo, FN-FAL, and an AR-180 with mac-9/10/11 that was watching and blew its load onto the threesome.
View Quote
Do you always look @ the outside?  B/c the inside is interesting as fuck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The question is not why would you buy that rifle, but what does that rifle do at 4X the cost of a new AR?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lets people know you're not restricted to poverty AR's.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I saw that and thought "why?"
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  Lets people know you're not restricted to poverty AR's.
View Quote
Plenty of non-poverty ARs @ that price point if you want to class-signal.  It's a neat design, just like the AK is a neat design.  But other than the easy to make triangular bolt lugs and the possibility of a folding stock, what does it do better than an AR?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Honestly, I don't find most military style rifles to be all that beautiful, including our beloved AR's but the usability and utility of them is what makes them great.

I would much rather see a dark rich wood stocked rifle any day, which is why I like collecting old English shotguns and such.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
MSRP $1250....when an AR can be put together for $500
View Quote
Not a good one from Colt or FNH. Plus, this rifle uses a piston which is better and costs more than direct impingement. That said, I'd rather get something better, like a US made version of the South Korean Daewoo K1
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:16:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Plenty of non-poverty ARs @ that price point if you want to class-signal.  It's a neat design, just like the AK is a neat design.  But other than the easy to make triangular bolt lugs and the possibility of a folding stock, what does it do better than an AR?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Lets people know you're not restricted to poverty AR's.
The same shit my Savage 99 or AR-180 does better than an AR, not be an AR. The fuck does capability have to have to do with anything?

It'll kill cardboard just as well as an AR will.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:20:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Looks like and illegitimate love child of a Daewoo, FN-FAL, and an AR-180 with mac-9/10/11 that was watching and blew its load onto the threesome.
Only if there is nothing funny to say about it on the interwebs.

For me, end the end.. all I want to know is does it run.  Looks are third to me after reliability.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeh, like there's not already a bazillion other rifle choices out there.
View Quote
I don't carry a 1911 because they don't take Glock mags.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't carry a 1911 because they don't take Glock mags.
View Quote
And I don't carry a Glock cause they don't take 1911 mags, I am not a Glock fan...

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pimp it to the not an ar crowd
pimp it to the piston crowd
Nostalgia
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It is a rifle of a different era, back in production, for the sake of those that want one. It is a period update to the AR-18 as Stoner originally intended the design to be.

I have 11 ARs. I want a T2 just for the sake of having something different.

Lastly, this is a new production of a gun by its original designer. Not a knockoff like a Iver Johnson M1 Carbine or a Todd Bailey MP5 clone.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#38]
I cant understand how a cheaply made stamped steel firearm will sell for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is a rifle of a different era, back in production, for the sake of those that want one. It is a period update to the AR-18 as Stoner originally intended the design to be.

I have 11 ARs. I want a T2 just for the sake of having something different.

Lastly, this is a new production of a gun by its original designer. Not a knockoff like a Iver Johnson M1 Carbine or a Todd Bailey MP5 clone.
View Quote
QFT! Someone who understands.

If I have the money I'll buy one of these just to piss off the $300 PSA NPCs
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
And they will have some Youtube reviewer saying how much better it is than an AR.

I am sure the street price will be lower, and I wouldn't mind having one just as something different. I wish them luck, but realistically introducing a gun in today's AR market just does not seem like a good idea financially.

There are plenty of flaws are available to point out in lower cost ARs, but not to the tune of hundreds of dollars.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Booo people remaking vintage guns bringing more options to the market!

Why not?
View Quote
Agree!

I really want one of these!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I cant understand how a cheaply made stamped steel firearm will sell for that kind of money.
View Quote
The fact is, they are only cheap duento economy of scale. They cheap for a 100,000 order. They aren't cheap for a 250 order.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
At a time when you can build am ar15 for,$400 that rifle makew no sense at $1200
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Gross.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Aimed straight at the collector market. Those first 250 will be all you ever see.  Most will never leave the box but just be sold from collector to collector.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is excellent news. Mr. St. George has had this in the works for at least a couple of years. I ran into him at a local range where he was testing a prototype and let me handle and shoot it. Super nice guy who was shocked that I recognized him and knew about Leader Dynamics. I had an original back in the day and let it go, I want one for sure.
View Quote
I’d like to see one with a folder or collapsible stock
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And they will have some Youtube reviewer saying how much better it is than an AR.

I am sure the street price will be lower, and I wouldn't mind having one just as something different. I wish them luck, but realistically introducing a gun in today's AR market just does not seem like a good idea financially.

There are plenty of flaws are available to point out in lower cost ARs, but not to the tune of hundreds of dollars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, a better rifle than the AR is the Daewoo K2C. The modernized 'Woo. All the ergos and features of a modern AR. But even more awesome. Legit ability to have a folding stock and a long stroke gas piston.

My original 'Woo K2 puts its period competitors to shame. A Colt SP1 or a A2 rifle just don't have the features that the K2 does. The ROK really learned from when they made M16A1s and what would be better.

As for the T2, it was to be the AR-18 in its best form as Stoner originally intended. Cheap and easy for period large scale manufacturer when human labor was cheap and machining was expensive. All the kinks of the AR-18 were worked out. But by then, the T2 was on the tail end of that era. The AUG was truly advanced. But the T2 is the West's answer to AKM. It was simply introduced ten years too late.

But for all of its quirks and issues. They're cool rifles. They're of a bygone era and a different mindset. I want one just for that reason. Hell, my Ruger Mini-14 GB is still in a wooden stock. It is still a fun rifle to own.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Will gun jesus do a video on one?

t2 review by gun jesus
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top