BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Word is Christiana Oceanana is about to expand big time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sad to see a family run company sell out, hopefully it was for good reasons.

Kharn
View Quote
Yeah lots, and lots of $$$$$
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You guys do realize the company they sold to is private…as in a single family owns it. Correct?

They are EXPANDING Barrett’s Tennessee location and manufacturing facility.

They didn’t sell this to the Aus gov lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ronnie Barrett has done too much for the 2A and Armed Responsible Citizens for me to ever disparage him or his actions. I just hope, given Australia’s recent shift towards heavy-handed totalitarian government, that this doesn’t turn out bad for us all.

You guys do realize the company they sold to is private…as in a single family owns it. Correct?

They are EXPANDING Barrett’s Tennessee location and manufacturing facility.

They didn’t sell this to the Aus gov lol.
I remember Smith & Wesson selling out to Bangor Punta, what disaster. The along comes Thompkins PLC, and the last owner Gunlock Inc, when renamed itself to Smith & Wesson.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is not good for the end-users, but good for Ronnie Barrett and his family, they cashed out at the peak. The Barrett family was strong pro-gunners.
View Quote

Ronnie hasn't been part of operations for some time. Except for photo ops and interviews. It's been that way since his election to the NRA Board.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol at the people saying they wouldn’t have and would keep coming to work till they died at their desk.

View Quote

I don’t think most are against them selling.  It is potentially selling to a company that could be anti gun for the civilian market.

Why couldn’t they sell to a more friendly gun company?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Australian defense contractor NIOA has expanded its global reach with the 100 percent acquisition of the industry-leading rifle design and manufacturing company, Barrett Firearms.

In announcing the deal, NIOA Group CEO Robert Nioa said the two family-owned companies came together out of a shared commitment to quality, innovation, loyalty, and mission.

“NIOA’s association with Barrett dates back to 2008. We have been inspired by the story of Barrett and admire what Ronnie, Chris and the family have built over more than four decades,” Mr. Nioa said.

“It’s been a story of hard work, perseverance, and purpose culminating in the delivery of critical capability for the men and women of the US military and its allies around the world as well as exceptional products to law enforcement agencies and civilian markets.

“Together we share the same mission - combining our expertise and family business values will ensure Barrett carries on building the finest products in the world.’’

Mr. Nioa confirmed the company would continue to operate under the Barrett brand as a separate division within the NIOA Group alongside NIOA Australia, NIOA New Zealand, the Australian Missile Corporation and the group’s investment in joint venture company Rheinmetall NIOA Munitions.

All management and staff at the Murfreesboro manufacturing facility in Tennessee have been retained and production will continue as normal. Over time it is expected that manufacturing activities in Murfreesboro will be further expanded.

Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Mr. Nioa also announced two key leadership appointments – current Barrett President Sam Shallenberger has been promoted to the role of Chief Executive Officer while long-serving Barrett Chief Operating Officer Bryan James becomes President.

Ronnie Barrett and Chris Barrett will provide ongoing support as executive advisers to Barrett and the NIOA Group.

Barrett founder Ronnie Barrett said “Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in the Barrett story. Rob and the NIOA team have great respect for the legacy Barrett has created as the leader in long range precision rifles. It’s reassuring to know Barrett will be in good hands with a family-owned company that is focused on manufacturing and delivering world-class firearms and munitions to a global network.”

The Barrett acquisition marks an exciting next chapter for NIOA as the company’s entry to the US market where it has long-standing trusted relationships with American companies such as Vista Outdoors, Leupold, General Dynamics, Northrup Grumman, and the Winchester-operated Lake City ammunition plant.
View Quote

they can see the writtening on the wall
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Selling out to the goddamn Australians can't be good for the US commercial market.
View Quote

My first thought exactly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe I would like to help them with that.

The production cost vs the MSRP is way lopsided.
View Quote

Can you give a ballpark of the production cost for an m82/m107? That’s really interesting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can you give a ballpark of the production cost for an m82/m107? That’s really interesting.
View Quote

It's probably 35 hunnit
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I probably shouldn't. Not sure of the legality of doing that. I'm sure costs have changed since I left there. But probably not by a hell of a lot.
I know I bought my 82a1 and M95 for production cost when i worked there. It was substantially less than dealer. Substantially less.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Selling out to the goddamn Australians can't be good for the US commercial market.
View Quote
Wow!   That is a damn shame.   Every great company that's been bought out by a bigger company has inevitably slid into poorer products and customer service.   When it's a woke shit Australian company, it can only be even worse.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bummer PSA didn't buy the company. This will get interesting before it goes to shit. Y'all best go buy your rifle now.
View Quote
Yeah, that would have been EPIC.    Now it's a bunch of goddamn freedom-hating Aussies
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds dismal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Money talks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only 9% of family businesses stay in the family past the 3rd generation
View Quote

Marketing 101?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Man! If so many people are getting bent out of shape over this I bet it'll be quite a show when there's a mass realization of where a huge portion of the USA's smokeless powder comes from.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Word

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Man! If so many people are getting bent out of shape over this I bet it'll be quite a show when there's a mass realization of where a huge portion of the USA's smokeless powder comes from.
View Quote

Its been readily available knowledge to reloaders that the lions share of powder for reloading comes from Australia.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Holy shit! Thats even creepier than the actual clip from the movie advertisements.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you want to be a good steward?

Until you can find someone to take it over that will also be a good steward.

(everything else equal).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOIA has its fingers in quite a few US firearms related companies. Hopefully they keep it on its current course.

But the  Barretts first love is money.

How long does someone have to steward something before they're allowed to give it up?

If you want to be a good steward?

Until you can find someone to take it over that will also be a good steward.

(everything else equal).

Based on the article, it sounds like that's exactly what Barrett did.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I probably shouldn't. Not sure of the legality of doing that. I'm sure costs have changed since I left there. But probably not by a hell of a lot.
I know I bought my 82a1 and M95 for production cost when i worked there. It was substantially less than dealer. Substantially less.
View Quote

I'm going to guess it costs less than $2,800 to build an M82A1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks like all those police departments in California are going to get to buy Barretts again
View Quote

Do you really think that they were ever unable to obtain Barrett's if they wanted them?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Those of you who hate Wayne LaPierre so much might want to look up Ronnie's long standing support of him including voting for the fake bankruptcy. If his first love truly is money that might explain his seemingly blind support of WLP. I'm not saying he hasn't done a lot for the 2A but that part has left a bad taste in my mount for some time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. And you're still over $800 too high.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you really think that they were ever unable to obtain Barrett's if they wanted them?
View Quote

Yep. Distributors have no qualm about selling to who ever has the money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unsurprising. The use of extrusions requiring minimal machine time is excellent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They could actually deliver unlike Serbu.
View Quote

How long have you been waiting?  I think I'm going on my 5th year...

Valerie has even stopped responding to my emails asking for an update.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good for them.
View Quote

Kinda hard to blame them for divesting from the Cartel market :lol:

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kinda hard to blame them for divesting from the Cartel market :lol:

https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/JGI6H3RDQMI6XHCKBXDCILCICQ.jpg
View Quote

We were all talking amongst ourselves when the Mexican Army contract went through as to how many would be in Cartel hands and how quickly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could actually deliver unlike Serbu.

I worked for a distributor when Serbu announced their semi 50. They had people on the floor at SHOT handing out pamphlets I think I actually talked to Mark's dad but I might be misremembering that. I told them they would make a killing if they could deliver them and he told me they were all but spooled up and ready to ship them in quantity. I have been burnt on a few "new" things so I figured I'd wait a year and see how they shook out. To this day I've never seen one in person. Can't remember what year that was had to be sometime around 08 +/- a year or so. I can't remember the money but it was agressively priced and I doubt they delivered many if any at the intro price as it jumped up quickly.

If they ever become more common I might check them out again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We were all talking amongst ourselves when the Mexican Army contract went through as to how many would be in Cartel hands and how quickly.
View Quote

Don't forget Fast and Furriest pumping those numbers up. I'd rather give my "money" to Mark Surbu anyway but a domestic DoD supplier selling out to a foreign holding company is wrong on every level.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#33]
So, do we hate Barrett now? Y’all cutting them up?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How long does someone have to steward something before they're allowed to give it up?
View Quote

People here have a lot of emotions tied up in corporations.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They sold to Australians. Wow. Their gov will make sure we never see a civilian barrett firearm ever…
View Quote

Like Freedom Corp?

Money is money.
You think these companies care anything about your rights? Past the point of being able to sell you that right, they don’t give two fucks bout you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So, do we hate Barrett now? Y’all cutting them up?
View Quote

Nope! love my Barretts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like a great opportunity for new or existing companies to get into the bmg game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It'll be good for NYC, though.  I'm sure the Aussie's recognize them as fellow travellers and will be all too willing to supply them whatever they want.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So Nioa owns leupold and vista, or just owns shares?
View Quote

Pretty sure they own shares.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because the 3rd generation loves to fuck it up royally.
View Quote

The second typically does, but the third tries to put it back together.  

Think Wean-United.  (because you're local)
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the 3rd generation loves to fuck it up royally.

Wean is one case. But it’s traditionally the third.  

We basically made it… just 2 more years till the 3rd’s retirement for us..
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Guess I’m not getting a new fieldcraft….cause those fuckers probably won’t build them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Guess I’m not getting a new fieldcraft….cause those fuckers probably won’t build them.
View Quote

Coworker bought a Fieldcraft a few years ago. It's making me consider getting one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Never thought the Barretts would give up control.
View Quote

FUCK. I been putting off buying a MRAD for years and now this really fucks me up. I'm super skeptical things aren't going to go to shit with new cooks in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Damn.

I dug when Ronnie told CA to fuck off, and did the double whammy by inventing the 416 Barrett.

I don't trust anything Australia to carry on that legacy.

Good deal for the Barretts, he built that company from his garage.
Bad deal for gun owners in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Selling out to the goddamn Australians can't be good for the US commercial market.[/quote

+3
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Damn.

I dug when Ronnie told CA to fuck off, and did the double whammy by inventing the 416 Barrett.

I don't trust anything Australia to carry on that legacy.

Good deal for the Barretts, he built that company from his garage.
Bad deal for gun owners in the long run.
View Quote

I loved firing the .416 out of an M99. Pretty consistent hits on a 55 gallon drum at 1800 meters at a range we had access to.
That was far as I got to fire it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Ronnie Barrett selling to a company in a country with anti-firearms laws second to none.

Greed wins,,,
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top