Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Going off the Roman example, this is just the fall of the Republic. We have many prosperous years to come in the American Empire!

The division between haves and have-nots will grow. Make sure you're on the right side.
View Quote
i'm on the "me" side, pilgrim.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

OP isn't a woman.

He's a lineman and future Assistant GD Warlord.
View Quote
i want to be the warlord of Cascadia after civil war II ends and me and the bois are colonizing what's left of western canadia and the PNW in former merica.

I guess a man's got to do what he's best at
Ain't found nothing better so far
Been called mercenaries and men with no country
Just soldiers in search of a war

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people want kids, some don't.

Most men like dogs, some weird guys like cats.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't want to be parents in a world like this... The world is like this because of them..
View Quote
So much truth in so few words.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't click on a bunch of random links especially from this place.

Take you fake indignation elsewhere SIR/MA'AM
View Quote
Who said my indignation was fake?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got a guy at work who never had kids AND has a cat. What say you?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He sounds like a crazy cat lady in a clever disguise
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closet homo, no doubt, it's science.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be a mother, but now that I'm an adult, I don't want kids. I decided I didn't want to be a parent during college when I realized how hopeless the future seemed, from the economy to the (political/racial) climate.

I also don't believe in the American dream enough to try to chase it while raising another human, and neither do my friends.

The members of Gen Z I know tend to believe in the American dream less than the generations before us. Most of my friend group just doesn't see a path in the future where we have a good, stable job and can afford both a house and a family.

We've seen the crash of the economy, how there are fewer jobs than applicants, and salaries that aren't rising to meet inflation levels. Climate change is disastrous, and the prices of daily goods just keep getting higher and higher. What about this situation is supposed to make young people want to have kids?

moar
View Quote
While I don't disagree. I think this mindset could be why our demographic is on the decline and in a few generations, we will be the extreme minority and things will be really different for those still here...

I'm 50 and have 4 step kids from 2 different wives that I have help support or raise, but I have never fathered my own for reasons aligning with yours.
I feel like in the next few decades (or sooner) so many jobs will be lost to AI, Automation, self driving vehicles and other robots. A lot of jobs will be displaced.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not.   I hope I am wrong and just a negative Nancy on the outlook.

JMHO.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
man's gotta have a shop/barn cat or three to keep the mice population in check, brother.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve never really gotten the animosity here about not having kids, but I see it pop up from time to time. Isn’t having/not having kids sort of a “you do you” thing?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
man's gotta have a shop/barn cat or three to keep the mice population in check, brother.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No mice at my place.
Probably the feral cats that live in the woods, I never feed em or put out water, they just hunt.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No mice at my place.
Probably the feral cats that live in the woods, I never feed em or put out water, they just hunt.
View Quote
feral cats are part aminal and part machine.

"I've got a stopwatch strapped to my brain. Got a death-trip man screaming in my ear. I got a part animal part machine vision digging its spurs into my side screaming:'Faster, you idiot, the sun is coming up!'"
Henry Rollins, Art to Choke Hearts, 1992.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"I've got a stopwatch strapped to my brain. Got a death-trip man screaming in my ear. I got a part animal part machine vision digging its spurs into my side screaming:'Faster, you idiot, the sun is coming up!'"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No mice at my place.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]
DARWINISM WORKS
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
While I don't disagree. I think this mindset could be why our demographic is on the decline and in a few generations, we will be the extreme minority and things will be really different for those still here...

I'm 50 and have 4 step kids from 2 different wives that I have help support or raise, but I have never fathered my own for reasons aligning with yours.
I feel like in the next few decades (or sooner) so many jobs will be lost to AI, Automation, self driving vehicles and other robots. A lot of jobs will be displaced.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not.   I hope I am wrong and just a negative Nancy on the outlook.

JMHO.

View Quote

The problem is, to your point, it doesn't matter. Men of GD can father all the children they want, but they won't beat the numbers coming across the border right now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You should work that into your next fight with your wife.  "Your father should have never had kids!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I also know some successful people who don’t want kids. They usually don’t wanna give up money or time. Again I agree with their decision. This is my father in law. Dude shoulda never had kids.
You should work that into your next fight with your wife.  "Your father should have never had kids!"

Funny enough. She is adopted by him. Her actual biodad also should have never had kids either.

She agrees they both are trash. I am glad she was born but fuck they are super narcissistic with zero accountability.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We've seen the crash of the economy, how there are fewer jobs than applicants, and salaries that aren't rising to meet inflation levels. Climate change is disastrous, and the prices of daily goods just keep getting higher and higher. What about this situation is supposed to make young people want to have kids?

View Quote

LOL, you have had it so easy your entire life.  Right now times are tough; they were basically reset to where things were around the year 2000 when it comes to what things cost, interest rates, and take home pay.  Have you heard the term "starter house"?  A lower priced house that someone just out of college would purchase to get a start in life and *gasp* even start a family.  That was business as usual 20-25 years ago.  Whiney people think they deserve a $450,000, 5 bedroom, 6 bathroom house right out of college.  A good interest rate when I graduated college was 6.5%.  We were excited about that low of a rate.  Now people are crying like it is the end of the world.

It does suck that the salad days are over but going back to the normal scale of pricing isn't the end of the world.  It just means you need to focus on your finances more, get a better job, or pick up part time hours somewhere to occupy your time and get a little more spending cash.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Womens right to vote: 1920

Federal Reserve: 1913

The National Debt has been 20 Billion or more since 1920

Corruption in the EffBeeEye is nothing "new"

So blaming Boomers is just as inaccurate as blaming Gen Z.

So what has Gen Z done to try to correct  and/or change things?

@SARS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen Z didn't allow women to vote. Gen Z didn't create the federal reserve. Gen Z didn't get this nation on a trajectory of unmanageable debt. Gen Z didn't create the corrupt FBI/cheka. Gen Z didn't . . .

@SARS

I didn't attempt to blame boomers. Gen Z doesn't have much political or economic power yet to change anything, though I agree many of them do suck ass (I'm not gen Z FWIW).

All the generational hate is fucking retarded. There have been assholes and pinkos in every generation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@SARS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen Z didn't allow women to vote. Gen Z didn't create the federal reserve. Gen Z didn't get this nation on a trajectory of unmanageable debt. Gen Z didn't create the corrupt FBI/cheka. Gen Z didn't . . .

@SARS

I didn't attempt to blame boomers. Gen Z doesn't have much political or economic power yet to change anything, though I agree many of them do suck ass (I'm not gen Z FWIW).

All the generational hate is fucking retarded. There have been assholes and pinkos in every generation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The problem is, to your point, it doesn't matter. Men of GD can father all the children they want, but they won't beat the numbers coming across the border right now.
View Quote
gonna be weird when the vaxxed all die off from the jab and only the #pureblood degens like me are left to repopulate merica after the draft for WWIII.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SARS

I agree with you 100% then.

My wife was unable to have kids, but if we would've had them they wouldn't be whiney little brats looking for a hand out because "Boomers fucked it all up."
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
gonna be weird when the vaxxed all die off from the jab and only the #pureblood degens like me are left to repopulate merica after the draft for WWIII.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If the elders would step away from the buffet after filling their plates, as their forefathers did, the outlook would be much different.

The Original Me Generation, on the whole, always looking for itself and never liking what they find isn’t conducive to them getting out of the way either.
View Quote

Boo fucking hoo

The outlook changed multiple generations ago, not 1 or 2. Some of us have been trying to change things for 40+ years, but keep getting beat back by the ones who expect a hand out....

What are you doing about it besides blaming others who aren't responsible?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#26]
People have been saying variations on OP's theme for hundreds of generations.  The theme is the same (we don't want to bring children into such a messed up world), but the reasons behind the theme vary over time.  

Fortunately for the human race, the instinct/desire to breed (or just have sex) is strong enough that humans still propagate themselves.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How ignorant are some people? What is gen z, a bunch of weak ass quitters? F you gen z, I'm raising an army.

Children are the future generations. Raise them right and the world would be better.

The world will improve automatically when all the boomer politicians eventually kick the bucket. Just be patient, our time is coming.
View Quote

Right there with you sir.

Raising a new generation right is how you win, anything else is losing, ultimately. If you wait for external macro factors to tilt in your favor you have a slave's mindset. Struggle against the world if you must, but never bend.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I raised my kids to change the world...and that is what  they are doing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That's why other races are having 5 kids at a time, and whites will be outbred, and outnumbered in a century.
View Quote

She's black.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#30]
With abortion and not having children.   The right will outbreed the left.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Just losers coping.

If you're a woman and don't have a maternal drive, you're defective; stop taking happy pills, hormonal birth control, drinking, and get rid of the six cats you've got.

If you're a man and don't want to breed a woman until she's living with chronic pain for the rest of her life from being heavy with your brood; stop taking happy pills, drinking, get rid of the cats, and go outside until you're feeling like a man.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be a mother, but now that I'm an adult, I don't want kids. I decided I didn't want to be a parent during college when I realized how hopeless the future seemed, from the economy to the climate.

I also don't believe in the American dream enough to try to chase it while raising another human, and neither do my friends.

The members of Gen Z I know tend to believe in the American dream less than the generations before us. Most of my friend group just doesn't see a path in the future where we have a good, stable job and can afford both a house and a family.

moar
View Quote
Darwin 101 the strong and the ones willing survive.
Plus kids just ruin your figure.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just losers coping.

If you're a woman and don't have a maternal drive, you're defective; stop taking happy pills, hormonal birth control, drinking, and get rid of the six cats you've got.

If you're a man and don't want to breed a woman until she's living with chronic pain for the rest of her life from being heavy with your brood; stop taking happy pills, drinking, get rid of the cats, and go outside until you're feeling like a man.
View Quote
working this into my first safety share of 2024.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just losers coping.

View Quote

??????
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
This is what happens when a generation is raised by parents who teach by example that raising kids is a distraction from the things that really matter in life.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just losers coping.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Not to worry...your replacements are on the way...
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Most of the time the people who say they will never have or don’t want kids I fully agree with their decision.

Many are adult kids themselves that play video games 8 hours a day. Barely hold down a 40 hour job. Eat fast food for most meals and are overweight. They also tend to be lefties.

I also know some successful people who don’t want kids. They usually don’t wanna give up money or time. Again I agree with their decision. This is my father in law. Dude shoulda never had kids.

Raising kids is the hardest but by far the most rewarding thing you can do. It is a top tier human experience. Between having all the money and time in the world and my kids. Yea I’ll take my family.
View Quote

You may be confusing cause and effect with the first group.  Having kids forces a lot of people to grow up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#39]
People having children are not suddenly going to stop the left from open borders.  We have no shortage of children being born right now. Our country currently has more humans in it than ever in history.  They are still coming.  Voting, even winning a recent election by a "surprise" upset, had no impact.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
TextWall 1-1, you are in the pipe five by five.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/LjH1bqfhjvoAAAAC/warthog-a10.gif

they took the TextCannon and built a plane around it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, the world is a mess, and it's harder for those youngsters just starting out in some ways.

While the "Got married in 1981 when Reagan was President, and bought a house for 11 raspberries and sent all my kids to college on 1 income, despite being average of intellect and average looking (PS: Wife was a virgin 7/10, and wouldn't drop me for not traveling enough) (oh and all my very average friends did the same, and that was a reasonable expectation for a life at the time)" crew has their heads absolutely up their fuckin asses as to how things have changed,

Young people have a choice.
If you want your family line to carry on, do your best, leave it all on the field. If you're a young man, maybe that means getting hitched at 40 when you're in a place to have kids.
Maybe it's having 1 or 2, not 3 or 4.
Might mean searching forever for a suitable woman - it likely will mean precisely that.

It's difficult, it's hard, a "normal" life expectation of yesteryear is now a "wow he's doing great" tier thing for most people in most places  - only the most dense and obtuse think different at this point.
But the alternative is lay down and quit.

"Eh, having expensive toys is more important, and always will be more important, than having a family, a living legacy."
Count me out of that ^.

TLDR: For young people, your life is about "Yards after Contact."
Yep, life's going to throw shit at you, and it hurts, and some of life's challenges do hit you pretty hard.
But if you chip away and make progress each time, you can win that way in the long run.

https://chumley.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/18/SadSimpleArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif
TextWall 1-1, you are in the pipe five by five.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/LjH1bqfhjvoAAAAC/warthog-a10.gif

they took the TextCannon and built a plane around it.

"They built a man around a keyboard"
"It was actually designed to pierce SJW psyop armor across the Twitter gap once upon a time but,
Remained a viable platform for close meme support"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is what happens when a generation is raised by parents who teach by example that raising kids is a distraction from the things that really matter in life.
View Quote

What the fuck are you on about?  The Victorian era taught that children were either labor to be put to work as soon as possible or burdens to be raised by a nanny and ignored by their parents.  Winston Churchill once said that he could “count the times he had been hugged by his mother” as a child.  The idea that parents should dote on their children and make them a focus of their world is a recent affectation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I sort of wish the entire left thought that way.

View Quote

most of them do.

that's why they're importing illegals to shore up their voter base.  If it weren't for illegal immigration, this country would have turned pretty red a long time ago.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How ignorant are some people? What is gen z, a bunch of weak ass quitters? F you gen z, I'm raising an army.

Children are the future generations. Raise them right and the world would be better.

The world will improve automatically when all the boomer politicians eventually kick the bucket. Just be patient, our time is coming.
View Quote

The First Post Thing...  It is REAL (& Awesome!)

F.Y.I. for the O.P. - The LEFT certainly hasn't stopped breeding.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I am 46.

My desire to have a family died around 32-33 years old.

Last relationship ended in 2017b3 days before chrostmas and I have had no desire to try again.

Way I look at it is I have one thing less to worry about when shit gets worse before it gets worse.

Quoted:.

From 500M years since the evolution of sex to 2M years ago since H. Erectus (or 200K since H. Sapiens if you prefer), your ONLY reason to be on this earth is to reproduce.  Forget all of the religion, climate change, wars, etc, reproduction is it.

View Quote

And I can comfortably turn my nose up at it.

There will be no sitting around in a human kennel waiting to die for me.

I have no care about what happens to this world after I am gone.   What keeps me walking the line is a careful balance of having the freedom to do what I want, for now.

Older I get the more I do out of spite.

When it is time for me to go I have designs on burning everything I own to the ground.   May the state spend far more on reclaimation than they would ever get from probate of the estate.    Hell turn it into a superfund site for all I care.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
People having children are not suddenly going to stop the left from open borders.  We have no shortage of children being born right now. Our country currently has more humans in it than ever in history.  They are still coming.  Voting, even winning a recent election by a "surprise" upset, had no impact.
View Quote

No kiddin'
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"They built a man around a keyboard"
"It was actually designed to pierce SJW psyop armor across the Twitter gap once upon a time but,
Remained a viable platform for close meme support"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/1000058695_jpg-3071769.JPG
View Quote

me when i see TextWall 1-1 comin' in hot:

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#47]
OP is a victim of the deliberate misinformation, disinformation campaigns being waged against America and Americans.

Raising kids has always required sacrifices - ALWAYS!

It sounds to me as if you'd rather have YOUR creature comforts rather than having the blessing of children.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm over 50 and my 3 kids are all adults, 2 daughters are married, one has already had her first child.

I guess I should let my wife know it's time to have more children.

we need to save civilization!

can a vasectomy be reversed after 20 years?  
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm over 50 and my 3 kids are all adults, 2 daughters are married, one has already had her first child.

I guess I should let my wife know it's time to have more children.

we need to save civilization!

can a vasectomy be reversed after 20 years?  
View Quote

If the quality of your former shooters is still good, they can insert a big long needle and extract some for you/her.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top