Site Notices
Page / 320
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:56:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Emoto] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Also, as was stated at the time, how in hell did LE declare the explosives safe enough to be moved/dealt with so quickly?  Versus every other time the bomb squad shows up, and hours of deploying the robot, etc...ensue?

Depends on just what "the explosives" were, of course.  Edit, as Nasty pointed out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
Has anyone asked about the explosives and vehicles found?

All these inquiries, and no one thought to ask the FBI about the most telling physical evidence that might lead to co conspirators?

Wray keeps saying there's no evidence of any other actors... So how the fuck did a 20 year old get the supplies and know how to build explosives?

We have 20 pages and 10 million questions on the fucking ladder.

Also, as was stated at the time, how in hell did LE declare the explosives safe enough to be moved/dealt with so quickly?  Versus every other time the bomb squad shows up, and hours of deploying the robot, etc...ensue?

Depends on just what "the explosives" were, of course.  Edit, as Nasty pointed out.

I think it was on the day of the attempt, I saw a brief press conference where a local(maybe state?) policeman of some sort said that "rudimentary explosives" were found. His words. To me, that meant the kind of crap one can mix up with fertilizer, etc., based upon easily found information online. Had he not said "rudimentary" I would be wondering about their makeup.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

It must be something pretty important to warrant five posts in a row from you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_0094_jpeg-3276515.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By muhahaha:
oh and NOTAMs dont mean squat if Crooks was flying a drone doing recon during the supposed nofly time

It must be something pretty important to warrant five posts in a row from you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_0094_jpeg-3276515.JPG

If you have any doubts, find an FAA inspector and tell him that NOTAMs don't mean squat.

Some of them really love that sort of thing, especially if you have any sort of pilot certificate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:
I haven't seen video of when Corey was shot, but we know he was hit once in the head.
View Quote

There was one news agency there was a single wide camera continuous shot of the whole thing.  It shows every person who was shot (besides the retard).
I forget the agency name.  Something like Right something something News channel.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Emoto:

I think it was on the day of the attempt, I saw a brief press conference where a local(maybe state?) policeman of some sort said that "rudimentary explosives" were found. His words. To me, that meant the kind of crap one can mix up with fertilizer, etc., based upon easily found information online. Had be not said "rudimentary" I would be wondering about their makeup.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Emoto:
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
Has anyone asked about the explosives and vehicles found?

All these inquiries, and no one thought to ask the FBI about the most telling physical evidence that might lead to co conspirators?

Wray keeps saying there's no evidence of any other actors... So how the fuck did a 20 year old get the supplies and know how to build explosives?

We have 20 pages and 10 million questions on the fucking ladder.

I think it was on the day of the attempt, I saw a brief press conference where a local(maybe state?) policeman of some sort said that "rudimentary explosives" were found. His words. To me, that meant the kind of crap one can mix up with fertilizer, etc., based upon easily found information online. Had be not said "rudimentary" I would be wondering about their makeup.

I remember the day of, they said the explosives were found, then said they were found "in a safe condition."

None of it answers why this seemingly intelligent 20 year old, that had been planning this for some time, would bring the detonator with him. Crooks was confident the bombs would explode, but somehow the feds were confident they wouldn't explode... all without using the bomb squad.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]

“tRuMp WaS nOt ReAlLy ShOt!”
View Quote

Leave it to FBI director Wray to cast doubt about Trump being shot.

The FBI's director has cast doubt on whether Donald Trump was struck by a bullet during the attempt on his life at a Pennsylvania political rally.

Christopher Wray was updating Congress about the assassination attempt on Trump in Butler on Wednesday when he made the explosive statement.

'With respect to former President Trump, there’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,' Wray said.

'I don't know right now whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have landed somewhere else.'

More
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:08:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzy113] [#7]
Not sure if this has been posted yet (impossible to keep up with this thread) but I reckon this helmet cam screenshot is going to give us the best idea of the shooter's POV that day. As they are counting spent casings, this is presumably a good few feet to the shooter's right but close enough.

Assuming the buildings I circled are the correct locations of the two visible Counter Sniper teams, it looks like they would have had a pretty clear line of sight to the shooter. Heard before that one or both teams may have been blocked by trees but it doesn't appear so from this angle.

https://imgur.com/fCXrutf

EDIT: I circled the wrong buildings, disregard
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Blitzy113:
Not sure if this has been posted yet (impossible to keep up with this thread) but I reckon this helmet cam screenshot is going to give us the best idea of the shooter's POV that day. As they are counting spent casings, this is presumably a good few feet to the shooter's right but close enough.

Assuming the buildings I circled are the correct locations of the two visible Counter Sniper teams, it looks like they would have had a pretty clear line of sight to the shooter. Heard before that one or both teams may have been blocked by trees but it doesn't appear so from this angle.

View Quote

We know for a fact one of the teams had a clear line of site because they anchored his ass on that roof. It's just a matter of when they were able to get that line of sight.

We also know Crooks moved after all the shooting stopped (before the final USSS shot.) People on the ground are heard yelling 'watch out, he's coming this way.'
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Blitzy113:

View Quote

Your circle is too far to the right, the CS teams were on the two building between the tree and crane, with the team that was responsible for looking this direction being right behind the tree.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By realwar:
The FBI's director has cast doubt on whether Donald Trump was struck by a bullet during the attempt on his life at a Pennsylvania political rally.
Christopher Wray was updating Congress about the assassination attempt on Trump in Butler on Wednesday when he made the explosive statement.
'With respect to former President Trump, there’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,' Wray said.
'I don't know right now whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have landed somewhere else.'
More
View Quote

The entire DC swamp and the media are trying to downplay the whole thing. It's already being dropped by the media, and the "it might have been shrapnel" narrative is being pushed on social media. They don't want Trump to gain any support or strength from this. This was a major historic event that is being memory holed.

By the fall, the media won't even mention it and if they're forced to, they will just call it "the crazed shooter at a Trump rally".
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

There was one news agency there was a single wide camera continuous shot of the whole thing.  It shows every person who was shot (besides the retard).
I forget the agency name.  Something like Right something something News channel.
View All Quotes
I haven't seen video of when Corey was shot, but we know he was hit once in the head.

Right Side Broadcasting?

Link is cued up to right before the shots started.
https://www.youtube.com/live/Rr63RgGN-Yo?feature=shared&t=24138
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#12]

I remember the day of, they said the explosives were found, then said they were found "in a safe condition."

None of it answers why this seemingly intelligent 20 year old, that had been planning this for some time, would bring the detonator with him. Crooks was confident the bombs would explode, but somehow the feds were confident they wouldn't explode... all without using the bomb squad.
View Quote

The answer is the enter alphabet soup organization trains someone on how to use a bomb to escape an assassination attempt.

When the organization don't really want you to get away or the bomb to go off they  forget to tell you to arm it before  trying to set it off. Or after you leave the car they go back in and disarm it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By shadycoh:

The answer is the enter alphabet soup organization trains someone on how to use a bomb to escape an assassination attempt.

When the organization don't really want you to get away or the bomb to go off they  forget to tell you to arm it before  trying to set it off. Or after you leave the car they go back in and disarm it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shadycoh:

Which seems to be the most plausible explanation. Remember, they found two explosive devices (car and house.)

I can't remember the last time there was a high profile incident with a bomb involved, and zero footage or evidence of any bomb squad being called in to secure the explosive.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ajb78:

Right Side Broadcasting?

View Quote

I believe thats them.  You can see the guys in the upper right corner of the screen go down, thats where the guy got the gut shot.  Then in the top of the crowd, left of center was the firefighter head shot.  And trump in the center as well as the floating PIP window.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]

I believe thats them.  You can see the guys in the upper right corner of the screen go down, thats where the guy got the gut shot.  Then in the top of the crowd, left of center was the firefighter head shot.  And trump in the center as well as the floating PIP window.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ajb78:

Right Side Broadcasting?

Can you tell when the firefighter went down? Is it in the first 3 shots, or after?

I can't tell where he is.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:59:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Socio] [#16]
This video touched on it is now they believed between 9-10 shots were fired and how inept the FBI lingo is.

Video:
FBI director bizarrely claims 8 UNSPENT ROUNDS found on roof near Crooks

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#17]

More
View All Quotes

“tRuMp WaS nOt ReAlLy ShOt!”

More

Like it even matters, right?
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Believe me, not my goal... I wrote it up as one wall of text with TLDR / spoiler out of courtesy but that is vorboten
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cycolac] [#19]
Originally Posted By Socio:
This video touched on it is now they believed between 9-10 shots were fired and how inept the FBI lingo is.

Video:
FBI director bizarrely claims 8 UNSPENT ROUNDS found on roof near Crooks

View Quote

As much as I want to believe there were others than just crooks involved - even if just passively involved, I'm not going to hang the whole incident conspiracy on someone using incorrect but very close terminology. That isn't the smoking gun in this case.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Another twist, spotted this:

Sure enough he did sell the shares:

CrowdStrike Holdings' Chief Security Officer Sells 4,000 Shares
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#21]

https://i.postimg.cc/vTXK4BQD/Clowdstrike-B.jpg

View Quote
Generally a C level cannot just "sell" shares. There is a process for it and it isn't quick.

Not to say the timing isn't weird but it likely isn't connected.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Audio analysis Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF4RFPXcTlI
View Quote

The first 3 shots being drastically different from the followup is somewhat compelling. His explanation of mic gating at the end doesn't make any sense. You don't hear the SS sniper's rifle report because they run suppressors, not because the supersonic crack was so loud that it caused the mic to start gating. I don't know why the rifle report would be missing from Trump's mic for some of the shots from the second volley. I don't think it would make sense that some would cause the mic to gate and not others since we all know the first shot was the closest to the mic, and therefore should be the loudest, but didn't cause this gating.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Can you tell when the firefighter went down? Is it in the first 3 shots, or after?

I can't tell where he is.
View Quote

I think you'd have to pull the video into some fancier software where you could slow it down, blow up sections, and also visualize the audio waveforms to do any real sort of analysis.  Heads start dropping in the top left of the bleachers at shot #2.

That particular video is 10hr long.  I'll leave it to somebody else to download it and analyze it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

It's all in this twitter thread.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

The Crowdstrike thing didn't "wipe servers".  Unless others' experience was different, all you had to do was boot into maintenance mode and delete a file.  Then it would boot normally.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

The first 3 shots being drastically different from the followup is somewhat compelling. His explanation of mic gating at the end doesn't make any sense. You don't hear the SS sniper's rifle report because they run suppressors, not because the supersonic crack was so loud that it caused the mic to start gating. I don't know why the rifle report would be missing from Trump's mic for some of the shots from the second volley. I don't think it would make sense that some would cause the mic to gate and not others since we all know the first shot was the closest to the mic, and therefore should be the loudest, but didn't cause this gating.
View All Quotes
Audio analysis Part 2

didnt they also cut off trumps mike?
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Thirteener:

Haven't seen video but there was a photo sequence taken by a NY Times reporter that caught it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/s/CLoka499Lu
View Quote

Blood on hand after initial contact... confirmed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

View All Quotes
Audio analysis Part 2

No. One of the videos I saw had Trump's mic on all the way through. You could hear him say "let me get my shoes" several times, then 'hold on a second" (or something similar) before doing the fist pump.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]

More
View Quote

The last quote by him in your post sounds pretty retarded.  How could a bullet graze an ear and not land somewhere?  Does he think Trump magically vaporized it.

Beyond that, where would this possible shrapnel have come from?  Are we back to the debunked teleprompter claim.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#31]
JUST RELEASED: Additional Bodycam footage where Trump Shooter was positioned

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is making public the full extent of bodycam footage obtained from local law enforcement thus far and filmed in the hour following the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump. Grassley obtained these videos from the Beaver County Emergency Services Unit (ESU) in compliance with congressional requests. Grassley continues to review all records he receives in response to oversight requests issued to federal and local agencies and is making public all relevant records in the interest of transparency.

The videos show Beaver County ESU officers and United States Secret Service (USSS) personnel accessing the rooftop from where the shooter fired and gathering evidence in the immediate aftermath of the attack.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Yet he still holds $67 million worth of stock after that sale....................non-event
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV_d4Qe7PcM
View Quote

according to that. The officer peering over the edge suffered from possible hand lacerations. No mention of a broken foot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#34]
And the cop pointing out shell casings looks like there were ejecting forwards, just a couple feet.  Barely trickling out of the ejection port.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Def looks like solar holosun rds
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#36]
And the cop pointing out shell casings looks like there were ejecting forwards, just a couple feet.  Barely trickling out of the ejection port.
View Quote

He counted 5 shell casings.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is making public the full extent of bodycam footage obtained from local law enforcement thus far and filmed in the hour following the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump. Grassley obtained these videos from the Beaver County Emergency Services Unit (ESU) in compliance with congressional requests. Grassley continues to review all records he receives in response to oversight requests issued to federal and local agencies and is making public all relevant records in the interest of transparency.

The videos show Beaver County ESU officers and United States Secret Service (USSS) personnel accessing the rooftop from where the shooter fired and gathering evidence in the immediate aftermath of the attack.
View Quote

Sure looks like a telescoping ladder at the 4 minute mark.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#38]

He counted 5 shell casings.
View Quote

That was just 5 standing there in 1 spot.  There may be 3 more he didn't see in that one second of counting.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Ah, yep! An oldie but goodie article by the NY Times (of all places) on FBI fabricated terrorist plots...

But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects na vely played their parts until they were arrested.

When an Oregon college student, Mohamed Osman Mohamud, thought of using a car bomb to attack a festive Christmas-tree lighting ceremony in Portland, the F.B.I. provided a van loaded with six 55-gallon drums of "inert material," harmless blasting caps, a detonator cord and a gallon of diesel fuel to make the van smell flammable. An undercover F.B.I. agent even did the driving, with Mr. Mohamud in the passenger seat. To trigger the bomb the student punched a number into a cellphone and got no boom, only a bust.

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

You literally tow them around.  The military has had them forever.  I think they are dumb because all they become in a combat zone is the the first target, in this environment they would be perfect.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

I'm aware. Do you think that any carrier would put up temporary towers for a two or three hour event? I don't.

You literally tow them around.  The military has had them forever.  I think they are dumb because all they become in a combat zone is the the first target, in this environment they would be perfect.

I know what they're like and I've seen them in use. It just wouldn't make sense for a mobile carrier to bother for such a short event.

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
I LOL'd a bit at the ESU cops using pistol braces.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:

View Quote

That kinda looks like the ladder one of the guys was toting in the video where the cop rammed the gate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

Evil, not stupid.

We'd be smart to not forget that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
That and the thingy that goes up...

I used to think they were just stupid. They aren't.

Evil, not stupid.

We'd be smart to not forget that.

In light of the current situation I find myself hoping that we can attribute this all to malice, because incompetence is far scarier. The idea that the leaders of the premier protective and investigative agencies in the world are bumbling idiots is terrifying.

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#45]

That kinda looks like the ladder one of the guys was toting in the video where the cop rammed the gate.
View All Quotes

Could be.  Don't remember that one well other than the Benny Hill theme running through my head.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Could be.  Don't remember that one well other than the Benny Hill theme running through my head.
View All Quotes

@Bama_Rebel

I don't think it is the same.

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

In light of the current situation I find myself hoping that we can attribute this all to malice, because incompetence is far scarier. The idea that the leaders of the premier protective and investigative agencies in the world are bumbling idiots is terrifying.

View Quote

“It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.”
I think this phrase applies to most people in government and people in high positions for companies or corporations.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#48]

View Quote

That story says the dude still owns 183,000 shares and only sold 4,000.

Kinda deflates the tin-foil aspect.

Context is vital and many idiots don’t care about it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 4:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#49]
Originally Posted By midmo:

The Crowdstrike thing didn't "wipe servers".  Unless others' experience was different, all you had to do was boot into maintenance mode and delete a file.  Then it would boot normally.
View Quote

If someone "forgot" the code to unlock (I think bit locker or something like that) for servers that used active directory to authenticate......this make it really convenient to....Oh damn I have to build this box "over here" from scratch.

I would want someone with more windows based knowledge to chime in here.....I have not used AD in over 10 years.

......the company has all our stuff air gapped and is the root of all evil.......all of our updates are mailed to us from an authorized location and on encrypted drives.  They won't even be recognized by the system until they are unlocked with the correct password.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 4:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#50]

@Bama_Rebel

I don't think it is the same.

View Quote
Looks the same to me.  All black collapsing ladder with the white wording or stickers across the lower part of the uprights.

ETA: It appears to be this one actually: https://www.galls.com/telesteps-tactical-ladder
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top