Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
One small needed step in reforming the system.

Americans have been bamboozled on health care for far too long.

It’s shameful.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me understand this correctly.

Illegal criminals can enter our nation illegally. Get free housing, food, money, medical

Yet American citizens who need medical care can be bankrupt and lose everything over outrageous medical bills.

I'm not condoning not paying your bills. But am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy in this.

Not to mention how many here have paid your medical bills just to get a call saying oh wait you owe more or some idoit saying you didn't pay even though you did and have receipts showing you did. But for some reason, they can find those receipts. Better yet, you have no idea what they are talking about. Because you never had the medical procedure done that are charging you for. You try to explain to them everything and they basically call you a liar and say we're turning this over to collections.

I can understand the fear of some people when it comes to medical bills. So I agree to that not allowing these medical services to use the threat of ruining your credit if you do not pay or pay for things you did not approve or even had done.

Anyways if you really do have a serious injury and go to the ER you've gotta wait hours because of all the illegal criminals sitting in there with runny noses. I remember once years ago. I ran my hand across a table saw by accident. I went to ER and i was the only one there. I had blood all over me. I was pretty near going into shock from the saw cut.

After twenty mins Mexicans can in and they were immediately whisked back. They were young and healthy looking with no signs of trauma. I went fucking berserk. I guess the hospital saw those government dollars that was paying their medical bills and they could bill them pretty much whatever.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There wouldn't be medical debt to "forgive" if this country had Universal Healthcare.
View Quote

Sorry but its not my responsibility to pay for health care for every welfare rat, illegal alien, bum, and freeloader in this country.  You want to pay 50% of your income as taxes, go move to Europe comrade.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Debt to income ratio still matters, if it doesn't show up it'll get people borrowing more than they can afford.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I see Biden has gained a few customers.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Already does not affect credit score. Hasn't for years. It's a nothing law, just posturing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This will lead to higher interest rates for everyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I agree with this.  Especially when medical billing is shady AF.

Then pay your bill on time
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Already does not affect credit score. Hasn't for years. It's a nothing law, just posturing.
View Quote

You know I thought the same thing. Wasn't there already some bill passed about medical being on credit reports.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

that is so fraudulent they should be sued out of existence.  Mob loans are more helpful than that highway robbery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two years ago, I was in cancer mode, and I passed out from hypokalemia in a convenience store. When I came to, I had been transported by ambulance to a hospital. Insurance covered everything but the ambulance. Apparently ambulances operate in some mystery world where the local company has to sign up and negotiate deals or something and my area ambulance doesn't play. Whatever. The bill was around 12K to take me 9 miles. I had the 12K, but some people do not. I was unconscious when this happened and did not really have a choice in the matter. 12K for 9 miles. I can see it on some level.

that is so fraudulent they should be sued out of existence.  Mob loans are more helpful than that highway robbery.

My daughter had to spend 3 days in a hospital including an operation under anesthesia.

They transferred her to another hospital within their system, non emergency, no treatments. They wouldn’t allow us to take her even though she was on no meds or any treatment at that time. They said we would have to start all over again in the er.

The most expensive part of the whole ordeal… the ambulance. I lost it when I saw the bill, and they refused to negotiate. Asked the supervisor if she thought it was a reasonable price and she said “yes, you don’t agree we will send it to collections”
In an industry full of scumbags and over charging, ambulance companies are on another level.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not me, what they propose is already been done I believe. I read and watched that post. They did not say medical institutions couldn't sue you in court and get judgements.

Again though, illegal criminals can come into America illegally and get free medical care on our dime. They use the ERs as their primary care doctors. When they show up these hospitals take them in knowing the government/taxpayers are paying and will milk the system for everything it's worth.

Our entire government and medical industry is screwed up.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was really sick 2 months ago.
Just got the bill.
I have insurance but apparently the er was out of network and even though I couldn't see or walk they decided it wasn't a necessary visit so they aren't covering it.
I should have made up a name.
View Quote

@Danted

Is your insurance through your employer?

If it is, your employer works with a broker.  Reach out to the broker and tell them to fight it.

That’s part of thier job.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you're really EMS, you should know better than this.

It would result in doctors saying, "You pay up front or you didn't get seen." Other countries do this now. If you can't pay, you die on the street.
How much is a few bucks? I stitched up a guy's finger yesterday. He's self pay. I think we charged him about $200.
View Quote

Two hundred bucks sounds pretty reasonable to me for a few stitches in my finger.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does he have this authority?
View Quote

Nobody fucks with a Biden.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
For those questioning the constitutional authority, please read up on the CFPB, and how Title X of Dodd-Frank works.

Regarding efficacy of the change, I dunno. It is funny to see people swing from “no taxes on tips what a brilliant move by the Main Man” to “medical debt can’t go on credit reports? Who the fuck does that guy think he is, with this blatant overreach and vote buying!”
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#15]
you always make better decisions when crucial information is withheld.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:
More incentives not to pay your bills and add more debt to your name.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Anything with a massive legally mandated insurance system under it should be dismantled and set on fire.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Medical billing is more fucked up than it was 20 years ago. 20 years ago, I didn't think that would be possible.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Biden to mandate all medical bills be prepaid before any elective service is rendered.

Get your credit card ready, going to the doc is gonna require a $1000 hold until your insurance pays.

The medical sector is the  number one issuer of unsecured debt. Take away tools to collect that debt, and those issuers will stop giving the credit.

Patients are addicted to getting care now and worrying about paying for it later.

Gonna be fun watching the fallout if it really happens.

View Quote

You’re naive. That’ll never happen. Single payer would be passed before your scenario ever happens.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Medical billing is more fucked up than it was 20 years ago. 20 years ago, I didn't think that would be possible.
View Quote

Wait until medical billing is fully automated with AI.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a Contract Doctor in a hospital try to bill me several thousand dollars for ordering an XRay. What a scam. No, I ended up only paying a $35 deductible.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That only matters if you borrow money.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sorry but its not my responsibility to pay for health care for every welfare rat, illegal alien, bum, and freeloader in this country.  You want to pay 50% of your income as taxes, go move to Europe comrade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There wouldn't be medical debt to "forgive" if this country had Universal Healthcare.

This.

Plus, there’s a reason Canadians come to the USA and pay out of pocket for quick medical care and they might well be dead by the time their free Canadian healthcare finally gets around to treating them, and don’t think for a second they don’t treat elites , random minorities, lgbtq and other special status tards better and bump them ahead of you on the list before you.

Which kinda sucks when it’s cancer treatment.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#24]
The angle of just saying fuck it, not paying and only having a collections idiot call you with no real consequences will be a thing, but only for a while.

What will happen is that hospitals will actually get their shit together and come up with pricing (its not impossible, they have just been ok with how the billing system works). The price will be the same for everyone, as it is required to be by law, and then they will give you an upfront 'insurance discount' if you have insurance.

50% of that amount will be due before you even get seen.

Can't pay it and its not life threatening? Get on Medicare and go to the county hospital where you might be seen, by someone who you can barely call doctor, sometime in the next 6-9 months.

Meanwhile, you could cut out billions in losses by not giving free medical care, that you knew ahead of time would not be paid for, to fucking illegals and then just 'spreading the cost' to everyone else.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#25]
When everyone just quits paying their medical bills what's going to keep the hospitals from going broke?

Medical billing and healthcare in general is a disaster in this country, in large part because of insurance and big government regulations.  This won't make it any better.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Honestly this is probably a net positive.

Every idiot stumbles on a good thing once in a while. Even his old boss 0bama did.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Raise your hand if you or someone you love has been mis-billed by a doctor’s office and had it ding your/their credit…
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

People don't think dictators be like they is, but they do.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome to America where the rules are made up and the points don’t matter.

He didn’t have the authority to coerce tens of millions to take an experimental shot either but…
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You're naive. That'll never happen. Single payer would be passed before your scenario ever happens.
View Quote
lol

It is already happening.

Good facilities demand money up front.

In fact, my afternoon last week got screwed because an insured  patient wouldn't come up with their expected cost share for the nice, efficient, safe surgery center, so now it is being done at the 'hood' hospital because they will 'work' with the patient, so now I am doing it there.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Had a hospital stay for COVID.

I got a bill 18 MONTHS later, for like $1500. I called and said the I never received services in Aug knowing it was the Aug of the previous year.

Never heard back from them on the matter
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When everyone just quits paying their medical bills what's going to keep the hospitals from going broke?

View Quote

One word: "Slaves."

IOW, the American Taxpayer.  Because that's what we are fast becoming.

The government will bail them out, meaning, us slaves on the plantation will just have to work a little HARDER, now won't we?
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm literally never paying for Healthcare again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#34]
hells yeah...medical industrial complex billing can pound sand.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I’m not sure how it will turn out. But usually if the government is involved, it doesn’t help. So I’m guessing the end result is more people getting out of healthcare.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm torn on this one. People need to pay their bills, but medical billing is all fucked up and shady.

I have an ER bill for a few hundred dollars in collections.  Workers comp denied it, I didn't know someone with hep spitting in your eye was no big deal. My insurance would have covered it fully, but hospital kept refusing to send it to insurance claiming it was covered by workers comp. While trying to get it straightened out, they sent it to collections, then I couldn't get it submitted to insurance while it was in collections. By the time they sent it back to the hospital and forwarded to insurance, too much time had passed and it wasn't covered.  I could easily pay it, but I'm not.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Fuck the medical industrial complex and fuck the credit mafia.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This will make the cost of credit - and healthcare - increase for honest people.

Stupid people will cheer anyway.
View Quote

It's gonna be a bull market (of inflation).
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't the alternative an adjustment to lending standards?  Assuming they still exist.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:02:11 AM EDT
[#40]
The people who pay for free shit for everyone else are the only ones who have to worry about "bills." So, for that reason, I am good with this. I pay my bills, but if a doctor bills me for something I don't know about, or something I disagree with, and I don't think I should have to pay it, they shouldn't have the power to fuck with my credit. I am right now arguing about a $400 shingles shot bill they want to saddle me with because I didn't get it at the pharmacy, I got it at the doctor's office. The doctor asked me if I wanted it, so I said yes. Then the insurance company tried to stick me with the bill. I only found out about it when I got a final notice from the doctor. The other half of the shot was at the pharmacy and 100% covered. Does that make any sense? No. I am willing to bet an illegal could go into a clinic and get that shot for free.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:03:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Better than forgiving college loans.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:04:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not me, what they propose is already been done I believe. I read and watched that post. They did not say medical institutions couldn't sue you in court and get judgements.

Again though, illegal criminals can come into America illegally and get free medical care on our dime. They use the ERs as their primary care doctors. When they show up these hospitals take them in knowing the government/taxpayers are paying and will milk the system for everything it's worth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone post this educational video yet?

Navigating The American Healthcare System | South Park: The End Of Obesity
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So instead of addressing the problem (of medical billing and costs), we are just going to close our eyes and look the other way. Should go well in the long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So instead of addressing the problem (of medical billing and costs), we are just going to close our eyes and look the other way. Should go well in the long run.

Pharm owns congress from heels to forehead.  The problem isn't addressable without a complete re roll and term limits.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:12:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like everything else just make it up as they go along.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:14:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

File a police report for kidnapping.  

At that point, they got you by the short and curlies.  You can die on the floor at quik-e-mart or you can fork up for the amberlamps.

What you described doesn't sound like any sort of special treatment for ambulances or a mystery world.  All medical practices negotiate rates for insurance companies.  And sometimes medical practices do not accept certain insurances.  There's a hospital in my town where blue cross insurance will cover everything you need, except the anesthesia.  For whatever reason, the anesthesia guy never got on board with BC/BS.  So you go in for a procedure.  6 weeks later, you get a bill in the mail for $11k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two years ago, I was in cancer mode, and I passed out from hypokalemia in a convenience store. When I came to, I had been transported by ambulance to a hospital. Insurance covered everything but the ambulance. Apparently ambulances operate in some mystery world where the local company has to sign up and negotiate deals or something and my area ambulance doesn't play. Whatever. The bill was around 12K to take me 9 miles. I had the 12K, but some people do not. I was unconscious when this happened and did not really have a choice in the matter. 12K for 9 miles. I can see it on some level.

File a police report for kidnapping.  

At that point, they got you by the short and curlies.  You can die on the floor at quik-e-mart or you can fork up for the amberlamps.

What you described doesn't sound like any sort of special treatment for ambulances or a mystery world.  All medical practices negotiate rates for insurance companies.  And sometimes medical practices do not accept certain insurances.  There's a hospital in my town where blue cross insurance will cover everything you need, except the anesthesia.  For whatever reason, the anesthesia guy never got on board with BC/BS.  So you go in for a procedure.  6 weeks later, you get a bill in the mail for $11k.

There is no reason it should cost 12k. It is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Making poor life decisions should hurt.  That is how people learn to not be stupid.  It really is this simple: get medical insurance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

? Because the people with outstanding medical debt are that much more of a risk? I would think that would settle itself fairly quickly.
I am not really for this, I do think medical costs are absurd. I have a friend that subbed carpet and tile when he was 20. He ran a carpet knife between his thumb and hand. (Nerves etc) his hand works remarkably well. The cost was crazy. He had been paying on that debt for years and probably still is. (He didn’t have insurance).

Making poor life decisions should hurt.  That is how people learn to not be stupid.  It really is this simple: get medical insurance.

Not always possible or realistic. He was 20 and working a job likely to better himself. Maybe didn't have enough money to afford the ridiculous premiums.

Yes I strongly recommend having insurance, I also recognize it isn't something available to everyone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:22:48 AM EDT
[#47]
None of this is gonna matter soon anyways. We are gonna have m4a and rationed care like Canada soon .  Good care will be cash only and if they ban it here it will be in Mexico or some island in the Caribbean or something .  

This shit is so fucked that the tax rate for rationed m4a will be less than premiums and with inflation persisting a majority will support the cheaper tax over the premiums.

Obamacare was the last of many nails in the coffin that got us here and Republicans will never repeal it or the 80 previous years of regulation that fucked things up this bad.  We already kinda have socialized medicine through insurance.  The middle class foots the bill for the poor and those who don't pay their bill as well as the elderly.  The healthy subsidize the obese lazy fucks that eat garbage through premiums already.    Insurance is just the government controlled middle man for our socialized medicine.

The only possible path forward at this point is full socialized medicine where we lower the cost through rationing and letting old people die unless they saved enough money to keep themselves alive a few years longer.

The biggest problem is democrat majorities will be elected to get it done and they probably will fuck more shit up while they have the votes

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why should government be able to decide which lawful debt cannot be reported on?
View Quote

When the government made this mess countless times on top of each decision made along the way.

This time the medical industry went along with it knowing it would be a mess in the long run.

Fuck all of it...

This won't do anything to help it all all though.. yet again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So just drop the insurance and don't pay, seems there is no consequences anymore.

Then taxes will go up in order to pay the medical industry.

This is just free Healthcare and the higher taxes that go with it with extra (or less?) steps.

People can't be refused treatment and they can't use the weapon of credit scores to make you pay, so why pay? I'm sure many will take this approach, making fools of those of us who pay insurance.

That all be say, the medical industry is shady as hell, along with Big Pharma.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My daughter had to spend 3 days in a hospital including an operation under anesthesia.

They transferred her to another hospital within their system, non emergency, no treatments. They wouldn't allow us to take her even though she was on no meds or any treatment at that time. They said we would have to start all over again in the er.

The most expensive part of the whole ordeal  the ambulance. I lost it when I saw the bill, and they refused to negotiate. Asked the supervisor if she thought it was a reasonable price and she said "yes, you don't agree we will send it to collections"
In an industry full of scumbags and over charging, ambulance companies are on another level.
View Quote
So she told you up front that she was willing to accept 10 cents on the dollar.
Page / 6
Top Top