Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 519
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m not going to lie, my confidence is rattled. I’m still in for the ride to the future. Whether that is $10M or zero. Maybe that’s stupid. Is this what capitulation feels like?

An end to the war, squashing inflation, and traditional finance adoption may lift us up.

Use of a nuke, rising inflation and unemployment, and horrible regulation could push us down.

Same as it ever was.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright, new topic for the thread to keep things interesting.

Why is Litecoin holding up so well?

I've had a small amount in my portfolio since forever and never really paid attention to it but I've noticed that it's been diverging with BTC since the summer bottom.  LTC is usually and absolute dog during bear markets so this is unexpected to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:54:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#3]
Speak of the devil...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Only thing I can think of is LTC front-running its halving in Aug '23. It pumped pretty good before the last one in 2019.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By woodsie:

I've had a small amount in my portfolio since forever and never really paid attention to it but I've noticed that it's been diverging with BTC since the summer bottom.  LTC is usually and absolute dog during bear markets so this is unexpected to me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/178958/Capture_JPG-2609798.JPG
View Quote

???

Bitcoin’s quiet sister that hasn’t been fucked six ways to Sunday by the whole town?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Because people just love dabbling in useless shitcoins.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:18:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#7]
Reminds me, I met this nurse a year or so ago. She was talking about LTC. She was/is an LTC maximalist. As-in, F BTC, ETH and everything else. Said she’d been in it a very long time and has invested “probably close to 100 thousand or more” . I found myself absolutely baffled. To the point I had nothing to say, really, other than “huh, that’s interesting.” As bullish as they come for LTC, lol.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Now do 6 years.

5 years cherry picks peak to trough.   You can make a lots of stuff look stupid if you take that approach.

Bitcoin was down between 2013 and 2016 as well.  Long crypto bear markets are nothing new.  I suspect the one we are in right now could last just as long or longer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Originally Posted By Brahmzy:
Ok, now pretend you started in Feb ‘21.

Yea wow - can you imagine?

Ouch.

If you got in Feb '19 - you won; bigly.  (assuming you actually sold)

But man, if you got in, in Feb '21 - you lost.

So over the last 5 years, here we are now - if you bought in 5 years ago, and just held, you'd be up 50%.  Meanwhile,

https://i.postimg.cc/YCXdnd5z/image.png
if you just bought stock in US phosphorus mining operations (Lazy's recommendation in TEAM a while back - with long story backing why ), you'd have doubled your value (103%), compared to buying and holding Bitcoin over the last five years (which is sitting at only 45% 5-year total gain).

And nobody stole all your phosphorus and took it with them to Argentina last week either; nor asked by the IRS "Do you own phosphorus holdings?" as question #1 on your 1040.

Now do 6 years.

5 years cherry picks peak to trough.   You can make a lots of stuff look stupid if you take that approach.

Bitcoin was down between 2013 and 2016 as well.  Long crypto bear markets are nothing new.  I suspect the one we are in right now could last just as long or longer.

Probably - that was the default "go far back" button the websites use, so that's the what I clicked.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me, I met this nurse a year or so ago. She was talking about LTC. She was/is an LTC maximalist. As-in, F BTC, ETH and everything else. Said she'd been in it a very long time and has invested "probably close to 100 thousand or more" . I found myself absolutely baffled. To the point I had nothing to say, really, other than "huh, that's interesting." As bullish as they come for LTC, lol.
View Quote
Well, she was a nurse. Did she also have red hair and love horses?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Probably - that was the default "go far back" button the websites use, so that's the what I clicked.
View All Quotes
Ok, now pretend you started in Feb ‘21.

Yea wow - can you imagine?

Ouch.

If you got in Feb '19 - you won; bigly.  (assuming you actually sold)

But man, if you got in, in Feb '21 - you lost.

So over the last 5 years, here we are now - if you bought in 5 years ago, and just held, you'd be up 50%.  Meanwhile,

https://i.postimg.cc/YCXdnd5z/image.png
if you just bought stock in US phosphorus mining operations (Lazy's recommendation in TEAM a while back - with long story backing why ), you'd have doubled your value (103%), compared to buying and holding Bitcoin over the last five years (which is sitting at only 45% 5-year total gain).

And nobody stole all your phosphorus and took it with them to Argentina last week either; nor asked by the IRS "Do you own phosphorus holdings?" as question #1 on your 1040.

Now do 6 years.

User name is appropriate?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

View All Quotes

There's lots of useless shitcoins to dabble in.  When something divergent is happening it's always good to as "why?".

Doesn't always mean that you agree with the answer but it's good to know.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By goloud:
I’m not going to lie, my confidence is rattled. I’m still in for the ride to the future. Whether that is $10M or zero. Maybe that’s stupid. Is this what capitulation feels like?

An end to the war, squashing inflation, and traditional finance adoption may lift us up.

Use of a nuke, rising inflation and unemployment, and horrible regulation could push us down.

Same as it ever was.
View Quote

My biggest thing right now is how much do I continue to invest / DCA. “Not more than you’re willing to lose” never made anybody wealthy. It’s a grey area. It would hurt (at least be extremely disappointing) if it all went to zero. I invest enough in crypto that it has taken a portion of my discretionary income over the past few years. It has lessened the money I invest elsewhere, save elsewhere and certainly hobby elsewhere.  I think I should limit my DCA amount more than I already have.
Problem is now it’s cheap! Same thing I’ve said since it’s decline from the 40s…
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Reminds me, I met this nurse a year or so ago. She was talking about LTC. She was/is an LTC maximalist. As-in, F BTC, ETH and everything else. Said she’d been in it a very long time and has invested “probably close to 100 thousand or more” . I found myself absolutely baffled. To the point I had nothing to say, really, other than “huh, that’s interesting.” As bullish as they come for LTC, lol.
View Quote

I guess LTC is the closest thing to a better version of BTC without attempting to be something other than what BTC attempts to be.

Still, it doesn't seem fast enough to truly be a usefully better version of BTC.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TW200:

Then don't sweat what they say.
I always felt Bitcoin was working to replace the US dollar. The US dollar as world currency is the main thing that keeps us (US) a world power. Bitcoin will someday undermine the US dollar if bitcoin suceeds.
Got Gold...Silver? When the US dollar goes to total shit metals will shine. I hope that doesn't happen.
View Quote

It already has. You know it, I know it, we all know it. We aren't seeing the full effects of it yet, mostly thanks to inertia, USD dominance and every other country having sinned the same sins and worse, but it is coming.

When the Fed stops promising ever rising returns on foreign investments, and that music into dollar denominated savings and investments stops, it'll be a bad time to be looking for an available chair.

I hold a decent amount of physical but I'm off of my PM mining and royalty shares. I believe we still have more rising dollar and aggressive Fed ahead. Those have been massive headwinds for gold. In fact, I think the Fed is going to have to look aggressive until something finally breaks.

Equities are going to get hammered in future earnings. The recent painful labor shortage is going to make a lot of companies hesitant to adjust staffing levels quickly and fixed payroll combined with falling sales isn't a healthy business environment.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#15]

A list of things.
Rich people making money shorting paper gold and silver
FJB spending US dollars.
Nuclear black swan Putin event
USA Men are women and USA women are men.
US boys are whinney pussies...our next military.
5 million illegals entering the US it the past two years.
5 Million illegals putting a strain on our tax dollars and Hospitals aka heathcare
***FBJ and son seem to be Chinese spies.***
*****Gov is helping the Chinese become the world super power.***
***The Chinese navy is NOW bigger than the USA navy due to FJB.***
F emale B ody I nspectors lied and called our President Trump a spy.
The 2020 elections were rigged.
And many, many more reasons.
All the BS from the last two years will come to roost. Just a matter of time.
View Quote

Yep. It's all a very hard blackpill to swallow. I haven't always been a doomer but physics is physics.
I've had a good year in 2022 investing like this is end days.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#16]

My biggest thing right now is how much do I continue to invest / DCA. “Not more than you’re willing to lose” never made anybody wealthy. It’s a grey area. It would hurt (at least be extremely disappointing) if it all went to zero. I invest enough in crypto that it has taken a portion of my discretionary income over the past few years. It has lessened the money I invest elsewhere, save elsewhere and certainly hobby elsewhere.  I think I should limit my DCA amount more than I already have.
Problem is now it’s cheap! Same thing I’ve said since it’s decline from the 40s…
View All Quotes

Same as it ever was.

I don't think you can ignore maintaining a balance with traditional investments like stocks and bonds.  

I still believe crypto will be bigger in 5 years than it is today but there are existential risks that have been present since the very beginning and you can't ignore that and must have an overall plan that is durable in the event that crypto "goes to zero" even if it seems unlikely.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#17]

I don't think you can ignore maintaining a balance with traditional investments like stocks and bonds.  

I still believe crypto will be bigger in 5 years than it is today but there are existential risks that have been present since the very beginning and you can't ignore that and must have an overall plan that is durable in the event that crypto "goes to zero" even if it seems unlikely.

View Quote

Agreed. Still invest heavily / balance elsewhere, just taking a step back.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#18]
If we get another leg down I think I’m going to load up my btc bags.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#19]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
View Quote

Ok, we must be near the bottom of this bear. @dog-meat is starting to get bullish...
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#21]

Ok, we must be near the bottom of this bear. @dog-meat is starting to get bullish...
View All Quotes

The plebs set the floor.

Attachment Attached File

Easy to spot Satoshi's stack from 2009.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#22]

The plebs set the floor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20221122-103110_Twitter_jpg-2609937.JPG

View All Quotes

The plebs set the floor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20221122-103110_Twitter_jpg-2609937.JPG

I would presume that the majority of that 2009-2012 Bitcoin still idle in 2022 is lost.

That's a neat visualization once you wrap your head around it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#23]

I would presume that the majority of that 2009-2012 Bitcoin still idle in 2022 is lost.

View All Quotes

The plebs set the floor.

You'd be presuming correctly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]

There's lots of useless shitcoins to dabble in.  When something divergent is happening it's always good to as "why?".

Doesn't always mean that you agree with the answer but it's good to know.

View Quote

LTC is one of the few alts that is not likely to be regulated as a security. My guess is this price action may be positioning for inflows if/when sweeping regulation gets passed because it would have more upside than BTC.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:

Double check the address you sent it to and see which chain. If you sent to ERC20 than it may be a software issue with the wallet like I had with my ledger
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARandomClaymore:

I'm trying to find out within CB more information if they did merge them before contacting customer support.

It's a small bag (couple hundred or so), but it's still a bag none-the-less.

Double check the address you sent it to and see which chain. If you sent to ERC20 than it may be a software issue with the wallet like I had with my ledger

@SERVED_USMC

Follow up: All is good. Have my stack of Poly on Ellipal now. Since Poly (purchased in CB) is an ERC-20, I had to add Poly under the Ethereum Network on my Ellipal device. The moment I did, it showed up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ARandomClaymore:

@SERVED_USMC

Follow up: All is good. Have my stack of Poly on Ellipal now. Since Poly (purchased in CB) is an ERC-20, I had to add Poly under the Ethereum Network on my Ellipal device. The moment I did, it showed up.
View Quote

Awesome. Glad you got it sorted out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Rick Rule: “If you really like something and it’s selling for 50% off, you should like it twice as much.”
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CBags04:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CBags04:
Reminds me, I met this nurse a year or so ago. She was talking about LTC. She was/is an LTC maximalist. As-in, F BTC, ETH and everything else. Said she'd been in it a very long time and has invested "probably close to 100 thousand or more" . I found myself absolutely baffled. To the point I had nothing to say, really, other than "huh, that's interesting." As bullish as they come for LTC, lol.

😂
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#30]

That last tweet makes it look like despite 66% of Bitcoin holders holding on to their investments, bitcoin still lost 40% of its value.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:

It already has. You know it, I know it, we all know it. We aren't seeing the full effects of it yet, mostly thanks to inertia, USD dominance and every other country having sinned the same sins and worse, but it is coming.

When the Fed stops promising ever rising returns on foreign investments, and that music into dollar denominated savings and investments stops, it'll be a bad time to be looking for an available chair.

I hold a decent amount of physical but I'm off of my PM mining and royalty shares. I believe we still have more rising dollar and aggressive Fed ahead. Those have been massive headwinds for gold. In fact, I think the Fed is going to have to look aggressive until something finally breaks.

Equities are going to get hammered in future earnings. The recent painful labor shortage is going to make a lot of companies hesitant to adjust staffing levels quickly and fixed payroll combined with falling sales isn't a healthy business environment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Enzo300:

Then don't sweat what they say.
I always felt Bitcoin was working to replace the US dollar. The US dollar as world currency is the main thing that keeps us (US) a world power. Bitcoin will someday undermine the US dollar if bitcoin suceeds.
Got Gold...Silver? When the US dollar goes to total shit metals will shine. I hope that doesn't happen.

That's incorrect. It takes 6 to 7 months for the real affects to show. So sometime next year the shit will really hit the fan.
The stock market is foward looking, but Gov spending will take months and months before the shit totally hits the fan.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Pretty interesting episode of Bankless (podcast) today. Breaks down some pretty good data. Worth a listen if you’ve got some time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Pretty interesting episode of Bankless (podcast) today. Breaks down some pretty good data. Worth a listen if you’ve got some time.
View Quote

Are we fckd?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Are we fckd?
View All Quotes

Are we fckd?

No. Just early.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Are we fckd?
View Quote

Yes, crypto is dead.

I just breaks down a lot of the FTX/SBF issues in easy(ish) to understand terms, but does a good job explaining the domino effect we've seen this year. Starts with Do Kwon and the UST debacle. Also goes into detail on how some of the exchanges and hedge funds played into making/breaking the last bull run. Just an interesting episode overall that I think some would also find interesting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I just made a large Black Friday purchase. Don’t worry fellas, BTC should hit 12K soon.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Put FTX and all the other BS companies and your equations this go round. Also not anymore huge stock profits being made to dump into bitcoin. Even the rich are "hurting" right now.
View Quote

Also have to add interest rates above 0 to the equation. Easy to take on risk with meme stocks, crypto, NFT's, RE, and pie in the sky startups when your idle cash is earning jack squat and borrowing is dirt cheap. Once bit hard by the devil they don't know they scurry back to the one they do know for a 5% return and lick their wounds. Granted bond and CD rates are still below inflation but a 3% yearly loss of purchasing power is much better than a 70% loss.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone get to experience the joy of Coinbase unlinking all your bank accounts?

Now they want my login information for the bank system to use with a third party verification system called "plaid".   Which, of course, did not work.  

Guess its time to find a new exchange.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GraboidHunter:

Now they want my login information for the bank system to use with a third party verification system called "plaid".   Which, of course, did not work.  

View Quote
Yes, Kracken is good (imo).

These days though, immediate self custody all the things.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Plaid is legit. As legit as possible anyway.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Any updates on the Blockfi situation?    Had some parked there to try and diamond hands a small amount.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Detached:
Any updates on the Blockfi situation?    Had some parked there to try and diamond hands a small amount.
View Quote

Nothing useful that I’ve seen. Seems they’re waiting for the FTX/Alameda situation to work itself out, so who knows what’s going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

That happened to me about a month ago.  It took two seconds to re-link with Plaid.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I haven’t seen anything yet. I’ve got (had) their credit card and they were blowing up my email a week or two ago making sure I was aware of my “agreement obligations” in regards to making the payment. Sounds like they really need the cash.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Plaid wouldn't work with my credit union. I forget what the workaround was, but I got CB set up without it and that was right after the IPO. Bought some CB shares and wanted to see how it worked and looked. The bank linking was a solid kick in the dick and frustrating as hell.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Don’t get me started on CB n banking BS. I’ve had to open 2 different checking accounts to finally get it working. I still get the “out of funds” errors a lot, too. Always seems to happen at the worst times too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#47]

I haven’t seen anything yet. I’ve got (had) their credit card and they were blowing up my email a week or two ago making sure I was aware of my “agreement obligations” in regards to making the payment. Sounds like they really need the cash.

View All Quotes

Yeah the third party who owns the card probably freaked out when BlcokFi paused operations. It may not matter much now though as BlockFi is now officially @ dead with Ch. 11 being filed this morning. Those with funds stuck there with o/s card balances may just never pay it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Don’t get me started on CB n banking BS. I’ve had to open 2 different checking accounts to finally get it working. I still get the “out of funds” errors a lot, too. Always seems to happen at the worst times too.
View Quote

It's an aggravation.  Sometimes the bank is the problem though, it's not always CB fucking stuff up.  I ran into that with Fidelity a while back. Worked fine for months then suddenly kept getting flagged and wouldn't work at all afterward.

I gave up dealing with it. With CB1 you don't have to pay debit card fees anymore, so I just do that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By D_J:
BlockFi declares bankruptcy.

Is this news or did I miss it posted already?
View Quote

I'm sure there's more to follow. Anyone in bed with FTX is probably up shit creek and/or engaged in similar business practices.
Page / 519
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top