BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bradley cooper sucks. Chris kyle was way too much of a badass to be played by that loser.

Bradley Cooper said the movie was relevant because "one, gun control"

FUCK him... fudgepacker
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At least there's a chance that BC could be pro-gun.  I say this because he said that he really liked the M4 and learning to handle it when he did the A-Team movie (I watched the extras on the disc).

WRONG... Cooper said the movie was relevant because "gun control"

hes a fucking gun grabber
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least there's a chance that BC could be pro-gun.  I say this because he said that he really liked the M4 and learning to handle it when he did the A-Team movie (I watched the extras on the disc).

WRONG... Cooper said the movie was relevant because "gun control"

hes a fucking gun grabber

I said "chance." If he's anti-freedom, then f-em.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the article: "Kyle, an expert marksman who spread his love for weapons by teaching others how to shoot, was gunned down along with a pal by a fellow discharged vet they had taken to a Texas shooting range to deal with post-traumatic stress disorder."

I don't think I will spend any cash going to see it.

The film is based on the book American Sniper: The Autobiography Of The Most Lethal Sniper In U.S. Military History by Kyle, Scott McEwan and Jim DeFelice. The film chronicles Texas native Kyle’s journey from rodeo cowboy to SEAL Chief with the highest number of sniper kills in U.S. military history.

It has a chance of not sucking, if Spielberg remains true to the source material, which he usually does. .

Much respect for Chris Kyle and what he did while serving our country.  However, his book really sucked!! One of the few books I have ever had to skip large portions of, especially when his wife was "writing"

Will be taking a pass on this movie regardless.

Ya all the respect in the world to Chris Kyle but his book was horrible. I hope the movie is good, makes a ton of money and his family gets a huge chunk of it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll reserve the right to judge the film on it's merits when it comes out.  

It's not like Micheal Moore is helming the production.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just came here to post this. This should be good; I'm hoping this and Lone Survivor does for the GWOT what Band of Brothers and SPR did for WWII.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys do know that this was being worked on while Chris was still alive, right?  He knew Bradley Cooper was going to portray him and obviously didn't give as much of a shit as we apparently do.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys do know that this was being worked on while Chris was still alive, right?  He knew Bradley Cooper was going to portray him and obviously didn't give as much of a shit as we apparently do.

Yeah, BC got the rights to it last May and was working on it for a while.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bradley-cooper-navy-seal-american-sniper-warner-bros-303006
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

GTFO with facts.  This is GD where everything fucking sucks.

ETA: I will definitely see this movie.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Spielberg is not anti gun... when it comes to his guns... he is anti about you having any...
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BC is pro gun.
OK . . . so maybe he aint .

He played great characters in A-Team and Limitless ......I enjoy his work .

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bradley cooper sucks. Chris kyle was way too much of a badass to be played by that loser.

Perhaps "Stone Cold" Steve Austin?  
John

nope. . . . steven segal was born to play this role .

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope he doesn't screw this up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
If Chris Kyle was still alive and involved in making the movie then Cooper and Co would be too afraid to use the movie to push an anti-gun agenda. With Chris gone they can mess with Chris's legacy and push an agenda Chris would not agree with. More people will see a movie than read a book. This movie will have a greater impact on the way Chris is remembered than the book. I am saddened that a great american patriots life story may be used as a tool to promote the very things he would have hated most and fought with all his strength and skill to defeat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least Tom Cruise was not cast as Chris Kyle! That would not have shocked me

I figured it would of been either him or Mark Wahlberg.

So, who do you all think should have gotten the job?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Marky Mark is playing Luttrell in http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Bradley Cooper also narrated an anti Romney film.  Many didn't care for Romney, but to vilify the man during the elections is likening to anointing Obama.  BC is usually smart enough not vocalize of his opinions, but he is hardly one of us.  He's funny, likable, and not too brash, but he  is a progressive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll wait until I it comes out to pass judgement, or boycott.

Spielberg has done some really good stuff, and some bad stuff. Bradley Cooper optioned the book over the phone with Kyle, so he obviously had Chris Kyle's blessing prior to his death, He's come out and said that he really wishes he could've met him, and also said he's spoke to Kyle's wife Taya several times since his death.

Could be good, could be bad. I have a good feeling about Cooper though given his work on USO, so I don't think it'll anti Kyle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#18]
They should have picked Joel Edgerton from Zero Dark Thirty.

He resembles Chris Kyle and they are the same age.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I think Gerard Butler would have been a good choice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#20]
It has potential. Nobody knows anything about it yet, so who knows.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This works for me.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I started re-reading my copy last night.

Stone Cold Steve Austin really would be a great choice for at least the audio version.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saving Private Ryan is the greatest movie ever filmed.  Spielberg, while a fucktard lib, holds veterans in high regard.  I doubt he will make a political statement with this film.

You put that movie on a pretty high fucking pedistal.
It is a great movie....but not that great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tom cruise would have been a better choice honestly. As crazy as he is I generally like his movies. I have jack reacher ready to watch. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut until I see it.

Tom Cruise?
Chris Kyle was not a 50 year old midget
Chris Hemsworth is a pretty good choice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saving Private Ryan is the greatest movie ever filmed.  Spielberg, while a fucktard lib, holds veterans in high regard.  I doubt he will make a political statement with this film.

In my opinion, greatest movie I've ever seen.  You don't have to agree with me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Bradley Cooper personally optioned the rights to this film while Chris Kyle was still alive.

This is his pet project.

I'll give it a chance because I have a hard time believing that Cooper would go so far, personally, to make this happen with the intent of doing Chris a disservice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion, greatest movie I've ever seen.  You don't have to agree with me.

Your right it is your opinion.
As a action /war movie it is tier 1.

...PM me and I will gladly supply you a list of excellent movies by genre
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#28]
If Spielbergo is going to direct this,  won't all the guns be radios anyway?  
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#29]
This aint gonna end well

Expect a montage ending of kyle being murderd at the end and people thinking every veteran with a gun is unstable
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Lulz
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Since this is Hollywood I would have expected Will Smith to be cast as Chris Kyle, there to be some strong female lead/love interest playing the role of an army captain, and the Muslim insurgents as the "good guys" and our U.S. troops as nothing more than assassins killing babies and innocent villagers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This aint gonna end well

Expect a montage ending of kyle being murderd at the end and people thinking every veteran with a gun is unstable

As I said,if it's honest to his book and carries the same attitude it's going to be torn apart as a "hit piece" by the right and the glorification of a sociopath by the left.

Maybe it'll just be an action movie but there will be butt hurt if it's an actual adaptation  of the book.

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If Chris Kyle was still alive and involved in making the movie then Cooper and Co would be too afraid to use the movie to push an anti-gun agenda. With Chris gone they can mess with Chris's legacy and push an agenda Chris would not agree with. More people will see a movie than read a book. This movie will have a greater impact on the way Chris is remembered than the book. I am saddened that a great american patriots life story may be used as a tool to promote the very things he would have hated most and fought with all his strength and skill to defeat.

I would hope there are some very scary well trained guys that will not allow this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Kyle should have been be portrayed by Tom Hardy...

/ thread

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#35]
tom berenger

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least Tom Cruise was not cast as Chris Kyle! That would not have shocked me

I figured it would of been either him or Mark Wahlberg.

So, who do you all think should have gotten the job?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

How about Chris Pratt.  He was one of the DEVGRU operators from Zero Dark Thirty and is also on Parks and Recreation.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top