Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 61
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh please, regale us all with your wisdom but please confine it to the way things currently are, not as you would like them to be.
View Quote

Currently, the Constitution says "shall not be infringed".

How's that working out?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did they still use the wheel in Colonial times?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for nothing, but in colonial days you really had to fuck up to be a felon.  These days the prevailing decision for whether a crime should be a felony is whether the law makers want to use it to remove your rights. I think Ayn Rand had something to say about that.

In colonial times they executed you for such things as leprosy, striking your mother and  thievery,  also don't forget witchcraft.   Hundreds of crimes warranted the death penalty. The death penalty itself was just about anything they could dream up, from hanging to drowning. They even broke people on the wheel.
Did they still use the wheel in Colonial times?

Because I was genuinely curious I looked up executions for leprosy and couldn’t find anything.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You mean like having a bayonet lug or an unpinned muzzle brake on a 16"+ barrel ? Flash hiders you ask ? Nope can't have those either .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@shotar

I am not trying to bait you, I am having an engaged debate.  I have used some rhetoric that was a bit unnecessary, sorry.

But I would sincerely like to hear your focused take on losing your gun rights because you became a felon over silly gun laws, like 30 round magazine.  Or any of the absolutely ridiculous NJ, NY, or CA laws that are convoluted, stupid, and unconstitutional.

Do you really feel like MOVE is the correct decision?  I mean let me speculatively cherry pick here.  Your family has a 10,000 acre farm that has been in the family for few generations.  The state changes gun laws and you become a felon overnight for not destroying, registering, or otherwise getting rid gun stuff that you legally owned the week or month before?

What is your answer here?  Do you still move?  Just sell the farm to whoever pick up and move to Texas is the answer?  

I know that is cherry picking.  But if the right states went the route of a few states could easily be an issue.

You mean like having a bayonet lug or an unpinned muzzle brake on a 16"+ barrel ? Flash hiders you ask ? Nope can't have those either .
I am still hopeful that shotar will address these issues directly to elaborate more on his philosophy.  

It scares me that people in other states MIGHT be branded a felon for a way of life I live every day, a way of life SPECIFICALLY Constitutionally protected.

I am truly bothered by that.  And the comment that you should just not be a felon.  The situation is a complex one, one that DON'T BE A FELON just doesn't work for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep in mind we have no clue how or when the suspect obtained the weapon. Doesn’t matter...gotta push that narrative
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Democracy dies in darkness is a mission objective for FWAPO.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Charged, but not convicted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threatening a DA or Prosecutor, something along those lines

Charged, but not convicted.

Some people should be considering a new line of work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Seriously, no one survives .308?  IIRC, the standard infantry rifle used by the major combatants in WW1 and WW2 was .30 caliber, and I’m pretty sure that not everyone shot during those conflicts died.  Not by a large margin.
View Quote

I'm also fairly certain those conflicts were, on average, at greater distances, under far more stress, with less visibility, and drastically different bullet technology.  Did you really type out a response and decide to hit 'submit' comparing an active shooter in a grocery store to the battlefield a century ago?  

Both sides of this argument are pants-on-head retarded.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will someone please give me a quick Rundown of the facts?
View Quote

Shooter opened fire in a Boulder, CO supermarket yesterday afternoon. 10 fatalities including one officer who responded to the scene. Suspect was taken into custody alive. He’s white, mid-20s/30s, alleged felony record, and used an AR style rifle. Motive still unknown, name of suspect yet to be released by officials.

@WhiskersTheCat
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Waiting on the update:  https://kdvr.com/
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy shot up a supermarket
10 people dead
Unverified person taken as person of interest into custody
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't have a basis to discuss it because it won't impact me. I'm exempt. I was exempt in 94 and under leosa I'll be exempt until I can't hold one anymore. I started my career with an 8+1 9mm and a 5 in the tube 12ga. If that's what we were issued now, I still wouldn't feel like I was missing anything.

I'm defending myself, my home, my county. I'm not jumping out of torpedo tubes into asscrackistan. The mongol hoard is not now and never will be invading my living room.
View Quote

We truly are our own worst enemies . "Nobody needs babnanna clips to hunt deer"
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Another Manchurian candidate triggered by his Fed handlers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't have a basis to discuss it because it won't impact me. I'm exempt. I was exempt in 94 and under leosa I'll be exempt until I can't hold one anymore. I started my career with an 8+1 9mm and a 5 in the tube 12ga. If that's what we were issued now, I still wouldn't feel like I was missing anything.

I'm defending myself, my home, my county. I'm not jumping out of torpedo tubes into asscrackistan. The mongol hoard is not now and never will be invading my living room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@shotar

I am not trying to bait you, I am having an engaged debate.  I have used some rhetoric that was a bit unnecessary, sorry.

But I would sincerely like to hear your focused take on losing your gun rights because you became a felon over silly gun laws, like 30 round magazine.  Or any of the absolutely ridiculous NJ, NY, or CA laws that are convoluted, stupid, and unconstitutional.

Do you really feel like MOVE is the correct decision?  I mean let me speculatively cherry pick here.  Your family has a 10,000 acre farm that has been in the family for few generations.  The state changes gun laws and you become a felon overnight for not destroying, registering, or otherwise getting rid gun stuff that you legally owned the week or month before?

What is your answer here?  Do you still move?  Just sell the farm to whoever pick up and move to Texas is the answer?  

I know that is cherry picking.  But if the right states went the route of a few states could easily be an issue.

Illuminating reply from a mod on an AR15 website.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
WOW, you mod this site and that is your answer?

HOLY COW?????

HOLY COW!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

HOLY COW?????

HOLY COW!!!
View Quote

Are you not entertained ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Shooter opened fire in a Boulder, CO supermarket yesterday afternoon. 10 fatalities including one officer who responded to the scene. Suspect was taken into custody alive. He’s white, mid-20s/30s, alleged felony record, and used an AR style rifle. Motive still unknown, name of suspect yet to be released by officials.

@WhiskersTheCat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat

Thanks brother!
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Live presser right now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

HOLY COW?????

HOLY COW!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOLY COW?????

HOLY COW!!!
Wow. Don't we constantly talk about how the people that run the NRA that have this view are part of the problem ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@shotar

It’s sad really.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't know, that's why I asked.

People in high adrenaline situations don't normally stop and think; they revert to training and I have yet to hear of a mass shooting where the perp went back and made sure everyone they shot was dead. I know "anchor shots" are a thing though.

Not saying any of it is true, just thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Military training” is required to figure out that shooting an injured person at extremely close range (likely in the head) is the best way to ensure that person is dead?  

All that aside, you think anchor shots are a part of “military training?”  

I don't know, that's why I asked.

People in high adrenaline situations don't normally stop and think; they revert to training and I have yet to hear of a mass shooting where the perp went back and made sure everyone they shot was dead. I know "anchor shots" are a thing though.

Not saying any of it is true, just thinking.

The New Zealand shooter did, and filmed it all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
@ all mods and staff come look at this reply.

He is exempt it won't impact him.

I truly hope you were in a rush weren't thinking when you typed that out.  

Your answer is utterly offensive to every gun owner everywhere who believes in the 2nd amendment.

I will again use rhetoric, MAY YOUR CHAINS REST LIGHTLY.

Sad sad answer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#25]
ROP'er.

This changes the narrative.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Suspect Ahmad Elissa (sp?]

23yo.

In hospital, stable condition.

Governor up now, speaking.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#27]
They just gave the suspects name which is not what was reported on here.  Edit - beat by seconds.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ROP'er.

View Quote

Whoa.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#29]
How long until we find out some ultraliberal DA let him out of jail?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Talk about the fox guarding the chicken coop.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Of course, city legislation would have stopped this nut.
View Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Boulder already have an AWB?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely astounding.  And pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Suspect is Ahmad Allisa.... if he’s a ROPer news coverage will be done by tonight
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Waiting for Polis to spout anti gun rhetoric
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whoa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ROP'er.

Whoa.

Interesting. what was the age of the other guy we thought was the shooter? Did this guy convert and change his name like Muhammad Ali?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’ve come to realize that the beyond the location, races of the parties involved, and body count, absolutely no other facts matter now to the media and left leaning public at large.  Even if a fact is a very important piece of the puzzle, it won’t change the story nor public perception and memory. What people think, and what they think they know, is completely shaped by the headlines of news stories, the first paragraphs of a news article, or the segments on the TV. Their opinions are just parroting what the commentators say and nothing more.

(The average American is a Teddy Ruxspin with a new tape shoved in at each news cycle.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody looked up a bunch of info on the shooter. It's posted earlier in this thread.

He indeed has a prison record, so he is a convicted felon.

He also was apparently wanted for threatening the local DA, (I believe that's the same DA who did the press briefings), and Crimestoppers had a $2000 reward offered for info leading to his arrest.

The guy was a 'prohibited person' so he shouldn't have had a firearm in his possession....not that such facts will subdue the leftist gun grabbers from trying to use this as fodder for their gun grabs.

I can only hope that the gun turns out to be stolen, but however he came by it...it was illegal for him to posess.

Yet you have a preponderance of members here on this very site that think that it is just fine and dandy that felons should be able to have guns upon their release without going through the franchise restoration process......Now they are all surprised that a felon does felon things.

It's going to make a huge difference if Mr. Felon bought the weapon from some Joe Blow or if he stole it

I’ve come to realize that the beyond the location, races of the parties involved, and body count, absolutely no other facts matter now to the media and left leaning public at large.  Even if a fact is a very important piece of the puzzle, it won’t change the story nor public perception and memory. What people think, and what they think they know, is completely shaped by the headlines of news stories, the first paragraphs of a news article, or the segments on the TV. Their opinions are just parroting what the commentators say and nothing more.

(The average American is a Teddy Ruxspin with a new tape shoved in at each news cycle.)

I love when I'm told that the average American is so well informed due to the access to news we have today that the EC is no longer a necessity.  We are probably less informed than your average colonist.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I thought the name was Martin Whitebread?

Now it is Ahmed Terrorist?
[#40]
Wow there are some really sorry ass replies in this thread.
[#41]
The suspect in the Boulder, CO shooting has been identified as Ahmad Alyssa, 21, of Arvada.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Unbelievable response...from a mod no less.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Not terrorism.

C'mon man , say it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldnt take that bet... ghetto goblins and methheads are travelling 50 miles already to steal from homes, and I'm VERY rural.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Ahmahd Alissa ?!?

sp?

What in the cross-threaded fuck ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just remember that 40 million guns were purchased last year because people either feared their government and/or the inability of that government to protect them. Can’t stop the signal
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/442C7E4F-3EE8-440A-9E39-C3B75634CBB6_jpe-1876634.JPG
View Quote

OT anybody know where the rest of this set is ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
@shotar

My personal opinion is you owe the entire site, including Brownells, an apology after an answer like that.  

But that is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Your answer is utterly offensive to every gun owner everywhere who believes in the 2nd amendment.

Sad sad answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad sad answer.

I bet he kills shit at 1000 yards
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't have a basis to discuss it because it won't impact me. I'm exempt. I was exempt in 94 and under leosa I'll be exempt until I can't hold one anymore.
View Quote

Ah, now everything you've said makes sense. You're one of THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE.
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top