Page / 47
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Modelo Sol is a low carb beer.
No, Modelo is not AB.
View Quote

Personally I don't buy the whole Modelo isn't InBev thing.  It's not like it would be difficult to set up a shell company to pretend to own the brand in the US.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

AB Inbev has more than 500 brands so it would be exceptionally hard to put them out of business worldwide, but many of those brands were purchased for a premium during the last decade or so.

That means the Inbev has to keep the cash coming in to service the debt load for those purchases.

If enough cash isn't coming in, Inbev may have to start selling off some of the slower moving and/or less profitable brands.

Iger has put one third of Disney up for sale in an effort to sell off enough subsidiaries to raise cash to keep their core products intact.

Keep at it!

It is working but it takes a considerable bit of time to cause long term damage to these massive corporations.

Taunt anyone you see drinking Bud Light and inform as many people as you can to make them aware that buying other Inbev brands is just as bad as buying BL.

The power of the purse is real and we are about to see it in action on a scale that has never been seen before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AB has a lot of other brands besides BL.

Doesn't matter.  AB is too big to take down.  While it is great that some are boycotting all AB brands, the downfall of Bud Light is enough to send the message- and that is exactly the purpose.

AB Inbev has more than 500 brands so it would be exceptionally hard to put them out of business worldwide, but many of those brands were purchased for a premium during the last decade or so.

That means the Inbev has to keep the cash coming in to service the debt load for those purchases.

If enough cash isn't coming in, Inbev may have to start selling off some of the slower moving and/or less profitable brands.

Iger has put one third of Disney up for sale in an effort to sell off enough subsidiaries to raise cash to keep their core products intact.

Keep at it!

It is working but it takes a considerable bit of time to cause long term damage to these massive corporations.

Taunt anyone you see drinking Bud Light and inform as many people as you can to make them aware that buying other Inbev brands is just as bad as buying BL.

The power of the purse is real and we are about to see it in action on a scale that has never been seen before.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have they fired that Bitch of Marketing yet?  As a “frat boy”, I gotsta’ know
View Quote

She's on .... how to say it ...

unofficial totally not fired no way nu-uh ...

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

CEO responsible for all  this mess is 1000% not backing down and is trying to ride the fence and thinks that's viable.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  AB is too big to take down.  While it is great that some are boycotting all AB brands, the downfall of Bud Light is enough to send the message- and that is exactly the purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AB has a lot of other brands besides BL.

Legit question ... how old are you?

Wait, don't answer.

Ask the old farts about pan am. Ask them about eastern airlines. Ask them about sears.

This is not me saying yeaahh, we can, it's invetiable! ...

I literally just meant that they are mouthing off while they still have a soft underbelly.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Keep at it!

View Quote

So, the news on disney is slower, but it's been a fairly steady drip-drip

I've been keeping up with the lowlights here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Disney-going-to-get-it-s-financial-teeth-knocked-out-7-17-Iger-puts-1-3-of-disney-up-for-sale--/5-2649974/?page=1

They've also lost a billion on the eight movies up to or just before indy and the depends of destiny, they went from ... what, 13bn to 4bn (I believe profits?) from 2019 to now, and they are staring down the barrel of a minimum of a forced 9bn dollar bill later this year.  They're in a bad spot.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Have they flown the Roman Catholic flag at their headquarters yet?

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Different topic entirely but some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSKgN-P5dE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeuCs7BJRE

Or look up how elon has constantly over-sold the self driving feature in teslas, etc.

There's stuff out there if you poke around.
View Quote

I remember those days, argued with the "E-Vees will be 50% of sales by 2020" crowd in GD
"Guys, you've bought into this ^ because they wanted your money for their stock, that doesn't mean- "
and off to the races.

IMHO? Elon wasn't doing anything that other tech businesses or even auto businesses haven't done before, or worse.
He was doing what they've done for years, he just did it better
(and did deliver some products)

But the past ~15 years has made me VERY weary of the phrases:
"The way of the future"
"The way things are going"
"Muh horse and buggy crowd, Gee-Dee are just a bunch of scared luddites!
"In 2017 2018 2020 2022 we will simply have ___________ fantasy thing I like!" (But it would but absurdly expensive, technology doesn't exist yet and there isn't a guarantee it will, etc)

A lot of those people have egg ALL over their faces, they fell for some persuasion pieces and stopped using their critical thinking skills
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You'll notice that the better pundits and analysts on box office returns always mention when they are using official numbers and when they are not and state when they're having to speculate.

People who count beans seem to be amazingly competent at lying and hiding stuff. If anything, the way DS9 portrayed the ferengi accounting and business practice may be an understatement.
View Quote

This ^ is such a normal and commonplace thing now, watching "big institutions" effectively lie to people/obscuring what's really going on, for any number of things.
All while pretending to tell the truth, and screeching at people (or suing them) who get close to the truth hidden beneath the smoke screen.
Worse: They saw what was under it, and said it out loud, and other people heard it.

At this point on one end of the spectrum, we have the people who just cling to Official_NarrativesTM like Linus hugging his blanket, no matter how nonsensical or absurd.
We have friends whose minds sort of broke, and have gone down the flat earth rabbit hole

Most of us are somewhere in between.
At this point, we're all trying to re-map reality, full well knowing how normalized dishonesty is now
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The analysts job is allegedly to get answers and data that helps them analyze a company and inform investment decisions. The c-suite guys are supposed to use the call to explain prior performance and then give guidance on future.

IME sometimes you'll hear some mildly pointed questions but the suits almost always have a canned answer and usually tap dance around rather than giving hard guidance even when there's no explosive political element.

I'm hoping for really tough questions and some fireworks and lost tempers this time, but I've never seen or heard of anything like this entire scenario so I have no clue how hard the analysts will push. I'm just guessing they will mostly be PC unfortunately. But fingers crossed!
View Quote

TBH part of me expects a Bob Iger style admission/non-admission, claim they've never supported anything, but it's also ImportantTM that they talk down to their audience with NYC/SF values.
Absolute mental gymnastics
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FlashMan, you have been Geralted. You are now in the company of some of the best social philosophers in ARFCOM.
View Quote

[gravely whisper] "Flash is a wise fellow, and GD should pay attention to his insights"

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I must be thrust unwillingly into such ...

https://neilschultz.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/abandonhope.jpg

For I have none to give. Only God does.
View Quote

Just some background music for posting

Toss A Coin To Your Witcher - Classical Guitar Cover (Beyond The Guitar)
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Disney-going-to-get-it-s-financial-teeth-knocked-out-7-17-Iger-puts-1-3-of-disney-up-for-sale--/5-2649974/?page=1

They've also lost a billion on the eight movies up to or just before indy and the depends of destiny, they went from ... what, 13bn to 4bn (I believe profits?) from 2019 to now, and they are staring down the barrel of a minimum of a forced 9bn dollar bill later this year.  They're in a bad spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep at it!

Outside of Avatar I don't think they've had a mega blockbuster since COVID and Endgame.  And as you said, most of their woke movies have tanked, some HARD. With the strike, you got to think anything in production now is stalled and costing them a bunch more.
Disney+ is losing billions per year which is mind-boggling since they have a huge catalog of shows and movies
Some articles rumor that Iger is about to sell off some of their TV and streaming assets and maybe the whole thing (Apple being mentioned).

5-8 yrs ago they were making so much money I don't think they could top it if they had a mint printing it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/Ic7HkzSJnV8AAAAC/witcher-the-witcher.gif

[gravely whisper] "Flash is a wise fellow, and GD should pay attention to his insights"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FlashMan, you have been Geralted. You are now in the company of some of the best social philosophers in ARFCOM.

You strike me as a guy who was a gamer and not terribly involved in politics who got ... "wilded" by the game journos and reacted by becoming politically aware.

Is my guess far off?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Outside of Avatar I don't think they've had a mega blockbuster since COVID and Endgame.  And as you said, most of their woke movies have tanked, some HARD. With the strike, you got to think anything in production now is stalled and costing them a bunch more.
Disney+ is losing billions per year which is mind-boggling since they have a huge catalog of shows and movies
Some articles rumor that Iger is about to sell off some of their TV and streaming assets and maybe the whole thing (Apple being mentioned).

5-8 yrs ago they were making so much money I don't think they could top it if they had a mint printing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep at it!

Funny thing on avatar. Apparently they aren't allowed to really get in on the profits from that. Not the same way as they have with other films. I don't know the exact details.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep at it!

It's amazing how fast they slid, it really is amazing.
They wanted to lecture their audience so badly that they've missed how many billions in potential profits by now?
And they won't fucking stop.

It's going to take a Bud Light failing and Star Wars being sold, to get SOME execs to break ranks.
And yet we know that some woke execs will not give up their religious purity.
They would rather tank their whole company than come to grips with the fact that they are the niche audience not worth making happy.

ETA: it's going to take a bank failing (for de-banking someone, and the customers finally have it and leave) before they decide to knock it off.

.........or the banks will demand legislation that protects them from consumers realizing they can be de-banked for political stances and leaving
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Funny thing on avatar. Apparently they aren't allowed to really get in on the profits from that. Not the same way as they have with other films. I don't know the exact details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep at it!

I'm guessing bc it is/was a 21st Century Fox film well into production before Disney acquired it and they had other liabilities.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You strike me as a guy who was a gamer and not terribly involved in politics who got ... "wilded" by the game journos and reacted by becoming politically aware.

Is my guess far off?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is my guess far off?

A bit, but there's a neat easter egg in there

I was someone who - when all the people my age went gaga for Jon Stewart, I could sit there in silence and not laugh.
Leftie hack.
"He's a comedian!" Well, yes, also, he's a left wing activist.

I remember trying to explain, "Yes wikipedia is biased toward the left, why did Obama's wiki page suddenly have all mention of certain things scrubbed after he won the primary in 2008?
Pages of right wing figures have ridiculous things that stay no matter what?"

"Yes snopes is biased, seriously read some of these?"

"Yes Google is biased - look at the google doodles. Look at the days they find important, and the ones they don't.
Watch how they disappear Breitbart from results for hurting their feelings, but leftie news outlets stay no matter what they get wrong, or what they claim"

People would laugh at me for saying stuff like this ^ years ago, that we allll know to be true now and accept to be true, and it's a mainstream view.
There's a lot of us on this board who lived that, I'm one of them for sure

It was amazing to watch the media machine feed a new issue/policy stance/"bad guy" group (usually us or a hobby we like, etc), fed into the stamping machine.
BOOM, here is your stance on the issue, now go attack your cousin at the BBQ for disagreeing on _______.
Over, and over, and over, on issue after issue.

When it came for the video gamers (who were, tbh, often default-lefties the way many young people are) and it redpilled a fuckton of them, I jumped in my chair.
They came for a group with the stamping machine and a bunch of them woke up immediately

TBH I felt like the french guy in The Patriot following along with them

And times,

IMHO they were the Trump kids making Pepe memes
They were reposting the embarrassing forbidden emails, that some of the older folks saw, carrying it around the media firewall trying to protect Bill Clinton's side-piece

I was absolutely fascinated watching that one, gamergate
What gives me hope for the future, lockdowns and jab mandates red-pilled the fuck out of a bunch of today's 20 year olds.
Bonus: They're repulsed by the purple-haired mountain-panda-kin, and these are the people who are more likely to reproduce (didn't take literal castration hormones.)

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was someone who - when all the people my age went gaga for Jon Stewart, I could sit there in silence and not laugh.
Leftie hack.

I remember trying to explain, "Yes wikipedia is biased toward the left, why did Obama's wiki page suddenly have all mention of certain things scrubbed after he won the primary in 2008?

"Yes Google is biased - look at the google doodles. Look at the days they find important, and the ones they don't.
Watch how they disappear Breitbart from results for hurting their feelings, but leftie news outlets stay no matter what they get wrong, or what they claim"

People would laugh at me for saying stuff like this ^ years ago, that we allll know to be true now and accept to be true, and it's a mainstream view.

It was amazing to watch the media machine feed a new issue/policy stance/"bad guy" group (usually us or a hobby we like, etc), fed into the stamping machine.
BOOM, here is your stance on the issue, now go attack your cousin at the BBQ for disagreeing on _______.

When it came for the video gamers (who were, tbh, often default-lefties the way many young people are) and it redpilled a fuckton of them, I jumped in my chair.
They came for a group with the stamping machine and a bunch of them woke up immediately

https://64.media.tumblr.com/31799a8b3af496d54258a08e5d1cf0cb/tumblr_inline_op53e2Mqi81rofjpu_250.gif

And times,

https://i.imgflip.com/5o094j.jpg

They were reposting the embarrassing forbidden emails, that some of the older folks saw, carrying it around the media firewall trying to protect Bill Clinton's side-piece

What gives me hope for the future, lockdowns and jab mandates red-pilled the fuck out of a bunch of today's 20 year olds.
Bonus: They're repulsed by the purple-haired mountain-panda-kin, and these are the people who are more likely to reproduce (didn't take literal castration hormones.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is my guess far off?

Leftie hack.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/31799a8b3af496d54258a08e5d1cf0cb/tumblr_inline_op53e2Mqi81rofjpu_250.gif

And times,

I'm just the dork whos parents listened to rush when he first came on (and I did after that for most of my life) and I got to read a lot of stuff that was conservative.

It was something else watching gamergate. Already being pretty politically aware, pretty early in it I thought to myself that the gamers were about to get politics shoved down their throat and they wouldn't quite know how to handle it, but that they'd reflexively lash out against ars technica, kotaku, and all those trolls attacking them for no good reason.  I'm sure the chan culture was around at least in some form than, but it was like watching that whole group get born.

Or supercharged with fresh blood. IDK why, but your writing style reminded me of them, but with several years more polish.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

CEO responsible for all  this mess is 1000% not backing down and is trying to ride the fence and thinks that's viable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

I don’t believe there is anything they could say to make people happy.  Once a lynch mob is fired up, guilt or innocence is irrelevant, they are going to hang someone.

But I’ll ask the question:  is there anything the CEO could say or disclose that would make you say “that’s cool, all good, let’s all go back to drinking Bud Light”?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don’t believe there is anything they could say to make people happy.  Once a lynch mob is fired up, guilt or innocence is irrelevant, they are going to hang someone.

But I’ll ask the question:  is there anything the CEO could say or disclose that would make you say “that’s cool, all good, let’s all go back to drinking Bud Light”?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

You mean, should I quote myself from this thread multiple times?

Why are you even asking?

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why are you even asking?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

Why are you even asking?

Oh, sorry if you’ve already mentioned, it’s 24 pages long.  I’ve just read the last few posts.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh, sorry if you’ve already mentioned, it’s 24 pages long.  I’ve just read the last few posts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

Why are you even asking?

... and collected on the first page, multiple times, in the spoilers.

Given how I've seen you act with other posts I don't trust your motivations ... if you didn't post the way you do I would have just directly answered you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Given how I've seen you act with other posts I don't trust your motivations ... if you didn't post the way you do I would have just directly answered you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

Why are you even asking?

No problem. I’m clearly joining this thread too late.

I didn’t see see any mention in the page one spoilers of how they could win you back, but maybe didn’t read closely enough.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This ^ is such a normal and commonplace thing now, watching "big institutions" effectively lie to people/obscuring what's really going on, for any number of things.
All while pretending to tell the truth, and screeching at people (or suing them) who get close to the truth hidden beneath the smoke screen.
Worse: They saw what was under it, and said it out loud, and other people heard it.

At this point on one end of the spectrum, we have the people who just cling to Official_NarrativesTM like Linus hugging his blanket, no matter how nonsensical or absurd.
We have friends whose minds sort of broke, and have gone down the flat earth rabbit hole

At this point, we're all trying to re-map reality, full well knowing how normalized dishonesty is now
View Quote
We now live in a low trust society.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm just the dork whos parents listened to rush when he first came on (and I did after that for most of my life) and I got to read a lot of stuff that was conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is my guess far off?

Leftie hack.

And times,

That guy was amazing. Absolutely amazing, we're absolutely blessed to have had him

It was something else watching gamergate. Already being pretty politically aware, pretty early in it I thought to myself that the gamers were about to get politics shoved down their throat and they wouldn't quite know how to handle it, but that they'd reflexively lash out against ars technica, kotaku, and all those trolls attacking them for no good reason.  I'm sure the chan culture was around at least in some form than, but it was like watching that whole group get born.

It absolutely was!
IMHO a lot of the "B-tards" of 4chan went into politics.
Many of them were Trump guys in 2016.
One even shouted "PEPE!" at a Hillary Clinton rally.

I had an ultra political relative telling me that HC speech was the moment she was turning the corner, that it was over for Orangeman and the right.
I kinda smirked, apolitical internet-hooligans thinking conservative politics are "fun" (they had one of their own prank an American Aristocrat), we have an internet groundgrame.

Or supercharged with fresh blood. IDK why, but your writing style reminded me of them, but with several years more polish.

I can see that, I get that
I have a lot of forum miles on me if we're being honest.
I can absolutely see where my posting style/internet communication choices have a, for lack of a better way of phrasing it, an "internet person" accent
Sort of like southerners have the drawl.

I sometime enjoy translating into "4chan" to make our younger GDers laugh

I had a college roommate who was obsessed with 4chan, he'd read off the funniest green-texts
Some of those were so funny, I'd cry laughing

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We sure do

ETA: Know what I find neat though?
Enough of us can see through this chaos now
We've been sitting here accurately predicting the cope-pieces of the press, the shaming pieces, the denials, all of it

Instead of trusting the journalists, we trust eachother.
Our little community here is making sense of this mess, and I can't help but feel good about that part

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Congrats Harvard marketing degree on the epic success
View Quote

Considering they have retard legacy and affirmative action students as their base it is not surprising.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Never?

The customers Bud abandoned didn’t quit drinking beer. They moved to other brands that want them. Those beer makers are still going to need ingredients.
View Quote

They don't use rice. That is a bud thing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be uncharacteristic ...

We aren't.

Not yet, at least. We are definitely far lower trust than we used to be, even in just my lifetime.

My category for low trust societies is what little I know of the topic from the soviets and from waht you see in the ccp.

Low trust is when you reflexively train your kids from the youngest age that there are things you cannot ever *ever* say in public. When you are careful what you say to your kids in the home, even.

When you never, ever stick your neck out, in any conditions. When your basic default is to try and avoid saying or doing anything you don't have to, because you do not have any trust that it wont be post-facto illegalized.

Low trust is when this is so ingrained into your society that toddler age kids can be kidnapped from their families off a crowded street in broad daylight and not only will nobody help, they try to suppress their urge to even look and they hurry to get away. (This was tested by people on the chinese mainland and you can find the videos).

I don't think we have the slightest idea how bad endgame of low-trust society is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I didn’t see see any mention in the page one spoilers of how they could win you back, but maybe didn’t read closely enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

Why are you even asking?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Bud-down-even-more-UPD-7-17-Down-23-6-over-july-4th-/5-2644017/?page=19#i104767212

HEY AB: wanna fix it? You now have no choice. Either choose the sith emperor and go fully to the dark side, and wind up living hated and loathed by everyone - side with blackrock, and sexual anarchy, and "we're coming for your kids" - or utterly disown the dark side, call it what it is, than prove to everyone you really believe it by consistently for the rest of your lives acting like someone who believes what they are saing. Even when nobody's looking.

Or just keep sitting on the judas chair, praying the weight doesn't get to be too much. It's your choice.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Bud-down-even-more-UPD-7-17-Down-23-6-over-july-4th-/5-2644017/?page=17#i104726834
Hopefully it's bad enough to lose them retail space and more.

They deserve it.

They won't even admit they were and are wrong to be involved in that stuff, much less quit it with the racist stuff that wink wink nod "doesn't" happen in hiring and firing and the pursuit of obviously wrong ratings protection schemes.

Etc. Riddled all throught the thread.

In short: realize it's wrong. Believe it is. Fess up that it was wrong, because you publicly said it was right. Do what those beliefs require. Even when nobody's looking.

Instead, they are trying to straddle the fence. I guess hoping to win both sides back - corporate equity index either stripped their rating or downgraded it, sexual anarchy bars are unhappy with them, because they did anything besides call us all scummy bigots and tell us "bite my rump."  

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Bud-down-even-more-UPD-7-17-Down-23-6-over-july-4th-/5-2644017/?page=19#i104767212

HEY AB: wanna fix it? You now have no choice. Either choose the sith emperor and go fully to the dark side, and wind up living hated and loathed by everyone - side with blackrock, and sexual anarchy, and "we're coming for your kids" - or utterly disown the dark side, call it what it is, than prove to everyone you really believe it by consistently for the rest of your lives acting like someone who believes what they are saing. Even when nobody's looking.

Or just keep sitting on the judas chair, praying the weight doesn't get to be too much. It's your choice.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Bud-down-even-more-UPD-7-17-Down-23-6-over-july-4th-/5-2644017/?page=17#i104726834

They deserve it.

They won't even admit they were and are wrong to be involved in that stuff, much less quit it with the racist stuff that wink wink nod "doesn't" happen in hiring and firing and the pursuit of obviously wrong ratings protection schemes.

In short: realize it's wrong. Believe it is. Fess up that it was wrong, because you publicly said it was right. Do what those beliefs require. Even when nobody's looking.

Instead, they are trying to straddle the fence. I guess hoping to win both sides back - corporate equity index either stripped their rating or downgraded it, sexual anarchy bars are unhappy with them, because they did anything besides call us all scummy bigots and tell us "bite my rump."  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

permanent leave.

@BernerLover

Why are you even asking?

They deserve it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, it's not a boycott. They have been permanently canceled. There is no way to undo what has been done. It is as permanent as cutting your dick off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No, it's not a boycott. They have been permanently canceled. There is no way to undo what has been done. It is as permanent as cutting your dick off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I believe as well.

But I respect hearing different opinions on it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If suburban white guys would turn off the pro-sports ball this shit would go away.

We prop up those who hate us.
View Quote

Absolutely this. It sucks away hours of time and billions of dollars, and fans have nothing to show for it. The fans haven’t done anything, improved themselves in any way, or received anything. They just spend time and money on people who hate them and everything about them.

I really just don’t understand why people keep watching grown men play children’s games (and often paying for the privilege). If you love the game, get out and play it with a local team.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Absolutely this. It sucks away hours of time and billions of dollars, and fans have nothing to show for it. The fans haven’t done anything, improved themselves in any way, or received anything. They just spend time and money on people who hate them and everything about them.

I really just don’t understand why people keep watching grown men play children’s games (and often paying for the privilege). If you love the game, get out and play it with a local team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If suburban white guys would turn off the pro-sports ball this shit would go away.

We prop up those who hate us.

You are completely right about this.

But most of same logic in your first paragraph also applies to posting on Arfcom
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe there is anything they could say to make people happy.  Once a lynch mob is fired up, guilt or innocence is irrelevant, they are going to hang someone.

But I'll ask the question:  is there anything the CEO could say or disclose that would make you say "that's cool, all good, let's all go back to drinking Bud Light"?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Leftie hack.
View Quote

I remember in college when the daily show with thar douche was becoming popular. Couldn't stand him then and my opinion of him has only worsened over the decades
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. People will realize there is better beer out there, not just craft beer, and not go back
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.westernjournal.com/lone-member-splits-beer-compliance-board-says-bud-light-violated-code-marketing-minors/

Lone Member Splits with Beer Compliance Board, Says Bud Light Violated Code by Marketing to Minors

Now, a dissenting vote in a review board that monitors beer industry marketing has accused it of doing something even worse — and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday was making sure Americans know it.

First, the good news for the beleaguered beer brand.

According to Newsweek, a 2-1 vote of the Beer Instittute’s Code Compliance Review Board found that Bud Light had not violated marketing codes through its partnership with the now-notorious “transgender” influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

The bad news is, that one vote against Bud Light could hurt.

But the losing vote — cast by former Tennessee state Judge Paul Summers ...

As Summers wrote, according to the committee’s news release:

“The entertainer enjoyed being accepted by young children. The actor celebrated the 365 days of ‘Girlhood.’ An actor, entertainer, or social media influencer, Mulvaney appeals to persons below the legal drinking age with a ‘special attractiveness.’ Mulvaney is especially attractive to young teens and girls; is often recognized as preadolescent; and caters to very young people. [Anheuser-Busch] knew all this, or the company’s leadership should have known.”

Please note the ... (ellipses). This article is not easy to TL : DR shorten. See and read the original. I have given a very truncated summary.

Here is the senate discussion of the finding: https://www.commerce.senate.gov/2023/7/former-state-judge-and-ag-sides-with-sen-cruz-on-bud-light-s-controversial-dylan-mulvaney-campaign

Here is the board's finding, with the judge's dissent: https://www.beerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/CCRB-Dylan-Mulvaney-Complaint-Packet-with-Decisions-7.18.23.pdf

From the linked board paperwork and finding:
Context-
Nature of Complaint: Senators Cruz and Blackburn allege that by affiliating with Dylan Mulvaney, a social media influencer, Anheuser-Busch Companies violated the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code Section 3(c)(i) and Buying Guidelines prohibiting marketing to individuals younger than the legal drinking age.

Dissenting member's full statement in the fold:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#42]
How about providing alcohol to minors? Tack that on. Presuming the can wasn't empty.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't believe there is anything they could say to make people happy.  Once a lynch mob is fired up, guilt or innocence is irrelevant, they are going to hang someone.

But I'll ask the question:  is there anything the CEO could say or disclose that would make you say "that's cool, all good, let's all go back to drinking Bud Light"?
View Quote
Seppuku with no kaishakunin and with an apology written in his own blood as a rhyming haiku would be acceptable.

But then, I'm the forgiving type.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Seppuku with no kaishakunin and with an apology written in his own blood as a rhyming haiku would be acceptable.

But then, I'm the forgiving type.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yup.

Then Lucas got greedy and inserted the ridiculous, toy friendly, fuzzy midgets in episode 6.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC this is also why lucas took a % off the toy sales and was considered a genius for doing so.
Yup.

Then Lucas got greedy and inserted the ridiculous, toy friendly, fuzzy midgets in episode 6.

Ka=ching! Brilliance! (for selling toys to tiny people- and nerds)
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Last year's press release for second quarter earnings was July 28.

I bet we're getting close to some information? I don't know who Zack is, but he expects earnings per-share decrease of over 8% year over year.

https://www.zacks.com/stock/research/BUD/earnings-calendar

It's a start.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Desantis is going after AB for putting funds at risk.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/desantis-instructs-state-board-of-administration-to-launch-inquiry-of-anheuser-busch-assets
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis instructed the State Board of Administration (SBA) to launch a inquiry of the global equity assets that it holds with Anheuser-Busch InBev following the fallout the company has faced after one of its top brands, Bud Light, engaged in paid marketing engagement with a controversial transgender influencer.

DeSantis sent a letter to SBA Interim Executive Director Lamar Taylor highlighting the nearly 30 percent loss in sales the company saw during the month of June. The SBA is an asset management organization responsible for investing Florida’s state and local government assets.

“As sales of AB InBev products within the U.S. continue to precipitously decline, reports are now emerging that large American mainstays like Costco will be pulling Bud Light from the shelves,” the 44-year-old Republican presidential candidate wrote. “Clearly, the Board’s mismanagement — as well as its failure to remediate the problem and repair its relationship with millions of disaffected American consumers — has led to this impasse and will continue to financially harm the SBA and other shareholders.”

DeSantis said it was critical that the SBA remain committed to its legal obligations to “prudently manage the funds of Florida’s hardworking law enforcement officers, teachers, firefighters, and first responders in a manner that focuses on growing returns, not subsidizing an ideological agenda through woke virtue signaling.”

“I therefore request that you immediately initiate a review to examine how AB InBev’s conduct has impacted and continues to impact the value of SBA’s AB InBev holdings,” the governor said. “It appears to me that AB InBev may have breached legal duties owed to its shareholders, and that a shareholder action may be both appropriate and necessary. To protect SBA and the retirees of Florida from losses attributable to AB InBev’s disregard of those duties, all options are on the table.”
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/desantis-instructs-state-board-of-administration-to-launch-inquiry-of-anheuser-busch-assets
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis instructed the State Board of Administration (SBA) to launch a inquiry of the global equity assets that it holds with Anheuser-Busch InBev following the fallout the company has faced after one of its top brands, Bud Light, engaged in paid marketing engagement with a controversial transgender influencer.

DeSantis sent a letter to SBA Interim Executive Director Lamar Taylor highlighting the nearly 30 percent loss in sales the company saw during the month of June. The SBA is an asset management organization responsible for investing Florida’s state and local government assets.

“As sales of AB InBev products within the U.S. continue to precipitously decline, reports are now emerging that large American mainstays like Costco will be pulling Bud Light from the shelves,” the 44-year-old Republican presidential candidate wrote. “Clearly, the Board’s mismanagement — as well as its failure to remediate the problem and repair its relationship with millions of disaffected American consumers — has led to this impasse and will continue to financially harm the SBA and other shareholders.”

DeSantis said it was critical that the SBA remain committed to its legal obligations to “prudently manage the funds of Florida’s hardworking law enforcement officers, teachers, firefighters, and first responders in a manner that focuses on growing returns, not subsidizing an ideological agenda through woke virtue signaling.”

“I therefore request that you immediately initiate a review to examine how AB InBev’s conduct has impacted and continues to impact the value of SBA’s AB InBev holdings,” the governor said. “It appears to me that AB InBev may have breached legal duties owed to its shareholders, and that a shareholder action may be both appropriate and necessary. To protect SBA and the retirees of Florida from losses attributable to AB InBev’s disregard of those duties, all options are on the table.”
View Quote

This pleases me and are positive points in the Desantis column.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh damn!

Odds the Bill_Kristol types will drop the articles talking about how DangerousTM this is?
Something about "our precious norms" or whatever?
(while the left, tired of getting people fired for 11 year old joke tweets that were funny -  is now getting around to de-banking people of course).
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top