User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lead paint chips are not snacks.
View Quote
Exactly.  Paint chips along with fucking retardation, it makes for 9/11 deniers.

I suppose the wheels, engines, etc. that got in the Pentagon from the 757 were placed there after the fact to "fool people" and the missing passengers and flight crew where murdered and dumped in a swamp.

God, I hate fucking stupid people.

ETA:  This is not the place for this bullshit, RINO_hunter.  <edited -40xb>
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not if that cargo lock failed or wasn't fully engaged. Shifting loads bring down planes all the time. Remember that one in Afghanistan where I think it was a 747 had a load shift aft and bring the plane down?

I swear I remember a TCTO that came out a year or two ago about the locking rod being made from the wrong stuff and was failing, so they replaced every single one of them on all our aircraft. Something regarding the locks was fucked up. Chairborne might have better recollection considering he is what he is.
View Quote
I was working that day. My whole building shook from the impact. 5 MRAPs on board, and on cargo 747s, there is no real tiedown on them. They were using a shit ton of CGU-1/Bs to strap them to the pallets, and then used the regular floor locks. From what I remember, it wasn't an authorized load from the big wigs. A couple straps snapped, the inexperienced load ignored it, and the rest is history.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nine of the sixteen casualties are from my AO.

God rest them all.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok. Back to one of the important topics- aside from the loss of life it may be THE most important topic- did the planes nose and cockpit section separate in flight? Have any new aerial photographs of the crash sight come out to show if the cockpit section is there in the wreck or not?

If this is a new airframe problem with the "H" generation C130s- thats a lot of aircraft not just in the USAF/USMC/USN but also the RAF, RCAF, RAAF, IDF, Luftwaffe, ect.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok. Back to one of the important topics- aside from the loss of life it may be THE most important topic- did the planes nose and cockpit section separate in flight? Have any new aerial photographs of the crash sight come out to show if the cockpit section is there in the wreck or not?

If this is a new airframe problem with the "H" generation C130s- thats a lot of aircraft not just in the USAF/USMC/USN but also the RAF, RCAF, RAAF, IDF, Luftwaffe, ect.
View Quote
Unverified report is that the cockpit area was a mile from the main wreckage.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I doubt we'll see any further overhead pictures, but I'd like to see the complete wing.  I'm interested to see what's left of the propellers.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
<Edited>
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh wait, you're serious. Aren't you?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
its amazing how every plane crash on earth leaves things behind.  Like seats, or the cockpit.  Or maybe parts of a fuselage.  Not to mention 10,000 lb steel jet engines.

except for united 93 and the pentagon on 9/11

yea yea tinfoil on...

Oh wait, you're serious. Aren't you?  
I mean they must of paid the summerset pa locals well to help cover that up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not if that cargo lock failed or wasn't fully engaged. Shifting loads bring down planes all the time. Remember that one in Afghanistan where I think it was a 747 had a load shift aft and bring the plane down?

I swear I remember a TCTO that came out a year or two ago about the locking rod being made from the wrong stuff and was failing, so they replaced every single one of them on all our aircraft. Something regarding the locks was fucked up. Chairborne might have better recollection considering he is what he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The standard USMC tie down ratings are for 9G's forward, 2G's rearward. If the aircraft were in straight and level flight at FL220, it would take a pretty massive event to exceed that 9G rating.

m

That 747 had just taken off, it was not straight and level at 20,000+ feet.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
They found one of the plane's engines Wednesday morning, he said. It wasn't clear if the engine constituted one of the "impact areas."
View Quote
"At first it looked like an acrobatic plane, like a stunt plane, blowing the smoke out the back," Jones said. "Then all of a sudden you realized that the smoke was coming off one of the sides of the wing."
View Quote
I know its CNN, but more info
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
David Weeks is a class act
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Update 4 more named

Joe Murray

Talon Leach

William Joseph Kundrat, 33,

Mark Hopkins
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Damn.  That's a lot of "Older" Marines.

View Quote
Not going to be newbs in MARSOC.

Corpsman Ryan Lohrey

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/portraits-of-some-of-the-service-members-in-marine-c-130-crash
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Local news here (Alabama) said charges were pending against a person who had removed debris from the site. I hope they prosecute to the fullest. 16 people died in that aircraft. Why the fu&# would you want a piece?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Corpsman Ryan Lohrey
View Quote
Per a MARSOC Commander

Q:What’s the level of experience and expertise in your battalion?

A:We start out with a more mature Marine, to begin with. I think our average age is somewhere between 25 and 27, mostly sergeants and above. We start out with somebody who has a higher baseline of training. He could have spent four, five or six years in the infantry, been an infantry squad leader, led Marines in combat. So we’re blessed from that aspect of starting with a very good product, and now we turn around and refine that product and make them more capable, more lethal, etc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Local news here (Alabama) said charges were pending against a person who had removed debris from the site. I hope they prosecute to the fullest. 16 people died in that aircraft. Why the fu&# would you want a piece?  
View Quote
People.  I know it's happened in the past at plane crashes.  Methbillies looking for something to sell probably make things worse.

I'm sure that as word got out that military weapons were aboard and debris was scattered for miles that even more than normal numbers of low lifes will be out in the woods and fields looking for a score like finding an M-4 or some other valuable weapon.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Being a 9/11 "truther" used to be an easy way to get banned here.... 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
its amazing how every plane crash on earth leaves things behind.  Like seats, or the cockpit.  Or maybe parts of a fuselage.  Not to mention 10,000 lb steel jet engines.

except for united 93 and the pentagon on 9/11

yea yea tinfoil on...
Being a 9/11 "truther" used to be an easy way to get banned here.... 
Still should be
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#21]
At Crash Site of Marine Corps Plane, Bodies ‘Were Everywhere’

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/marines-plane-crash.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
At Crash Site of Marine Corps Plane, Bodies ‘Were Everywhere’

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/marines-plane-crash.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
View Quote
Why I put your ass on ignore a long time ago, slick. You are as classless as the NYT.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I typed half of a reply and bailed.

It was something like - most of us already know this and none of us want to dwell on that here and now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Awful news. RIP
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The standard USMC tie down ratings are for 9G's forward, 2G's rearward. If the aircraft were in straight and level flight at FL220, it would take a pretty massive event to exceed that 9G rating.

m

My sister was friends with one of the crew who were killed in that accident.

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#27]
More from NY T(cr)imes Here
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Disregard
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#29]
A lot of speculating in this thread. I'd like to see an aircraft failure instead of a crew failure. Herc's just don't come apart in the air like that. Again, prayers out to the kids on that plane.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#30]
If anyone knows the exact location to the main portion of the crash, can you PM it to me. A link to pin, grid, coord... whichever
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because some people are scum. I covered a lot of fatal accidents in the TV news business and you wouldn't believe how low some "people" will stoop to steal stuff.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Corpsman Ryan Lohrey

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/portraits-of-some-of-the-service-members-in-marine-c-130-crash
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Corpsman Ryan Lohrey

Interesting. That article mentioned the incident happened during aerial refueling.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Interesting. That article mentioned the incident happened during aerial refueling.
View Quote
I don't believe that.  I just don't.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:51:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just an idiot reporter proving you can't believe everything you read/hear in the news.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#35]
RIP Raiders
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.  We would have heard mention of that already.

I suspect a "professional journalist" has struck again - saw that the 130 was a tanker, and so "assumed" it was running an AR track at time of incident.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The load and the FE names.

GySgt. Brendan Johnson - Loadmaster

SSgt. Joshua Snowden - Flight Engineer

A/C was BUNO 165000.

http://www.c-130.net/g3/var/resizes/c-130-photos/North-American-C-130-Photos/USN%20and%20USMC%20C-130s/160411-0026.jpg?m=1461224176

Links:

http://www.wcax.com/story/35860276/marine-from-vermont-killed-in-military-plane-crash

http://www.fox4news.com/news/267268631-story

These are NOT official released names from the US Marines.
View Quote
What does "BUNO" mean?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What does "BUNO" mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The load and the FE names.

GySgt. Brendan Johnson - Loadmaster

SSgt. Joshua Snowden - Flight Engineer

A/C was BUNO 165000.

http://www.c-130.net/g3/var/resizes/c-130-photos/North-American-C-130-Photos/USN%20and%20USMC%20C-130s/160411-0026.jpg?m=1461224176

Links:

http://www.wcax.com/story/35860276/marine-from-vermont-killed-in-military-plane-crash

http://www.fox4news.com/news/267268631-story

These are NOT official released names from the US Marines.
What does "BUNO" mean?
Beureau number, like our tail numbers but they have their own weirdness.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What does "BUNO" mean?
View Quote
Bureau Number - Navy method of identifying the individual aircraft - a serial number, if you will.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A lot of speculating in this thread. I'd like to see an aircraft failure instead of a crew failure. Herc's just don't come apart in the air like that. Again, prayers out to the kids on that plane.
View Quote
Indeed.

I don't want to see anything failing but it is very significant that this happened. The Herc community has a stellar safety record and the aircraft is well known to be a very reliable and capable airframe. That one fell out of the sky like this is troubling and will undoubtedly shake the entire fleet DoD and internationally.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't be jealous we have our own language!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can tell you what year any AF aircraft was paid for in two seconds, not so with your jibberish.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Corpsman Ryan Lohrey

That's what happens when people start speculating about what might have happened. Rumors get started on baseless information, and before you know it, someone spouts it as gospel.  

I really wish people would just shut up and wait for the investigation results.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Are all Marines this stupid, or just the Generals: "Indications are something went wrong.", Brig. Gen. Bradly S. James, Commander of the 4th Marine Aircraft wing, said Wednesday.  (from today's Stars and Stripes, page 6.)  AKA: No Shit Sherlock.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
More from NY T(cr)imes Here
View Quote
That plane had an interesting history.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#46]
An engine was found, and not on the wing.

Either knocked off by the cockpit or part of the mishap - but total speculation on my part, but I think that's significant.

The debris field map will tell a lot about the order of what came apart, obviously.  Being a mystery, I wait for some other details to be released.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
An engine was found, and not on the wing.

Either knocked off by the cockpit or part of the mishap - but total speculation on my part, but I think that's significant.

The debris field map will tell a lot about the order of what came apart, obviously.  Being a mystery, I wait for some other details to be released.
View Quote

I will be a while.  Five square miles of what basically amounts to soybean fields about waste high.  Anybody that has shot dove over a soybean field can testify that even when you see and mentally mark the spot if fell, it can take a while to locate a down bird.  Granted, the key parts like the cockpit, engine, etc will be easier to find, but they are having to tread very carefully because of the unexploded ordinance.  
 I heard on Supertalk MS (statewide talk radio) that 100 Marines, including EOD, were inbound today.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I will be a while.  Five square miles of what basically amounts to soybean fields about waste high.  Anybody that has shot dove over a soybean field can testify that even when you see and mentally mark the spot if fell, it can take a while to locate a down bird.  Granted, the key parts like the cockpit, engine, etc will be easier to find, but they are having to tread very carefully because of the unexploded ordinance.  
 I heard on Supertalk MS (statewide talk radio) that 100 Marines, including EOD, were inbound today.
View Quote
EOD has been out there since Tuesday morning.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Is it common practice to use a 'tanker' for cargo duties and is it common practice for a tanker to carry passengers? 

Serious questions as I don't know and I'm curious. 
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top