Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
View Quote

Do you know how I know your draw time is like 30 seconds slower than mine and way more likely to snag?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]

5'10" / 205 and the tag on my jeans says 33" waist.

I've tried 2" and 3" K Frames, compact .45's and a full size .45 with a variety of holsters but the only gun I can comfortably appendix carry all day is a 2" J Frame S&W. The holster is an inexpensive Bianchi IWB...
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@AstraPat

Nice gun.

If you want a traditional iwb check out Ryan grizzle. He's great with horsehide.

With a 4" square butt I found VZs to handle any recoil just fine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20191212_143104_jpg-1975300.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The derp in this thread is strong.

Aiwb is not for everyone.

It does allow for a faster draw, easier to draw while ground fighting, easier to defend from a gun grab, easier to conceal, and allows you situational awareness.

5" 1911
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1974994.JPG
K frame
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20210101_140619_jpg-1974996.JPG

Was just gifted a 13-3 from my father and have been bit by the S&W bug. Can you tell me about your K frame? Model, grips etc..

@03RN

@AstraPat
Sure.
M66-8 with a 2.75" barrel and ahrend grips.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20210601_151334_jpg-1965993_jpeg-1975161.JPG

I've tried a lot of grips. If I wasn't using magnums I'd be happy with vz grips. If I couldn't find ahrends but wanted to shoot magnums I'd use pachy compact grips.

What barrel length on the 13? I carried a 4" m19-3 for a year aiwb and it was ok. Really only switched to a shorter barrel because I wanted a stainless gun to help decrease rusting.

Jmcustom makes the holster I use and I use a safariland cd-2 for my speedloader

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Guess I’m on the hunt for a model 66 now..

It’s is 4” bbl. trying to find a LH IWB holster for it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126406/1E1C3C13-BE1A-4E53-A4C4-3AFE300819AB_jpe-1975229.JPG

@03RN

@AstraPat

Nice gun.

If you want a traditional iwb check out Ryan grizzle. He's great with horsehide.

With a 4" square butt I found VZs to handle any recoil just fine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20191212_143104_jpg-1975300.JPG

Appreciate it!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It aligns with the rules for attracting females:
1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive

IWB carry:
1. Be slim boy
2. Don't be a fat fk
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Somewhere on internet - I saw a video - basically they said that it has very little to do with your weight and physical shape - but it has everything to do with how do you wear your belt and pants - if you wear your pants belt low on your hips, especially with even a little belly spilling out - it will be almost impossible to carry AIWB succesfully

if you wear your belt high - at or just below your waist - you can be a 400 lbs fatso and still be able to conceal AIWB with right clothes and be comfortable

it makes sense to me - I wear by pants under my belly - cant do it
View Quote

Have we met?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see the Botkin cult members have arrived in force.  Appendix carry or you are a Boomer Fudd!  

Sorry, many of us don't wear 12yo girl skinny jeans and speed up our videos.

If you want to transition to a woman, go ahead and carry it pointed at your beans and weiner.  BTW, when you start drawing, the trigger guard of the holster is no longer effective.

I don't recall and real gunfighters carrying this way, only TRex worshipping larpers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Try the ingulf method.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try the ingulf method.

https://i.imgur.com/JSaVm.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:16:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I recommend this TXC X1:Pro

It doesnt use a claw/wing to tuck the grip so it doesnt make it wider. It uses a machined aluminum block to rotate and angle the clip so that it pushes the grip into the body. The body contour wedge helps out quite a bit as well. Works in sweat pants with a draw string as well since it does not rely on pressure on a wing which could easily slip off with common sweat pants drawstring.

I prefer the single clip option and separate mag holder because i can nudge the grip to move it if I have to sit, bend, or whenever you need a slight adjustment. With a fixed dual clip it’s pretty much fixed to that position.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#10]
No, I always carry untucked. It's usually hot where I live so I hardly ever tuck in my shirt anyway.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if you can't figure it out, then you probably shouldn't be doing it

there's a reason why reputable instructors don't allow it at their courses
View Quote

Can't figure out how to conceal it bruh... I know how to not shoot myself
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you know how I know your draw time is like 30 seconds slower than mine and way more likely to snag?
View Quote

Well then you should also know IDGAF.  Lmao cool internet flex bruhhh!
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Appendix carry is the hardest carry of all to achieve. It requires ancient skills, techniques and philosophies that many think are lost in antiquity.

The spiritual and philosophical component is often the hardest for the modern western mind to master. One must become like the Samurai and accept that one is already dead before one steps foot on the battlefield. You have already shot your dick off before you even tucked your pistol in your waistband.

Once you master the philosophy, everything else is engineering.

Keep it simple. A pistol by itself is slim and fits well in the natural creases of the crotchal area. Proper pistol selection minimizes pistol/gut/thigh interference. Unless you are The Mountain or Andre the Giant, you ain't gonna be comfortable all day with a full sized pistol in your waistband. J Frames, Mini Glocks and Shields are ideal for appendix carry. If you are big enough or you are insensitive enough, you can make a Glock 19 or larger work for all day carry.

Keep it simple part 2. Less is more. Holsters get more and more and more complex every day. They come with clips and buttons and rivets and combinations of materials and stuff. A simple leather pouch with a sturdy properly placed clip will meet your needs better than 99.9 percent of the time without adding pokey stiff things or things that abrade your baby soft tummy skin. Leather works so much better against raw sweaty skin than any plastic ever made that it's not even worth talking about. The gods gave us animals so that would could eat and wear them without much fuss. We invented plastics which we can not eat and make us sweaty and itchy when we try to wear them too close to our own tender skins.

On the matter of retention. Some of my appendix holsters come with a simple thumb snap with a simple sheet steel stiffening tab and some are open top. For me, retention is not dependent on the holster but on my actions. Unless things have gone really funky, I make a point of not running, jumping off buildings or getting into car chases or fist fights while I'm armed. I usually don't live in an action movie and so I usually don't need to worry that much about retention. And if I'm running, I'm probably running away from something that is worth having my pistol in hand for. Your mileage may vary.

Be reasonable. The holster is there to carry your pistol until the moment you need it. If you need it you need it now. Once you no longer need it, there is no prize for getting it back in the holster most rikitik. Speed on reholstering is the devil and will get your dick shot off. When I practice drawing and shooting from concealment, I fully accept that I will have to remove my holster from my trousers, place my pistol in my untrousered holster and then reinstall the whole assembly back just between my chubby tummy and my most impressive manhood. Since my trigger is covered by leather and I'm in no hurry and can make sure that my finger is not inside my holster next to the trigger, I can almost guarantee myself that I will not inadvertently shoot my dick off. Again, your mileage may vary.

In short, think through every single detail of where, how, why and when you want to carry in the appendix position. Become a master of every aspect of it. Have a well thought out and peer reviewed reason for every decision you make. Practice it until it becomes as natural as pulling on your socks and frilly undies every morning. And then don't over think it. It's a good way of carrying a pistol that, like every other way of carrying a pistol ever invented by man or the angels, has some drawbacks that need to be thought through and overcome.  Like so many other things in the gun world, it ain't the arrow that matters most. It's the Indian.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Somewhere on internet - I saw a video - basically they said that it has very little to do with your weight and physical shape - but it has everything to do with how do you wear your belt and pants - if you wear your pants belt low on your hips, especially with even a little belly spilling out - it will be almost impossible to carry AIWB succesfully

if you wear your belt high - at or just below your waist - you can be a 400 lbs fatso and still be able to conceal AIWB with right clothes and be comfortable

View Quote

Exactly.  Try to find the revolvers on these guys:

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
It might have been on page 2 where I said this.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Can-t-figure-out-how-to-appendix-carry-conceal/5-2460425/?page=2#i93188122

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top