Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No manual transmission and they have the audacity to call it a "sports car".

View Quote
You haven't seen any of the most recent "sports cars". Double clutch, flappy paddles is the new standard. And admittedly much faster, and that's coming from a guy a 6 speed manual.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
This all falls under "don't buy the first year of a major redesign."
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, y'all wouldn't take one if it was thrown at you, right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
When will it stop?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The car is built by the lowest bidder for the lowest bidders, is this a surprise?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, it's hard to make fluid filled brake lines that don't rust. GM has an issue in that area. Of course they could talk to, I don't know, ANYONE ELSE in the auto industry to fix that problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drive my wire makes sense. If it fails you just wont go. Stop by wire on the other hand...............great thinking GM.

Well, it's hard to make fluid filled brake lines that don't rust. GM has an issue in that area. Of course they could talk to, I don't know, ANYONE ELSE in the auto industry to fix that problem.

If that's the case, maybe Toyota could give them some advice. They didnt have framed rotting out under their trucks or anything like that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I've said a million times, the easiest way to make your car/motorcycle insanely fast is to disconnect the brakes.

Looks like GM listened.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But we bailed them out....and saved JOBS!
Granted they were Chinese Jobs, but Obongo SAVED JOBS!!!!!!

View Quote

Don’t forget Mexican jobs.  He saves those, too.  FBHO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The shifter on my wife’s Failblazer is the same. When that solenoid failed we couldn’t drive the truck.  Just put a fucking cable there like a normal car company.  

The future is not “brake by wire”
View Quote

Correct. The future is drive by computer.  You won’t even get to push any of the pedals.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Let's see the rest of that Jeep!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But we were all assured by GD the the C8 corvette was as good as the exotics
View Quote

Exotics break down all the time. Every car does. Every manufacturer has stop sales and recalls.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Normal.
First year new platform with wiring issues is common no matter the brand.

Anyone who has worked at a new car dealership service department will tell you " New Platform, first year will have issues." if you can wait to buy , then wait.  
No matter the brand, they all have issues if it's a completely new platform.
View Quote

Yep. The 2014 MDX was a nightmare for us. The 2019 RDX had a lot of issues from the start as well. Buy any 2015 MDX and up or 2020 RDX and up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm really impressed with the C8.   Looks like supplier QC on electrical connections.

Gotta love editorial proof reading though:

"The C8 has been recently recalled for several issues, including a malfunctioning frunk latch, as well as for an emergency system that could fail to stop people from getting stuck in said frunk. While this brake issue isn't being called a "recall," owners will need to take the vehicle into a dealership to fix their Corvette if it's broken."
View Quote

A frunk is a front trunk...... It is a mid engine car
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The shifter on my wife’s Failblazer is the same. When that solenoid failed we couldn’t drive the truck.  Just put a fucking cable there like a normal car company.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GM makes very little of their own parts. Also the most important thing when ordering parts from vendors is price so you get a lot of low quality terminals that create electrical systems that don’t work 100% of the time. Also as the vehicle ages even 2-3 years problems really arise.

The brake pedal on the C8 is not mechanical connected to the booster/master cylinder in any way, instead a sensor sends the pedal position to the EBCM and it decides how much pressure to apply.

No one is using cables. Everything is going by wire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Seriously though, name a auto manufacturer that hasn’t issued a recall of some sort, at some point. It’s really not a big deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Brakes, steering and throttle should stay analog.

Screw drive by wire tech.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well they are frucking fretarded.
View Quote

It is a Trunk in the front of the vehicle. Hence they call it a Frunk. There are 2 trunks on the C8. A Front trunk "Frunk" and a trunk in the rear behind the engine. What would you call them to differentiate them?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ummm...  that's what they call the front trunk area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm really impressed with the C8.   Looks like supplier QC on electrical connections.

"The C8 has been recently recalled for several issues, including a malfunctioning frunk latch, as well as for an emergency system that could fail to stop people from getting stuck in said frunk. While this brake issue isn’t being called a “recall,” owners will need to take the vehicle into a dealership to fix their Corvette if it’s broken."

ummm...  that's what they call the front trunk area.

Yeah....it’s kinda like a FUPA.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Because it doesn't activate the booster pump.

Most brake boosters work off engine vacuum, this one doesn't. These have been around for decades frankly, most diesel non air brake systems use something similar. Diesels are very poor at making usable vacuum for brake systems.
View Quote

Yep, common on heavier trucks with juice brakes.

They’re a bitch to stop if there’s an issue with the pump.

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"The C8 has been recently recalled for several issues, including a malfunctioning frunk latch, as well as for an emergency system that could fail to stop people from getting stuck in said frunk. While this brake issue isn’t being called a “recall,” owners will need to take the vehicle into a dealership to fix their Corvette if it’s broken."
View Quote

Do you know where the "trunk" is on a C8?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If that's the case, maybe Toyota could give them some advice. They didnt have framed rotting out under their trucks or anything like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drive my wire makes sense. If it fails you just wont go. Stop by wire on the other hand...............great thinking GM.

Absolutely agree. I've shot my mouth off for years on Yota forums that they should galvanize them. Problem solved, BOOM, just like that. Body's hold up extremely well and have for 20 years now. Domestics are opposite, the bodies rot like hell, the frames are decent.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No suprised  ! GM hasnt made anything worth a damn in a very long time.
View Quote

The C8 is a super car for $60k. Go ahead a name a manufacturer that makes every single part in house. I will wait....
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you even know anything about supercars?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The car is built by the lowest bidder for the lowest bidders, is this a surprise?
View Quote

Do you know a single thing about Corvettes?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It is a Trunk in the front of the vehicle. Hence they call it a Frunk. There are 2 trunks on the C8. A Front trunk "Frunk" and a trunk in the rear behind the engine. What would you call them to differentiate them?
View Quote

The rear is either a rear deck lid, rear hatch/gate, or engine cover. The front can be a trunk as a trunk doesn’t have to be in the back. Or call it a bonnet like the brits do. “Frunk” is not a word.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nothing quite as entertaining as working in the Service Department of a dealership where inexperienced, middle-aged drivers are bringing in their sports cars for not being able to stop correctly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing quite as entertaining as working in the Service Department of a dealership where inexperienced, middle-aged drivers are bringing in their sports cars for not being able to stop correctly.

Probably because all the young drivers who are experienced sport car drivers have factory rides.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Still want one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exotics break down all the time. Every car does. Every manufacturer has stop sales and recalls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No ones arguing super cars don’t have issues. Of course they do.

There were many on here saying it would replace the exotics. At the end of the day it’s still GM with GM quality that many are paying 30-50% premiums for.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they are frucking fretarded.

The term frunk was not invented by Chevrolet.  It has been around for generations on mid engine cars.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The C8 is a super car for $60k. Go ahead a name a manufacturer that makes every single part in house. I will wait....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even Lamborghini outsorces parts. Remember the Diablo? It has black trim around the headlight lenses. Why? To cover up the "NISSAN" logo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

C6 seemed solid? As does the C7.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The term frunk was not invented by Chevrolet.  It has been around for generations on mid engine cars.
View Quote

I am aware of that. I never suggested that GM was the one who coined the name. But apparently the original poster was not aware of the name.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like the frame on my ‘93 4x4 truck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Interesting. Someone else who knows nothing about the C8.

Old guys dont like them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, a lot of the big name exotics break, a lot. / maintenance whores.

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly. They are literally broken all the time just from driving them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Old guys dont like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Old guys dont like them.

Funny how many old guys have no idea it was always the the goal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
China wires, China Connections, China bullshit processor controlling everything.

Millions sunk into engineering, down the shitter.

GM is it's own biggest competitor, and the obvious is lost in board room.

View Quote

+ Indian programmers
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s a common term that a “front trunk” is called a frunk. When I drove a Porsche that’s what they called it too. And Tesla’s call it the same
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Old guys dont like them.
View Quote

Lol old fucks around have them.

Corvettes are

My Dad has a 66 and he thinks I want when he's gone.

It'll be the first thing sold. Boring and ugly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just from sitting over winter, undriven.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It’s a common term that a “front trunk” is called a frunk. When I drove a Porsche that’s what they called it too. And Tesla’s call it the same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, you expected maybe, only car people to speak, come on now this is GD where everyone has an opinion to share, even if they don't know crap about the subject matter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my customers runs an exotic car rental business. They are maintenance whores. I see his NSX for occasional warranty work. He said the NSX is by far the best in that department. His Lamborghinis are a close second. He had one McLaren burn to the ground after the strut leaked on to the turbo and went on about problem after problem with his Ferraris. If a super car built by Acura had a fuel tank recall I don't understand why GD thinks GM can't have one for the C8.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Corvettes are

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old guys dont like them.

Corvettes are

You disappoint me, they're great for a stylish cruiser. Just want to go puutter around in the mountains with style? Great choice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wire made with "green" soy based wiring coatings? Rodents seem to appreciate that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is using cables. Everything is going by wire.

Wire made with "green" soy based wiring coatings? Rodents seem to appreciate that.

Rodents have been eating wires for the 21 years I have been working on cars. And fuel lines. And gas tanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Corvettes are

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old guys dont like them.

Corvettes are

There has never been a Corvette that was boring and ugly.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top