Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
“ a large migration of Ethiopian, Eritrean, and Somalian residents, adding new layers of flavor and cultural richness to the Central District.”

Layers of flavor and richness. Yum.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What the fuck Is going on?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seriously @Ryann? You thought .gov was fake? LOL....

The domain name gov is a sponsored top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet. The name is derived from the word government, indicating its restricted use by government entities. The gov domain is administered by the General Services Administration, an independent agency of the United States federal government.

Here's your crow, we're out of hot sauce.

https://practicalselfreliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/eating-crow.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck I don't know. I can't find where it's fake,but I can't confirm it's real

Dude, it's on a .gov Seattle city government website.

https://frontporch.seattle.gov/2020/06/12/city-of-seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-community/

Honest question-does .gov mean it's an actual governmental site?  Because if it does, i was wrong about OP posting fake news and I'll have my crow lightly rotisseried with a side of hot sauce.

The domain name gov is a sponsored top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet. The name is derived from the word government, indicating its restricted use by government entities. The gov domain is administered by the General Services Administration, an independent agency of the United States federal government.

Hey SuburbanMiami_JBT the difference between us is; I don’t pretend to know everything, and I admit when I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I got him some Crystal on the last page.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got him some Crystal on the last page.

I repented and said 3 hail Mary’s.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This shit needs to stop now.
View Quote

no no....lets let this roll on for awhile. its good entertainment.

aint in the this country gonna change until the meteor hits.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe once it's turned into a community center they could do some remedial education reading classes for the people posting ITT who haven't read all the posts and still think that this will affect fire fighting in Seattle.

Location of the old station that's being transferred.  No firefighters have worked out of here for years.

Location of the actual fire station where the firefighters are, a couple blocks away.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
So who actually owns the building?

“The community” is only a vague euphemism for blacks.. who will have property rights?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell Yeah , Wonder if Raz will step down as Warlord  and become  the Fire Captain .

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but you haven't edited your "fake news and racial bias" post yet, either.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Our tax dollars paid for that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sure it’s been screen shot so why bother?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Regarding all the talk of International District vs Chinatown in Seattle:

I had the opportunity to address the Chinatown Post of The American Legion which is composed mostly of Chinese American Veterans.

During my short remarks I thanked them for inviting me to the International District among other things.

By their reaction it was if I just slapped someone. I was informed by several shouts that it was Chinatown.

Live and learn.

Also, Seattle like to pull shenanigans with old firehouses.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/tonight-530-man-who-bought-residential-firehouse-sued-by-seattle-using-residence/DEB2DCUQXRFUFLB62Z5SEQ27HA/

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe once it's turned into a community center they could do some remedial education reading classes for the people posting ITT who haven't read all the posts and still think that this will affect fire fighting in Seattle.

Location of the old station that's being transferred.  No firefighters have worked out of here for years.

Location of the actual fire station where the firefighters are, a couple blocks away.
View Quote

Figured it was something like this.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome To Africatown-Central District, Seattle, WA

History of A-Town
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Still can't stop laughing at Africatown.  Sounds like a good name for an urban amusement park.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Africatown is a group that acquires land throughout Seattle for the blacks.  Apparently not by purchasing it but by demanding people give it to them
View Quote
How progressive.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell Yeah , Wonder if Raz will step down as Warlord  and become  the Fire Captain .

View Quote

I didn't know Raz was from Somalia, but it works.
Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so the fire station which belongs to the citizens (aka the community) will instead be given to a mob (aka the community?) instead of providing FIRE services which assumedly were needed thus the fucking entire reason they built it in the first place??

holy shit how can people be this stupid?
View Quote
Just shows you what politicians will do for votes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Modern day Danegeld.
View Quote
The Danes took the money and still didn't go away.

Was big joke.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude.... you claimed I was a racist and posted fake news when I directly linked the press rels from the City of Seattle's website and then you honestly asked if .gov domains are fake. They teach little kids that .gov domains are government run websites.

Damn elementary kids know that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://frontporch.seattle.gov/2020/06/12/city-of-seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-community/

Honest question-does .gov mean it's an actual governmental site?  Because if it does, i was wrong about OP posting fake news and I'll have my crow lightly rotisseried with a side of hot sauce.

Hey SuburbanMiami_JBT the difference between us is; I don't pretend to know everything, and I admit when I'm wrong.
Dude.... you claimed I was a racist and posted fake news when I directly linked the press rels from the City of Seattle's website and then you honestly asked if .gov domains are fake. They teach little kids that .gov domains are government run websites.

This reminds me of the CD ROM as a cup holder joke from the 90s.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm guessing that the old building is a wreck and was either planned for closure and demolition.  Maybe it has a bunch of asbestos.

Mesothelioma for everybody!

Either way, it's fucking stupid to give assets away to these asshats.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It’s an appeasement

It’s a pos club house
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That station looks like a dump.

eta- Is station 6 even active or was it closed/browned out and just being used for equipment storage?  

It was closed and operations moved to a new station several years ago.  So what was given away was an old, empty fire station.

Yep:

"Fire Station 6 built in 1932 at the intersection of East Yesler Way and 23rd Avenue South, and has been decommissioned and unused for years. Now, it will be repurposed into the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation.

Seattle's Department of Neighborhoods announced the move Friday, saying the transfer of the station into a community space is direct investment in Seattle's black community and increases the communities' ownership of land in the Central District. The Central District has long been home to much of Seattle's black community, but the recent tech boom has left many longtime residents struggling to keep their homes amid rapid gentrification."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-black-community/ar-BB15peHg

It's a crusty old empty building, but let's get all wound up about it.

Well, they are giving into their demands.

It’s an appeasement

It’s a pos club house

Just needs some work to copy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So who actually owns the building?

“The community” is only a vague euphemism for blacks.. who will have property rights?
View Quote

You know how this works.  

1. Everyone will smile and there will be a ribbon-cutting.

2. It'll be run by an organization for a while.

3. Then after it's thrashed and disused it will quietly be folded into some smart bastards portfolio.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The city is going to transfer a POS building that probably needed about $1.2M in repairs, reduced their maintenance costs and took a nice "charitable" tax write off.
View Quote

Seattle needs a new accountant if it's paying taxes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey SuburbanMiami_JBT the difference between us is; I don't pretend to know everything, and I admit when I'm wrong.

I claimed you were a racist?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#29]
We Africatown now
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't bust balls. When Ryann was a kid, they taught him how to use a sundial.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryann doesn’t have a user name suggesting he was a cop in a certain city when he wasn’t.
Ryann does post in third person. Ryann doesn’t claim to be wrapped real tight.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That station looks like a dump.

eta- Is station 6 even active or was it closed/browned out and just being used for equipment storage?
View Quote

That would by my guess.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Da Fuq is wrong with people?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Stupid fucks.
View Quote

FPNI and could also be FPNI in so many threads lately lol
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#36]
So Seattle will refund tax payers?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ryann doesn’t have a user name suggesting he was a cop in a certain city when he wasn’t.
Ryann does post in third person. Ryann doesn’t claim to be wrapped real tight.
View Quote

Have you met Elaine?
Seinfeld: Elaine Meets Jimmy (Clip) | TBS
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Except they're defunding the police.

I think the only ones making money in Minneapolis and the Twin Cities areas are going to be real estate brokers as everyone who isn't a black gang member leaves the city and it turns into a smaller version of Detroit.

I think 75,000 people will leave the metro area in the next 12 months and another 50,000 after them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Except they're defunding the police.

I think the only ones making money in Minneapolis and the Twin Cities areas are going to be real estate brokers as everyone who isn't a black gang member leaves the city and it turns into a smaller version of Detroit.

I think 75,000 people will leave the metro area in the next 12 months and another 50,000 after them.

Don't think so.  When ever-y-one is leaving, no one is buying.  Detrout residents literally no-sale walked away from their homes.

Quoted:
Do the taxpayers get a refund on the costs of building and maintaining these structures that their tax dollars have gone towards these many years?

Silly wabbit.

Quoted:
So Seattle will refund tax payers?

See above.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So now they can use the trucks to drive around and set random fires now?
View Quote

No, now they can set the fires and put them out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:05:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@Lug1

https://frontporch.seattle.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2020/06/fire-station-6-joe-mabel.jpg

Fire Station No. 6, 101 23rd Avenue South

Official Press Release from the City of Seattle

We at the City of Seattle understand the urgency behind making bold investments in the Black community and increasing community ownership of land in the Central District.
The City believes in the vision behind the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation and we remain committed to making the transfer of Fire Station 6 to the community a reality.

We have received Africatown's list of community requests along with a longer list of asks from other black-led organizations. Deputy Mayor Shefali Ranganathan has already met with the King County Equity Now coalition and, on behalf of Mayor Durkan, she will be working with Seattle Department of Neighborhoods and Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development to work on next steps with the community.
View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:39:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Miami Dade County.... I was a cop in Miami Dade.... a pretty fucking big place with 36 different agencies and guess what. 8 of those PDs have the name Miami in them. But I understand it is too hard for you to understand naming conventions since you thought .gov was fake.

You should really stop while you're nit ahead.
View Quote

You’re from Ohio aren’t you?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:02:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

No shit....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Miami,
It’s ok. I don’t really live on the back of a turtle. The internet is for pretend. Pretend women, Pretend Navy Seals, Pretend Conservatives...
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#47]
If that place still has a pole, imagine what the stripper bitches will be able to accomplish
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:27:19 AM EDT
[#49]
WTF, just give them everything they want, it will be destroyed in a few years anyway.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Miami Dade County.... I was a cop in Miami Dade.... a pretty fucking big place with 36 different agencies and guess what. 8 of those PDs have the name Miami in them. But I understand it is too hard for you to understand naming conventions since you thought .gov was fake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryann doesn't have a user name suggesting he was a cop in a certain city when he wasn't.
Ryann does post in third person. Ryann doesn't claim to be wrapped real tight.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top