Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Growing up in rural Texas, I can state with some authority that folks out in the country can take care of themselves. I grew up in an area where the Sheriff would likely take 20-30 minutes to get to you. It's why neighbors watch the roads. It's why neighbors watch other neighbors houses. It's why all the neighbors I remember had multiple guns. It's why neighbors would hop in their car and go check things out.
With the number of combat experienced folks over the last 19 years of continuous warfare, there will be no shortage of capable people out in the country. Bumpkins indeed. And, how exactly would you get 20 miles out into the farmland without being spotted? Hint: you wouldn't.
View Quote

It's nice that you're optimistic, but historically the countryside pays for marginally reduced frequency of peacetime crime with brutally increased degrees in conflict. If a well-meaning bumpkin pops the local power grid and you're down to generators, baofengs, and COTI, 30 minutes isn't going to be enough for the sheriff to save you (assuming marauders don't have state-sponsored jammers); you'll be struggling to save yourself.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One of the things I wonder about is whether the left is thinking about causing mayhem on election day. Perhaps they hope that by doing that, conservatives will stay home away from the riots. Do that in enough battleground states, you have a Biden win. What will we do then?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, no, I don't think the military will. What they WILL do is stay mission ready so that opportunists like ChinaIsAsshoe can't cause us or our allies trouble. A civil war (an oxymoron if ever there was one) will be decided by civilians. It will be civilians who value and cherish freedom vs. those that do not. Simple as that.

If election night kicks it off, Trump says otherwise.  From the our President himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4Ol-Ocuhg

One of the things I wonder about is whether the left is thinking about causing mayhem on election day. Perhaps they hope that by doing that, conservatives will stay home away from the riots. Do that in enough battleground states, you have a Biden win. What will we do then?

Battleground states tend to have a mix of rural and urban areas.  The urban ones go blue, rural red.  If the left starts rioting or issues to stop the vote in the red area, the police would probably step in quickly.  Otherwise, ol Obadiah and Buck will get real pissed off and walk back to their truck to find some tools to tune up and fix the problem.   That will become even messier.

But.. point taken.  If the left raises enough stink to disrupt even a few polling places, it will automatically undermine the entire election in the state.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't want it either OP, but I see no way out.
The left is criminally insane.
They are bent on power by any means necessary and they will not stop until they have it.

Even the average dem is utterly disconnected from reality.
They really do believe it is right wingers causing all the riots.
There is no getting past that or living with that.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Let's hope there is no civil war in the US.  China would be the big winner of any such conflict.  I don't see how US could remain #1 superpower after any large scale civil war.  It would be weakened immensely on the world stage.  Look at the pictures below.  First one is of Tito, president of Yugoslavia, meeting Nixon in 1971 and smoking a Cuban cigar in the White House.  The second is the president of Serbia with Trump last week.   Who would America rather be?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I was 10 when the civil war happened in Yugoslavia.  We were Serbs living in a Muslim city (Zenica).  After 18 months of occasional shelling, no electricity or running water, we paid to be smuggled out.  

Also a lot of talk of blockading cities.  How do you blockade New York City?  Chicago?  Los Angeles?  Hell, even a city with 500 000 people in the middle of a plain would be almost impossible to blockade without an army.  And it's a war crime.   I pray you guys never have it.  Hope Trump wins in a landslide and is able to deal with this mess.  

At the same time, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Can't go wrong there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, just a bit unsettling. I like my relatively plush existence.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Most certainly not people like you that expect others to fight and die for your freedom. So don't worry about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most certainly not people like you that expect others to fight and die for your freedom. So don't worry about it.

Oh, well that's a relief.

The fight starts if there is one. With yourself in determining what you will do for your freedom, not what other will do for you. It just blows my mind everytime someone says what you did above.

Basically say who's going to fight. Because I'm not. I don't care what they do. Calling people belligerents for believing in the CONSTITUTION and the BILL OF RIGHTS and are willing to fight for it. I think they had what was called TORIES during the REVOLUTIONARY WAR. That did the exact samething.

Always belittling those that would defend liberty. While people like you stand and watch and berate the belligerents kinda like calling them the DEPLORABLES.

bel·lig·er·ent
/b?'lij?r?nt/

noun
plural noun: belligerents

a nation or person engaged in war or conflict, as recognized by international law

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Agree with the OP, Civil War 2 would be hell.

But to paraphrase a true American: If it needs to happen, lets get it on now so my children don't have to.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#8]
If the US has a Civil War, the global economy goes tits up, and China/Russia will have other things to occupy them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But to paraphrase a true American: If it needs to happen, lets get it on now so my children don't have to.
View Quote

Amen! Oh, and judging by the recent uptick in cops being shot this week alone, I'd say our Country is holding up like Seattle's pier 58. Next few months will be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

da jewz? sheese..

riddle me this.. who are the 'jewz' in this instance and who are the nazis?

jewz were a small minority of culturally separate folks in germany and europe, vastly outnumbered by nationalistic germans.

if youz gonna use jewz as an analogy, perhaps sub-saharan afrikans would be your best bet to represent da 'jewz'... based on the percentage of the population in this country.

i gotta ask, you seem to be feeling somewhat oppressed at the moment. are you a jew (or the member of some other small ethnic group)?
View Quote

Triggered you huh?

First off, I am not jewish, very much white, very much Christian, very much a Veteran, not that it's your fucking business. It's anti semite, racist POS like you that bluster your bullshit who really bother me. I see no difference between you and the street trash of antifa/blm. Same coin, flip side. You're as much the enemy as they are.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yes, but fortunately this is not the former soviet bloc. Explosives aren't in every bunker awaiting an Invasion. Its a problem but with less explosives.
Or maybe I am wrong.
View Quote

I feel certain those could and would be supplied by the enemies of the USA.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let's hope there is no civil war in the US.  China would be the big winner of any such conflict.  I don't see how US could remain #1 superpower after any large scale civil war.  It would be weakened immensely on the world stage.  Look at the pictures below.  First one is of Tito, president of Yugoslavia, meeting Nixon in 1971 and smoking a Cuban cigar in the White House.  The second is the president of Serbia with Trump last week.   Who would America rather be?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/josip-broz-tito-richard-nikson-pura-bela-1593661.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/getInterUrl_png-1593662.JPG

I was 10 when the civil war happened in Yugoslavia.  We were Serbs living in a Muslim city (Zenica).  After 18 months of occasional shelling, no electricity or running water, we paid to be smuggled out.  

Also a lot of talk of blockading cities.  How do you blockade New York City?  Chicago?  Los Angeles?  Hell, even a city with 500 000 people in the middle of a plain would be almost impossible to blockade without an army.  And it's a war crime.   I pray you guys never have it.  Hope Trump wins in a landslide and is able to deal with this mess.  

At the same time, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Can't go wrong there.
View Quote

Manhattan would be pretty easy to blockade - it is an island after all.  Blow the bridges, or barricade them and flood the subways, and then you just have to worry about boat traffic and it's small enough to patrol relatively easily.  Long Island, being a much bigger island - would be much harder.

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's nice that you're optimistic, but historically the countryside pays for marginally reduced frequency of peacetime crime with brutally increased degrees in conflict. If a well-meaning bumpkin pops the local power grid and you're down to generators, baofengs, and COTI, 30 minutes isn't going to be enough for the sheriff to save you (assuming marauders don't have state-sponsored jammers); you'll be struggling to save yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Growing up in rural Texas, I can state with some authority that folks out in the country can take care of themselves. I grew up in an area where the Sheriff would likely take 20-30 minutes to get to you. It's why neighbors watch the roads. It's why neighbors watch other neighbors houses. It's why all the neighbors I remember had multiple guns. It's why neighbors would hop in their car and go check things out.
With the number of combat experienced folks over the last 19 years of continuous warfare, there will be no shortage of capable people out in the country. Bumpkins indeed. And, how exactly would you get 20 miles out into the farmland without being spotted? Hint: you wouldn't.

COTI? Not familiar with that abbreviation. Haven't had enough coffee yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/josip-broz-tito-richard-nikson-pura-bela-1593661.JPG

View Quote

America is weaker today than it was in the 70's, 80, and 90, so your Tito analogy is wrong. Tito was an ally to US. Definitely had much better relations than other communist countries at the time. Also Nixon was a fairly good President imo, other than his "scandal".

The Serbian President now is not even on the same level as Tito.

US was feared back then. Now? Not so much. And it has nothing to do with Trump. If anything, he strengthened it, but that's inspite of the pussy population here that make up large portion of the Democrat wing and previous loser we had in the office that paved the way for the way things are today.

But glad you made it out.

Sve najbolje
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

America is weaker today than it was in the 70's, 80, and 90, so your Tito analogy is wrong. Tito was an ally to US. Definitely had much better relations than other communist countries at the time. Also Nixon was a fairly good President imo, other than his "scandal".

The Serbian President now is not even on the same level as Tito.

US was feared back then. Now? Not so much. And it has nothing to do with Trump. If anything, he strengthened it, but that's inspite of the pussy population here that make up large portion of the Democrat wing and previous loser we had in the office that paved the way for the way things are today.

But glad you made it out.

Sve najbolje
View Quote

Hvala @BOSN1AC,

that was my point about Serbian president.  Tito was smoking a Cuban cigar, in the White house, in front of the president.  Vucic, is sitting like a little schoolgirl, signing away Kosovo.  If the States go through a war like Yugoslavia did, I don't see them coming out as strong as before.  Do the Americans want to see their president being pushed around?  

Again, I hope Trump wins and sets this right.  I just can't understand what the hell the people rioting are thinking.  The whole world wants to immigrate to the States, and yet some people there want to destroy it.  Nuts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Manhattan would be pretty easy to blockade - it is an island after all.  Blow the bridges, or barricade them and flood the subways, and then you just have to worry about boat traffic and it's small enough to patrol relatively easily.  Long Island, being a much bigger island - would be much harder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Nazis landed spies from U boats off the coast of Long Island during WW2
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a native Texan myself I still say you would be overwhelmed eventually by sheer numbers of desperate people.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

As a native Texan myself I still say you would be overwhelmed eventually by sheer numbers of desperate people.
View Quote

Not to mention family types generally lose out here.

Roving band of looney loners and marauders make out as well as sponsored troops.

In civil war a one man army doesn't work and despite all death wish and Eastwood is not reality.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now aren't you the smug one.
Those same city dwellers will roam far and wide and not only over power you in the rural places but they will take everything you own and sleep on your unchanged eight week old bed sheets.

holy fuck, aren't you something!

No, he is right. City person here, me and one other buddy could take care of you and your family in your house. You have to sleep sometime and it's not like I am going to walk up to your door and say hello. I would shoot your kid out of the blue and there is *NO* fucking way you'll let your kid lay out there screaming for daddy to come help me and bleed out. Eventually be it you or your woman will come out to save your kid, trying in vain to provide cover fire against an unseen enemy, now I have another big piece of bait I will take apart piece by piece, so they can scream for you.

Give me five or ten guys and you wouldn't even be a challenge. We would laugh while we took care of you and took whatever the fuck we wanted. You bumpkins are absolute fucking victims of the highest order for the simple fact that there is no-fucking-body within how far to come help your ass, so you're isolated. Easy peasy. Shit, we could likely do it now if you're far enough out, and entirely get away with it. Probably nobody would know any different for a week.

Sounds pretty shitty right? Your problem is that you are unable to think like a criminal. That is your downfall.

You need a group of people, which is more than just your wife and kid or two. Find some friends to help out. If you already have some, get some more.

You had an LEO response in less than an hour? You must think that a call to police in the city gets answered in a timely manner. Protip: They don't.

You further assume that all veterans went to the country when we came back. Worse is that you assume that all those returning veterans are paragons of good, hope, and light. Hate to let you in on the secret, but just as many returning vets are absolute pieces of shit as there are upstanding people.

You lastly assume that it is never night time and that you can reasonably see a car or what have you twenty miles out.

Then you entirely missed the point, which I am unsurprised at: That you need a group of people. You and your small family are easy pickings. A large group? Not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too late, my daughters are grown and out. They will and the SILs will also have to deal with it. I just don't want my future grandkids to have to deal with all the shit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Battleground states tend to have a mix of rural and urban areas.  The urban ones go blue, rural red.  If the left starts rioting or issues to stop the vote in the red area, the police would probably step in quickly.  Otherwise, ol Obadiah and Buck will get real pissed off and walk back to their truck to find some tools to tune up and fix the problem.   That will become even messier.

But.. point taken.  If the left raises enough stink to disrupt even a few polling places, it will automatically undermine the entire election in the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, no, I don't think the military will. What they WILL do is stay mission ready so that opportunists like ChinaIsAsshoe can't cause us or our allies trouble. A civil war (an oxymoron if ever there was one) will be decided by civilians. It will be civilians who value and cherish freedom vs. those that do not. Simple as that.

If election night kicks it off, Trump says otherwise.  From the our President himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4Ol-Ocuhg

The problem is that if they hit a few polling places in rural areas of east coast swing states early in the day (think Maine, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Florida) everyone else in the country will have to worry about whether their precinct is next.

They don't need to successfully slaughter a bunch of Trump voters (although they'd love to), they need to make people in red areas of purple states scared to come out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Triggered you huh?

First off, I am not jewish, very much white, very much Christian, very much a Veteran, not that it's your fucking business. It's anti semite, racist POS like you that bluster your bullshit who really bother me. I see no difference between you and the street trash of antifa/blm. Same coin, flip side. You're as much the enemy as they are.
View Quote

triggered? are you projecting?

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Geographically it looks like it would be easy to blockade Manhattan, but doing so would never actually work. To illustrate this for people here who aren't familiar with NYC, here's a population density map of the area:

The island leading off to the east is Long Island. The sliver of land in between Long Island and New Jersey is Manhattan. For contrast, here's a population density map of Nashville:

As we can see, Manhattan is surrounded for many miles by areas that are as densely populated as the center of Nashville. To block the bridges and patrol the river you'd need to base your troops in the middle of enemy territory. If you've got the strength to do that then there's no point in blockading Manhattan; you're better off just finishing the job and conquering it. A seige or blockade would have to be placed much, much further out, and would require a massive number of troops. There's no realistic scenario where NYC is cut off from the world.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Geographically it looks like it would be easy to blockade Manhattan, but doing so would never actually work. To illustrate this for people here who aren't familiar with NYC, here's a population density map of the area:

https://i.redd.it/924o1ygea9a21.jpg

The island leading off to the east is Long Island. The sliver of land in between Long Island and New Jersey is Manhattan. For contrast, here's a population density map of Nashville:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/Nashville_Population_Density_2000.png

As we can see, Manhattan is surrounded for many miles by areas that are as densely populated as the center of Nashville. To block the bridges and patrol the river you'd need to base your troops in the middle of enemy territory. If you've got the strength to do that then there's no point in blockading Manhattan; you're better off just finishing the job and conquering it. A seige or blockade would have to be placed much, much further out, and would require a massive number of troops. There's no realistic scenario where NYC is cut off from the world.
View Quote

You don't need to isolate Manhattan if you can take the NJ side up to the Hudson, control the mouth of the Hudson around the Verazzano with naval forces likely based out of Staten Island (which is friendly), and then seal off the area from the north around Yonkers and the east around Hempstead. That gives you 4 of the 5 boroughs isolated, and as mentioned the 5th is red anyway. Still not easy but a hell of a lot easier than fighting block to block in Brooklyn and Queens.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don't need to isolate Manhattan if you can take the NJ side up to the Hudson, control the mouth of the Hudson around the Verazzano with naval forces likely based out of Staten Island (which is friendly), and then seal off the area from the north around Yonkers and the east around Hempstead. That gives you 4 of the 5 boroughs isolated, and as mentioned the 5th is red anyway. Still not easy but a hell of a lot easier than fighting block to block in Brooklyn and Queens.
View Quote

Lol. Do you really think New York and New Jersey Republicans are going to ally with conservative forces from middle America against their friends and neighbors? How conservative do you think the average metro area Republican is?
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Everyone will lose something. There will be no absolute dominance by any side.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

One thing I know for damn sure - the only thing protecting politicians, media, corporations and businesses who support BLM/Antifa and other dissenters trying to cause harm to this country and people is the police and rule of law and a very thin veneer of civility - while there is some semblance of punishment and fall out to fighting back we will stand down and try to live it out best we can - but once the day comes when police stand down, the thin veneer of civilization and repercussions for all out fighting disappear like a fart in the wind and it will be on like Donkey Kong. Till then it will be just pop up violence.

/edit - spelling
View Quote

if those groups that are supporting fostering and enabling the violence and un-civil behavior are held to account, it would be a lot more productive than engaging the useful idiots proliferating violence at a street level.  A nation full of kyle's would not do as much good as someone knocking some sense into jack dorsey.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are not accounting for attrition. There may be several or lots of places the mob you are postulating get the upper hand over, however it only takes a few effective/lucky resistors to punch some of their tickets a few times before they drop to being ineffective.  And someone coming along while the activity is going on may just decide to intervene.

Think if Rick Grimes' crew had just killed the Saviors they got the drop on instead of letting them go, half the Saviors would be gone due to simple attrition in no time.

A crew rolling across Texas (especially Texas) won't go long before they get fucked with.

You are imagining later attacks will go exactly like the first attack, and that simply isn't true.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Let me tell you what's scarier than that.  NOT having a bloody civil war when we desperately need to.

The left is pure evil.  They hunger for total control.  And, eventually they will get it.  And then what?  Bible: Hate Speech - Banned.  Free Speech and even thought - Gone.  Civilian ownership of firearms; 2A REPEALED.  Health Care: Yes, death panels become a reality.  "Cancelling" of enemies of the state (you, I, and all freedom loving patriots.)  We won't be able to eat, they will starve us to death.  Or intern us in camps.  Or plain old public execution.  This stuff went on in the Soviet Union, Third Reich Europe and now in China and Korea.  The radical left in our country is no better than the murderous tyrants elsewhere in the history of the world.

Think it can't - or won't happen?  Think again.  IT WILL, given a long enough time line.  And, without a fight it will happen sooner rather than later.  I will gladly take a gruesome civil war over the alternative.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol. Do you really think New York and New Jersey Republicans are going to ally with conservative forces from middle America against their friends and neighbors? How conservative do you think the average metro area Republican is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Staten Island = cops, firefighters, blue collar guys....their "friends and neighbors" hate them
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Staten Island = cops, firefighters, blue collar guys....their "friends and neighbors" hate them
View Quote

40% of Staten Island voted for Clinton. You guys in a dream world if you think Staten Island is going to be on our side.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

(deepstate has plenty of training in the art)  We are on a gun forum and can't unite.  The left is in lockstep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is an important point you've raised.

I've often used the Russian Civil War to compare our current situation. The Bolsheviks, meaning 'majority' were actually the minority. The White movement far outnumbered the actual Communists in the beginning.

However the Reds were utterly unified in ideology, and were totally committed to their cause.

The Whites were a loose collection of Monarchists, Cossacks, Social Democrats, Republicans, and many other smaller factions. They were unorganized, prone to infighting, and were relegated to mostly unpopulated areas.

Sound familiar?

(deepstate has plenty of training in the art)  We are on a gun forum and can't unite.  The left is in lockstep.

the left is not in lockstep.  they are a series of single issue groups that cant agree of damn near anything.  hatred of trump is the only unifier, and literally without Trump they will disintegrate into infighting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those good people in the cities will all be killed if the Communists take over.  Along with many others.

Not everybody can be saved.  It’s easy to moralize into inaction.

Bullshit.

@heeler1

If you know of a practical way to identify and separate the good people in the cities from the bad people in the cities, that can also be integrated into campaigns and an overarching strategy, I'm sure we'd all like to hear it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@heeler1

If you know of a practical way to identify and separate the good people in the cities from the bad people in the cities, that can also be integrated into campaigns and an overarching strategy, I'm sure we'd all like to hear it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those good people in the cities will all be killed if the Communists take over.  Along with many others.

Not everybody can be saved.  It’s easy to moralize into inaction.

Bullshit.

@heeler1

I plan to ask them politely.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Name a moment in history when more private citizen type people were better armed, better equipped, better fed, better educated, and had as much to lose or fight for.

Like minded neighbors grouped ulp, armed up, and stood up for a strong storm. You think rural people wont do much much more against invading hoards?

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he doesn't. You really think all the people that run Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and DFW are just going to sit there and starve to death doing nothing while you eat steak and veggies unmolested out in the hill country?

Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of farmers and ranchers (and folks with veggie gardens) expressing great surprise when a line of Escalades and school buses rolls up to their front gate.  Gonna be hard to defend the homestead against 20-30 aggressive armed men, when it's just you and your family.  ARs with optics or not.

"My Likeminded Neighbors" won't be a factor.

Name a moment in history when more private citizen type people were better armed, better equipped, better fed, better educated, and had as much to lose or fight for.

Like minded neighbors grouped ulp, armed up, and stood up for a strong storm. You think rural people wont do much much more against invading hoards?

LOL

+1

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's half of GD, at least
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course no one should want it. Anyone who does is a psycho and deserves to be institutionalized.

Fuck be upon anyone like that - from either side of the spectrum.

I enjoy peace and recreation, and I want my children to have the same.

That's half of GD, at least

@NotFrickinAround

You joined August 2020 and suddenly you’re an expert on GD??
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Civil Wars are awful. I don't want to live through another one.
View Quote

A civil war in the U.S. will make Bosnia look like a gentleman’s disagreement over the position of the property line.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Let me tell you what's scarier than that.  NOT having a bloody civil war when we desperately need to.

The left is pure evil.  They hunger for total control.  And, eventually they will get it.  And then what?  Bible: Hate Speech - Banned.  Free Speech and even thought - Gone.  Civilian ownership of firearms; 2A REPEALED.  Health Care: Yes, death panels become a reality.  "Cancelling" of enemies of the state (you, I, and all freedom loving patriots.)  We won't be able to eat, they will starve us to death.  Or intern us in camps.  Or plain old public execution.  This stuff went on in the Soviet Union, Third Reich Europe and now in China and Korea.  The radical left in our country is no better than the murderous tyrants elsewhere in the history of the world.

Think it can't - or won't happen?  Think again.  IT WILL, given a long enough time line.  And, without a fight it will happen sooner rather than later.  I will gladly take a gruesome civil war over the alternative.
View Quote

Sadly, I have to agree.  It's frightening to think what my children and grandchildren will inherit if we don't set things right.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A civil war in the U.S. will make Bosnia look like a gentleman's disagreement over the position of the property line.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If the US has a Civil War, the global economy goes tits up, and China/Russia will have other things to occupy them.
View Quote

Hard truth / concept - there is NO freedom with the FED....
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Long time lurker on the forum but I have to say some of you jokers make me sick with your oath of allegiance to a president who is willing to bring this country to the brink of civil war if he loses the election and stomp all over our Constitution. Most of you knuckleheads would $hit your pants if bullets started to fly. I did two tours in Iraq as infantryman and have seen war up close and personal. I have never wanted to see that here on our streets in my own country.

Many of you guys seem perfectly fine with a president who has no trouble with ignoring the rule of law, talks seriously about extending his time in office, talks about arresting his enemies, wants to stamp out our civil liberty rights, and lets his family and friends pocket tax payers money. This is a president who has let up to 200,000 Americans die due to his incompetence in dealing with Covid19 and has also resorted to using government funds to bailout industries due to his horrible negotiating skills, which has skyrocketed our debt.

I took an oath to defend this country and the Constitution, I did not swear complete obedience and loyalty to a dictator for life. All around the world, our allies are wondering what the hell is going on here in our country. Most of you guys would have probably supported Hitler if you were in Germany back in the day. The current president is running the country into the ground and destroying our economy and alliances around the world.

I will leave you guys with this message from a man who once welcomed Hitler’s leadership style in 1930s Germany:
First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Long time lurker on the forum but I have to say some of you jokers make me sick with your oath of allegiance to a president who is willing to bring this country to the brink of civil war if he loses the election and stomp all over our Constitution. Most of you knuckleheads would $hit your pants if bullets started to fly. I did two tours in Iraq as infantryman and have seen war up close and personal. I have never wanted to see that here on our streets in my own country.

Many of you guys seem perfectly fine with a president who has no trouble with ignoring the rule of law, talks seriously about extending his time in office, talks about arresting his enemies, wants to stamp out our civil liberty rights, and lets his family and friends pocket tax payers money. This is a president who has let up to 200,000 Americans die due to his incompetence in dealing with Covid19 and has also resorted to using government funds to bailout industries due to his horrible negotiating skills, which has skyrocketed our debt.

I took an oath to defend this country and the Constitution, I did not swear complete obedience and loyalty to a dictator for life. All around the world, our allies are wondering what the hell is going on here in our country. Most of you guys would have probably supported Hitler if you were in Germany back in the day. The current president is running the country into the ground and destroying our economy and alliances around the world.

I will leave you guys with this message from a man who once welcomed Hitler’s leadership style in 1930s Germany:
    Because I was not a Jew.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
View Quote

Hitler had the nazis, Lenin had the communist. Your actually claiming Trump trying to take over America with what? Is he going to let loose on America a horde of people to carry their luggage to their room.  His power comes from being elected got it. That may mean nothing to you since obvious you don't care about elections or democracy. As for that 2 tour in Iraq story if it's not a total copy and paste lie there are are whole lot more Americans who have served, seen war and it's affect and believe in democracy and not in the lies your pushing. Why am I even wasting my time, your probably a Chinese troll anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#44]
GONALD GLUMPF
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hitler had the nazis, Lenin had the communist. Your actually claiming Trump trying to take over America with what? Is he going to let loose on America a horde of people to carry their luggage to their room.  His power comes from being elected got it. That may mean nothing to you since obvious you don't care about elections or democracy. As for that 2 tour in Iraq story if it's not a total copy and paste lie there are are whole lot more Americans who have served, seen war and it's affect and believe in democracy and not in the lies your pushing. Why am I even wasting my time, your probably a Chinese troll anyway.
View Quote

I am the real deal, not some Chinese troll. Yes, Trump was democratically elected and is rightfully the president, but he now claims that if he doesn't win the 2020 election, that it's rigged and he will not accept the results of it. He has also been using his powers to disrupt the postal service and absentee/mail in voting. He's claiming that Antifa is the equivalent of ISIS or Al Queda, most of those knuckleheads live in their mom's basement.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because I was not a Jew.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Are you my BIL, Robin?

Sounds like. Hillary still lost. You still waist deep in Scotch?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I am the real deal, not some Chinese troll. Yes, Trump was democratically elected and is rightfully the president, but he now claims that if he doesn't win the 2020 election, that it's rigged and he will not accept the results of it. He has also been using his powers to disrupt the postal service and absentee/mail in voting. He's claiming that Antifa is the equivalent of ISIS or Al Queda, most of those knuckleheads live in their mom's basement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump has no problem speaking his mind and yet in all of his many Twitter posts, speeches, television appearances there is none of that. Funny how early in the morning there is a surge in odd posts. Usually when the nightcrew fades away and before most of the Arfcom usuals log in. It's a time when someone not a real deal could have a chance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Turn off your TV dude, you’ve brainwashed yourself
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Because I was not a Jew.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
View Quote

u mad?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top