Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
double tap

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let us cross the river

And rest beneath the shade of the trees.
View Quote
Famous last words... literally.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was just about to ask what tactical advantage there was to controlling liberty Island.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess we're just going to accept that the Statue of Liberty would be an ideal defensive/overwatch position even though it's about 900 yards from the nearest shoreline?
I was just about to ask what tactical advantage there was to controlling liberty Island.

Makes about as much sense as, "We're nuking the shit out of each other down here. Take control of the ISS"

But hey, the pic LOOKS cool, as long as you don't think about it too much.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
2000 meter radius from the statue of liberty.  Does not seem like an effective overwatch position.  Although does make for a cool movie poster.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/407062/1000022237-3053360.jpg
View Quote

Maybe it's CWZ. The zombies can't swim, but retain enough rudimentary intelligence to row boats? Setup base of operations on Liberty Island. Overwatch is to look for rowboats and sink 'em
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If they don't make it about owning human beings, maybe God will be on their side next time.
View Quote

lol, you think the North cared about slavery?

Try not paying your property or income tax, then tell us how free to are pal.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Imagine the poor sons-of-bitches humping those sand bags all the way up there.
View Quote

“I need six volunteers.”

“What for, Sergeant?”

“I need five volunteers.”
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Great writer.

Terrible spot for a nest.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What is the effective range of those guns? They defending Liberty Island?
View Quote

Far less than the missile that blows up that sniper perch.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, the North cared about keeping the union together. There were some powerful anti slavery elements up north, but had the South not seceded, slavery would have died out eventually. Sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would hate to be the guy carrying those sand bags all the way up there.
View Quote

As not a fan of lost circulation I agree.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But the " War of Northern Aggression " had nothing to do with slavery, that is just a figment of my vastly inferior yankee education.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems pretty clear to anyone not trying to pretend otherwise. Almost all the seceeding states open with it directly, many referencing the Fugitive Slave act specifically.

The State of South Carolina having resumed her separate and equal place among nations, deems it due to herself, to the remaining United States of America, and to the nations of the world, that she should declare the immediate causes which have led to this act….

An increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. . . .

For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the forms of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that “Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,” and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.  . . .

On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States. The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy. . . .

But the " War of Northern Aggression " had nothing to do with slavery, that is just a figment of my vastly inferior yankee education.

ZOG used the Jewish Mind Control Lasers to force the state Legislators to compose, pass and publish them….or they are liars.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Might be interested but need to know a lot more first.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#14]
The torch is pretty recognizable.

Would you have gotten her face?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't know, maybe Liberty Island ends up being a tactical HQ center. Didn't realize you had a copy of the script.

Why can't people just look at a picture and say "That's a cool poster. Just the colors, style, etc.."

And not endlessly argue about a plot you have no idea about.

Maybe it's going to be a new supposed woke James Bond movie where Bond is now a black women that you were all shrieking about before (and proven wrong).

Wait until it comes out!

Swear, some of you are more obsessed with the "woke" culture than most high school students.

Even the thread on Reddit that is supposed to be "woke central" had almost no one talking about politics, wokeness, trannies, fatties, etc..

It was all about "What a cool poster with the imagery. Might be a good movie based on the director's previous stuff (Dredd, 28 Days/Weeks Later, etc..)."

This is what happens when you spend 12hrs a day looking for news to be outraged at.

It rots your brain to the core to the point you can't look at a simple movie poster and think "That's a creative movie poster design."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess we're just going to accept that the Statue of Liberty would be an ideal defensive/overwatch position even though it's about 900 yards from the nearest shoreline?

I don't know, maybe Liberty Island ends up being a tactical HQ center. Didn't realize you had a copy of the script.

Why can't people just look at a picture and say "That's a cool poster. Just the colors, style, etc.."

And not endlessly argue about a plot you have no idea about.

Maybe it's going to be a new supposed woke James Bond movie where Bond is now a black women that you were all shrieking about before (and proven wrong).

Wait until it comes out!

Swear, some of you are more obsessed with the "woke" culture than most high school students.

Even the thread on Reddit that is supposed to be "woke central" had almost no one talking about politics, wokeness, trannies, fatties, etc..

It was all about "What a cool poster with the imagery. Might be a good movie based on the director's previous stuff (Dredd, 28 Days/Weeks Later, etc..)."

This is what happens when you spend 12hrs a day looking for news to be outraged at.

It rots your brain to the core to the point you can't look at a simple movie poster and think "That's a creative movie poster design."

Reminds me of the hate boner the whole “conservative” sphere had for the movie “The Hunt”. The movie was about how a small group of entitled Leftards who got themselves cancelled for saying stupid shit online pool thier money together and hatch a plot to get even with the “Rethuglicans” who mocked them and accidentally kidnapped a surly ex-MP girl boss who proceeds to slaughter them back.

In the 70s or 80s it would have been a cult classic but nobody has a sense of humor anymore.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Why do I keep coming back to my mother's sayings in my old age?

To error is human, to forgive divine.

ETA:  Except Nazis, Japs, Slopes, or Charlie.  5th gen Rebs get a pass.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I mean, kinda busting balls. But, if a modern US general pulled a Sherman in Iraq, Afghanistan, or looking like China, the members here from South of the Mason Dixon would be all, Fuck Yeah!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepared to get loved tenderly by the bros in the South.

I mean, kinda busting balls. But, if a modern US general pulled a Sherman in Iraq, Afghanistan, or looking like China, the members here from South of the Mason Dixon would be all, Fuck Yeah!

We aint going into China….we won’t play their game we will play ours. Cut ‘em off from the sea lanes and fuck them economically until they come to the table, or better yet, the proles rise up and give them what they deserve.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Hopefully this futuristic, post-Apoc ‘Civil War’ is from a conservative perspective.

The Batista left-wing Woke version, Bushwick, sucked monkey-balls in terms of any realism of how such a conflict would actually go down.

It sucked hard starting with the movie’s premise: a group of right-wing secessionist southern states decide, for no apparently good reason, to send forces to attack a NYC shithole hamlet called Bushwick. Eventually said forces get their asses handed to them by suddenly highly-skilled non-gun-owning residents with zero combat training or experience.

I mean, why?

Bushwick | First trailer for action-thriller with Dave Bautista & Brittany Snow
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eh, I won't point out the irony of a southerner saying WV seceded illegally
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y'all seceded from VA illegally.

We still "own" WV, and you know it.

ETA - I'm originally from PA.  VA is my adopted state.
          I'm required to argue with West Virginians.

The Commonwealth made me sign a pledge
          when I was six upon crossing the Potowmac.

Eh, I won't point out the irony of a southerner saying WV seceded illegally

@colklink

Ambridge77's point is legitimate.  If Virgina was still lawfully part of the Union in 1863, then the only Constitutionally legal way WV could be formed was for the VA legislature to approve it.  Otherwise, for WV to be lawfully admitted to the Union in 1863, Virginia would have to not be part of the United States.  Hence secession, even though it was done for an immoral cause, was legal.  

See the US Constitution, Article IV, Section 3:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

I looked into this a few years ago and discovered that any state admitted to the Union after 1861 has to declare in their state Constitution that their membership in the Union is permanent.  Ever wonder why?

This is what the WV Constitution states in the very first Article:  

"ARTICLE I
1-1.  Relations to the government of the United States.
    The state of West Virginia is, and shall remain, one of the United States of America.  The constitution of the United States of America, and the laws and treaties made in pursuance thereof, shall be the supreme law of the land."

In contrast, see the Massachusetts Constitution:

Part the First
Article IV.
The people of this commonwealth have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves, as a free, sovereign, and independent state; and do, and forever hereafter shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not, or may not hereafter, be by them expressly delegated to the United States of America in Congress assembled.

Notice anything different?  The Massachusetts Constitution is very 'secessiony.'  In fact, they threated secession in 1814 because Great Britain was seizing ships and preventing sea commerce during the War of 1812.

Secessiony Yankees
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's a lot worse than that. I have to laugh when some new property is introduced, and people say things like "I hope it's not woke."
Woke is the default setting for everything in modern America. (In the West, really.) That's what happens when you lose the culture war.
Everything is woke. For the most part, it (whatever "it" is) can't exist unless it's woke. That's modern life.
View Quote
You have a lot of time to think these days.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Will a rpg reach the torch?  I know a TOW will
View Quote

closest point is like 750 meters. So out of "effective" range of a RPG.

Well within almost all heavy weapons range (Javelin, Tow, MK19, M2, etc)
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Let us cross the river

View Quote

He may have lost his left arm, but I have lost my right.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am sure it will.suck
View Quote

Normally I'd agree, but he's made 3 awesome movies. There is hope!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Wv widcats, southern WV shot both sides. Stay the fuck off my land.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool. Haven’t watched the trailer (if there is one) and don’t know anything about the movie. But his other stuff is good so I’m hoping it’s rad.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

typical GD, everything fucking sucks.  to hell with even watching the trailer because everything sucks anyways
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sure it will.suck

typical GD, everything fucking sucks.  to hell with even watching the trailer because everything sucks anyways

Don’t let miserable losers drag you down with them. Misery loves company.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Civil War: January 6th.

A group of maga-right wing terrorists succeed in overthrowing the government. All gays are killed. Women made to live barefoot in the kitchen. Immigrants made into slave labor.

A small group of transsexuals will strike out at the oppressive regime...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Put a chick in it and make her gay!
View Quote

Correction: black gay chick.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They're defending NYC from illegals swimming in from Cuba.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a really stupid location to set up an overwatch.

They're defending NYC from illegals swimming in from Cuba.

Those are loooong shots.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hopefully this futuristic, post-Apoc ‘Civil War’ is from a conservative perspective.

The Batista left-wing Woke version, Bushwick, sucked monkey-balls in terms of any realism of how such a conflict would actually go down.

It sucked hard starting with the movie’s premise: a group of right-wing secessionist southern states decide, for no apparently good reason, to send forces to attack a NYC shithole hamlet called Bushwick. Eventually said forces get their asses handed to them by suddenly highly-skilled non-gun-owning residents with zero combat training or experience.

I mean, why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsfVEZXXp8
View Quote

Couldn’t even make it through the trailer. God bless whoever sat through that lib circle jerk.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Would have been more realistic if those guys were shown atop a Costco.  

Whomever can take and hold one of those when TSHTF, will be the Colonel Kurtz of the area.

Requires several belt-feds IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#32]
right war of northern aggression the south started was about states right to own humans as slaves exactly lolz
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Let us cross the river

View Quote

RIP T. J. Jackson
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I watch the first episode of Dev last night on Hulu

Garland writes and films cyber rather well
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's a lot worse than that. I have to laugh when some new property is introduced, and people say things like "I hope it's not woke."
Woke is the default setting for everything in modern America. (In the West, really.) That's what happens when you lose the culture war.
Everything is woke. For the most part, it (whatever "it" is) can't exist unless it's woke. That's modern life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember the good ole days when a new movie didn’t require “is it woke” consideration.

You know things are bad when movie/TV/game review websites are popping up to help filter out the wokest of the woke for everyone.

https://worthitorwoke.com/
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would hate to be the guy carrying those sand bags all the way up there.
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that!  
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah yes. The tax free South Fucking lol
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Wish they would make "Gray State" but that is arguably more revolutionary than civil war.

Gray State - Official Concept Trailer
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wish they would make "Gray State" but that is arguably more revolutionary than civil war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7FVXERKFE
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
And you simply can't have a thread titled ' Civil War ' without mentioning the greatest American General Officer of all time. One who was touched by God.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1200px-General_William_T__Sherman__41908-3053039.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Civil War | Official Trailer HD | A24
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#42]
We'll here come the guns an ammo price spike...
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Looks pretty cool!  Who knows how woke/anti-Constitution it will be, but the action looks cool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#44]

This doesn’t look like your typical A24 movie
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Trailer wasn't heavy on the virtue signaling so I guess we'll see. Interesting that Nick Offerman wasn't on the IMDB page until the trailer release, he has top billing now. He's pretty far off the rails to the left at this point but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the movie.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks decent and at least unique in comparison to the crap Hollywood has been churning out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

I can't tell if this movie will be based or cringe. I laughed at the CNN journalist soyjaking in front of the Abrams, but I doubt that the director intended that to be funny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, that surprised me too. Not what I expected coming out of A24.

Could be dogshit, who knows. Not going to make any predictions until I see it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Garland has worked with these actors in Devs

Devs (Hulu) Trailer HD - Nick Offerman, Sonoya Mizuno series

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And you simply can't have a thread titled ' Civil War ' without mentioning the greatest American General Officer of all time. One who was touched by God.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1200px-General_William_T__Sherman__41908-3053039.JPG
View Quote

Sting?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top