Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if a beekeeper doesn’t keep their hives for commercial purposes are they going to pay 8.50 per bee?

That’s some mighty fine totalitarian utopian think.
View Quote

Yeah, and if they have to come a knockin' to collect their tribute, don't worry about your dags... they'll be shooting your bees. Can't have angry untaxed bees running around free.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I mean one gets what one votes for so….
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Does that include livestock?

Holy molly.  They are insane.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
"Feral" populations are going to explode.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sorry, I had to fix that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pets = Climate Change. Serfs don’t need pets in their dream feudal society.

If you give the government more power & taxes they can fix the climate..

While they fly private, have 15 guard dogs, five houses, and 15 cars…

Sorry, I had to fix that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why not? In Colorado Springs we used to have the Storm Water Tax that taxed you based on the amount of rainfall, and subsequent drainage from your property.

View Quote

We have that in Denver plus a sidewalk tax.  We don't even have a sidewalk in front of our business, but you still have to pay the tax.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Colorado gets the Government it VOTED for. Same with Portland, Seattle,  LA, NYC and elsewhere.  At least you have legal weed so enjoy that!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
No that's a legitimate use of government.

Said nobody ever.

If we tarred and feathered more politicians somehow I think we'd have less stupid shit like this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pets = Climate Change. Surfs don't need pets in their dream feudal society.

If you give the government more power & taxes they can fix the climate..

While they fly private, have 15 guard dogs, five houses, and 15 cars

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#10]
At what point do we simply tell the idiots to fuck off?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
lol that assumes I even bother to pay for dog licenses.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Talking head on local newscast said it had been pulled because of lack of support but I am unable to find confirmation.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol fuck the government
View Quote

so say we all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
start building guillotines
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm so fucking sick of these fuckers who think every breathe of your life belongs to them. I hate them
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw it a few days ago on my exotic critter forum.

https://usark.org/24co/

Colorado House Bill 24-1163 enters a new level of big government and big taxes. The bill will add a new tax of up to $8.50 (but actually up to $25) on EACH pet and it includes ALL animals, even invertebrates. The tax is paid every year. It also requires every pet to be registered with the State and assigned a “designated caregiver.” If you do not name a “designated caregiver,” the cost for each pet is $25 annually. There is no cap or per household type of maximum taxation. This will also be in addition to any local taxes (like dog licenses).

To summarize how outrageous that is, if someone has 100 aquarium fish or koi in a water garden, they could be paying $850 annually to have those fish. If you do not register a “designated caregiver” with the State that means having 100 aquarium fish will cost you $2,500 annually! Ten pet reptiles will cost $85 to $250 annually. 20 assorted pets (dog, cat, hamster, parakeet, tarantula, 2 snakes, three frogs, and 10 fish) would be $170 to $500 each year for this new tax. This tax would apply to all “pet animals.” A child with an ant farm (ants are invertebrates)… get ready to pay big for those pet ants, parents!

The new “online pet animal registration system” will be created and maintained by the Department of Agriculture. The penalty for not registering your animals is up to $100 per animal (“per unlawful act or violation”). If a good citizen is unaware of this new law, those 100 unregistered aquarium or water garden fish could cost $10,000 in fines!

Per the bill, “pet animal” means: A DOG, CAT, RABBIT, GUINEA PIG, HAMSTER, MOUSE, RAT, GERBIL, FERRET, BIRD, FISH, REPTILE, AMPHIBIAN, INVERTEBRATE, OR ANY OTHER SPECIES OF WILD OR DOMESTIC OR HYBRID ANIMAL SIX MONTHS OF AGE OR OLDER, THAT IS SOLD, TRANSFERRED, OR RETAINED FOR THE PURPOSE OF BEING KEPT AS A HOUSEHOLD PET.

The bill does not state any exemption for Pet Animal Care and Facilities Act (PACFA) Program registered animal breeders/sellers. So the tax could apply to each animal in those facilities that is over six months old. However, those animals under PACFA should not be included since the definition of “pet animal” includes the text, “THAT IS SOLD, TRANSFERRED, OR RETAINED FOR THE PURPOSE OF BEING KEPT AS A HOUSEHOLD PET.”

The only animals exempt are “livestock”: COW, HORSE, MULE, BURRO, SHEEP, POULTRY, SWINE, LLAMA, OR GOAT, other working animals on a farm or ranch, and animals raised for “food or fiber production.”

The bill claims it will “connect pet animals with their owners and designated caregivers when and after emergencies occur, and protect pet animals by supporting animal shelters that are caretakers of last resort.” Sounds noble but it will accomplish none of that when people cannot afford to register their pets and also may not want the government taking up more seats in their living rooms. Basically, this bill claims that no person is a responsible pet owner and that people should only be allowed to have pets if they pay more taxes to the government to monitor their pets for them. It is more collective punishment. Because someone abandons their pet, it means that everyone else must pay for it while the people causing any issues will simply not pay the tax.

The bill is titled the “PET ANIMAL REGISTRATION ACT” and it was introduced by Representative Regina English.

The bill has a hearing on Feb. 22 with the House Agriculture, Water & Natural Resources Committee. Location: State Capitol, Committee Hearing Room 0107 (basement), 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203

Read the bill at https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2024A/bills/2024a_1163_01.pdf.

Get full bill details at https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1163.

House Agriculture, Water & Natural Resources Committee details: https://leg.colorado.gov/committees/agriculture-water-natural-resources/2024-regular-session

Sample Messaging and Information

Committee email list: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Find and contact your Colorado Legislators: Go to this link and find your Colorado Representative and Senator. You can send them the sample email below and call them. If you have a Representative on this Committee (link above), make sure you email and call to tell them that you oppose this bill! The Committee members will be the first to vote. If the bill gets stopped in Committee, then it is dead for the year. https://leg.colorado.gov/find-my-legislator

Email subject line: NO to HB24-1163

Sample Email

As a responsible pet owner and Colorado resident, I oppose HB24-1163. This bill goes too far and creates an overreaching new tax. For many Colorado pet owners, the new tax would be several hundred to more than $1,000 annually just to own the pets that they already have! Many people have more than 100 pet fish or they may be propagating saltwater corals. Both are included as “pet animals” per this bill. Many more Colorado residents have more than 20 combined pets when you include all reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, small mammals, and invertebrates as “pet animals.” This tax is excessive and unjust.

While the intent may be noble, this bill misses the mark by a mile. This does not solve any problems other than taxing responsible pet owners. The irresponsible owners who abandon pets will continue to be there and not paying this tax while the responsible owners will be the only ones paying the tax. It is collective punishment and bad government policy. I have made my own plans for my pets should I unexpectedly pass away or have another emergency and I do not need the government intervening through this invasive and forced act.

While I understand the claimed intent, this bill is nothing more than certain Colorado legislators saying I am unfit as a pet owner and should not be allowed to have pets unless the State oversees me. Thank you for your time. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME and COLORADO ZIP CODE
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I see they added invertebrates, just in case you had a congress critter in the family.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
this country was created over much less taxation than we are currently experiencing.
View Quote

We've moved to the destruction phase.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Beat by 11 minutes .
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#22]
This will be followed like the magazine ban.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#23]
The unintended consequence is that people will no longer be taking their pets to the vet no longer getting rabies shots or collars or ID tags and Will claim they do not know who owns the dog cat etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why not? In Colorado Springs we used to have the Storm Water Tax that taxed you based on the amount of rainfall, and subsequent drainage from your property.

View Quote

But I bet you were not allowed to capture that rainwater either it "belonged" to someone else.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#25]
How about the bill to quadruple the Colorado property taxes on short term rental homes that are rented more than 90 days a year?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't even know how many fish are in my aquariums, fuckers breed like mad.  They can tax my fish cum.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#27]

I am sure she knows it will go nowhere but it moves "Overtons Window" and that is the real purpose. The people will be happy when they ONLY tax dogs and cats and ONLY 100 dollars a year.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I no longer work at a company I worked at for 19 years, because they tried to force to move from Missouri to Colorado.
I did not like the gun laws, so I found a new job.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I initially thought the link in OP was a satire site.  Now, I see the pet tax bill is real.  Maybe this is an example of what happens when your state legalizes pot.  Who would have thought?
View Quote

Actually this is what happens when liberal idiots are in control.  A la Seattle, Portland, California, etc.  Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Fine then my "pet" is a medical device prescribed for me by my doctor at the VA for "therapy"...
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So if a beekeeper doesn’t keep their hives for commercial purposes are they going to pay 8.50 per bee?

That’s some mighty fine totalitarian utopian think.
View Quote

A honeybee hive usually has between 20 000 and 80 000 bees living together in a colony.

with a life span of 30-60 days. to keep the tax code simple  let's say new bees every 30 days on average.

Now that's a tax.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A honeybee hive usually has between 20 000 and 80 000 bees living together in a colony.

with a life span of 30-60 days. to keep the tax code simple  let's say new bees every 30 days on average.

Now that's a tax.
View Quote

Critters used for food production are exempt from the tax.  So, no tax on honeybees but a tarantula would be taxed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Not pets. Therapy animals, medically exempt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Hahahaha...suck a bag of dicks!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I loved growing up in Colorado in 1956-1978.

Glad as hell I left.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Total control and monetization of the human capital / cattle citizen, subjects..

The pet tax is just another tax on YOU and permission you must buy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Shelved indefinitely

Colorado pet registry bill dies days after being introduced following intense backlash
Rep. Regina English said HB24-1163 is postponed indefinitely
View Quote

Left cold
https://www.denver7.com/news/politics/colorado-pet-registry-bill-dies-days-after-being-introduced-following-intense-backlash#:~:text=HB24%2D1163%20would%20have%20required,pets%20without%20a%20designated%20caregiver
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#38]
And my county requires registering dogs. I have never registered a dog.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought the tax on weed was supposed to solve all their problems.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Soon they’ll come for our dupes
View Quote

One guy duping another at 6am seems weird given the topic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Colorado gets the Government it VOTED for. Same with Portland, Seattle,  LA, NYC and elsewhere.  At least you have legal weed so enjoy that!
View Quote

I didn't vote for any of this shit.  Wait for them to take over your state.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't vote for any of this.  Out of the 64 counties in Colorado, there are 5 or 6 that are uber liberal and happen to have the majority of the population.  Those counties pretty much dictate policy.  Same problem in Oregon, Washington and soon Idaho.  Californians are like locusts, they move to other states and leave a path of destruction in their wake.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Here are the Colorado "fees" for a license plate renewal.  Asswipes.

Road Safety Surcharge   23.00

Bridge Safety Surcharge  18.00

Registration Base Fee  10.60

Age of Vehicle Add-on (LSCF)  5.00

Clerk Hire Fee  4.00

Emergency Medical Services  2.00

Peace Officer Standardized Training Fee  1.00

County Road and Bridge  0.94

Emissions - Statewide Air Account  0.50

Insurance Fee  0.50

Motorist Insurance Database Fee  0.10

Total Fees: $68.97

This is what you get when Democrats hold the House and Senate and the cock sucking butt f*cker Governor is a Democrat.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
To summarize how outrageous that is, if someone has 100 aquarium fish or koi in a water garden, they could be paying $850 annually to have those fish. If you do not register a "designated caregiver" with the State that means having 100 aquarium fish will cost you $2,500 annually!
View Quote

You think that's bad, an ant farm or a sea monkey aquarium will have you declaring bankruptcy.

Also if I raise dogs for meat, they're not pets anymore, right?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol , how about Fuck you . Not gonna happen . Maybe someone will pay your shit . I never would, because fuck you .
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Soon they’ll come for our dupes
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Somehow, PETA or ASPCA must have their hands out for a portion of this money. The probably help write it, and buried in it is a ‘rehabilitation fund’ they can have oversight on.

A minimum age limit of 18 to be a pet owner? (Page 4 line 14 of the bill). A hamster as concerning to the public as a shotgun.

Even the Babylon Bee couldn’t think up something this absurd.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#48]
It's been tabled.

For now.

I am sure the cocksuckers will try again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL Colorado.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Dupe tax
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top