Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Terrible design. Impossible to dock along side without risking damage to a paint job that can't be patched, and flexing a hull that's mostly glass. Hull side laminated windows will begin to fail within a year, and within three or four they'll start to leak around the edges. I've spent two decades dealing with moronic Italian yacht designs and that one takes the cake.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was built by technomar yachts, lambo helped with the design cues on the interior. Exterior and running surfaces are technomar design.

Two 24-liter MAN V12 diesel engines produce 2,000 PS (1,972 HP) each for a total of 4,000 PS (3,945 HP in total), allowing the motor yacht to reach a top speed of 60 knots (69 mph / 111 km/h). This makes it the fastest of the Tecnomar fleet, thanks in part to a low weight of 24 tons (48,000 lbs).

View Quote

Given that Lamborghini is famous for their V12's I've guessing they had some hand in the design of the marine engines.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That fight with Mayweather set him up with $$$ for a good while. But if he keeps buying gold plated things like this, he might end up like MC Hammer.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/49d03b9e8ef4b85e4e7b9bf322997670/tenor.gif?itemid=5307262
View Quote

He made 6 or 7 X that selling his shares of propper 12
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Terrible design. Impossible to dock along side without risking damage to a paint job that can't be patched, and flexing a hull that's mostly glass. Hull side laminated windows will begin to fail within a year, and within three or four they'll start to leak around the edges. I've spent two decades dealing with moronic Italian yacht designs and that one takes the cake.

View Quote

Doesn't seem very practical, but my guess is that he'll use it and sell it in about a year or two tops.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

bruh I don't think you and me are the target audience
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, most ships even half that size have a small kitchen.  I'm sure it has a fairly nice bathroom for a boat and a fairly nice kitchen area.  It's like a really nice small apartment on the water that travels basically.

No way is that thing "blue water" fit though.  It's basically made for tooling around the Med or island hoping somewhere like the Caribbean. If he wants to move it from say off the coast of Spain to the Bahamas he's going to have to get a larger ship to transport it there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that boat for tooling around the harbor or is it blue water capable?   Would it have a kitchen?

Oh yeah, most ships even half that size have a small kitchen.  I'm sure it has a fairly nice bathroom for a boat and a fairly nice kitchen area.  It's like a really nice small apartment on the water that travels basically.

No way is that thing "blue water" fit though.  It's basically made for tooling around the Med or island hoping somewhere like the Caribbean. If he wants to move it from say off the coast of Spain to the Bahamas he's going to have to get a larger ship to transport it there.

Galley. Head.

C'mon man.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is that boat for tooling around the harbor or is it blue water capable?   Would it have a kitchen?
View Quote

On the right day anything is blue water capable!  This boat's sweet spot is going really fast for a short distance and then acting like a douchenozzle.  My money is that it never leaves Miami, as this is where such boats belong (*with the exception of a trip to Bimini Resort World, where they'll brag about their international adventures on IG*).  

It will have a galley, which is what they call kitchens on a boat
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Given that Lamborghini is famous for their V12's I've guessing they had some hand in the design of the marine engines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was built by technomar yachts, lambo helped with the design cues on the interior. Exterior and running surfaces are technomar design.

Two 24-liter MAN V12 diesel engines produce 2,000 PS (1,972 HP) each for a total of 4,000 PS (3,945 HP in total), allowing the motor yacht to reach a top speed of 60 knots (69 mph / 111 km/h). This makes it the fastest of the Tecnomar fleet, thanks in part to a low weight of 24 tons (48,000 lbs).

I highly doubt it. Normally with these colaborations, AMG does a lot of them too, they just are there for the design and styling cues.

big difference between a v12 gas car engine that's like 6 liters compared to a 24 liter twin turbo common rail diesel engine. Plus, the transmissions and the gearing etc.

It's way out of VW groups wheel house.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
63' is a superyacht now?  Good to know.  

Apparently you slap a sports car logo on anything and it sells like hotcakes.  Even Porsche is doing yachts now.
View Quote

I was thinking the same......I wouldn't say super yacht.

Now this is a super yacht at just under 600 ft. It defines the difference between millionaires and guys worth billions. I cant imagine the monthly nut on this thing for crew and maintenance let alone fuel and mooring fees. This is after dropping north of $600 mil just for the boat.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the paint color on the engines. MAN is legit and they're not going to take any cues from Lamborghini on design. Lamborghini would be completely out of their depth.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only 63' and 2 bedrooms?
View Quote

How is this not an @BlackFox post
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
You sure do love hanging off that piece of shit's nuts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@BlackFox

Can you weigh in? What’s the industry standard  for a super yacht?

As close as I even get to the word is on the articles I read

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/349123/742BA0BF-8F7C-473D-9BE4-837D42EDFD6F_jpe-2021700.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/349123/A3CFCA72-7EE0-4826-BF5B-8E061A16070B_jpe-2021701.JPG
View Quote

Sorry Rogueboss - wasn't busting on you.  I saw the article, and thought it was funny.  

At the time my boat was entered into the Superyachts.com directory of superyachts, she was the smallest vessel ever to achieve this status at a mere 90' long.  This was primarily due to her volume, which exceeded any 112' boat at the time.  The general rule is that 100' is the smallest superyacht, anything below about 65' is a "pocket yacht" and a 70' to 100' is a "yacht."  Megas start at around 200'.

Keep in mind that the general rule is that adding 10' to a boat doubles the volume (and general size).  A jump from a 60' to a 70' is a huge deal.  The 102' version of my boat is almost 2x the gross tonnage.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Man that thing is awesome, you could just blubblubblublublublub around or WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH either one.

I wonder if they raised the deck so he can see over the rail.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The truth is they're targeting people with no yachting experience because nobody that's ever been around boats would want it. I did a survey for a high profile guy on a Dutch boat of similar stupidity. I talked him out of it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]
if i had the money to burn on a boat that expensive it wouldn't look like an ugly oversized speed boat
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
22-6-0 and a half-way decent whiskey gets you that?

I went into the wrong business.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The truth is they're targeting people with no yachting experience because nobody that's ever been around boats would want it. I did a survey for a high profile guy on a Dutch boat of similar stupidity. I talked him out of it.

View Quote

As has been mentioned- what are the odds he’s actually “using” this boat and not just sitting on it in the docks and talking about how cool he his while drinking?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same......I wouldn't say super yacht.

Now this is a super yacht at just under 600 ft. It defines the difference between millionaires and guys worth billions. I cant imagine the monthly nut on this thing for crew and maintenance let alone fuel and mooring fees. This is after dropping north of $600 mil just for the boat.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134638/E6756E0E-74A1-4C43-A220-1EC77C79808F_jpe-2021706.JPG
View Quote
I don't care how big it is... If it doesn't have sails... Why bother?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#20]
There are many 3.5 million dollar yachts that are capable of crossing oceans is style and comfort.  

That is not one of them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't care how big it is... If it doesn't have sails... Why bother?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Can someone photoshop the yachts christening with a broken foot instead of champagne?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As has been mentioned- what are the odds he's actually "using" this boat and not just sitting on it in the docks and talking about how cool he his while drinking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As has been mentioned- what are the odds he's actually "using" this boat and not just sitting on it in the docks and talking about how cool he his while drinking?

He'll have to hire at least a Captain to drive him around and maintain the boat. He'll drive it himself when the Captain is sure there's nothing for him to run in to but he won't be doing the docking. The only way to keep that paint job from getting destroyed is by having lots of fenders, a good Captain, and a deckhand that knows how to set everything up.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He'll have to hire at least a Captain to drive him around and maintain the boat. He'll drive it himself when the Captain is sure there's nothing for him to run in to but he won't be doing the docking. The only way to keep that paint job from getting destroyed is by having lots of fenders, a good Captain, and a deckhand that knows how to set everything up.

View Quote

He doesn’t even strike me as the guy who would ever even want to drive it himself

Rather as the type who just wants to park it in a front dock spot and tell at people about how cool he is
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#25]
What is the definition of a yacht? To me that just looks like a really expensive fancy speedboat.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I highly doubt it. Normally with these colaborations, AMG does a lot of them too, they just are there for the design and styling cues.

big difference between a v12 gas car engine that's like 6 liters compared to a 24 liter twin turbo common rail diesel engine. Plus, the transmissions and the gearing etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VW owns MAN
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
if i had the money to burn on a boat that expensive it wouldn't look like an ugly oversized speed boat
View Quote

Perhaps, he's setting himself for a side hustle of importing Co-fucking-caine.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They also make farm tractors.  In fact they made tractors, before they made cars.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/351202/1920px-Lamborghini_Trattori_jpg-2021689.JPG
View Quote
Ferruccio Lamborghini also made Heating and Air conditioning equipment
and industrial hydraulic equipment. He got into building cars to snub Enzo Ferrari for the poor service
he got from the factory in Maranello. He was 54 when he built his first car, if I recall correct.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That fight with Mayweather set him up with $$$ for a good while. But if he keeps buying gold plated things like this, he might end up like MC Hammer.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/49d03b9e8ef4b85e4e7b9bf322997670/tenor.gif?itemid=5307262
View Quote

The sale of Proper Whiskey did much more for him.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Only 3.5?   They didn’t miss a zero?
View Quote

That's my thought. Actually seems kind of low. I guess that's what inflation will do to our perception.

I also assume the boat was made by another company and then Lamborghini just tacked onto the price to put their name on it. Since when does Lamborghini know anything about boats?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#31]
It's a bro dozer on the water.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's worth $200 million after the sale of Proper whiskey.

Think he's gonna be ok.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There are many 3.5 million dollar yachts that are capable of crossing oceans is style and comfort.  

That is not one of them.
View Quote

in 2003 ish you could buy a loaded out 65 viking sportie with twin MTU 1800hp for 3 mil
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

VW owns MAN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VW owns MAN

LoL...VW auto
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Think he's gonna be ok.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think he's gonna be ok.

maybe....it depends if he has good advisors to tell him not to be a tard with his money
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
maybe....it depends if he has good advisors to tell him not to be a tard with his money
View Quote

and if he agrees to listen to them.  I don't think he's the kind of guy who takes advice well when he disagrees with it.

Financial advisors: "Conor, you're running out of money.  Slow down your spending."

McGregor:  "FEWK YOO!! I'll buy your measly building just to terminate yer lease early and throw yew out onto tha streets!!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

He sold the half of his whiskey company that he still owned earlier this year for $600 million. He was the world's highest paid athlete on this year's Forbes List at $180 million (that includes his part of the whiskey sale) That should hold him a while. I can still see him ending up broke, though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LoL...VW auto
View Quote

VAG....guess they own Navistar too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Should we start a pool on when he sinks that thing?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He sold the half of his whiskey company that he still owned earlier this year for $600 million. He was the world's highest paid athlete on this year's Forbes List at $180 million (that includes his part of the whiskey sale) That should hold him a while. I can still see him ending up broke, though.
View Quote

he'll end up mowing the grass at a high school like a real-life Groundskeeper Willie.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I know what a real yacht is and that's no yacht. It's just a bad ass boat.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:  

When you say yacht I expect to see a yacht.
View Quote
See my reply above. ^^^^^
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:This boat's sweet spot is going really fast for a short distance and then acting like a douchenozzle.
View Quote

Fits the buyer, then?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

On the right day anything is blue water capable!  This boat's sweet spot is going really fast for a short distance and then acting like a douchenozzle.  My money is that it never leaves Miami, as this is where such boats belong (*with the exception of a trip to Bimini Resort World, where they'll brag about their international adventures on IG*).  

It will have a galley, which is what they call kitchens on a boat
View Quote

Truth! Again, I'll reference my reply above. That's not a yacht.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#45]
That's a glorified boat
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#46]
If he’s on crutches, he can’t sneak up on his wife blowing the captain at least…
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Should we start a pool on when he sinks that thing?
View Quote

I'll place my bet now - It will be on the rocks of an easily navigable inlet between 1:30 a.m and 3:30 a.m. between 90 and 120 days of him taking ownership (right about when you get complacent).  The radio will be found to be "wide open throttle" (WOT) at time of impact.  There will be multiple bikini tops around the site of the wreckage.  The female occupants will all mysteriously be rescued in spite of not wearing life preservers (as if they had natural flotation devices), and Conor will be quickly shuffled away before the officers arrive on location.  Within 6 months there will be another click-bait article posted about how he's now buying a $6.9MM "yacht" (that will be something like a Pershing 78) with some sort of corporate sponsorship.  I'll take my money in BTC or small bills please
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Sick.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I guess Lear is sold out of jets?

View Quote

You can can’t buy a KingAir for 3.5m.     I bought one of the cheapest jets sold, and it was 5.5.  20 years ago.  

He probably uses Netjets or charters.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

and if he agrees to listen to them.  I don't think he's the kind of guy who takes advice well when he disagrees with it.

Financial advisors: "Conor, you're running out of money.  Slow down your spending."

McGregor:  "FEWK YOO!! I'll buy your measly building just to terminate yer lease early and throw yew out onto tha streets!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep pretty much.

200 mil doesn't last if you can't control your spending.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top