Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 3:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Insert Appropriate Comment to Avoid Another Ban
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 4:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Such bravery, they made the badge shine that day like no other day in history!
 I feel much safer now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Why aren't all 3 assholes charged?

Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Target is going to get sued and pay this guy a lot of money. You have to make reasonable accommodation to give a person with a disability access to the same services a non-disabled person would have.

https://www.ada.gov/topics/title-iii/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've dealt with any number of people like that in my bicycle shop over the years.  

The way you deal with them is be patient and help them.  Yes it's frustrating as shit when you could be doing something worthwhile but are stuck helping a guy who has that badly diminished capacity.  Instead of hating them just help them and be glad that you are not in their shoes.

Karen the store manager is going to have a very bad day if she isn't already fired.  That video is going to go viral and Target is going to get bombed.

Fired?

No. I'd knock that dumb bitch down to minimum wage cart pusher for that shit, make her work like a goddamn mule, and the rest of her previous salary can go to paying the legal expenses that her actions will incur.

All four of those dipshits with badges need to be charged for allowing that farce to play out, not just the shitbird with the sphincter on his face where a mouth should be.

The victim was obviously mentally handicapped. Not a threat, not a nuisance, not a malicious criminal. Anyone that would fuck with someone like that would have no qualms with doing the same to a small child.

Things that are plainly black and white, right and goddamn wrong, are not difficult to understand. This was not a nuanced, complicated situation, this was someone that needed some kind of help, but instead was harassed, bullied, humiliated, traumatized, and abducted by armed men. They did this to someone that needed help, they have no business carrying a badge and gun, and should never enforce anything more stringent than a goddamn parking meter.

If that's how they treat someone with the mental capacity of a child, I say throw all four of those heartless fucks in prison, let 'em fucking rot with their own kind.

Target is going to get sued and pay this guy a lot of money. You have to make reasonable accommodation to give a person with a disability access to the same services a non-disabled person would have.

Businesses must provide people with disabilities an equal opportunity to access the goods or services that they offer.

For example, as a business, you must:

Communicate with people with disabilities as effectively as you communicate with others.
Make reasonable modifications to policies, practices, and procedures where needed.
To make sure that a person with a disability can access the businesses' goods or services.
Allow service animals to be with their person even if you have a no pets policy.
Follow specific standards for physical accessibility when building or altering a building or facility.
Follow specific requirements for ticket sales and testing accommodations.
Remove architectural barriers in buildings when it is readily achievable to do so.
https://www.ada.gov/topics/title-iii/
We don't know how Target interacted with the man prior to what we see on the body cam footage.

Target probably met the legal standard for reasonable accommodation.

This incident happened a year ago.  The DA has personal friends who would take up civil action, if there was a case.  I'm sure there is a NM government agency that would also pursue civil action against Target, if there was a case.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why aren't all 3 assholes charged?

View Quote

Corrupt department of JBT's letting one guy take the fall.

They all SHOULD be getting charged for their involvement.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We don't know how Target interacted with the man prior to what we see on the body cam footage.

Target probably met the legal standard for reasonable accommodation.

This incident happened a year ago.  The DA has personal friends who would take up civil action, if there was a case.  I'm sure there is a NM government agency that would also pursue civil action against Target, if there was a case.
View Quote

There’s a lot we don’t know. What we do know is that he police were called for a shoplifting call. Why they went to that call and then interacted with this individual I do not know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Thin blue lined the fuck out of that handicapped man.

Bet they can work over elderly too.

Don't be surprised.......
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning for dragging him out?

And why do shitweasels always look like shitweasels?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/07/25/16/73594585-12335923-image-a-16_1690297771219.jpg
View Quote

Wow...
I would never have thought there was such a thing as a 'Respect mah authori-tye' face, but there it is.

This can be a thing, like women with RBF. RMAF
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

APD is pathetic.
BCSO is massively dysfunctional.

Having had several interactions with the BCSO, including calling in an active shooter, I'd  rather have the mafia in control.   The abject stupidity I've personally witnessed has been bizarre.  I've had formal L.E. training, these guys don't appear to have had any.   And two of their female deputies, all of 4ft 8in tall and maybe 100 lbs are not who I'd want responding to an incident of physical violence.   They were constantly trying to hold up their weapons belt with both hands.  I really thought they were kids in some police scouting program.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
APD is one fucked up dept. Maybe the Sheriff should take over and disband that dept.

APD is pathetic.
BCSO is massively dysfunctional.

Having had several interactions with the BCSO, including calling in an active shooter, I'd  rather have the mafia in control.   The abject stupidity I've personally witnessed has been bizarre.  I've had formal L.E. training, these guys don't appear to have had any.   And two of their female deputies, all of 4ft 8in tall and maybe 100 lbs are not who I'd want responding to an incident of physical violence.   They were constantly trying to hold up their weapons belt with both hands.  I really thought they were kids in some police scouting program.

Well, it's been a few years since they've been caught on bodycam planning to execute a guy.  That's a plus?
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For bullshit.  To be trespassed you have to refuse to leave when asked or told not to come on the premises prior..  Maybe he did refuse but not on this video.  And it looks like he had the money anyways so just let him complete his purchase and leave, extend some fucking grace to a disabled dude having a hard time.  Could've went a million ways but officer faggot obviously chose wrong.
View Quote

There was a time, when , if you were having an issue like this man was, the responding officer would say, " Hey, tell me what's going on, maybe I can help you."  And then dude would have told him, and the cop would have helped him out. Luckily, the vast majority of cops in my area are still that way. Maybe that's a southern thing, or a small town / county thing.

It should have never gone as far as calling police. An employee should have stepped up and helped the guy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There was a time, when , if you were having an issue like this man was, the responding officer would say, " Hey, tell me what's going on, maybe I can help you."  And then dude would have told him, and the cop would have helped him out. Luckily, the vast majority of cops in my area are still that way. Maybe that's a southern thing, or a small town / county thing.

It should have never gone as far as calling police. An employee should have stepped up and helped the guy.
View Quote

Because of exactly that, whichever manager who called the cops instead of helping should have been fired even before the lawsuit hits the company's lawyers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most stores with self-checkout can transfer the transaction to a dedicated register and take the cash if the machine won't accept it.
View Quote
This is what I think the solution should have been. The manager should have taken him to a register or customer service and rang him out him/herself. Win/win for everybody. More importantly, that's the Managers job, to help customers, not call the cops on them because they are taking too long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Finallly got a chance to watch the video

It is somewhat aamazing to me that there was firings and charges in this as they were mostly professional and fairly gentle in their interaction with this guy

Whereas cops will royally fuck someone or kill them  up with excessive force in a totally baseless stop , and nothing happens besides a payout to the victim or worst case  they are allowed to quietly  retire/resign
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top