Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you legitimately think this was a good shoot?
View Quote

I think it was a tragedy.  No social worker is going to that call alone or even initially.  No crisis team is walking up to that door on the initial call.  

Taser?  Maybe.  Bean bag rounds or 37/40mm impact rounds, maybe.  Reasoning with her, maybe but most likely not going to work.

My Grandmother had dementia and Alzheimer's.  She liven with my mom and dad on property that we both had houses on.  She had great insurance and my mom quit her job to take care of her as she refused to put her in a home.  She had home healthcare nurses assisting in therapy and care.  But no mistake, it was a quality of life issue, not a quantity of life issue and my mom knew this.

Nights were the worst.  Between sundowner syndrome and Grandma having no sense of time, her erratic schedule became my mothers.  My Grandma would take a nap and to her it was the next day.  She would have conversations with people who died decades ago.  She would also quickly become angry and lash out at people.   When trying to talk her down you could see the look of confusion on her face.   My wife and I had been married for about 2 years and my wife was one of the first people she forgot who they were and she quickly was a stranger to her.  But she would slap at things she did not like and grab hands or arms if she did not like someone adjusting her or helping address her hygiene.  She would go from nice to nasty in a few seconds.  

She fell one night when my mother had left her room to use the bathroom.  She broke two of her ribs and hurt her hip.  It ended up being what killed her.  She became bed ridden after that and the nurses tried to do physical therapy with her for her injuries, but she would not cooperate and was hurting for an injury she forgot she had.  Her appetite dropped off and she would eat very little  She continued to try to get out of bed and it was a serious risk for her to do that unsupervised as another fall could cause worse injury or be fatal.  To help keep her in the bed, my mom bought three black carpet runners at the suggestion of one of the nurses who had been a hospice nurse.  She put them on each side of the bed and at the foot of the bed.  My grandmother would not get out of the bed because she perceived the bed as being over a hole and she would be falling down the hole.  How do you communicate with someone in that state?  My grandmother died of pneumonia, largely due to the cracked ribs making her breathing rather shallow due to the pain of taking deep breaths and her inability to move off the bed.  I was there, with my mother and my wife as she was gasping for breath after she was put on her first morphine patch and the nurse said that the end was near.  I watched her pass away with a look of utter confusion that still bothers me today.   I also know that sometimes my grandmother was physically in the room, but was mentally somewhere else.  She was in her 20's talking to her brother that had died before my mother was even out of grade school.  

This wasn't a good shoot.  I don't know if it was a necessary shoot.  What I will say is that we can talk about a 75 year old woman who was holding two knives is what we are going to see.  Who knows what or where Nana thought she was or where she was at and what she was doing at the time.  There really is nothing that cop, a nurse or care giver may have been able to do at that moment in time.  She was at the mercy of a fatal disease that no one, not her, not the cop, not a medical professional can control or predict with any certainty.                

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Being done across some departments.

It's not a bad idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Polish hostage.

Just leave.

But you can "Just leave." If she had hurt herself where would the liability be pointed? How about if he left and she hurt someone else? Family sure isn't going to own up to it. Nope that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

In a just world "Just leave" would be a perfectly reasonable scenario. Unfortunately frivolous lawsuits that succeed are a thing.

It's not a bad idea.

Yea? Tell how that would work out at a school shooting. Or if any violent offender was confronted, and the LE just left.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
cure for dementia. Hand grammy a couple of knives and tell her to go talk to the nice man with the badge and loud voice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's a shitty situation- but if you're not willing to try to disarm your own mother and risk getting stabbed, how can you expect a complete stranger to come into your home and risk getting stabbed trying to disarm her?

If he tased her and she fell on the knives and stabbed herself the family would be just as pissed.

Dementia sucks.

If he backed off and lost visual on her and she went out a backdoor and stabbed someone else he would be equally boned.
View Quote
yup
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"Little shaken babies and drunkards seem to all agree, once the show gets started its bound to be a sight to see"

This is your signature line. It tells me all I need to know about what kind of person you are.
View Quote

The kind of person I am?  Been my sigline since I have had my paid membership and predates you being her by at least a decade.

It's from a Kings of Leon song, "Pyro".  Here's the lyrics:

Single book of matches, gonna burn what's standing in the way
Roaring down the mountain, now they're calling on the fire brigade
Bury all the pictures, and tell the kids that I'm okay
If I'm forgotten, they'll remember me for today

[Chorus]
I, I won't ever be your cornerstone
I, I don't wanna be here holding on

[Verse 2]
All the black inside of me, is slowly seeping from the bone
Everything I cherish, is slowly dying or it's gone
Little shaken babies and drunkards seem to all agree
Once the show gets started it's bound to be a sight to see

[Chorus]
I

[Bridge]
Watch her roll, can you feel it?

[Outro]
I, I don't wanna be here holding on (Watch her roll)
I (Can you feel it?)
I won't ever be your cornerstone
I (Watch her roll)

As for the meaning of the song?
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yea? Tell how that would work out at a school shooting. Or if any violent offender was confronted, and the LE just left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Polish hostage.

Just leave.

But you can "Just leave." If she had hurt herself where would the liability be pointed? How about if he left and she hurt someone else? Family sure isn't going to own up to it. Nope that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

In a just world "Just leave" would be a perfectly reasonable scenario. Unfortunately frivolous lawsuits that succeed are a thing.

It's not a bad idea.

Look up the term polish hostage.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it was a tragedy.  No social worker is going to that call alone or even initially.  No crisis team is walking up to that door on the initial call.  

Taser?  Maybe.  Bean bag rounds or 37/40mm impact rounds, maybe.  Reasoning with her, maybe but most likely not going to work.

My Grandmother had dementia and Alzheimer's.  She liven with my mom and dad on property that we both had houses on.  She had great insurance and my mom quit her job to take care of her as she refused to put her in a home.  She had home healthcare nurses assisting in therapy and care.  But no mistake, it was a quality of life issue, not a quantity of life issue and my mom knew this.

Nights were the worst.  Between sundowner syndrome and Grandma having no sense of time, her erratic schedule became my mothers.  My Grandma would take a nap and to her it was the next day.  She would have conversations with people who died decades ago.  She would also quickly become angry and lash out at people.   When trying to talk her down you could see the look of confusion on her face.   My wife and I had been married for about 2 years and my wife was one of the first people she forgot who they were and she quickly was a stranger to her.  But she would slap at things she did not like and grab hands or arms if she did not like someone adjusting her or helping address her hygiene.  She would go from nice to nasty in a few seconds.  

She fell one night when my mother had left her room to use the bathroom.  She broke two of her ribs and hurt her hip.  It ended up being what killed her.  She became bed ridden after that and the nurses tried to do physical therapy with her for her injuries, but she would not cooperate and was hurting for an injury she forgot she had.  Her appetite dropped off and she would eat very little  She continued to try to get out of bed and it was a serious risk for her to do that unsupervised as another fall could cause worse injury or be fatal.  To help keep her in the bed, my mom bought three black carpet runners at the suggestion of one of the nurses who had been a hospice nurse.  She put them on each side of the bed and at the foot of the bed.  My grandmother would not get out of the bed because she perceived the bed as being over a hole and she would be falling down the hole.  How do you communicate with someone in that state?  My grandmother died of pneumonia, largely due to the cracked ribs making her breathing rather shallow due to the pain of taking deep breaths and her inability to move off the bed.  I was there, with my mother and my wife as she was gasping for breath after she was put on her first morphine patch and the nurse said that the end was near.  I watched her pass away with a look of utter confusion that still bothers me today.   I also know that sometimes my grandmother was physically in the room, but was mentally somewhere else.  She was in her 20's talking to her brother that had died before my mother was even out of grade school.  

This wasn't a good shoot.  I don't know if it was a necessary shoot.  What I will say is that we can talk about a 75 year old woman who was holding two knives is what we are going to see.  Who knows what or where Nana thought she was or where she was at and what she was doing at the time.  There really is nothing that cop, a nurse or care giver may have been able to do at that moment in time.  She was at the mercy of a fatal disease that no one, not her, not the cop, not a medical professional can control or predict with any certainty.                

View Quote

Thank you for opening up an honest discussion on the subject. I agree with most of what you've said in the above comment. There probably wasn't anything anyone could have done in that moment. But a moment is just that, a moment. If the officer wasn't aggressive, the situation may have changed. He escalated immediately. It would have been a different scenario if the perp was a 20-50 year old male, but it wasn't. Officers as a whole need to change their way of thinking. Standard procedure does not apply in all situations.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The kind of person I am?  Been my sigline since I have had my paid membership and predates you being her by at least a decade.

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

[Chorus]
I

[Bridge]

[Outro]
I (Can you feel it?)
I (Watch her roll)

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That makes a bit more sense when viewed as a whole, but the lines you picked out of it doesn't bode well with me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

[Chorus]
I

[Bridge]

[Outro]
I (Can you feel it?)
I (Watch her roll)

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

BTW, I've been here since '03. When I decided to pay for a membership is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Once you realize that 90% of people who become cops are low IQ yes men, high school bullies, steroid users and nerds who never got invited to a party you can see why they have so many issues. There are good ones but the bad ones far outnumber them. However fuck knife wielding psychos, once you’re rabid you need to be put down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Not going to Monday quarterback this one. But one question could have avoided this whole ordeal. Asking the family is everyone out? If yes.. Back out and slow things down and surround the house and come up with a game plan to talk her out and disarm or talk her down.

Barking orders and rushing an MI is setting yourself up to fail.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You’ve never done the job yet somehow are an expert on the job. What else are you an expert on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops called and someone gets shot.....

Go figure.

Had one here a few years back.

Cop coulda just walked off the porch instead he shot some old lady off her meds on her front porch .
She only had one kitchen knife.

Happens a lot more then we know.

Must feel great to tell family & friends & most special to tell your kids ya got to shoot a old lady cause ya couldn't beat her ass is a knife fight.

You’ve never done the job yet somehow are an expert on the job. What else are you an expert on?

Probably not killing an elderly person that needed help.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

If not violent and no crime has occurred other than this. Sure. Explain what would happen if This officer had left, and adult children, grandchild(supposedly still in house), or some other 3rd party had been stabbed/sliced/attacked?

We have shoehorned LE into this.

Edit: fix link to gif
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/BlazingSaddles

If not violent and no crime has occurred other than this. Sure. Explain what would happen if This officer had left, and adult children, grandchild(supposedly still in house), or some other 3rd party had been stabbed/sliced/attacked?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/BlazingSaddles

I don't think anyone is arguing that the officer should have left. The argument is that there was not sufficient cause for him to immediately use deadly force. He should go to prison.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seems like a lot of effort to explain why there was NO OTHER option other then to shoot an old lady.

If pepper spray is so dangerous why have it.

If tasers seem to never work, or at least thats what they always say then there's another piece of useless gear.

I'm sorry but this is a bad shoot. There were multiple avenues that didn't involve shooting a grandma with no clue who or where she is.
View Quote

You don’t use less lethal against a lethal threat when there’s no one else there to provide lethal cover. The reason is because cops have tried that and when the less lethal doesn’t work they get killed or severely injured.

You should probably stick to stuff you know about.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You don’t use less lethal against a lethal threat when there’s no one else there to provide lethal cover. The reason is because cops have tried that and when the less lethal doesn’t work they get killed or severely injured.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a lot of effort to explain why there was NO OTHER option other then to shoot an old lady.

If pepper spray is so dangerous why have it.

If tasers seem to never work, or at least thats what they always say then there's another piece of useless gear.

I'm sorry but this is a bad shoot. There were multiple avenues that didn't involve shooting a grandma with no clue who or where she is.

If it were a 20 year old male, I would agree with you. For a 75 year old woman, not at all. I sincerely hope you are not employed in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Everyone that is bashing the cop in this thread is a fucking moron.  

I've dealt with knife wielders.  she had two knives, with at least 10 inch blades, and she was wacko.  If the officer approached, he would be cut.  There is a good chance that he is going to be maimed, possibly killed, those are big ass knives.  

I've got a 75 year old mother in law that weighs less than 100 lbs soaking wet.  She is in the mid to later stages of dementia, and can get violent.   When she gets violent, and the adrenaline is flowing, she is a handful in and of herself... I would not want to deal with her if she has two knives.  

A deadly threat is a deadly threat, no matter if the optics look good to the uninitiated or not, so shut the fuck up unless you know what you are talking about.  I swear, fucking site gets bought and a whole new crop of assclowns get brought in.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We tried several iterations in the 90s. They didn't work on cooperative officers at the range.

To the idiot who's "pretty sure" he could disarm the woman: ever tried it, dumbass?

Because I have. It was a dumbass thing to do. And the woman I tried it on wasn't threatening anyone but herself.

It ain't like your dojo theatrics.
View Quote

LIVING COLOUR - Jim Carey-Karate Instructor

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've dealt with knife wielders.  she had two knives, with at least 10 inch blades, and she was wacko.  If the officer approached, he would be cut.  There is a good chance that he is going to be maimed, possibly killed, those are big ass knives.  

I've got a 75 year old mother in law that weighs less than 100 lbs soaking wet.  She is in the mid to later stages of dementia, and can get violent.   When she gets violent, and the adrenaline is flowing, she is a handful in and of herself... I would not want to deal with her if she has two knives.  

A deadly threat is a deadly threat, no matter if the optics look good to the uninitiated or not, so shut the fuck up unless you know what you are talking about.  I swear, fucking site gets bought and a whole new crop of assclowns get brought in.  
View Quote

Would you shoot her twice from 10-15 feet away?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol...you gonna get this locked with your derp.

Don't be a moron.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If it were a 20 year old male, I would agree with you. For a 75 year old woman, not at all. I sincerely hope you are not employed in law enforcement.
View Quote

You are upset some old woman got shot. You’re not looking at the whole situation that two grown women who each out weighed her and the husband were scared to the point they climbed out a window, called and specifically asked for cops and left the baby in the other room. Cop sees a woman armed with two knives, doesn’t know hold old she is just that she’s tried to kill some people and isn’t following commands. 75, 100, 20, man, woman, black, white, policy is policy and everyone gets the same coverage. If grandma wants to live she can put the knife down. I haven’t met a crazy person yet that doesn’t know what a gun is. This was just a sweet old man with PTSD.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol you’re asking the wrong guy that question.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was he able to walk backwards?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell ya what. Next 75 year old wielding a knife, you disarm them. Tell how us that goes.

I know better. Obviously you don't.

Even an errant wild swing can hit jugular, carotid, or femoral arteries. Tell me exactly which one of these is protected by "armor". Which by the way is in no way shape or form protection from edged weapons. That's totally discounting the fact that she might STAB.

In this thread Dunning-Kruegger affect is on full display.

Was he able to walk backwards?

Using the people who originally called 911 as human shields against the knife lady?  Yes, that would be a way more interesting thread.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Little shaken babies and drunkards seem to all agree, once the show gets started its bound to be a sight to see"

This is your signature line. It tells me all I need to know about what kind of person you are.
View Quote

You are quite a fountain of such wisdom.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People fight like they train.

Few people know this and even fewer have been there.

But everyone has an opinion.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
If one of my family members was at risk, yes.  I'm willing to take my own chances, but I'm not rolling the dice with their lives.

Nor do I expect a police officer to roll the dice with his.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That makes a bit more sense when viewed as a whole, but the lines you picked out of it doesn't bode well with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

[Chorus]
I

[Bridge]

[Outro]
I (Can you feel it?)
I (Watch her roll)

Click To View Spoiler

Who the F are you to tell others what should be in their Sig lines? You’ve been here like a week.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol you're asking the wrong guy that question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was four feet away, and the prosecutor said it was ok.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

BTW, I've been here since '03. When I decided to pay for a membership is irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

[Chorus]
I

[Bridge]

[Outro]
I (Can you feel it?)
I (Watch her roll)

Click To View Spoiler

Attachment Attached File

Love all the new guys that insist that they’ve been here “for years”.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You are upset some old woman got shot. You’re not looking at the whole situation that two grown women who each out weighed her and the husband were scared to the point they climbed out a window, called and specifically asked for cops and left the baby in the other room. Cop sees a woman armed with two knives, doesn’t know hold old she is just that she’s tried to kill some people and isn’t following commands. 75, 100, 20, man, woman, black, white, policy is policy and everyone gets the same coverage. If grandma wants to live she can put the knife down. I haven’t met a crazy person yet that doesn’t know what a gun is. This was just a sweet old man with PTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mssNOhv1UMc
View Quote

That makes me sick to my stomach every time it shows up.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I’ve been fighting for additional budget money for Local law enforcement agencies for nearly 20 years. Not in general terms, like shaking my fist at City Council meetings or at County elected officials, but by proposing the elimination of budget crippling and corrupt policies in the form of bureaucrats’ perks, pension spiking and pension enhancements, and then shifting those dollars to law enforcement to be earmarked for training and equipment. It’s millions of dollars annually. I’m actually making a presentation at a local Republican Party meeting this Saturday.

The current 500 page Budget I’m working on...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/7ECACE57-338A-4F43-A4D6-271DA17C6D4A_jpe-2381107.JPG

The overwhelming majority of PDs and SDs only require a GED and there are Academies that are as short as 13 - 19 weeks.

Citation

And while we have relatively intelligent LEOs represented in this forum, there are far too many LEOs that aren’t and need significantly more training. More extensive training would also help expose the officers/deputies that should be in another line of work.
View Quote

When I initially began reading your post, I wasn't very happy with where I thought you were headed. After reading it through to the end, I want to say Thank You. We need more elected officials that have your mindset. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How many knife fights have you won?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops called and someone gets shot.....

Go figure.

Had one here a few years back.

Cop coulda just walked off the porch instead he shot some old lady off her meds on her front porch .
She only had one kitchen knife.

Happens a lot more then we know.

Must feel great to tell family & friends & most special to tell your kids ya got to shoot a old lady cause ya couldn't beat her ass is a knife fight.
How many knife fights have you won?

I was always told the winner of a knife fight is the one that leaves in an ambulance instead of a bag.    She got what could be expected in that situation.    If you're going to wave knives at a cop expect to get shot at some point.  I wouldn't expect anyone to go hands on w/ someone like that.  Sucks for the family but if they didn't want her shot they should have dealt with it instead of calling the police.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You are upset some old woman got shot. You're not looking at the whole situation that two grown women who each out weighed her and the husband were scared to the point they climbed out a window, called and specifically asked for cops and left the baby in the other room. Cop sees a woman armed with two knives, doesn't know hold old she is just that she's tried to kill some people and isn't following commands. 75, 100, 20, man, woman, black, white, policy is policy and everyone gets the same coverage. If grandma wants to live she can put the knife down. I haven't met a crazy person yet that doesn't know what a gun is. This was just a sweet old man with PTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mssNOhv1UMc
View Quote
To this day, that video still sends a chill down my spine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nonsense.  You have kitchen chairs and certainly the skills to dodge blades.  60 and 70 year olds with kitchen blades are a minor inconvenience at worst. We already know that a little knife fighting is something we all grew up doing in our teens.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Who the F are you to tell others what should be in their Sig lines? You’ve been here like a week.
View Quote

Who the F are you to ask me who the F I am?

Do you support blatant protected murder of the elderly? Would your opinion be the same if it was your grandmother?

If so, I hear the Russian army is looking for conscripts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Even if you drew your Hanzo sword at meemaw, she'd get cut and die if she charged anyways. Tazer with another deputy behind you with beams would be the only other viable option.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Do you support blatant protected murder of the elderly? Would your opinion be the same if it was your grandmother?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do NOT support the like of you telling long time members in good standing that you dont like their Sig lines. You need to go do the snowflake thing at DU.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was always told the winner of a knife fight is the one that leaves in an ambulance instead of a bag.    She got what could be expected in that situation.    If you're going to wave knives at a cop expect to get shot at some point.  I wouldn't expect anyone to go hands on w/ someone like that.  Sucks for the family but if they didn't want her shot they should have dealt with it instead of calling the police.
View Quote

So the family, with no professional training, should have dealt with it instead of calling someone with professional training, and that would have prevented her from being shot? Read your own statement back to yourself, and pretend it was your mother or grandmother.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well he should have. You did the right thing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Answer the question, Claire. Don't avoid it. If it was your grandmother, would you still support it?

I do NOT support the like of you telling long time members in good standing that you dont like their Sig lines. You need to go do the snowflake thing at DU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answer the question, Claire. Don't avoid it. If it was your grandmother, would you still support it?

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mis quoted me.  WTF are you trying to pull?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol....you might feel safer in Teams.  

Jeez...the ego's in this place are incredible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

See above. Answer the question.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

is this Scot Peterson's account?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Citizens have a legal obligation to retreat in many states. Why should an officer be above the law? Still a bad shoot.

is this Scot Peterson's account?  

3rd degree

Jay
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't call for a man with a gun unless you are comfortable with him using it.
You have to ask, how many times do you want to face a crazy person with a knife knowing that at some point you will probably get stabbed?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#46]
@burkeva

Just let it go, its not worth losing your account to a troll.  Hopefully staff can look into the background of this 'newcomer' to find out which retread he is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a guy claiming to be here so once 2003 you dont seem to understand how to quote posts / copy posts/ respond to posts.

And when my Grandmother had it, we baby proofed the house. Kept dangerous things like knives and chemicals and prescription drugs away from wher she would have easy access to them.  Your move scooter.

Edit: Having someone in the house with Dementia is like have a crazy strong toddler.  You need to take appropriate risk mitigation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do it then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure I could relieve most 75 yo females of kitchen knives with a baton, or taser, or mace, or a combination, and I am untrained and inexperienced.

Do it then.

I'm sure his local department is just like every other department across the U.S. and is hurting for people.

I'm sure they'd be damned glad to have someone with his capabilities.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I highly doubt anyone in this forum would support the officer if it was their own grandmother or mother. The only support for this shooting has been from current officers. I don't understand how nobody sees this as an issue.

BUT.....THEY WERE FOLLOWING ORDERS
BUT.....THAT IS HOW THEY ARE TRAINED

The same thing could be said about Nazi Germany
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#50]
And you still can't, or won't answer the question. What if it was your mother or grandmother. Nut up or shut up.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top