Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Why does his being a veteran have anything to do with the Story?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Note, the cops DID come for the guns when ordered to.
View Quote
Ha! Did some judge actually order the cops to go seize the guns?  Or did the cops concoct the plan of action on their own?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have zero sympathy for anyone who chooses to live in New Jersey.

You are free to live anywhere and choose to live in the worst shithole in the country.

But muh job. Muh wifes family.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would fully expect if LE had been told the minor son of a gun owner had been reported to be a potential future active shooter to secure the firearms first in some manner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how the author has left out everything as to what was reported to the state police.

I bet it went something along the lines of, "OMG!!!! A kid, who has access to guns is talking about shooting up the school!!"

So the cops went to investigate. The very thing we would expect them to do.

I know if we get such a report it is acted on very quickly.
I didn't expect them to try to take his guns... If they really think there is a threat, do something about the kid they think made the threat. Don't try to take someones guns.
I would fully expect if LE had been told the minor son of a gun owner had been reported to be a potential future active shooter to secure the firearms first in some manner.
By what law?  (You can answer by your state as opposed to NJ)

Second, if all that is required for cops to collect the guns is have an unsubstantiated report of a future active shooter....well then, why not report any/all gun owners who have kids, because hey you never know!
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those guys aren't wearing jackboots.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But NJ cops are fine upstanding supporters of the second amendment and are not fascists in any way--or so the NJ cop in ARFCOM has assured us.
Are you sure about that?
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/pressofatlanticcity.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/0f/60ffa0fa-00e5-11e5-b510-d7c5acef7235/555fce6a6bed4.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C803
Those guys aren't wearing jackboots.

Only used for special occasions.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
New Jersey is a bad place to live
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  Might be the author wasn't given or had access to that info.  Hard to tell.  There's probably some effort given to conceal the identity of the reporting kid at school to keep the info pipeline open.

I don't know.  Sometimes here on GD you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  If the police didn't respond, and a mass shooting occurred, I'm sure we'd hear a scenario like the Parkland shooting and the fine response...or lack thereof...of the FBI and SO.  These Jersey cops did respond and apparently assessed that no one needed to be arrested, and they didn't seize the guns regardless of how that played out.
View Quote
Everyone realizes that people, generally, and perhaps kids, especially, enjoy being involved in excitement, right? This is the same thing that causes people to call 911 and report inflated and fictional stuff.

Everyone wants to take reports seriously, but there's a danger there. If you roll the full code three for everything, you run the risk of inducing more calls, because the descending on the call with lots of colorful Christmas cars and battle rattle enlivens the day and alleviates the mundanity. It's fun to be excited.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top