Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope a lot of them commit suicide.
View Quote

That would possibly save of some precious metals lol!
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
This made my Friday fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
In 2016, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to hold a hearing on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee, saying it was an election year and that the American people "deserved a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice."
View Quote

Is this the last year of Trumps SECOND (read: final) term??
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is this the last year of Trumps SECOND (read: final) term??
View Quote

Besides which, there is no rule.  Not even a real tradition. Just justification. Politics ain’t beanbag, and if a hostile Senate wants to tell a President he gets to shove his nomination where the sun don’t shine, that’s their right.  If they then want to appoint a Justice from a friendly President at the end of his first (or second) term...here’s the thing, they can.  It’s kinda how politics works.  If the Democrats are happy to discuss changing the size of the Supreme Court, something stable since 1869, or eliminating the filibuster entirely, or adding new states to give themselves majorities in the senate, all of which is being discussed seriously by no less than Biden and Harris, they have no business expecting a move that was simply political expedience to have precedent.  Especially after they invented “Borking” to ensure a hold on the Supreme Court, and now scream about how they’ll make sure to break democracy if they don’t get their way.

If anyone doesn’t see a very nasty storm gathering on the horizon around November 3rd, one that just got a hell of a lot stronger regardless of what Trump does or doesn’t do in the next few weeks, they aren’t paying attention.  Pretending that giving the Dems what they want will change any of the insanity is ignoring the past four years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Chuck Grassley have all said they're "No" on confirming/voting on anyone before the inauguration.

Does anyone here think that Mitt Romney is going to be a "Yes"? That piece of crap takes every opportunity he can to twist a knife in Trump's back, and if he can do it while pretending to be a "moderate" or something, all the better.

This is NOT a done deal, guys. It *should be*, but it isn't.

We are going to have to bring pressure like it's never been brought on those four fuckers. This is a once-in-a generation opportunity to secure our 2A rights for the forseeable future. We can't squander it, but I guarantee you that those four fucktards will try.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish liberals were more into suicide.
View Quote

Quoted:

Theres no rules in a knife fight, fuck em.

And even if it there was the Biden Rule applies to LAME DUCK Presidents at the end of their 2nd term.
View Quote

Amen
Amen my midwestern brother
Just who is that gal??
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
She's still fukn us from the grave and gets the last laugh. I'll guarantee her mail it ballot for slojoe/Chlamydia will still be counted.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So she is absolutely definitely gone this time right?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We know what happened when Obama tried to appoint a Supreme Court justice six months before the elections. Guess we’re not having that conversation now.

Within ONE HOUR of Scalia’s death, McConnell categorically refused to consider an Obama replacement nominee: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
View Quote

You're only telling half of the story. McConnell stated that the reason why it was held up during an election years was because of the "standard" set pushed and held to by none other than Vice President Joseph Biden.

No new SC Justices in an election year when the opposition party controls the Senate.

This was widely discussed on EVERY news channel during the last two confirmations. The precedent was set years ago.

Why has everyone seemed to have forgotten it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She's still fukn us from the grave and gets the last laugh. I'll guarantee her mail it ballot for slojoe/Chlamydia will still be counted.
View Quote

That actually raises an interesting question. If you vote absentee (in person or by mail) and then die before election day, does your vote count? Should it count?

DinosaurScratchingChin.jpg
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

<--------- Well this is going to get interesting when PDJT tries to appoint a successor......
View Quote
Why?

The right controlled the Senate when that happened.  

There's not actually a rule that prevents trump from appointing a judge and such.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This people are living in an alternate reality.

I don't think any of their "fears" regarding trump have actually ever happened.

So unhinged.  
View Quote
They don't have any fears.

They only have anger that Hillary lost to trump and they've been unable to process that the nation said "fuck you."

They saw their perfect plan turn to dust before their eyes, just when they thought they had put the final nail in the coffin of the right and the constitution.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
In 2016, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to hold a hearing on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee, saying it was an election year and that the American people "deserved a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice."
View Quote

Not exactly.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're only telling half of the story. McConnell stated that the reason why it was held up during an election years was because of the "standard" set pushed and held to by none other than Vice President Joseph Biden.

No new SC Justices in an election year when the opposition party controls the Senate.

This was widely discussed on EVERY news channel during the last two confirmations. The precedent was set years ago.

View Quote

The Leftists haven’t forgotten it, they don’t care about it. It’s an inconvenience to their agenda so instead they gaslight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree with you.

Wait.  Beat Biden in November, then claim the mandate and appoint a strict constitutionalist.

John
View Quote

What a loser mentality.

The Republicans have controlled the senate since 2014 and the have it now for 4.5 more months. That's mor than enough time to put a constitutionalist on before inauguration.

Stop being so weak minded about politics.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
View Quote

However, that was the end of Obama's SECOND term.  This is the end of Trump's FIRST term.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
View Quote
Oh yeah, remember this.  Elections have consequences, the Republicans had the Senate then, and they have it now.  They could block it then, and let if go now.
See how that works?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's hilarious.
View Quote

Visiting their site will give you a yeast infection, 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So she is absolutely definitely gone this time right?
View Quote

She died late last year.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#23]
nm

message too short
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree with you.

Wait.  Beat Biden in November, then claim the mandate and appoint a strict constitutionalist.

John
View Quote

No way I'd bet on the democrats not cheating their way to a 2021 Harris administration.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because "We be Senate/POTUS now", that's why.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

<--------- Well this is going to get interesting when PDJT tries to appoint a successor......
View Quote

The Senate was NEVER going to confirm a Scotus nominee from that administration, so simply punted the pomp and circumstance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If only a Precedent had been set for nominating judges the last end of a Presidents Term?..Hmm?
View Quote

A lame duck president with an opposing party's senate.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
View Quote

We didn't have a pussy hat brigade, and a Stanford Law professor marxist in supply, with tampons to throw then.

Baby steps, we're gaming up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We know what happened when Obama tried to appoint a Supreme Court justice six months before the elections. Guess we’re not having that conversation now.

Within ONE HOUR of Scalia’s death, McConnell categorically refused to consider an Obama replacement nominee: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
View Quote

Obanga was a lame duck president. He had no chance of reelection, and didn't have the senate...who's job is confirming justices. I don't think anybody wanted a dog and pony show, because he wasn't going to get by the senate anyway.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
View Quote

Was this before or after the left decided to use political witch hunts as probable cause to impeach a president?

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So what?
Leftists don't follow precedent when it suits them not to. Leftists don't give a shit about anything but winning.
How about we play by THOSE rules?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

that's because Obama was in his last term and wasn't up for re-election.

This is different because Trump is up for re-election.

Why is this hard for people to understand?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree with you.

John
View Quote

Nope. That might seem "fair" to you in the moment, but we aren't dealing with people that play fair to begin with. Time to follow their rules.

Remember the quote "elections have consequences"?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Doesn't matter, I seriously doubt that they will even try to get a nomination through.  They should, but I seriously doubt they will even try.
Trump might troll the Left with this, but I will be very surprised if they try.  Still, a good tactic to put the Left on the defense and let them go nuts over the possibility.  Can you imagine Biden  trying to fight back against Trump making a nomination?  He will be hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quick read through was needing glasses.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ignore this guy. He is a troll who thinks history only goes back 10 years
View Quote

Done.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It looks like you may be confused about the rules so let me explain them to you.

The President nominates a Justice and the Senate confirms.

When both the President and and the Senate majority are all the same party then it is a done deal.

When one party controls one branch and another party controls the other branch then they play political games.

In 2016 that asshole Obama was a Democrat but the Senate was controlled by the Republicans so therefore their was political posturing and gamesmanship.

Now both the Presidency and the Senate are the same party so there will be no holdup.

The Democrats are fucked unless they get some help from the RINOs.
View Quote

That fucking Romney
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A little excited are we. 3 posts in 4 minutes.....
View Quote

Soros pays by the minute.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
just how long did they think she was going to live??

the woman's been @ death's door for years..
View Quote

I'm telling you, she died a while ago. her death now is only for political posturing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Meltdown? That wretched hive of Low T and Boomers melts down over everything. Go look at Reddit, or Resetera.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I will never forget the left cheering when any non-lefty dies.

I'm better than they are so I wont cheer for RBG death. Just know that the left will amp up the violence.
View Quote

The beauty is that they only burn their own cities. I don't give a fuck if our third world shitholes compost themselves. They can't invade us, because we are armed and ready, and they don't have the numbers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
One woman on FB actually said "My uterus is crying"

LOL... wut?
View Quote

It's called MENSTRUATION unless it's a dude.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Agreed. I'm not a fan of rules for thee but not for me. It's gross, lacks integrity, and spineless. If the standard or precedent has been established it should be followed. Don't care about anyone's feelings or if it's convenient for their desires. Make your bed and lay in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only a Precedent had been set for nominating judges the last end of a Presidents Term?..Hmm?

Agreed. I'm not a fan of rules for thee but not for me. It's gross, lacks integrity, and spineless. If the standard or precedent has been established it should be followed. Don't care about anyone's feelings or if it's convenient for their desires. Make your bed and lay in it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Chuck Grassley have all said they're "No" on confirming/voting on anyone before the inauguration.

Does anyone here think that Mitt Romney is going to be a "Yes"? That piece of crap takes every opportunity he can to twist a knife in Trump's back, and if he can do it while pretending to be a "moderate" or something, all the better.

This is NOT a done deal, guys. It *should be*, but it isn't.

We are going to have to bring pressure like it's never been brought on those four fuckers. This is a once-in-a generation opportunity to secure our 2A rights for the forseeable future. We can't squander it, but I guarantee you that those four fucktards will try.
View Quote

Where is Collins? AND will RedCoat Romney abstain, or vote "no?"

I hate him more that I thought hate existed towards any politician. I Feel betrayed. I voted for that POS fuckwit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope Mitch strips those fucks of every committee seat and all positions.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That actually raises an interesting question. If you vote absentee (in person or by mail) and then die before election day, does your vote count? Should it count?

DinosaurScratchingChin.jpg
View Quote

Happened with my grandpa in 2016. He had two residences and voted via mail from his main address. He passed away after sending the ballot in and about a week or so before the election. I honestly dont know what happened with it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Meltdown? That wretched hive of Low T and Boomers melts down over everything. Go look at Reddit, or Resetera.
View Quote

I don't bother with those places. Not my people.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top