User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW, are they really an R if they want to remove one of their own and replace him with a D?

Since the GOP is the party that loves losing, yes.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/01/ohio-rep-max-miller-calls-for-embattled-new-york-rep-george-santos-to-resign

Rep. Max Miller, a Republican from Rocky River, is joining a group of New York congressional representatives in calling for Rep. George Santos to resign from Congress.

“I believe voters have the right to hold government officials to the very highest standard of honesty and trustworthiness,” Miller said in a statement Thursday evening. “The people’s representatives must respect the need for transparency and candor with Americans. It is not okay to fabricate or lie for political gain.”

Miller’s statement also refers to claims, apparently false, from Santos that he is of Jewish heritage and descended from Holocaust survivors. Santos since has backtracked, telling the New York Post he is “Jew-ish.” Miller, meanwhile, is a member of one of Cleveland’s most prominent Jewish families.

“This is especially true when the lie seeks benefit from the murder of millions of Jewish people. I do not believe George Santos can effectively serve and should resign,” Miller said.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/11/ny-gop-rep-nick-lalota-calls-for-george-santos-to-resign

Freshman Rep. Nick LaLota (R-NY) joined other New York Republicans on Wednesday in demanding Rep. George Santos (R-NY) resign, calling him “unworthy of the office.”

“What he’s done is disgraceful, dishonorable and unworthy of the office. I think he should resign,” LaLota told Axios on Wednesday.

The Long Island congressman added that Santos’ antics since arriving in DC under a cloud of controversy stemming from his lies about his religion, education, and employment history underline the need for him to step down.

“He hasn’t shown any remorse, he hasn’t corrected any of the behavior. He still has antics like showing a white power sign on the House floor. It’s not appropriate for our conference, for our country,” LaLota said.

Sad but true.  I just laugh when the Neo-Cons talk about honor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this only going to be for national politicians or can we bring it to the state level also?

https://michiganrisingaction.org/2020/01/28/fact-check-gov-gretchen-whitmers-broken-promises/

THE FACTS

Broken Promise: As a gubernatorial candidate and governor, Whitmer has repeatedly promised she would “Fix the damn roads.”

Outcome: As governor, Whitmer vetoed $375 million in spending that was appropriated for roads and bridges.

What Happened: During her campaign, Gretchen Whitmer often touted her call to ‘fix the damn roads’ and simultaneously called the idea of raising taxes to do it, “ridiculous.” Fast forward to Whitmer’s first budget cycle as governor where she proposed a 45-cent gas tax increase that was opposed by both parties in the legislature. After the legislature appropriated $375 million for roads, Whitmer vetoed it along with other critical services – and diverted additional road funds to transit in hopes to negotiate for her failed tax increase. 

https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/news/whitmer-didnt-raise-gas-taxes-but-not-for-lack-of-trying

Whitmer didn’t raise gas taxes, but not for lack of trying
She dismissed the idea she would raise taxes by 20 cents per gallon, then pushed for 45 cents

FACT CHECK: While it’s true Gov. Whitmer stated she wanted to “Fix the Damn Roads,” she scoffed at the notion she was proposing a gas tax increase during the 2018 election. Whitmer stated: “That’s ridiculous and you know it” when her opponent said she would be proposing a 20-cent gas tax increase to fund her promises. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Every American and politician should want that dude removed.

The fact that every Republican isn’t on board with it is the problem with politics and it absolutely goes both ways.
View Quote

I agree but why would the repubs get on board when we know the dems would not and have not called for their own members to be removed when it was found out they were liars.

As I recall the closest the dems got to calling for someone to be removed was when the dems of VA wanted the former Dem governor to step down after his black face issue. They said he was DOA and no one would work with him. He did not step down and the dems worked with him.

It has to be a two way street and despite Santos's lies he was elected by the people of that district and only they should be able to take him down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
U.S. Representative George Santos, who lied about much of his resume and life story, will be removed from Congress if found to have broken campaign finance laws, fellow Republican and House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer said on Sunday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/santos-be-removed-us-congress-if-he-broke-campaign-finance-laws-comer-2023-01-15/?utm_source=reddit.com
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
He should be thrown out
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Elizabeth Warren first.
View Quote

Adam Schiff next
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Elizabeth Warren first.
View Quote

Is this her?

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is this only going to be for national politicians or can we bring it to the state level also?

https://michiganrisingaction.org/2020/01/28/fact-check-gov-gretchen-whitmers-broken-promises/

THE FACTS

Broken Promise: As a gubernatorial candidate and governor, Whitmer has repeatedly promised she would “Fix the damn roads.”

Outcome: As governor, Whitmer vetoed $375 million in spending that was appropriated for roads and bridges.

What Happened: During her campaign, Gretchen Whitmer often touted her call to ‘fix the damn roads’ and simultaneously called the idea of raising taxes to do it, “ridiculous.” Fast forward to Whitmer’s first budget cycle as governor where she proposed a 45-cent gas tax increase that was opposed by both parties in the legislature. After the legislature appropriated $375 million for roads, Whitmer vetoed it along with other critical services – and diverted additional road funds to transit in hopes to negotiate for her failed tax increase. 

https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/news/whitmer-didnt-raise-gas-taxes-but-not-for-lack-of-trying

Whitmer didn’t raise gas taxes, but not for lack of trying
She dismissed the idea she would raise taxes by 20 cents per gallon, then pushed for 45 cents

FACT CHECK: While it’s true Gov. Whitmer stated she wanted to “Fix the Damn Roads,” she scoffed at the notion she was proposing a gas tax increase during the 2018 election. Whitmer stated: “That’s ridiculous and you know it” when her opponent said she would be proposing a 20-cent gas tax increase to fund her promises. 
View Quote

Democrat history…

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn’t seem to matter when it came to Barry Soweto or whatever Obama’s real name is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
He needs to stay the Shit Show will be great.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I really hate the "whataboutism" that supposedly good people use in order to deflect a problem and also use as an excuse in order to not hold people accountable.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Didn’t seem to matter when it came to Barry Soweto or whatever Obama’s real name is.
View Quote

Barry Davis
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]
There are three ways to get rid of him, and only one is very likely; a recall election in his own state, impeachment by Congress or to simply wait and elect somebody else next time, the most likely outcome.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really hate the "whataboutism" that supposedly good people use in order to deflect a problem and also use as an excuse in order to not hold people accountable.

View Quote

Really? I hate the idiots that pretend there are some moral standards left in politics and would use that against their own party when the very top of the Democratic Party is filled with people with far more significant lies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The fact that every Republican isn’t on board with it is the problem with politics and it absolutely goes both ways.
View Quote

Who does he get replaced with? A far left democrat, I know same same, correct?

Are his lies any worse than their lies?

Better question how does he vote?

Does any of it really matter if he votes the right way?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well he is a liar and I tend to not trust liars so throw him out. I can't stand a liar or thief. They will probably start an investigation that will last until the next election.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad the same doesn't apply to Dems
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well he is a liar and I tend to not trust liars so throw him out. I can't stand a liar or thief. They will probably start an investigation that will last until the next election.
View Quote

Name one politician who hasn’t lied or broken a promise.  

I’ll wait.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#20]
He didn't marry his brother. He should be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Elizabeth Warren first.
View Quote
Yep, leadership should tell the demorats to start with her first.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#22]
The fact that democrats even bring this up is appalling. Talk about hypocrisy. Its like they have selective memory.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Personally I believe that anyone who lies to get elected should be fed to a wood chipper. I’m fine with him being kicked out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Personally I believe that anyone who lies to get elected should be fed to a wood chipper. I’m fine with him being kicked out.
View Quote

Why him first? Start with the oldest lies of the longest ruling electees and work your way to him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#25]
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/15/gop-rep-bacon-on-santos-if-it-was-me-i-would-resign

Representative Don Bacon (R-NE) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” he would resign if he had been caught telling lies like Rep. George Santos (R-NY).

Anchor Jonathan Karl said, “I have to ask about George Santos. His lies are so numerous that they’re easy to lose track of. I want to tick through just a couple. He claimed that he was Jewish and the grandson of Holocaust survivors. He claimed to have attended Horace Mann Prep School in the Bronx. He did not. He said he graduated from Baruch College in the top 1% of his class, and he was the star volleyball player on the team, volleyball scholarship. He never attended the school. He claimed he worked for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup and didn’t. He said his company lost four employees at the Pulse nightclub shooting. He did not. He claimed his mother’s death was somehow tied to 9/11. This also appears to be false. There are many more. I could go forward. Should he resign? I mean, should he be in Congress?”

Bacon said, “If it was me, I would resign. I wouldn’t be able to face my voters after having gone through that. But this is between him and his constituents, largely. They elected him in, and they have to deal with him on that. But I don’t think his re-election chances will be that promising depending on how he handles this.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very well said. Shit people are shit people no matter what letter they put next to their name and so are the people who make excuses for them and support them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Great, now GD will turn into hardcore Santos supporters.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FJB second.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elizabeth Warren first.

FJB second.
Shifty third.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why him first? Start with the oldest lies of the longest ruling electees and work your way to him.
View Quote

I don't care who you start with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really hate the "double standards" that supposedly good people use in order to deflect a problem and also use as an excuse in order hold only certain people accountable.

Dump every lying sack of shit or it's just political games and right now only one side is winning that game.  The rules are well established now whether people want to see them or not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Bacon sucks. His district is purple. He goes along with everything like this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then dont ever go along with the democrats. This would start and stop with this asshole. The democrats dont give a shit about honesty and integrity. They care about power and the money that comes with it. This poutrage will last long enough to swap him with a democrat then it will go away just like "believe all women" did when it came out that Joe molested women.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Crying whiny little Karen beosches.

Cycling through their outrage routine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The whip (Scalise right?) should sit him down and let him know if he votes the way he tells him to and fails to file for reelection he can keep drawing a paycheck. File for re-election and the vote to expel comes up that afternoon.
View Quote

So much for a constitutional representative republic...

Maybe if there's a problem his constituents should do something about it not DC... y'know, the people he's there to represent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The GOP caucus has an interest in keeping the seat, that's why he should be "discouraged" from running again.
View Quote

Isn't that what the primary process is for?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#36]
George used the democRAT playbook and got himself elected and now the democRATs are jealous of upset by his success.

kwg
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top