Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m just hoping we see this in an upcoming episode….

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
I'm just hoping we see this in an upcoming episode .

https://i.redd.it/jjequpndoxta1.jpg
View Quote
He'd have to be in his 80s by this point.

Rebels took place 5BBY-1BBY, Battle of Endor took place 4ABY. Ahsoka runs 12ABY. Clones have accelerated aging. By Rebels, Rex was old as fuck. I know, they retconned him into being at the Endor. But still.... even by then he was pushing it. It is stated that clones aged twice as fast as humans.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

Rebels took place 5BBY-1BBY, Battle of Endor took place 4ABY. Ahsoka runs 12ABY. Clones have accelerated aging. By Rebels, Rex was old as fuck. I know, they retconned him into being at the Endor. But still.... even by then he was pushing it. It is stated that clones aged twice as fast as humans.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But what was the average human age in an advanced society with medical droids and bacta tanks and lord knows what else?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Thrawn of the Books or Thrawn in Rebels, because they made him two different people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Exactly. Not all the bad guys have to be monsters.  Honestly I'd want thrawn leading my empires military

Thrawn of the Books or Thrawn in Rebels, because they made him two different people.

Hadn't read any of the thrawn books, so Rebels thrawn and rep via Mando/ect
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Baylan is simply a product of the times. He survived the big purge and now he has become his own master, freelancing to whomever will pay the most or put him in the most advantageous position to effect his thriving survival. Unfortunately, the same powers that set him on his current course are the very same ones who set the whole purge in motion to begin with. Absolutely fascinating character arc.

Shin just seems to be there for the violence.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Originally Posted By macman37:

Single moms, amirite?

Baylan is simply a product of the times. He survived the big purge and now he has become his own master, freelancing to whomever will pay the most or put him in the most advantageous position to effect his thriving survival. Unfortunately, the same powers that set him on his current course are the very same ones who set the whole purge in motion to begin with. Absolutely fascinating character arc.

Shin just seems to be there for the violence.

Jedi order had lost its way, after a thousand years.  Order 66 cleaned it out pretty quickly but coulda seen any number of scenarios that the Jedi were cast out of the central worlds as outlaws which would have had a large amount of rogue-jedi types I suspect
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

But what was the average human age in an advanced society with medical droids and bacta tanks and lord knows what else?
View Quote
Shit, Padme died of a broken heart because she lost some darkside space dick and she was rich as fuck with all the connections! Honestly, Star Wars medical care is on par with ours. If you got the green, you get a new spleen! If you broke, you get thrown in a hole. I think Rex for the majority of his life was broke, being a Rebel does that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit, Padme died of a broken heart because she lost some darkside space dick and she was rich as fuck with all the connections! Honestly, Star Wars medical care is on par with ours. If you got the green, you get a new spleen! If you broke, you get thrown in a hole. I think Rex for the majority of his life was broke, being a Rebel does that.
View All Quotes

Yes but of superior genetic stock, even if programmed to age more quickly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Look at the current 80 year Olds we have running around in public office. Are they that great?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:55:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GutWrench] [#10]
I’m still conflicted about this whole thing.

So at this point we are to believe there is no way for anyone to get to the new galaxy after the map was destroyed?

I mean even if Baylan hadn’t destroyed the map they would still have to build a ship with the capability. Right?

Only Ezra has the hook up with the space whales as far as we know.

It’s Star Wars so it’s probably not going to be come complicated ordeal. But man. It’s all so interesting at this point.

I can’t wait to see how Anakin is able to access the WBW.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

She's going to be the next Darth Maul. So far in her first appearance she's exhibited a lot of (mostly competent) violence and very little other character development. But I predict this is just the introduction and she'll have a prominent (but probably not lead) role in the next New Republic- era production.

Either that or she'll become a persistent one-dimensional destructive force of nature, like Jaws or Anton Chigurh. Which still might be okay but that's easy to screw up with bad writing.
View Quote

I didn't read the spoiler, but I think Shin Hati's arc will largely depend on what happens to Baylan or what Baylan does. She is his apprentice and the only thing keeping her violence in check is him. And although his moral compass still seems to have some bearing, her's is completely nonexistent; she is utterly emotionless... with the exception of a heavy dose of discontent for Sabine, and some for Ahsoka. In fact, I see a point down the road where she bucks up and challenges Ahsoka against Baylan's wishes just to see if she can beat Ahsoka in head-to-head combat. Her ego wants to know. Her ego NEEDS to know.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
I’m still conflicted about this whole thing.

So at this point we are to believe there is no way for anyone to get to the new galaxy after the map was destroyed?

I mean even if Baylan hadn’t destroyed the map they would still have to build a ship with the capability. Right?

It’s Star Wars so it’s probably not going to be come complicated ordeal. But man. It’s all so interesting at this point.

I can’t wait to see how Anakin is able to access the WBW.
View Quote

Maybe a way, but that map might be 25000 years old or some shit.  It was likely known space to some ancient civilization but its too far for the republic to achieve I suspect they are incompetent
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Sure they aged more quickly in order to quickly get them to an age where they could fight. But who’s to say that the rapid aging wasn’t stopped once they reached that point? No one knew how long the war would last. You wouldn’t  want your soldiers aging out while there was still fighting to do.
I don’t know that it’s ever been addressed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still conflicted about this whole thing.

I mean even if Baylan hadn't destroyed the map they would still have to build a ship with the capability. Right?

It's Star Wars so it's probably not going to be come complicated ordeal. But man. It's all so interesting at this point.

I can't wait to see how Anakin is able to access the WBW.
View Quote
Jacen will make a connection to the space whales.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Fuck. You're probably right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought Episode 4 was amazing.

We finally got to see Ahsoka and Sabine act like their animated character with some personality.  Thank God they're starting to break out of this stoic stone face acting.   The light saber fight was really good, Ray Stevenson seemed like he was actually striking with some real force and although Ahsoka used Form 5, which is not the form I would have expected from her in that fight, the fight was great.  

I'm really starting to enjoy this series.  Say what you will, but Filoni has a plan at least and it's a plan he laid the ground work on years and years ago.  This series has been years in the making and I get why some casual fans who haven't seen the animated series might seem a bit skeptical here, but I mean honestly if you have Disney+ you have access to the animated shows as well so go watch them and enjoy some of the greatest content out there.  

I think Filoni and Favreau have a real solid plan in terms of opening up a new Star War galaxy to play in that will allow them to do Star Was stuff without breaking the continuity of what George built or having to get into the mess of the sequel trilogy stuff.  I am so excited to see where this goes next honestly.  I know that Obi Wan, Book of Boba Fett, and season 3 of Mandalorian were a let down, but the first two seasons of Mandalorian were solid, Andor was excellent, and so far Ahsoka looks really promising.  I'm optimistic, I think Star Wars can and will be saved.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Oh wow, he's definitely right. That's exactly what is going to happen and thank God, because I need more Choppa.  I swear Choppa actually uses swear words in the animated series.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#19]

Maybe a way, but that map might be 25000 years old or some shit.  It was likely known space to some ancient civilization but its too far for the republic to achieve I suspect they are incompetent
View All Quotes
I'm still conflicted about this whole thing.

I mean even if Baylan hadn't destroyed the map they would still have to build a ship with the capability. Right?

It's Star Wars so it's probably not going to be come complicated ordeal. But man. It's all so interesting at this point.

I can't wait to see how Anakin is able to access the WBW.

The Rakatan's Infinite Empire spanned the entire galaxy and then some. They used the Star Wars version of Stargates too. They're the reason why humans are EVERYWHERE.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m just hoping we see this in an upcoming episode….

View Quote

Yes, we need Rex and Zeb.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Rex died at the Battle of Endor. The last time we see the guy they retconned him into, he’s face down and motionless. Scout uniform but no helmet. Can’t see the beard, so maybe it’s not him.

Or maybe that guy was never Rex because one guy on Twitter threw a fit when Filoni said it was him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Read a theory that Anakin in World between worlds is an alternate one Thrawn saved and he has Vaders Light Saber on him?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bomber46:
Rex died at the Battle of Endor. The last time we see the guy they retconned him into, he’s face down and motionless. Scout uniform but no helmet. Can’t see the beard, so maybe it’s not him.

Or maybe that guy was never Rex because one guy on Twitter threw a fit when Filoni said it was him.
View Quote

In the Rebels epilogue, Sabine says that Commander Rex fought at the Battle of Endor. You’d think if he died there she’d have mentioned it.

Family Reunion and Farewell: Epilogue | Star Wars Rebels | Disney XD
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

That would be interesting. Guy at work said the map was burned into Ashoka’s hand… he is convinced they will use the scar to find a way. Kind of interesting.

The Generation Tech dude is thinking none of them make it back and the new galaxy will be the “Feloni Verse.” Basically spiting away from the Rey trilogy and making his own place for some good Star Wars in the future.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#25]

That would be interesting. Guy at work said the map was burned into Ashoka’s hand… he is convinced they will use the scar to find a way. Kind of interesting.

The Generation Tech dude is thinking none of them make it back and the new galaxy will be the “Feloni Verse.” Basically spiting away from the Rey trilogy and making his own place for some good Star Wars in the future.
View All Quotes

That'd be OK with me
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Guy at work said the map was burned into Ashoka’s hand… he is convinced they will use the scar to find a way. Kind of interesting.

View Quote

I mentioned that a couple pages ago:

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Delta10mm:

Sabine has been a udder disappointment thus far. Not the cool calculated killer she was in rebels. I guess maybe they are playing the " I lost my boy toy" angle. Idk. She needs to find herself again and start blowing shit. Her story arc is circling the drain.
View Quote

The loner badass recluse who hadn't seen any training or action for a couple years was expected to be rusty, but at this point we need to see her tap back into her teenage anti-authoritarian Mandalorian trained bomb wielding ass-kicker or shes going to be a loss as a character that should have had a lot of promise in the series.

Anakin in the WBW makes sense to me as I figure he is The Brother, as much as Ashoka is The Sister
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#28]

That would be interesting. Guy at work said the map was burned into Ashoka's hand  he is convinced they will use the scar to find a way. Kind of interesting.

The Generation Tech dude is thinking none of them make it back and the new galaxy will be the "Feloni Verse." Basically spiting away from the Rey trilogy and making his own place for some good Star Wars in the future.
View All Quotes

That would be interesting. Guy at work said the map was burned into Ashoka's hand  he is convinced they will use the scar to find a way. Kind of interesting.

The Generation Tech dude is thinking none of them make it back and the new galaxy will be the "Feloni Verse." Basically spiting away from the Rey trilogy and making his own place for some good Star Wars in the future.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#29]

I mentioned that a couple pages ago:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/indianajones/images/6/67/Toht.jpg

View Quote

Sorry I missed it. Haha
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Oh wow, he's definitely right. That's exactly what is going to happen and thank God, because I need more Choppa.  I swear Choppa actually uses swear words in the animated series.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

AP5 did chastise Chopper for something he said that implied it was some horribly heinous swear. Something to the effect of "you could be disintegrated in 11 star systems for that kind of language"
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

The map being on her hand doesn't make sense to me. Sabine is already making the trip with Morgan, and now Ahsoka is in the world between worlds and could, in theory, just walk there through space and time.

As to the earlier comment someone else made about why they didn't pull Kanan out, Ahsoka explained it right then and there so I'm not sure how there's any confusion about it. Pulling Kanan from that moment would have doomed all the others.  His sacrifice saved them
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Look at the current 80 year Olds we have running around in public office. Are they that great?
View All Quotes

They are so bad they aren’t even qualified for The Worst Batch…
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#33]

They are so bad they aren't even qualified for The Worst Batch
View All Quotes

They are so bad they aren't even qualified for The Worst Batch

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

The map being on her hand doesn't make sense to me. Sabine is already making the trip with Morgan, and now Ahsoka is in the world between worlds and could, in theory, just walk there through space and time.

As to the earlier comment someone else made about why they didn't pull Kanan out, Ahsoka explained it right then and there so I'm not sure how there's any confusion about it. Pulling Kanan from that moment would have doomed all the others.  His sacrifice saved them
View Quote

Good point.

I’m intrigued.

Ahsoka getting there from the WBW while possible with the lore, it will feel cheap to me. But I guess that hinges on the way they explain how she got there to begin with.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#35]
As someone mentioned a page or 2 ago

The Lothal entrance to the WBW is on Thrawn’s ship
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

There is another.

Grogu.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Look, we only nit pick and bitch about the stuff we don’t like. Rex is awesome so it’s ok to fudge the story some to keep him in it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#39]
The WBW stuff is likely going to make the writing for the Sequels look.  It was a horrible idea when Filoni pulled it out in Rebels...and its an even fucking worse idea now.

If anyone thinks Filoni is going to invalidate the Sequels you are smoking crack.  Remember all this shit had to get green lit by KK, and there was no way she was going to let that happen.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By poison123:
The WBW stuff is likely going to make the writing for the Sequels look.  It was a horrible idea when Filoni pulled it out in Rebels...and its an even fucking worse idea now.

If anyone thinks Filoni is going to invalidate the Sequels you are smoking crack.  Remember all this shit had to get green lit by KK, and there was no way she was going to let that happen.
View Quote

No one actually thinks the sequel trilogy is going to ever be invalidated. Hopes, maybe. But rebellions are built on hope.

I thought the WBW was cool in Rebels and I’m interested to see it expanded upon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#41]

No one actually thinks the sequel trilogy is going to ever be invalidated. Hopes, maybe. But rebellions are built on hope.

I thought the WBW was cool in Rebels and I'm interested to see it expanded upon.
View All Quotes

I thought the WBW was cool in Rebels and I'm interested to see it expanded upon.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#42]

I thought the WBW was cool in Rebels and I’m interested to see it expanded upon.
View Quote

It seems cool...and then you realize how fucked most series get when they introduce Time Travel.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I'm not. Star Trek beat time travel and alternative universes into the ground, and was not a better show/franchise for it. The last thing Filoni should do is create his own Guardian of Forever.

I suppose it's the sort of thing that could be neat if done properly, but I don't think it ever really has been. Just the idea is like listening to college students insist that communism could be okay because they're not like everybody else who's tried it.

The sequels were KK's mess. Filoni IMHO should stay far away.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#44]

It seems cool...and then you realize how fucked most series get when they introduce Time Travel.
View Quote

It wouldn't REALLY be time travel. Just a new beginning

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#45]
In the original EU, they has something similar to the WBWs. Jacen Solo and later Luke and Ben Skywalker explored it. It involved Abaloth and a pool of knowledge or some such. Been a while since I read it. In the end it was basically out of body spirit walking in the force. And this was after Mortis was made canon, since the Father, Daughter, and Son are related to Abaloth. She was the Mother.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sh768:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61S+r-JmDpL.jpg
View All Quotes

Multiverse
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Would be nice if they bring in Abeloth and expand more on the lore of the god-like figures of Star Wars.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

I suppose it's the sort of thing that could be neat if done properly, but I don't think it ever really has been. Just the idea is like listening to college students insist that communism could be okay because they're not like everybody else who's tried it.
View Quote

You’re not wrong, but we don’t know that ‘time travel’ is where we’re headed. I try to wait and see what happens before I start shitting on something. Except for Ep.9. I knew that was going to be garbage before it came out.

View Quote

Great Scot!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Hopefully that was just foreshadowing the importance of the purgil and not Grogu having anything to do with them. Hopefully.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top