[#1]
Copy/paste from tales of jedi thread.

Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Watching it now.

Not working for me at all.  

Andor is fantastic.
View Quote

Good to hear about Andor. I've been meaning to watch it.
View Quote

Andor gives me hope we can get a Darth Bane arch.  Talent is there and like the Sith, nothing worth doing should be hurried.   Andor pacing would work for a dark side focused series.

Counter point to building the rebelion was the 1000+ years of positioning to build the empire.

He is acknowledged in CloneWars and that whole realm of the creation of the rule of two needs doing correctly or not at all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

so in prison, the boots are just hanging there with no locks, no case? no nothing? wth opsec is that
View Quote

No need to safeguard them as they inaccesable to inmates.  
I do think the "late" guard will play a role in the escape though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

so in prison, the boots are just hanging there with no locks, no case? no nothing? wth opsec is that

I’d love to think that Luthen figures out where Andor is and sends Saw to break him out. But, I doubt that he’d be able to find out that Andor is using a different name in an episode.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Veemoss
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 7:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LatentUser] [#6]
Finally a simple rank explanation.

Well not that simple but it does explain the colors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qBhnNoA5xY
View Quote

Put together by some 501st folks.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: Arfcom compressed the readability out of it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Daedra Meero's (blonde ISB woman) voice sounded familiar. Couldn't place it and gave up.

IMDB says she voiced Yennefer in the Witcher 3 game, a character with a similar sense of self importance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
 "Saw is as unhinged as always. Would like to see his group doing some more gangster shit."

Saw is actually pretty level at this point still. He is remembering the lesson learned in trusting the Republic on Onderro.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#9]

I’d love to think that Luthen figures out where Andor is and sends Saw to break him out. But, I doubt that he’d be able to find out that Andor is using a different name in an episode.
View Quote

i think andor already has a jailbreak plan. he has been analyzing everything. probably will use what they are building…and now a transport is otw to bring a replacement for his group
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I can dig exposition, world building and character development...but every scene is 15 seconds too long and there are lots of set up scenes, filler scenes, extra scenes and scenes that go nowhere.
All of Mon Mothma's party scenes in this Ep were just wheel spinning. Literally nothing moved forward.
It's a good show but much too drawn out.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By feudist:
I can dig exposition, world building and character development...but every scene is 15 seconds too long and there are lots of set up scenes, filler scenes, extra scenes and scenes that go nowhere.
All of Mon Mothma's party scenes in this Ep were just wheel spinning. Literally nothing moved forward.

View Quote

Still the best produced and written of anything StarWars to date.   Basically it is getting to the point where there is a scale.

If you never heard of the character then it is on the "good" end of the spectrum.   If you have heard of the character then it is going to be on the shit end of the spectrum as they phone it in.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody catch that the tall, middle aged black guy at his assigned table was “Karga?”

5 years to ANH, 4 years from start to finish of OT, and another 9 years to Mandalorian.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]

i think andor already has a jailbreak plan. he has been analyzing everything. probably will use what they are building…and now a transport is otw to bring a replacement for his group
View All Quotes

I’m betting there’s a network of rebels at the prison. Melshi is at his table also, Melshi is Andor’s buddy in Rogue One. Plus the signaling between the tubes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Wouldn't mind be interrogated by the ISB lady either.
View Quote
And, you just invalidated your praise of the other two...
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Anybody catch that the tall, middle aged black guy at his assigned table was “Karga?”

5 years to ANH, 4 years from start to finish of OT, and another 9 years to Mandalorian.

View Quote

Watching it a second time, yes.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

https://y.yarn.co/b283a5f3-413b-497a-8f61-a8a15ae165da_text.gif
View Quote

Subtitles have his name as "Taga"
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:13:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Re-watching and they definitely emphasize the boots towards the start of the episode...
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I think the purpose of the Mon Mothma scenes was to show the stark difference between their daily lives. Her scenes seemed to always pop up when something especially bad was happening to Cassian.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
Re-watching and they definitely emphasize the boots towards the start of the episode...
View Quote

Yep

It wasn't subtle at all.  It could be a bait and switch in story telling but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

https://y.yarn.co/b283a5f3-413b-497a-8f61-a8a15ae165da_text.gif

Damn, it sounded like Karga…
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:23:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cayman_shen] [#21]

View Quote

A story is more than plot...theme matters also. Intercutting between Cassian, Mon, and Syril shows how they're all in their own prisons. I wouldn't trim a second. Totally captivating episode.

Also, there was like five solid minutes of gay stuff and it didn't feel shoved down your throat, preachy, or tacked on. The fact that they managed not to annoy me there was impressive. Two hardcore, freedom loving women with meaningful things to do and say kept me invested in the parts of their characters that matter.

Watching this show, I keep thinking how funny it is that the writers are probably pretty left of center, while I'm pretty right, and yet we all hate the goddamn government. Saw's rant against ideologically impure groups that share a common goal was on the money.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cayman_shen:
Also, there was like five solid minutes of gay stuff and it didn't feel shoved down your throat, preachy, or tacked on. The fact that they managed not to annoy me there was impressive. Two hardcore, freedom loving women with meaningful things to do and say kept me invested in the parts of their characters that matter.

Watching this show, I keep thinking how funny it is that the writers are probably pretty left of center, while I'm pretty right, and yet we all hate the goddamn government.
View Quote
I guaran-fuckin-tee you, if you were to ask the writers who they liken the empire to, they'd say trump/repubs/conservatives.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I think the purpose of the Mon Mothma scenes was to show the stark difference between their daily lives. Her scenes seemed to always pop up when something especially bad was happening to Cassian.
View Quote

If you take Disney's Mon Mothma canon background seriously, it also shows how badly she eventually fucks up. She ends up leading the New Republic but screws up so badly the First Order re-emerges back into the scene and leads to the events of the subsequent 3 movies. Makes this show really depressing actually.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:12:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 103] [#24]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

If you take Disney's Mon Mothma canon background seriously, it also shows how badly she eventually fucks up. She ends up leading the New Republic but screws up so badly the First Order re-emerges back into the scene and leads to the events of the subsequent 3 movies. Makes this show really depressing actually.
View Quote

This is why my wife doesn't want to watch it. That and "but they all die!" in Rogue One.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Yep

It wasn't subtle at all.  It could be a bait and switch in story telling but I doubt it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

Yep

Yeah, doubt it's a diversion. They seem like they'd be absolutely necessary to an escape attempt, unless there's something extraordinary that happens for shutting that whole system down.

I suppose that might be where Luthen (and possibly Saw) ties in again, if it is a diversion.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 103:
This is why my wife doesn't want to watch it. That any "but they all die!" in Rogue One.
View Quote

That's why a lot of Star Wars fans hated Rogue One already years ago, the whole vibe is incredibly miserable and very un-Star Wars like. Only the british could produce something so depressing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#27]

That's why a lot of Star Wars fans hated Rogue One already years ago, the whole vibe is incredibly miserable and very un-Star Wars like. Only the british could produce something so depressing.
View All Quotes
This is why my wife doesn't want to watch it. That any "but they all die!" in Rogue One.

And those people are wrong.

It takes place between the prequels and the OT.  Story-wise that's a very dark time.  The main characters make a heroic sacrifice to save the galaxy.  Not every story has to have a happy ending for the main characters.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Hated so much it has its own spin off...
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Nope, you're just wrong.
Every scene is moving the different parts of the story forward. Eventually they're all going to converge
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
I guaran-fuckin-tee you, if you were to ask the writers who they liken the empire to, they'd say trump/repubs/conservatives.

View Quote

Oh absolutely. There's a stab at Trump in the last episode.

The thing is, I'm watching it thinking the Empire is like the Dems, the writers think they're portraying Republicans (as did Lucas)...where is the disconnect? We all perceive our leaders as enemies of freedom, but from opposite sides of the spectrum. Why don't we have any common ground?

I think they're delusional of course, and they probably think the same of me. Meanwhile the uniparty laughs at us plebs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

It takes place between the prequels and the OT.  Story-wise that's a very dark time.  The main characters make a heroic sacrifice to save the galaxy.  Not every story has to have a happy ending for the main characters.
View All Quotes

Like everybody dies in star wars
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#32]

The thing is, I'm watching it thinking the Empire is like the Dems, the writers think they're portraying Republicans (as did Lucas)...where is the disconnect? We all perceive our leaders as enemies of freedom, but from opposite sides of the spectrum. Why don't we have any common ground?

I think they're delusional of course, and they probably think the same of me. Meanwhile the uniparty laughs at us plebs.
View All Quotes

Most people are too dumb to realize all the leaders are the bad guys.... even the rebellion murders the shit out of people
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#33]
No JarJar at the party. Yay
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Most people are too dumb to realize all the leaders are the bad guys.... even the rebellion murders the shit out of people
View Quote

lol yeah no shit, there were supposedly up to 1 million personnel on the first Death Star. And each Star Destroyer carries 37k people.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#35]

lol yeah no shit, there were supposedly up to 1 million personnel on the first Death Star. And each Star Destroyer carries 37k people.
View All Quotes

Poor contractors
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I never held that Death Star crew was somehow innocent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

The Death Star and Star Destroyers are legitimate military targets containing almost entirely military personnel.

Meanwhile, prior to the first Death Star's destruction, the empire destroyed an entire planet, snuffing out the lives of a billion civilians in an instant.

To conflate the two is asinine.  It's akin to saying the Allies were just as evil as the nazis because of the civilian casualties the Germans endured. It's a preposterous argument.  The Empire are not the good guys, and never will be.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I don’t take the sequels seriously, as far as I’m concerned they aren’t in the same universe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K2QB3] [#39]

View All Quotes

Cassian and Mon will cross paths in season 2, the details are more important than they may appear.

Of course they do.

Everybody fears power in the hands of people with different premises, beliefs, and moral axis/priorities. Easier to just call them evil than to understand them.

The Empire is just blatantly evil for evil's sake, the Emperor is a personification and deification of evil. It fits everyone's intellectually lazy view of their political opponents.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#40]
The fact that people on this forum watch shows about a woke space man created by a woke company that wants to indoctrinate children and destroy your way of life sure says a lot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Laufen:
The fact that people on this forum watch shows about a woke space man created by a woke company that wants to indoctrinate children and destroy your way of life sure says a lot.
View Quote

With that kind of mentality, you might as well just cut yourself off entirely from modern society at this point. It's just entertainment dude.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#42]

With that kind of mentality, you might as well just cut yourself off entirely from modern society at this point. It's just entertainment dude.
View All Quotes

^lol this. might as well go to your bunker and close yourself off from society.

as far as empire vs rebels, i always thought the empire had ww2 german/ fascist italy vibe vs insurgents/western allies. if you look at empire uniforms like the isb its very ww2 german.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Yep.

Every large corporation is either owned by left wing people, run by left wing people or pretends to be left wing because it’s advantageous. You’re not getting away from it unless you’re a hermit.

Virtue signaling about the fact that you don’t watch Disney shows doesn’t mean much if you have a cellphone in your pocket.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#44]

The Death Star and Star Destroyers are legitimate military targets containing almost entirely military personnel.

Meanwhile, prior to the first Death Star's destruction, the empire destroyed an entire planet, snuffing out the lives of a billion civilians in an instant.

To conflate the two is asinine.  It's akin to saying the Allies were just as evil as the nazis because of the civilian casualties the Germans endured. It's a preposterous argument.  The Empire are not the good guys, and never will be.
View Quote

It is not as preposterous as you might think.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Laufen] [#45]

View All Quotes

There are plenty of sources of wonderful entertainment that don't use my money to destroy me and my way of life.

Ah, Californian.  Makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jackthom8] [#46]
as far as empire vs rebels, i always thought the empire had ww2 german/ fascist italy vibe vs insurgents/western allies. if you look at empire uniforms like the isb its very ww2 german.
View Quote

Empire also has a lot in common with the British Empire too. They weren't as evil as the nazis but they sure did a lot of fucked up shit too in the name of progress and order. It's no coincidence that all of the Imperial actors are brits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#47]

There are plenty of sources of wonderful entertainment that don't use my money to destroy me and my way of life.

View Quote

ok we get, you dont consume anything remotely left leaning. kthanksbye
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Yep.

Every large corporation is either owned by left wing people, run by left wing people or pretends to be left wing because it’s advantageous. You’re not getting away from it unless you’re a hermit.

Virtue signaling about the fact that you don’t watch Disney shows doesn’t mean much if you have a cellphone in your pocket.
View All Quotes

Yep.

There are many ways to find entertainment and not be a hermit that doesn't involve feeding leftists.  First off, don't consume their garbage content.  It's shit anyway.  It shouldn't be that hard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Start your own thread about how the mouse is the debil. stop mucking up this one
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I don't.  I value my rights.  

I get it, you'd rather be entertained by a space man story than stick to your principles.
Page / 179
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top