Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 179
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cayman_shen:
I never held that Death Star crew was somehow innocent.
View Quote

Bet many folks had no choice ... defying the empire is painful for you and your family and home planet
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

^lol this. might as well go to your bunker and close yourself off from society.

as far as empire vs rebels, i always thought the empire had ww2 german/ fascist italy vibe vs insurgents/western allies. if you look at empire uniforms like the isb its very ww2 german.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Originally Posted By Laufen:
The fact that people on this forum watch shows about a woke space man created by a woke company that wants to indoctrinate children and destroy your way of life sure says a lot.

With that kind of mentality, you might as well just cut yourself off entirely from modern society at this point. It's just entertainment dude.

as far as empire vs rebels, i always thought the empire had ww2 german/ fascist italy vibe vs insurgents/western allies. if you look at empire uniforms like the isb its very ww2 german.

Hugo Boss or GTFO
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Yeah, I don't.  I value my rights.  

I get it, you'd rather be entertained by a space man story than stick to your principles.
View All Quotes

There are plenty of sources of wonderful entertainment that don't use my money to destroy me and my way of life.

Ah, Californian.  Makes sense.

ok we get, you dont consume anything remotely left leaning. kthanksbye

I get it, you'd rather be entertained by a space man story than stick to your principles.

Thanks for contributing
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]

That's why a lot of Star Wars fans hated Rogue One already years ago, the whole vibe is incredibly miserable and very un-Star Wars like. Only the british could produce something so depressing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:
This is why my wife doesn't want to watch it. That any "but they all die!" in Rogue One.

That's why a lot of Star Wars fans hated Rogue One already years ago, the whole vibe is incredibly miserable and very un-Star Wars like. Only the british could produce something so depressing.

[DanteHicks]
It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.[/DanteHicks]
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I do love the tone and direction of Andor vs reg feel good SWs. It is how Nolans darker Batman re-booted and expanded the batmans before it. it gives the overall SW universe another viewpoint.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
This is why my wife doesn't want to watch it. That any "but they all die!" in Rogue One.

Those fans completely miss the point. Every other line is miserable in Star Wars. "Many Bothans died to bring us this information." Luke getting his hand cut off and being told by the most evil person in his worldview that he was his son. Dead teddy bears on Endor. Oh yeah--an entire planet getting blown up.

Rogue One was great.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I do love the tone and direction of Andor vs reg feel good SWs. It is how Nolans darker Batman re-booted and expanded the batmans before it. it gives the overall SW universe another viewpoint.
View Quote

Definitely love the feel of Andor, one of the best do far
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
as for the boots...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder what it is that they were building.  Maybe they said and I missed it?  Looked like some sort of engine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By macaho45:
I wonder what it is that they were building.  Maybe they said and I missed it?  Looked like some sort of engine.
View Quote

Whatever it was, I really appreciate how they actually took the time to make whatever it is into an actual prop. The production values on this show are incredible.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought I saw or heard something that they are landing gear struts or something mundane like that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#12]
The Saw Gerrera scene is also pretty good too btw. If you haven't seen the Clone Wars show you probably should by now, he's talking about stuff you'd miss if you haven't.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Whatever it was, I really appreciate how they actually took the time to make whatever it is into an actual prop. The production values on this show are incredible.
View Quote

You are damn right. The whole prison factory is really well done. The world building on this show is great!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
I thought I saw or heard something that they are landing gear struts or something mundane like that.
View Quote

Somebody on YouTube said they thought it was the under carriage of a Imperial probe droid
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dog1:

Somebody on YouTube said they thought it was the under carriage of a Imperial probe droid
View Quote

it looks like droid "spider" legs
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

The Amish are way ahead of us on this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Seem way too big for that. Probe droids aren't that big. A landing gear part makes a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Seem way too big for that. Probe droids aren't that big. A landing gear part makes a lot more sense.
View Quote

It really should be part of a horrifying weapon, just for narrative's sake.

The work they're forcing people to do is ideal for droids. It'd be especially evil to have people building the weapons that enslave them, just because they can.

I won't be surprised when Cassian discovers those things are part of something personally tragic, probably on Ferrix.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Like everybody dies in star wars
View Quote

Since it happened "a long time ago," they're all dead.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

your virtue signaling has been noted. Can you please fuck off now?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Those fans completely miss the point. Every other line is miserable in Star Wars. "Many Bothans died to bring us this information." Luke getting his hand cut off and being told by the most evil person in his worldview that he was his son. Dead teddy bears on Endor. Oh yeah--an entire planet getting blown up.

Rogue One was great.
View Quote

The highs and lows was one of the selling points of the "Machete Order" of watching the films.

"There’s a great pattern here, taking the viewer on a series of emotional ups and downs. IV ends with a victory that seems to have some sinister undertones, then V is dark and unresolved with a cliffhanger, II ends with victory with sinister undertones, then III is dark and unresolved with a cliffhanger again. It works incredibly well, and when III ended everyone demanded we immediately watch VI to see how everything gets tied up."
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I have to marvel at the genius of Palpatine.

Palpatine simultaneously turned the galaxy against the Jedi and divided the people of the galaxy so deeply through the Clone Wars that he completely orchestrated that he almost insured no rebellion of any significance could form.

"The Plan," as Darth Maul calls it in Clone Wars, was pretty much flawless, but you'd expect it to be since it was the produce of a thousand years of careful maneuvers by the Sith.  If you have not read the Star War book Dark Plageuis, I highly recommend you get the Audio Book.  

Palpatine is pure evil, but you have to be in awe of his genius.  I like that Andor is paying respect to that genius and the Empire competence, because to have a good protagonist you absolutely need a highly dangerous antagonist.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#23]
The fact that people on this forum watch shows about a woke space man created by a woke company that wants to indoctrinate children and destroy your way of life sure says a lot.
View Quote

You sound like fun.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Meh, I'd gladly light the match to burn Disney and their woke bullshit to the ground but in the meantime, I'm going to let those monkeys entertain me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#25]
View Quote

My thought was ankle/leg joints for walkers.

So that means they'll just be part of a cargo claw.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Agreed!  The fact that they caught my attention and got me wondering says a lot about the production value to me, like you said.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Death Star parts, it's construction is behind schedule,  that's why they are ramping up  manufacturing parts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Palpatine simultaneously turned the galaxy against the Jedi and divided the people of the galaxy so deeply through the Clone Wars that he completely orchestrated that he almost insured no rebellion of any significance could form.

"The Plan," as Darth Maul calls it in Clone Wars, was pretty much flawless, but you'd expect it to be since it was the produce of a thousand years of careful maneuvers by the Sith.  If you have not read the Star War book Dark Plageuis, I highly recommend you get the Audio Book.  

Palpatine is pure evil, but you have to be in awe of his genius.  I like that Andor is paying respect to that genius and the Empire competence, because to have a good protagonist you absolutely need a highly dangerous antagonist.  

View Quote

Palpatine is the end of 1000 years of manipulations that may or may not be  Bane ressurrected/passed on through new hosts.

Palpatine was handed the keys to something that just needed some extra persuasion/manipulating.

The creation of the rule of two and the end goal being reached only by the strengths of the master being passed on should the apprentice be strong enough.

There were once thousands of Sith and thousands of Jedi.

It took one Sith to realize how watered down the force was if powere was to be shared by many...

The way Andor is being done gives some hope that a dark side focused DARK plotting Sith series could be done and done well.

Something that stretches so far back that what little Yoda knows of the dark side was passed down to him because it predates when he was born.

How it could then be woven in to the mandalorian lore is something that would take some actual vision and goddamn talent.

This possibility and the thought of the above is what Star Wars fans nerdgasm over and yet we get shit like "like a bantha" with Boba Fett.

Andor is definitely an "in the right direction" attempt.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Bet many folks had no choice ... defying the empire is painful for you and your family and home planet
View Quote

Probably true, but that still puts their deaths on the Empire. They worked on military craft, they're legit targets.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Probably true, but that still puts their deaths on the Empire. They worked on military craft, they're legit targets.
View All Quotes

In intergalactic war its all fair game

The Republic wasn't the good guys, separatists neither
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By macaho45:
View Quote

I mentioned earlier in the thread it is made just like a landing gear strut on modern fighters. Pins and bushings take higher loads than roller bearings.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Way to robust. There is zero need for that massive piece of pin and bushing on a droid that floats around on repulsers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#33]
"Oppression breeds rebellion!"

Great line from Luthen!

Now, back to the episode!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigitalChaos] [#34]
I noticed that in the last episode the antique dealer Luthen? kept calling the one girl Leia?  

And I wonder when and if they bring Jyn in the story pre when they first meet ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DigitalChaos:
I noticed that in the last episode the antique dealer Luthen? kept calling the one girl Leia?  

View Quote

Her name is Kleya Marki
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Leida is Mothma's daughter.

His assistant is Kleya
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

His assistant is Kleya
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

His assistant is Kleya

Thank you for the clarification
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Way to robust. There is zero need for that massive piece of pin and bushing on a droid that floats around on repulsers.
View Quote

Just pointing out what somebody said
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#39]

View Quote

No idea what the other levels make but the design suggests something like a polygonal form.

Maybe reflector assembly for kyber crystals or some shit for death star.

They put a lot of thought and design into this series so guessing we will know at some point.

/edit

Maybe some kind of connector/joint for flight control surface for tiefighters wings?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

Her name is Kleya Marki
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

Her name is Kleya Marki

Daughter of Biz Markie
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

No idea what the other levels make but the design suggests something like a polygonal form.

Maybe reflector assembly for kyber crystals or some shit for death star.

They put a lot of thought and design into this series so guessing we will know at some point.

/edit

Maybe some kind of connector/joint for flight control surface for tiefighters wings?
View Quote

Based on the shape and size along with being able to land on the panels like legs then they could be.
I thought most tie fighter assembly was done by droids.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#42]

This is why my wife doesn't want to watch it. That and "but they all die!" in Rogue One.
View Quote

Everyone dies eventually.  The lucky ones choose when they die.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Based on the shape and size along with being able to land on the panels like legs then they could be.
I thought most tie fighter assembly was done by droids.
View Quote

No idea but I am just trying to think of things that might collapse/expand like an umbrella which may or may not result from a structure of that shape.

It is nice to see details in shit like that which make people curious what the fuck is being built and want to see more.

It has a very Kamino cloning facility level of organization to it.  The various levels and the order and the sheer massive scope of the operation.

Reward the people behind building this world.

Fucking punish/zap/murder off the people reaponsible for the Obi/Boba shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By feudist:
I can dig exposition, world building and character development...but every scene is 15 seconds too long and there are lots of set up scenes, filler scenes, extra scenes and scenes that go nowhere.
All of Mon Mothma's party scenes in this Ep were just wheel spinning. Literally nothing moved forward.
It's a good show but much too drawn out.

View Quote

Naw. I actually am enjoying this quite a lot for a change. It's the only show that I've seen that takes its time. Which is totally fine by me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Oh absolutely. There's a stab at Trump in the last episode.

The thing is, I'm watching it thinking the Empire is like the Dems, the writers think they're portraying Republicans (as did Lucas)...where is the disconnect? We all perceive our leaders as enemies of freedom, but from opposite sides of the spectrum. Why don't we have any common ground?

I think they're delusional of course, and they probably think the same of me. Meanwhile the uniparty laughs at us plebs.
View Quote

Naw I don't see it that way. For once, the bad guys come in all races and both genders. It's not the usual overused old white guys as before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

The highs and lows was one of the selling points of the "Machete Order" of watching the films.

"There's a great pattern here, taking the viewer on a series of emotional ups and downs. IV ends with a victory that seems to have some sinister undertones, then V is dark and unresolved with a cliffhanger, II ends with victory with sinister undertones, then III is dark and unresolved with a cliffhanger again. It works incredibly well, and when III ended everyone demanded we immediately watch VI to see how everything gets tied up."
View Quote

That's..kind of brilliant.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

View Quote

I highly recommend you read Darth Plageuis(if you haven't already). Palpatine was the utmost Sith of all Sith. Pure evil genius.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#48]

A story is more than plot...theme matters also. Intercutting between Cassian, Mon, and Syril shows how they're all in their own prisons. I wouldn't trim a second. Totally captivating episode.

Also, there was like five solid minutes of gay stuff and it didn't feel shoved down your throat, preachy, or tacked on. The fact that they managed not to annoy me there was impressive. Two hardcore, freedom loving women with meaningful things to do and say kept me invested in the parts of their characters that matter.

Watching this show, I keep thinking how funny it is that the writers are probably pretty left of center, while I'm pretty right, and yet we all hate the goddamn government. Saw's rant against ideologically impure groups that share a common goal was on the money.
View Quote

Well, I'd bet the writers view patriotic, liberty and Constitution focused Americans as scum, and think flyover America is full of racists and tyrant wanna be's.

They don't recognize the empire in the globalists/ left/ democrats.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn.  The Empire is almost as bad as the DNC.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

I highly recommend you read Darth Plageuis(if you haven't already). Palpatine was the utmost Sith of all Sith. Pure evil genius.
View Quote

Is he really that evil though? I mean compared to Warhammer 40k's Imperium of Man the Empire is a liberal utopia. What exactly was the Sith endgoal anyway, dominate the galaxy and just enforce law and order?
Page / 179
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top