Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Naporter:

There's just been too many hints that Thrawn and Sabine will make some kind of entrance.

The Purgill seen in hyperspace were a conspicuous nod to Rebels, and with Din and Bo-Katan clearly rallying the Mandalorians to retake the home world, Sabine will undoubtedly tie in since the Darksaber is such a pivotal part of that. Bo-Katan assuredly has a means of contacting her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Originally Posted By Prae:
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Interceptors nor Bombers have hyperdrives. Only Defenders and Advanced X1s. There is a frigate somewhere. My guess is they belong to Thrawn.
https://media.giphy.com/media/H6k4xzJV3vjZm/giphy.gif

Thrawn is off in the unknown regions with Ezra fighting the Grysk.

I can’t imagine he’s working for what’s left of the Empire at this point.

There's just been too many hints that Thrawn and Sabine will make some kind of entrance.

The Purgill seen in hyperspace were a conspicuous nod to Rebels, and with Din and Bo-Katan clearly rallying the Mandalorians to retake the home world, Sabine will undoubtedly tie in since the Darksaber is such a pivotal part of that. Bo-Katan assuredly has a means of contacting her.

Ahsoka will be out in six months, it’s entirely possible that this is prep work for that series rather than this one.

The Empire is gone, Thrawn’s allegiance would have gone with it. Last we saw him he was defeated and with Ezra, he’s not going to just show up like nothing happened.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#2]

Ahsoka will be out in six months, it’s entirely possible that this is prep work for that series rather than this one.

The Empire is gone, Thrawn’s allegiance would have gone with it. Last we saw him he was defeated and with Ezra, he’s not going to just show up like nothing happened.
View All Quotes
Interceptors nor Bombers have hyperdrives. Only Defenders and Advanced X1s. There is a frigate somewhere. My guess is they belong to Thrawn.

There's been a fair bit of time since the Battle of Lothal.  Thrawn could have returned and rebuilt his fleet while the Empire was still around, depending on what happened in the interim.

I'd also disagree about his motivation being gone after the Empire's fall. He's not the kind to go quietly and is more likely to do everything in his power to restore the Empire and "order" to the galaxy.

He'd also have a grudge to settle with the Mandalorians since they were pivotal to the rebel success at Atalon.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
If one had Disney+ and wanted to get smart on the Thrawn/ Ezra backstory, where would one go?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think its entirely possible that Thrawn is aware of Exegol and the Sith Eternal, and that he may be somehow tied into that. I know everyone hates "somehow Palps returned" but it would make sense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]

I can't imagine he's working for what's left of the Empire at this point.
View Quote
One can dream.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sh768:
If one had Disney+ and wanted to get smart on the Thrawn/ Ezra backstory, where would one go?
View Quote

Rebels.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Y’all talking about Thrawn, Ezra, and Sabine & Im still pondering the Mythosaur.

Given his penchant for taming large animals through the force, I suspect that Grogu will be the key to taming the Mythosaur. The only question is, who’s going to ride it?

Will Grogu tame the Mythosaur for Din to ride?
Will Din ally with Bo and have Grogu calm it for her?
Or will Grogu claim the Dark Saber and ride the Mythosaur himself, thus becoming Mandalore and the second Mandalorian Jedi?

I really hope it’s the third option, tho it also seems the least likely.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#11]

There's been a fair bit of time since the Battle of Lothal.  Thrawn could have returned and rebuilt his fleet while the Empire was still around, depending on what happened in the interim.

I'd also disagree about his motivation being gone after the Empire's fall. He's not the kind to go quietly and is more likely to do everything in his power to restore the Empire and "order" to the galaxy.

He'd also have a grudge to settle with the Mandalorians since they were pivotal to the rebel success at Atalon.
View All Quotes

*If* Thrawn felt that a resurgence of the Empire was the best way to aid the Ascendancy and fight the Grysk then he would absolutely do it, but I don’t think he would do so otherwise.

Ego and vengeance aren’t what drives him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Ahsoka will be out in six months, it's entirely possible that this is prep work for that series rather than this one.

The Empire is gone, Thrawn's allegiance would have gone with it. Last we saw him he was defeated and with Ezra, he's not going to just show up like nothing happened.

In the original EU, Thrawn during his conquest of the New Republic, used Spaarti cloning to build his armies. Spaarti cloning was faster than Kaminoan cloning. You could have a full sized human in a year's time. The issue of cloning we're seeing could be tied to Thrawn wanting to grow his ranks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#14]

*If* Thrawn felt that a resurgence of the Empire was the best way to aid the Ascendancy and fight the Grysk then he would absolutely do it, but I don't think he would do so otherwise.

Ego and vengeance aren't what drives him.
View Quote
The Grysk are just a cheap substitution of the Vong.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

So you’re trying to determine what will or won’t happen in Disney’s Star Wars universe by using… logic?

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

So you’re trying to determine what will or won’t happen in Disney’s Star Wars universe by using… logic?

https://media.tenor.com/1r7WVrBQ5t4AAAAC/bold-strategy.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

https://media.tenor.com/1r7WVrBQ5t4AAAAC/bold-strategy.gif

I’m using their own material to determine what will happen. Sure, they could disregard large aspects of the books, but I don’t think they will.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#17]

In the original EU, Thrawn during his conquest of the New Republic, used Spaarti cloning to build his armies. Spaarti cloning was faster than Kaminoan cloning. You could have a full sized human in a year's time. The issue of cloning we're seeing could be tied to Thrawn wanting to grow his ranks.
View All Quotes

Ahsoka will be out in six months, it's entirely possible that this is prep work for that series rather than this one.

The Empire is gone, Thrawn's allegiance would have gone with it. Last we saw him he was defeated and with Ezra, he's not going to just show up like nothing happened.

I agree with you.  They are, going to sort of work the Heir to the Empire books into all of this.  Heavily modified, of course, to work in the gay sequels.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Rebels.
View All Quotes

Rebels.

gracias
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]

gracias
View All Quotes

Rebels.

gracias

Did you watch Clone Wars?  If not, you should for Maul alone.  Plus, the last few seasons were just amazing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

*If* Thrawn felt that a resurgence of the Empire was the best way to aid the Ascendancy and fight the Grysk then he would absolutely do it, but I don't think he would do so otherwise.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

I can’t believe I bought all 19 of those books.

I can’t believe they wrote 19 books in one story arc.

RIP Anakin.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

I can't believe I bought all 19 of those books.

I can't believe they wrote 19 books in one story arc.

RIP Anakin.
View Quote
NJO was pivotal because it popped the bubble and rewrote the rules that main characters were off the table.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#23]
NJO was pivotal because it popped the bubble and rewrote the rules that main characters were off the table.
View All Quotes

I can't believe I bought all 19 of those books.

I can't believe they wrote 19 books in one story arc.

RIP Anakin.

My favorite book of that series was where Wedge takes over the defense of a system near Coruscant just after it was captured. He turns the Lusankya SSD into a massive kamikaze and destroys a worldship.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#24]

My favorite book of that series was where Wedge takes over the defense of a system near Coruscant just after it was captured. He turns the Lusankya SSD into a massive kamikaze and destroys a worldship.
View Quote
I remember that; it was the battle of Borleias where that happened.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#25]

http://www.kryzethoughts.gov.www/kryze
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Even for the internet, that’s pretty shocking.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Y’all talking about Thrawn, Ezra, and Sabine & Im still pondering the Mythosaur.

Given his penchant for taming large animals through the force, I suspect that Grogu will be the key to taming the Mythosaur. The only question is, who’s going to ride it?

Or will Grogu claim the Dark Saber and ride the Mythosaur himself, thus becoming Mandalore and the second Mandalorian Jedi?

View Quote

Agree, but I think it's going to be Din.

I think the armorer is Sabine's mother, so I'm expecting to see her, and at least cameos of Ezra and Thrawn.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
"She lead me there. It was a trap." Said with a Mon Calamari standing there, on screen.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. One of the explosive, wheezing then coughing laughs.
View Quote

Surprised it took til today, or you and me are the only ones watching the show.

That's the easter egg I mentioned on wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#29]
During his sneaking off to the shipyard, Dr. Pershing was wearing a shirt that had the same design as one you can find in a treasure box in the video game Jedi: Fallen Order.

ETA: the spacecraft that had the spotlight on Dr. Pershing was a LAAT/le Patrol Transport - most of the members of the Specters were in a similar model in “Jedi Night.”
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

View Quote

Grogu can ride the mythosaur.
Bo Katan really wants to ride Din.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By toadmeister:

This raises the question:  Do they leave their helmets on during sex?

What about dental exams?
View Quote

Uh

Din has no teeth and has dentures.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#32]
With that Iger dude coming back as CEO of Disney it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t purposely fuck this all up.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
With that Iger dude coming back as CEO of Disney it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t purposely fuck this all up.

View Quote

KK ruined the Book of Boba Fett.  I was expecting Star Wars meets the Sopranos, instead we got a pussified Boba and zoomers on mopeds.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By craig19:

KK ruined the Book of Boba Fett.  I was expecting Star Wars meets the Sopranos, instead we got a pussified Boba and zoomers on mopeds.
View Quote

I only watched the mando episodes. But yeah the zoomers on mopeds was cringe.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:26:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#35]

View All Quotes

It would have been tolerable as part of a larger story arc.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

You didn't miss anything.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#37]

View All Quotes

That part was terrible. They would have maybe been tolerable had it occurred on Coruscant (as part of some B-story), but made absolutely no sense on a backwater world like Tatooine.  Everything about them clashed with the overall theme.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#38]

That part was terrible. They would have maybe been tolerable had it occurred on Coruscant (as part of some B-story), but made absolutely no sense on a backwater world like Tatooine.  Everything about them clashed with the overall theme.
View All Quotes

Yeah, exactly.  If there is another season of BF, it needs to be a lot better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

When he said something to the effect of "I am going to lead with respect..." I knew they had destroyed my favorite childhood character and what should have been an amazing show.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:

When he said something to the effect of "I am going to lead with respect..." I knew they had destroyed my favorite childhood character and what should have been an amazing show.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:

This. When I was a kid,  Boba Fett was the guy who was arrogant enough to show up for a job interview with Darth Vader without putting on his best suit, and who probably had the chops to justify it,  and who had to be specifically individually called out with "I want them alive. No disintegration."

There was a character in BoBF who was that bad ass but it was Cad Bane instead. A kinder, gentler mafia don? GTFO with that nonsense!
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Oh if only we would make THAT miniseries...though it dragged at times, the series of books dealing with the Yuuzhan Vong
are well worth telling in my opinion, make Admiral Daala a character in that arc along with Thrawn.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Did anyone else notice, in Ep 1, after the pompous Mandalorian leader tells Din he's png for taking off his helmet, he puts the half crystal artifact on the table for her, and when she goes to grab it, she misses it with her hand. Guess those helmets aren't too easy to see out of!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By toadmeister:

This raises the question:  Do they leave their helmets on during sex?

What about dental exams?
View Quote

hell, just brushing your teeth.  how do they shower?  do they clean the helmet?  i bet it's nasty.  the whole idea of not taking off your helmet is dumb
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:

hell, just brushing your teeth.  how do they shower?  do they clean the helmet?  i bet it's nasty.  the whole idea of not taking off your helmet is dumb
View Quote

Yes it is. I know its not real but logic keeps trying to assert itself...
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#47]
The ease of Bo Katan using the dark saber will be explored.

And it better be for some reason other than gurl power.

The member suggesting that perhaps armorer is Bo Katan's mother is interesting and could be a nice pay off.

The theories of cloning tying into Thrawn could be interesting and the pay off for why we had 40 minutes of boring shit would be worth it.

But the fact that Asoka is coming and this season may all be a play up to delivering that series could be a let down.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Arr they not allowed ti remove it in the presence of other Mandalorians or did I miss that part? Thought it was only outsiders
View Quote

if that's the case then him and Bo can get their freak on.  LOL!
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Arr they not allowed ti remove it in the presence of other Mandalorians or did I miss that part? Thought it was only outsiders

What’s that law of the internet that if you can imagine it, there is porn of it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I mean, they’ve shown him take off his helmet when nobody else is around.
In season one, the villager lady who had the hots for him asked “when was the last time you took your helmet off?” He replied “yesterday”
But I am glad I’m not the only one wondering if Mandalorians have to keep their helmets on while fucking
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top